Should parents who put child in frontload washing machine and turn it on be charged with child endangerment?

Civic Minded 2012/05/21 22:42:50
I don't know where this happened or who these people are, however, the video was posted on May 11th. Will these parents be identified and charged with child endangerment? Should the child be removed from their custody while an investigation is undertaken? What say you?!

• Rodney 2012/05/22 03:08:12
    Yes, someone will identify them and there will be an investigation.
    Rodney
    +4
    Absolutely! That was not only asinine, but extremely dangerous! Especially when you consider over 21,000 children die each year in a washer or dryer, worldwide.

• teigan 2012/05/22 04:20:18
    I think ... (Please leave a comment)
    teigan
    +3
    Not sure what to think here. The dad put her in and then the mom came over, but I didn't see them turn it one before they looked like they were trying to get the door open. Then it looks like the mom hit a button but it looked like they were trying to get the door open before that happened.
    Stupid, yes, what bothers me is that they ran off so quick that we don't know if the child was injured. The child very likely was injured, but we don't know. Perhaps they took the baby to the hospital and could be identified that way. I don't think they intentional did that to hurt the child, just really really stupid.
  • beavith1 2012/05/22 04:17:18
    I think ... (Please leave a comment)
    beavith1
    +3
    i remember crawling into one of those laundramat washing machines as a kid and pulling the door shut, like it was a mercury capsule. it seemed like it was only a few minutes, but my mother had that wild look in her eyes like it had been hours.

boy. did i get a licking...
  • Rodney 2012/05/22 03:08:12
    Rodney
    +4
    +4
    Blatant and reckless disregard of the boy's safety and of every rule in the book about home appliances.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/05/22 02:11:56
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    OMG, let's put them in one and turn it on and not let them out! That's horrendous!!!
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/05/22 01:42:49
    SK-pro impeachment
    +4
    Well the last thing they should have done once they got the child out is to hand it back to the parents! Boy they sure took off running and left all their stuff behind. i think they knew they were in deep doodoo.
  • Civic M... SK-pro ... 2012/05/22 02:06:57
    Civic Minded
    +4
    Hopefully they rushed the child to the hospital.
  • 56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA... 2012/05/21 23:12:10
    56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA-F's
    +4
    What is wrong with people ???
    A case in Fort Wayne, Indiana tied their four kids to the hood of the car (parents were drunk) driving down the street!!

This is horrible . . . child could drown, have a broken neck, who knows but this is irresponsible!!
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2012/05/21 23:02:34
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +4
    The child can suffocate in there.
  • Civic M... debrara... 2012/05/21 23:04:11
    Civic Minded
    +3
    or drown, get a broken neck, and be traumatized for life if he or she survived -
    I suspect they took the child to a hospital. Sure hope so!
  • debrara... Civic M... 2012/05/21 23:14:05
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +2
    I pray that the kid's ok.
  • Civic M... debrara... 2012/05/22 02:06:13
    Civic Minded
    +2
    So do I.
  • obi_have 2012/05/21 22:54:12
    I think ... (Please leave a comment)
    obi_have
    +1
    Depends, did they use hypoallergenic detergent?
  • Civic Minded 2012/05/21 22:49:50
    Civic Minded
    +4
    I think in time someone will report who these people are that nearly caused the death of the toddler by putting him/her in the washer and turning it on. There have been too many cases where children who have been reported as being at risk have eventually been killed. This is not a doll, but a real and helpless small child, depending upon adults for every need. How can this child feel secure after such an incident?! May the adults be identified and the legal system prosecute them.

2014/10/31 04:22:47