Should politically active organizations like Planned Parenthood be funded by taxpayers?

Walt 2012/08/16 23:31:26
Sure! Those pink Planned Parenthood campaign buses are kewl!
Supporting a liberal, baby-killing company with taxpayer dollars is probably illegal.
Other. (Please comment.)
"Planned Parenthood Announces Pro-Obama Bus Tour..."
http://weaselzippers.us/2012/08/15/planned-parenthood-announc...

planned parenthood announces pro-obama bus tour httpweaselzippers us20120815planned-parenthood-announc

From the article:
"While the pro-life women’s group Susan B. Anthony List conducts its own bus tour, the abortion company Planned Parenthood will head out on the road as well in a bus tour covering 11 states. The tour will promote abortion and pro-abortion President Barack Obama..."

Article continues here: http://weaselzippers.us/2012/08/15/planned-parenthood-announc...

• holly go lightly 2012/08/17 22:47:16
    Supporting a liberal, baby-killing company with taxpayer dollars is probably ...
    holly go lightly
    +1
    Probably?
    What ,actually is the confusion ?
  • Walt holly g... 2012/08/17 23:12:39
    Walt
    +1
    There is no confusion. Planned Parenthood is taking federal subsidies and applying them toward the 0bama campaign, which goes against federal campaign finance laws.
  • holly g... Walt 2012/08/17 23:18:48
    holly go lightly
    +1
    Ya I read the question.My answer doesn't have a" probably" in it.
  • schjaz 2012/08/17 18:27:45 (edited)
    Other. (Please comment.)
    schjaz
    i am torn on this subject. i do not think ppl that do not believe in abortion should HAVE to help finance abortions.
    however, there are poor women.....many of them too young.....many of them of them unable to even properly care for themselves, much less a baby, that find themselves in a nightmare and need help.
    we have too many neglected and abused children in this nation. forcing a woman to carry and deliver an unwanted child, rarely bodes well for the child. (thats how we got Charlie Manson, remember?)

on the other hand, maybe planned parenthood should be privately funded. there are a lot of rich people, especially in Hollywood that should be more than happy to help fund planned parenthood.
    we could ask Cher.....she seems to have all the answers lately.
  • Seonag 2012/08/17 12:39:33
    Other. (Please comment.)
    Seonag
    +2
    Supporting ANY politically active organization (including PP) with taxpayer money should be illegal if it already isn't, regardless of how well they keep the money separate!
  • schjaz Seonag 2012/08/17 18:30:18
    schjaz
    +1
    yeah, they have no business taking a political bent. either they are in the healthcare business or politics. it shouldn't work like that but hey....the big pharm companies do it every day.
  • Don Leuty 2012/08/17 11:20:44
    Don Leuty
    +1
    No politics, or no money.
  • holly g... Don Leuty 2012/08/17 22:47:49
    holly go lightly
    +1
    I say no money either way.
  • Carl 2012/08/17 06:27:24
    Other. (Please comment.)
    Carl
  • texasred 2012/08/17 04:34:26
    texasred
    +1
    I don't want my tax dollars going to any organization that is politically active, including Unions.
  • Red Branch 2012/08/17 02:30:52
    Red Branch
    +2
    Especially considering it is a billion dollar a year industry. Even if it was losing money, I would say no.
    Other. (Please comment.)
    +4
    Hell no, let them get donations from liberals, I don't want my tax dollars going to them.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/08/17 00:27:07
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    Absolutely not! Why? Why would it even be our responsibility. When birth control first came on the market it was thought that no one would be having a baby unless they wanted one and that illegal abortions would be a thing of the past. That was over fifty years ago!

But it didn't work out that way because liberals wanted legal abortions to kill the babies that they were too lazy to prevent!

Now we have birth control AND abortion AND we still have UNWANTED pregnancies!! Next we should kill both the mother and the baby!

Would the same thing happen if we had a pill to prevent breast cancer? Would we be cutting breasts off for no good reason?

I have a 'relative' who is going with a girl who can't take birth control because it messes her system up! But if she messes up my 'relative' she'll wish she used birth control AT HER EXPENSE!! Cause I'll have no problem messing up her system!
  • zbacku 2012/08/16 23:57:23
    zbacku
  • Louisa ... zbacku 2012/08/17 00:28:02
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    If anyone sees that pink bus, throw eggs at it!! Unfertilized.
  • Razoreye001 2012/08/16 23:51:00
    Razoreye001
    when one stands for civil liberties it would be unamerican not to.
  • zbacku Razorey... 2012/08/16 23:58:53
    zbacku
    +5
    I know you answer to this, but I must ask anyway. Just who is standing for the civil liberties of the ones being ripped apart and their chance for life is taken away?
  • Razorey... zbacku 2012/08/17 00:03:31
    Razoreye001
    your talking about people who don't exist.
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/17 00:35:10
    Adam
    +4
    you sound like a nazi.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/17 00:37:16
    Razoreye001
    Actually the Nazis were against abortion in case you didn't know. A fetus isn't a human life.
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/17 00:42:43
    Adam
    +4
    We already went over this. Its the behavior against living human beings I am citing you for. Dehumanizing those that are human is what the nazi's did.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/17 00:44:38
    Razoreye001
    then what's the point of debating me again? If you didn't convince me I was wrong last time what makes you think you will this time?
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/17 01:08:29
    Adam
    +2
    You made a wrong statement and I can't just let that go.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/17 01:10:12
    Razoreye001
    You mean one that is factually wrong or one you disagree with?
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/18 02:30:14
    Adam
    both.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/18 03:26:44
    Razoreye001
    well as someone who knows what their talking about when it comes to both science and philosophy I think I am correct in my assertion that a fetus is not a human being it is a parasite that is beneath the law.
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/18 23:19:48
    Adam
    sorry you have no credibility. Anyone that thinks that an unborn is not human has no credibility. You have you use nazi thinking to explain away their humanity.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/19 01:40:08
    Razoreye001
    Let me ask you a question why do you want women to suffer? You are either a sadist or a sexist if you want women to suffer for no reason other than the pursuit of happiness.
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/18 23:22:21
    Adam
    Here is a question for you, how do you define when a fertilized egg magically transforms into a human. If you have an answer then you are intellectually dishonest and you are using an unscientific method, because I know for a fact there is no science out there that would do such a thing.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/19 01:36:49 (edited)
    Razoreye001
    I think you misunderstand, killing a human isn't immoral killing sentient life is as I explained. A fetus is a blank shell that lacks humanity even though it's human. When it is born it is capable of learning. It is able to take information from the outside world and react to it.
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/19 18:04:47
    Adam
    declaring valuable life as sentience is way to subjective. There have been many in the past that have made that argument including the nazi's to justify wiping out a group. It is immoral to purposefully kill a human no matter what stage if it is innocent.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/19 19:05:29 (edited)
    Razoreye001
    Last I checked our scientific name was Homo-sapiens which means sapience is a quality of what it means to be human. Definition of sapience is the ability to apply knowledge or experience or understanding or common sense and insight. in short sapience is learning and then applying what you know. If you can't learn which a fetus can't then it can't apply it's knowledge. Also you avoided the other question I asked. why do you want women to suffer?
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/19 22:54:17
    Adam
    all mammal species begin at conception. This is the beginning of their life. The purpose of how Homo Sapiens came about is only because of the potential of human beings. A person in a vegetative state, or one that is sleeping may be considered not able to understand knowledge or experience because they have no appearance of having such. To often in history have genocidal maniacs used scientific knowledge to try and justify their subjects as not human when they were and are. As for women suffering, women suffer much more when they have an abortion than when they keep children. Why do you want unborn human beings to suffer?
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/19 23:14:27
    Razoreye001
    I seen too many women have their lives destroyed by unplanned pregnancy. I knew women who dropped out of high school and college thanks to unplanned pregnancy and have to live on welfare. If that isn't the definition of suffering I don't know what is. I can not imagine a worse fate then to be forced to give up on your future because of an std that is perfectly curable. Not to mention the fact that when abortion was illegal thousands of women would kill themselves or die from illegal abortions because of an std we call pregnancy. Then there is the undeniable truth that our planet is over populated. It is a known fact that is solidly proven that were breeding ourselves into poverty and the total destruction of our society. Only crackpot conspiracy theorists that hate women would deny these facts.

It is a myth that women who have abortions suffer. When interviewed women said their experience having an abortion was a relief. Women who get abortions are bullied by society to think of themselves as lesser which explains away the myth of post abortion syndrome because these women are bullied into thinking they are murderers when that is far from the truth. In my previous debate I had already proven that societies that allow abortion on request are much more free and are more equal societies. Restrictions on abortion only serve one purpose and that is to punish women. I doubt you want your tax dollars going to support some poor women who's life was destroyed by pregnancy.
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/20 00:50:15
    Adam
    There is no inalienable right to have a perfect life. There is an inalienable right to live. Why are you more concerned about someone having a comfortable lifestyle than a person right to live.

If women die to illegal abortions that is their own fault. They shouldn't be trying to murder the life within them anyway. I would have any sympathy for a murderer on a rampage who accidentally fell into his own knife.

Our planet is not over populated. The only reason there are starving people is because of mismanagement of our resources. We can easily have 100 times more people than we have now.

It is not a myth that people who have abortions suffer. There are plenty of testimony's of women who had abortion which destroyed their life. Not to mention cold hard facts that place women who have an abortions 6 times more likely to commit suicide than those who have the baby.

I prefer charities help poor people as they are more able to tell the difference between someone in need and someone trying to feed off the system. Government programs only serve to make people dependent on the government which in turn makes government their God.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/20 01:06:19
    Razoreye001
    Because I don't see the need to punish women for an accident that could as easily be outside there control as any std. Personal accounts are subjective at best and I already explained away those suicides as a result of bullying and falsely telling women they are murderers when they are not. You have no sympathy for the women suffering such a horrible fate. I'll tell you what, until your forced to give up your job for a mistake you made or seen some people suffer from unplanned pregnancy then you can make those points.
  • Adam Razorey... 2012/08/20 01:33:32
    Adam
    bullying does not explain a 6 times higher rate. People who commit suicide don't do so because of a strangers opinions but because people they know are constantly hassling them. Due to the secrecy that people keep when having an abortion, that throws your theory clearly out of the pool. I wish you would stop punishing the unborn who have the right to live just because of their location, of which 50% are female. Like I said before, only the selfish think me me me what about my life when considering who they are going to murder. Quit perpetuating selfishness. It is this that leads to the destruction of societies. Babies are not punishments.
  • Razorey... Adam 2012/08/20 01:43:15
    Razoreye001
    That is not factually true, when you institutionalize a belief people follow said belief. An example of this can be seen in the suicide rates of imperial Japanese soldiers when they lost. I am afraid your not going to convince me and seeing as your not going to stop trolling me on this issue I am afraid I'll have to block you.
  • texasred Razorey... 2012/08/17 04:35:19
    texasred
    You really are a communist, aren't you?
  • Razorey... texasred 2012/08/17 04:41:44
    Razoreye001
    I believe in a mixed economy, Communism is too Micky Mouse for me. After reading about Marx he sounded too much like John Stuart Mills in that they both seem to falsely believe humans are inherently moral creatures when this is not true.

2014/07/24 21:42:37