Should Obama's campaign organization help advocate his presidential agenda?

L.A. Times 2013/01/18 17:12:00
Leaders of President Obama's reelection campaign announced Friday that they are launching a permanent advocacy organization called "Organizing for Action" that will enlist his supporters to fight for his policy agenda.

Calling it "the next phase of this movement," former campaign manager Jim Messina described the new group as an extension of Obama's successful bid for a second term, which used technology to engage volunteers at a new level in their communities.

"If we can take the enthusiasm and passion that people showed throughout the campaign and channel it into the work ahead of us, we will be unstoppable," Messina, who will be the chairman of the new group, wrote in an email to campaign donors early Friday morning.

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-a...

• Georgia50 2013/01/19 01:43:45
    Georgia50
    +43
    So they sit there in Chicago, ignore all the murder around them and instead focus on implementing more liberal policies that can only result in more murder.

Why am I not shocked?

• roboto-pwcm-jla 2013/01/24 01:38:21
    roboto-pwcm-jla
    Let there "enthusiasm and passion" take them down the toilet.
  • johnpar 2013/01/22 21:56:14
    johnpar
    "No one ever went broke underestimating the gullibility of the American public." H.L. Mencken

Deliver the message in easy to repeat slogans. Never confuse the people with facts. Make sure each message vilifies, demeans and marginalizes the evil conservatives that believe in the constitution and Judeo-Christian values. Distort and destroy their evil message before they can speak it to the masses. Always remember Newspeak - good is evil, people that think differently than you are dangerous and will hurt you. Go now, and do as you are instructed, Comrade. You get extra vodka ration reward tonight.
  • iamnothere 2013/01/22 19:44:41
    iamnothere
    really have to wonder about those who voted yes.. guess they dont have a clue about K street and influence peddling People really have gone to jail for less.. re jack abramoff
  • Bastion 2013/01/22 18:30:48
    Bastion
    I don't understand the question.

How is this not a good idea? Or at least, how is this anybody else's business?
  • PetrifiedElephantPoop 2013/01/22 18:13:13
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    Yeppers
  • Pay me 4profile 2013/01/22 18:05:25
    Pay me 4profile
    +1
    wait a second........

his campaigning team are going to march around and become free regulatory enforcer?
    Wait his campaigning team wich have social association with terrist country investor are going to do what? "advocate the president agenda"

wait let social think about this, the president is going go cut the budget and replace people with his campaign constituants?

wait i am confused......
    the president is creating a miltia of people to be agenda enforcer?

who are they going to advacate to? the media. would that not just be a press secretary?
    wait are these people going to be added to the defense spending package?

welk i guess when your bigger and stronger then the constitution you can do what ever yoy want.

2nd admenment

ok so if the president is creating a miltitia of advacate,are they getting secrete service protection if they choose or reject to bare arms?

listen president advacotes, give me his agenda right here and come to my house inperson. id love to sit you down on my couch for a conversation, cause that what you all want go do.
  • Pay me ... Pay me ... 2013/01/22 18:31:05
    Pay me 4profile
    i saw the video and u michelle can not trick the people to run around to do or be the president chess peices, if ur husband need inspiratiin and ideas, he is directed ti work with the people in congress. the process of make important decesiin for the people are elected ofdi ials, not people who vote for him. the process is all wrong. if he simply had made revulation to help small busiiness and start bussiness, their would be better employment numbers. if he would have believed in his cause, rather then fight a high scool afgument with the rich,he could have done more before the bush taxes expired. now he wants to violate thier civilian right of voting by forcing them to get more involved and thats wrong. if some one wants to get involved then thats perfection, but to broadcast a cry for help when thier civilian right is vote, is asking more form people then they diserve michelle.

michell and burrack, you want help, find me here or email me here
  • RubenRi... Pay me ... 2013/01/22 18:58:34
    RubenRibnik
    she does not have to trick them, there already is a blind liberal base she an put to work to do almost anything they ask, these are the same people who day after day threaten the lives of gun manufactures and the NRA president... they know nothing but BLIND faith.. Shame there faith is in something so transparent
  • Pay me ... RubenRi... 2013/01/22 20:03:47
    Pay me 4profile
    your one hundred percet right, the sad part they voice thier civilian right to vote, and now they are forcing people to waist time and more money for presidential rating approval of his agenda.
    they lie sucker them to have a cause, i thought the president actaully has a job, called "writing a budget for the next four years"
  • Bastion Pay me ... 2013/01/22 18:31:57
    Bastion
    +1
    Pardon?
  • Pay me ... Bastion 2013/01/22 20:06:30
    Pay me 4profile
    were did i loose you, it would be my pleasure to ablidge
  • Bastion Pay me ... 2013/01/22 20:09:50
    Bastion
    I don't think you can help

laughing calvin and hobbes
  • Pay me ... Bastion 2013/01/22 20:30:07
    Pay me 4profile
    dont think, you push your self to retirment faster, state your case, and see what the youth of america will do when i pave the road for them

yellow brick road yellow brick road yellow brick road
  • stephen... Pay me ... 2013/01/22 20:10:45
    stephen.runnels.1
    WAIT! There has been yet another shooting in Houston today. Was it a crazy person like you with weird paranoiac associations floating around in their head? Probably. They usually are. If you and your gun buddies would spend more time in a classroom than masturbating to your firearms as you fantasize about insurrection you might find your embarrassing ignorance and pathology frightening to you. As it is right now, your fears of everyone else not like you put normal people in danger. Like today in Houston.
  • Pay me ... stephen... 2013/01/22 20:46:21
  • Lana 2013/01/22 17:55:46
    Lana
    +1
    Yes we can, yes we did and YES we will !

Keep going Mr. President
  • USAF Vet 2013/01/22 07:53:56
    USAF Vet
    +1
    How much more of Odumbo's personal agenda do I have to have shoved down my throat? When is it going to stop and are liberals so f*****g stupid they need him to guide them through life?
  • Just Jenn for Now 2013/01/22 05:31:07
    Just Jenn for Now
    +1
    Don't listen to pessimists and nay-sayers - this is a good thing, guys. Chill.
  • Bob Just Je... 2013/01/22 11:51:09
    Bob
    +1
    Exactly how can hyping up people with little information on the subjects be a good thing? That's how we got Obama, twice! IF they did some accurate education (which they can't, because their positions rely on lies), then this situation might be alight.
  • Just Je... Bob 2013/01/23 18:15:43
    Just Jenn for Now
    Well, sorry to hear about your lack of faith, Robert. :)
  • Bob Just Je... 2013/01/27 19:04:20
    Bob
    Oh, I have faith, just not in the people surrounding this administration doing the right thing. They can't be trusted.
  • joe mauro 2013/01/22 05:01:42
    joe mauro
    but they have
  • Civic Minded 2013/01/22 04:03:25
    Civic Minded
    +1
    Political leaders should make their own case, not use people to push an agenda.
  • Thomas G Towns 2013/01/22 02:27:12 (edited)
  • Edie 2013/01/22 01:50:17
    Edie
    +1
    Just another way to put more of his good old boys on his payroll for us to pay for.
  • jon 2013/01/22 00:53:38
    jon
    but hell as long as it is not tax money going there, Ya I know "dream on"
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2013/01/21 22:47:43
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    Disgusting. American patriots will have to fight ever harder against Obama's Communist regime and it's slimy tentacles.
  • PJ Sweet Cheeks 2013/01/21 18:03:24
    PJ  Sweet Cheeks
    +4
    How much help does this guy need for his agenda?! He has way too much as it is!
    Didn't dictator Hitler do this?!!!
  • stephen.runnels.1 2013/01/21 16:17:17
    stephen.runnels.1
    +5
    The President certainly needs people to explain to those who cannot think beyond the limbic system of their brain what the mandate from the majority voters want him to accomplish. The racist and other socially retarded members of the minority party will continue to berate the President no matter what more he and his administration accomplishes during his second term, but at least the President can now focus on what we again voted for him to do.
  • Thomas ... stephen... 2013/01/22 02:46:05 (edited)
    Thomas G Towns
    CAUTION BRAINWASHING IN PROGRESS MIND CONTROL MIND CONTROL MIND CONTROL MIND CONTROL
  • Lana Thomas ... 2013/01/22 18:09:13
    Lana
    +1
    Sounds like you already are brain washed !
  • Thomas ... Lana 2013/01/22 18:47:57 (edited)
    Thomas G Towns
    +1
    sucker hopenosis
  • Bob stephen... 2013/01/22 11:57:02
    Bob
    Ah, I can tell you are a true liberal, you went immediately to calling names and smears without providing any facts. But I would hope all Americans would "berate" him for running up a trillion dollar + deficit every year.
  • stephen... Bob 2013/01/22 16:39:41
    stephen.runnels.1
    +1
    Unlike you as a standing example, you will have to explain what facts you require in relation to my comment.
  • Lana stephen... 2013/01/22 18:07:47
    Lana
    +1
    Right you are, thanks for the post.
  • RubenRi... stephen... 2013/01/22 19:03:13
    RubenRibnik
    +1
    Oh listen to you.. Racisit, retarded,ohh another attack using big names by a libutard, seems as you hit your nail right on the head. but then you are a gimme type of personality and not a work for it type. Just as Obama, that is why he uses exucitive orders and by passes congress, some of his own party votes against his extreme ideas, and as far as berate, until he lives up to his oath, he deserves it. this is a republic, not a socialist nation.
  • Alex Goldsmith 2013/01/21 15:24:33
    Alex Goldsmith
    +1
    that's what they're supposed to do, even though I don't support his agenda at all
  • Susan 2013/01/21 15:15:31
    Susan
    +3
    So how is this different than the SS during Hitler's reign?
  • Thisism... Susan 2013/01/21 15:43:27
  • Aqua Su... Susan 2013/01/21 22:49:05
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    More like Hitler Youth, the SS was his goon squad.

2014/07/25 11:27:58