More
well that's not a good sign picture Videos News Slideshows Questions Topics

SLIDESHOW: well that's not a good sign picture

Watch Video

Should Obama Have Won A Nobel Peace Prize?

safari 2009/10/09 10:40:28

• chef_sk 2010/03/18 14:49:00
    chef_sk
    +2
    for what what did he do to deserve this recognition, just because he's a different color. It should make no difference whether you're black white yellow or red. sounds like a political maneuver to strengthen his stance as a presidency to broden his iinfluence.Maybe for acting ya, that's it. but should'nt Putin get one too then?
  • reggie 2010/01/11 01:28:41
    reggie
    unless they were just trying to illustrate what a joke it has became.
  • Tora 2009/12/21 09:36:19 (edited)
    Tora
    +3
    it was just handed to him. for words he spoke.
    he didnt do anything to get it.
    maybe if he can make peace with everyone, without paying them our money, then maybe ya.
    im waiting......
  • noelle 2009/12/11 00:14:45
    noelle
    He does not deserve this honor because of his aims to bring human peace but not human and animal peace. I recall when he was doing an interview about his goals while being president were, he smashed a fly and laughed about it. And so did everybody around him, for that matter. If this guy is willing to smash an innocent creature in front of America, he does not deserve to win this prize.
  • dustin 2009/12/10 13:58:21
    dustin
    The peace prize was set up for one person or group of three . Not a country or the 1st black prez .This does not make you better or help humanity for what you say your going to do and not what you have done. And if so i think i should be awarded or nominated the nobel prize on the Literature l have produced in this thread. and for obama to waste are time and money on some thing he has not earned is sickening how awsome to be nominated for peace when your at war the prince of peace has returned so strap in hang on and get ready for the last ride in this age of man.
  • chef_sk dustin 2010/03/18 14:56:54
    chef_sk
    +1
    According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded to the person who:

“ ...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.[1] ”

Alfred Nobel's will declared that the prize should be awarded by a committee of five people elected by the Norwegian Parliament.
  • berni16 2009/11/05 21:01:34
    berni16
    +1
    Don't you have to do something first???.....can I get one then?
  • ~1seahawksfan~ 2009/10/29 05:05:04
    ~1seahawksfan~
    Absolutely not. He didn't earn it!! I saw a poster. Peace prize, like socialized medicine and welfare...you don't have to work to get it. That prize has no value left!!
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2009/10/28 02:05:39
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +1
    FOR WHAT? Not being Bush?
  • juandefuca 2009/10/23 19:34:55 (edited)
    juandefuca
    He should have ben given one just to have been born .
  • Electri... juandefuca 2009/10/24 18:07:48
    Electricguru
    +2
    Here's another prime example of the, ( No one gets left behind ), education reform. Illiteracy, stupidity, and a little cherry of ignorance on top, run rampant. Have you even read Mr.Nobel's last Will In Testament, stipulating the exact criteria, for which any of his awards are to be given ? What a stupid idiotic post. Jew' wand' a' fu' ca. LOL Your parents not like you or what ? Are you a legal resident of the United States of America ? Your opinion doesn't count here. Go somewhere else.
  • juandefuca Electri... 2009/11/06 23:00:41
    juandefuca
    It appears that you are being pissed off at something whatever Juandefuca wrote .
    Juan de Fuca does not even recall what he wrote .Whether or not Obama is a citizen or not is also irrelevant . One of these days you will be enlightend as to Who is running the show to lead you around with that ring in your nose .
    .
  • Electri... juandefuca 2009/11/07 17:14:20
    Electricguru
    Juanafucku or whatever, stated that, he or she, thought Obama should have gotten awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for just being born. That is the most stupid posting on this topic that I have read as to date. Heck we all should get an award then, even juanafrackola, or you. What a moron. Maybe, if you can't remember what you said in a posting, you should cut down on the drugs and alcohol, or were you really one of those kids that got pasted to the next grade, and can't even speak proper English of read and write? Don't get left behind. What an idiot.
  • Electri... juandefuca 2009/11/07 17:21:37
    Electricguru
    Evidently, you can't read and understand what your reading either, I wasn't questioning Obamas citizenship, Obama is recognized as a legal American citizen, an yes it does matter. A none U.S. citizen can't hold a government office. What I was questioning was juanaf... citizenship. You guys must be related. Are you even a legal resident? Moron.
  • Jenny 2009/10/22 12:52:25
    Jenny
    I like Pres. Obama but no he should've gotten it because he just got in office. Plus, the United States is in two wars.
  • Diane 2009/10/18 16:17:20
    Diane
    +2
    Here is what I consider the only reason he got this award. He is in cahoots with other world leaders to form the NWO.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?...

http://wattsupwiththat.com/20...
  • wah-yaw 2009/10/16 20:03:35
    wah-yaw
    +1
    it even said in the news that he won it for what he wants to do, rather than what he has done. so what if he has been trying to bring the world closer to America, he needs to worry more about the problems in America first and then worry about making friends. Recently my doughter was born and the only reason that we didnt have to giver her up is because of WIC and state run insurance, where is my help? i dont want a government fucking hand out i want a job so i can support my family properly. WIC and state insurance is just a waist of your tax money.
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Kellie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 2009/10/16 17:47:18 (edited)
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Kellie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    +2
    Since they seem to be just handing them out, where's mine? I want one too!!
  • Bureauc... Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... 2009/10/28 02:08:30
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +2
    One of every four boxes of Cracker Jacks contains one.
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... Bureauc... 2009/10/31 22:58:12
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Kellie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    LOL
  • morbshock 2009/10/15 01:57:19
    morbshock
    +2
    Hell No! Oh, does that mean that I'm a racist? When you Libs can't take the pressure you pull out the race card which is supposed to stop us right wingers in our tracks. No way. Nobama hasn't done a damn thing to have won the Nobel Peace Prize. Unless he paid them off? Oh yeah!
  • Michele 2009/10/14 19:33:16
    Michele
    +6
    He has set the tone among world leaders for a new atmosphere of peace, mutual respect and democracy among the citizens of the world, regardless of their cultural beliefs. This is a new moment for us. People around the world can feel the hope and optimism that he brings to the world stage. There is a chance for peace now. For the first time in memory. Because of his leadership. He will continue to do more. That does not make it wrong to honor him for what he has already done, and the way he stands by the interests of peace and equanimity no matter how unpopular a position that may be.

He has also helped to protect our future peace by making environmental concerns a real priority for his administration. If we do not join with the rest of the world in this way, we will have no choice but to go to war over rapidly dwindling natural resources. You can criticize him for what he has yet to do, but the fact is that part of the reason he deserves this honor is that he has given us hope again.
  • Electri... Michele 2009/10/18 04:02:24
    Electricguru
    What? Setting a tone for a new atmosphere does not a Nobel Peace Prize make. People of the world are still waring, bickering, oppressing the human rights of their own citizens, not to mention all the piracy, and slave trading of their own citizens that has been going on since the times of the American colonials. A few million people on the Internet and choice T.V.
    news items of the so called world stage leaders, that say one thing and have done absolutely nothing in any direction toward Obamas peaceful wishes, still adds up to nothing, if it ever really happens at all. When any of the following are resolved because of Obamas new tone become a reality, then he has truly accomplished , and completed a world class peace process. Such things like, resolving all the issues between Muslims and Jews, or controlling piracy and slave trading in any of the African countries, or a peaceful world without terrorism, that is happening , on a daily basis, in many countries, that we have nothing at all to do with, Have you even read Mr. Nobel's will? So I suppose you , the well informed wouldn't mind telling the rest of us exactly, what Obama has done, in accordance with the specific requirements of Mr. Nobel's award, to deserve such recognition. Please make us all a list, no skip that, make ...
    news items of the so called world stage leaders, that say one thing and have done absolutely nothing in any direction toward Obamas peaceful wishes, still adds up to nothing, if it ever really happens at all. When any of the following are resolved because of Obamas new tone become a reality, then he has truly accomplished , and completed a world class peace process. Such things like, resolving all the issues between Muslims and Jews, or controlling piracy and slave trading in any of the African countries, or a peaceful world without terrorism, that is happening , on a daily basis, in many countries, that we have nothing at all to do with, Have you even read Mr. Nobel's will? So I suppose you , the well informed wouldn't mind telling the rest of us exactly, what Obama has done, in accordance with the specific requirements of Mr. Nobel's award, to deserve such recognition. Please make us all a list, no skip that, make me a fracking list, explaining exactly what accomplishment he has completed, to merit such an award. So far, let us see, he has done,........... nothing. Asking a few countries to please stop the bickering, waring, or violating their citizens human rights, does not get the check wrote. When those countries have believed in his ideas enough to actually perform those request, and actually get something concrete completed, then he should be considered for such an award, and if he won, he should be proud, as we all would be at that point. That point in time has not come. When he has performed such an act as likened to let us say, Ronald Reagan, who actually reduced the worlds nuclear arsenal by 1/3, or better yet, freed millions of oppressed Germans from communist rule, when the Berlin Wall came down. Which is why he received his Nobel Peace Prize. According to your reasoning, after Reagan's speech requesting the Berlin Wall be torn down, if it had not been torn down, he should have gotten the Nobel Peace Prize anyway. I think not. Wanting something, asking for, wishing it, saying on T.V., that it is your policy, or intending it to be so, means absolutely jack and squat. I think we all intended to have flying cars by now too. Maybe we should give George Jetson a Nobel Peace Prize too. Obama hasn't changed anything about the situation in Iraq. The troops aren't coming home any sooner than was previously scheduled by the Bush administration. No peace happening there. He wants to mess up now by sending more troops to Afganistan, to beat the Taliban, which we didn't even need before. We were smarter then, using Afgan citizen soldiers, before we later went into Iraq, I didn't vote for Bush Jr., and I didn't like him as much as his father. I voted for Obama, and at this point, I don't like him much either. He has completed nothing even close to fulfilling any of his campaign promises. All talk and no walk. The Bush Administration studied bank, insurance, automotive bail outs possibilities, by a 27 member panel, according to the congressional and senatorial written archives, almost 2 years ago, and determined that they wouldn't work in there current configurations. Well Obama cost the American tax payers almost 30 billion dollars total, trying to now make it work. It wasn't his idea, which is somewhat good for him, except that it didn't work, as it was predicted it wouldn't before he came on the scene. The cash for clunkers isn't working, except that the insurance companies now have new monies coming in from people that can't afford to pay the higher insurance rates on the new vehicles they now own. That is, the ones with a job, and 87% of the new cars sold were not Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, or Jeep, etc. They were German or Japanese designed cars, etc. We really stimulated their economic infrastructures, not ours. Oops, looks like the new tone, hope, and good intentions didn't think about that little flaw. Many, many of the people that have gotten laid off since then, are having their new credit line taken back away by the banks, as they loose their new car. Health Care. Anything been done there? Heck no. He was gonna close Guantanamo Bay the first day in office, to show his new power, what a joke. Is it closed , or going to be closed? Heck no. Has he done anything about our illegal immigration problems, which is over burdening our medical system, and our government self help organizations, with free care, welfare, and food stamps going to people that one, don't deserve it, and two aren't paying for it. Those of us that has been paying for it all our lives, can't get it if we really need it, because of the tougher requirements the government had to put on the allocations of the monies. Has he fixed that little problem? Heck no. Unemployment, nation wide hasn't dropped one bit. The only thing that has dropped is his approval ratings. According to the numbers I have been reading all across America, he won't even be considered for a second term nomination, and he possibly may become known as one of the worst presidents we have ever elected, and possibly one of our worst political mistakes, if the polling was done today. If he doesn't do something pretty darn good, in his one and only first term, to convince the 92% majority, from the presidential poll done just last week, of registered voters of the American public. He will also be known in history, as one of the people on the bottom of the Nobel Peace Prize list, that did the least to win such an award, and never really deserved it. Opinions from the never get left behind school gang generation, that end up more of a burden on society, illiterate, can't perform basic math skills, any arts or sciences, do not actually contribute to the advancement of our species, in any field of study, only contribute to one thing, themselves, in either not caring about the facts, too ignorant to get the facts, or just believing whatever they choose to see as real, because it takes there mind off their existence, makes them feel they are part of something more important than they can achieve on their own, and gets them through their day.
  • me Electri... 2009/10/20 00:20:50
    me
    just shut up!!!
  • me Electri... 2009/10/20 00:21:37
    me
    bla bla bla bla!!!
  • Electri... me 2009/11/07 17:29:45
    Electricguru
    Good reply, well informed, factual, and intelligent. You really told me a thing or two............................. Moron.
  • me Electri... 2009/11/13 23:21:53
    me
    you want to sound like you know something this is how you sound bla bla bla bla just shut up MORON!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bleh me 2009/11/24 11:22:39
    Bleh
    Actually, I think you're just too incapable of focussing on an interesting text for more than a few seconds. Why don't you shut your trap until you come up with something useful for the discussion? I personally agree with most of what Electricguru says, and I find his detailed criticism very helpful. Obama really should focus on America's problems before getting involved in the affairs of other countries. Bush made the same mistake...it's almost as if the US preaches to other countries about what they should be doing to 'preserve peace' but actually it just looks really weak and annoying, seeing as America itself is full of problems. Before taking up a superior stance, make sure you yourself are not full of obvious flaws.

From an Asian observer =)
  • Frank 2009/10/14 16:54:20
    Frank
    You have to be kidding, for WHAT? He talks peace and so do a lot of other people, hell we all want peace. HMMM, sending more troops to the middle East Obama??? I thought I heard you say many many times during your campaign you weren't going to do that. HMMM, maybe your peace talks were lies too, just asking.
  • *harizon line* 2009/10/13 20:29:36
    *harizon line*
    um no
  • Woody 2009/10/13 12:56:58 (edited)
    Woody
    +4
    HE HASN'T ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING!!!!!

If he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize then so do ALL the scientist who have ever "talked" about curing Cancer. It's just insane!accomplished deserves nobel peace prize scientist talked curing cancer
  • TruePat... Woody 2009/10/13 15:43:50
    TruePatriot
    +1
    An honest assessment of Barry's job performance:

A CEO's 6 month evaluation of Obama's performance.

Bob Oster was CFO of Oracle when it went public, also CFO of Syntex, and holds a Ph.D. in economics from UC-Berkeley. Since 1987, he has been an angel investor and private venture capitalist. He is also on the Board of Overseers at the Hoover Institution.

My 6 Month Evaluation of the Obama Presidency -by Bob Oster

In November 2008, I drafted my evaluation of the Obama candidacy and what it might mean to America.
    I filed it away, but sent it to family members and a few close friends and associates, just so I’d be accountable for my real time observations. It’s now been 6 months since Obama’s inauguration. (In the business world, this is typically when a first job review would occur; so, I made a note to myself to revisit his performance on the 6-month anniversary.) Thus, I now commit to filing my mid-year evaluation of our new President. As well, I’ve put in the file (but not forwarded to anyone) a separate “background check” — the one the press should've done on the Obama candidacy prior to presenting him to the American public — in case this is ever of relevance as things unfold.

As concerned as I was by Obama’s candidacy when I wrote my November pre-election reservat...

<

As concerned as I was by Obama’s candidacy when I wrote my November pre-election reservations, truth be known, I didn't much like McCain/Palin either. At the time, I still had hopes that Obama might “govern from the center.” Six months into it, however, I can say that he’s been considerably worse than my worst fears. Thus, I’m updating my evaluation — this time with the fervent hope that by the year-end I can be genuinely more optimistic.

I’ve concluded that not only was Barack Obama too inexperienced to be President, but he also appears to be incompetent as an executive, more-than-just-politician-lev... and a bit of a narcissist (if not a fascist). He seems to have little understanding of American history, her dreams, or her tremendous potential for risk-taking, self-correction and innovation. He and Michelle have turned out to be quintessential Ivy League “Oppression Studies majors” with (carefully concealed) “attitudes.”

Obama seems, above all, to be a Community Organizer with shakedown credentials and extraordinary speaking ability. All of this should have been clear -- had we simply done serious background checks. (The following 4 items, at least, should have been clear to voters: (1) His surrogate father figure was Frank Marshall Davis, an avowed Communist. (2) Barack served as a committed trainer for Community Activist and Marxist Saul Alinsky. (3) He sat for nearly 2 decades at the feet of Jeremiah Wright, an angry, anti-American “Black Liberation Theologist”. (4) His first autobiography, Dreams from My Father, was almost certainly ghost-written by William Ayers, a Vietnam-era domestic terrorist. [This last assertion has now been supported by careful analysis of syntax, spelling and common errors.]

If these unusual threads (standing alone) are discounted to the point of not being disqualifiers, those evaluating Barack Obama might have considered that he’d never (a) held a job in the private sector, (b) managed a payroll, (c) led a turnaround or held any sort of executive position. But, none of this mattered in the fall of 2008.

After 6 months, I’m left wondering if power brokers on the Far Left of American politics aren’t pinching themselves at their success in creating a fictitious character the press ushered to market in a Bush-weary and "politically correct" America. In his second autobiography, The Audacity of Hope, Obama recognizes the advantage of his tabula rasa “creation” when he writes, “I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views.”

And, project we did! Thus, the former Barry Soetoro of Honolulu, Jakarta, Mombasa, Occidental, Columbia, Harvard and the mean streets of Chicago moved at light speed from being the first-term senator nobody had ever heard of to President of the United States. In the process, despite numerous efforts, no one has yet seen his original birth certificate, his college transcripts, his application to Occidental (likely as a “foreign student”?), or the passport he used to travel in 1981 to Pakistan with buddy Wahid Hamid (likely an Indonesian one?). For some reason, the Obama campaign has, so far, spent $3/4 million keeping these records out of public view. So, it’s easy to wonder -- if they supported Obama’s putative Curriculum Vitae -- why not make them available and put to rest all suspicions about provenance, training, and politics?

My growing hunch is that there’s virtually no paper trail because the Obama biography has been created largely out of whole cloth. There, I’ve said what increasing numbers of people must be thinking, but are afraid to voice. But, whether or not Obama is more than a cleverly-marketed fiction, and whatever one thinks of his history, one thing is clear. He finally does have a record to evaluate. And, it’s not a confidence-inspiring one from my standpoint.

At best, Obama is an attractive symbol for America and a compelling communicator; but he’s....

1. Not an executive. He’s shown an utter inability to focus, to set priorities and to consider 2nd and 3rd order or long-term consequences to his actions. Lack of focus on priorities is fatal as a CEO; (but, maybe less so for a political leader?)

2. Not a steward or fiduciary for America. Obama clearly does not see his primary job as one of overseeing the security and well-being of America during his tenure as its chief executive. He’s not only unwilling to stand up for America, but he also regularly seems to go out of his way to apologize for her history. This makes it apparent that he believes his most important job is to change America into what he and Michelle think it should have been had we not suffered the Founders’ flawed vision.

At worst, Obama’s aims seem truly radical (if stealth); his methods pure Alinsky; and his success derivative of obfuscating the truth, creating crises, and rushing changes into law that no one can possibly absorb under artificial deadlines — all aimed at limiting private property rights, changing the Constitution and forever altering our free market system?

For those who consider Obama’s training and background irrelevant, they can now evaluate him as a Commander-in-Chief and CEO from what he’s done over his first 6 months.

Among many other things, these evidences have come in the form of:

1. A $787B “stimulus” package (sold as preventing a “crisis from becoming catastrophe”)

2. The failure to focus on addressing the banking crisis as “Job One”

3. The migration of TARP funds to non-banking concerns, including the auto industry

4. Announcing tax increases in the middle of a recession

5. Failure to identify projects to fund job creation (Thus, <10% of stimulus yet to be spent)

6. Announcing that there would be “no pork” or “earmarks” in the “stimulus” package in order to get it passed without review when there were nearly 10,000 buried in the unread bill (including a $9B high-speed rail line to Las Vegas for Harry Reid )

7. Bailouts of the banking and auto industries

8. The appointment of a 31-year-old to manage the revitalization on of the auto companies

9. The exalting of union claims above those of bondholders (violating a 200+ year history of contract law/property rights)

10. The appointment of 34 unvetted “czars” -- creating more than in the House of Romanov between 1762 and 1917!

11. The failure to appoint a Cabinet of tax-paying, competent Americans (Reason for the move to the Czar system of administration?)

12. The appointment of Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court despite some questions about her lack of qualifications and judicial temperament.

13. The dark-of-night passage of “Cap and Trade” legislation (300-page-long addendum inserted at3 am the morning of the vote in the House)

14. The high pressure tactics to rush through a budget-busting $1.6 Trillion takeover of our National Healthcare System.

15. Phony “townhall” meetings with a fake cross-section of Americans selling Obamacare on ABC.

16. “Lying” about budget deficits — projecting 4% GDP growth by year-end.

17. “Lying” about job losses — projecting that if Congress would just ram through the “stimulus” that job losses could be halted at 8% (currently on their way to 10% and rising).

18. “Lying” about the costs of nationalized healthcare -- (just as when politicians projected Medicare’s cost in 1990 to be $3 billion, its actual cost turned out in 1990 to $98 billion — 30 times as much)

19. Pretending that new entitlement programs will provide lower costs, better care, no significant tax increases, more competition (as government joins the fray!) and keeping current private options. Claiming “free” healthcare will make America more competitive is baffling. Everyone knows the above are lies; but no one seems ready to call them out.

20. Forcing the “stimulus” package on states to impinge on“States Rights.”

21. Failing to support the freedom-loving citizens in Honduras and Iran (and instead, giving comfort to their dictators) to say nothing of his ineffectiveness with North Korea and his anti-Israelipronouncements.

22. Allocating $4 Billion of “stimulus” funds to ACORN, the voter fraud thugs.

23. Seeking to push through Union Card Check, the so-called “Fairness Doctrine,” and threats to take away 2nd Amendment rights (see Eric Holder), etc.

24. Moving the heretofore non-partisan 2010 National Census into the Whitehouse under the direction of Rahm Emanuel.

Whatever one thinks of the results, the process of getting to them should bother all Americans. In the Obama (Mayor Daley) style of governing, it’s not clear that Congress — who can’t possibly process thoughtfully the blizzard of legislation — really serves any useful purpose other than to provide Politburo-style cover. Not only does Congress no longer debate legislation, but Obama has effectively circumvented its oversight of the executive branch by his appointment of czars.

In contrast to the direction Obama is taking us all, the Economist recently pointed out that 53% of all of the jobs created in the U.S. were created in one state last year: Texas (the most free market of all State economies and the “last best hope” for secession). Meanwhile, in California, -- as a perfect preview to “Obama’s America” -- job losses are already well into double digits, the state faces a $25 Billion budget deficit and is closing down services and considering bankruptcy. I cannot predict what will happen to Obama’s popularity, as people wake up to the size and intractability of the deficits he’s promoting, the unavailability of credit for small businesses, or the increased tax rates on energy and payrolls provoking a continuing loss of jobs as small businesses shed employees due to skyrocketing costs.

But, is bad economic news bad for Obama? Sadly, the answer, if one studies the Alinsky formula for bloodless revolution, is “Heck no!” Indeed, high unemployment is necessary for the Obama Redistribution Plan. According to Alinsky, only with high unemployment will people look to the government for help (and then become dependent), allowing government to gain control over the factors of productions. If one considers that the Alinsky manual might be Obama’s “playbook,” one can’t help but evaluate how closely it’s being followed.

Thus, in evaluating Obama’s performance, it’s probably worth noting (for the 6-month record) the key elements of the Alinsky formula. Written in 1971 by Chicago Organizer, Saul Alinsky, under the title of Rules for Radicals, this manual for effective change became Young Barack Obama’s “bible.” David Alinsky, son the author said of our new President: “Barack Obama patterned himself after the Saul Alinsky model in everything he has done since arriving in South Chicago.”

Alinsky clearly stated its purpose: “Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution.”

Note how closely Obama is following the rules for internal revolution, based on Alinsky’s specific instructions:

1. Pursue an “Ideology of Change” (Alinsky’s phrase for the most effective way to market revolution)

2. Target the banks that serve the steel, auto, and other basic industries.

3. Start class warfare -- Fuel the anger of what Alinsky calls the “Have-Nots,” and the “Have-some-but-want-mores” against the “Haves.”

4. Use crises to create fear.

5. Use pollution as a foil to grab power.

6. Set up “jobs programs” to make workers dependent on government.

7. Show supreme self-confidence.

8. Make communication skills your key weapon.

9. Use simple catch phrases and vague slogans (‘Of the Common Wel fare, [Nazi takeover of Germany], ‘Bread and Peace,’ [Bolshevik Revolution]) In this context, it’s not hard to imagine that Change & The Audacity of Hope will one day be seen as the battle cry for the Obama revolution.

10. Use deception…in war the end justifies almost any means.”

11. Remain calm, appealing, likeable while inciting fear, conflict, and defeat.

As these steps are being pursued, the press continues to refer to "the Republican recession," so Obama’s popularity remains high. Any who saw tapes of President Bush warning Congress (on two separate occasions) that the market was headed for disaster unless it instituted the very reforms Barney Frank and Chris Dodd pooh-poohed, may be surprised to see the level of “cover” the press is providing this revolution.

As bleak as things look for free markets, I have hope. Why? Just as Bernie Madoff learned that ponzi schemes eventually come to light — Barack Obama may soon learn that you “can’t fool all of the people all of the time.” It’s unclear to me how much and how long America will have to pay for its experiment with Obamunism — his fantasy “green jobs,” his new taxes, his junk science, his czars, his meddling in the auto and banking industries, his sure-to-be-disastrous Obamacare and the encouragement he’s giving to union bosses, dictators and tyrants the globe over, to say nothing of his "Peace-through-Weakness” foreign policy. But, at some point, reality will take over, as it always does. I just hope America will have its Winston Churchill or Ronald Reagan ready to step into the breach when the time comes.

So far, the nervousness of Blue Dog Democrats and their ability to resist some of the wackier directives has been the only thing that has kept Obama from an outright failing grade, in my view. Perhaps, just as the Gingrich Congress rescued Bill Clinton, it may be these so-called Blue Dogs that rescue Obama. If not, it may be important for the survival of the Union for government to be forever split between the parties.
  • No
    Angel Among Us ♥†♥ American Patriot
    +1
    He hasn't done enough to deserve a nobel peace prize.
  • D'Art 2009/10/13 01:33:30
    D'Art
    +13
    Please give President Obama more awards and degrees that he didn't deserve. This will give him the overconfidence that will gaurantee his failure in 2012
  • TruePat... D'Art 2009/10/13 15:44:58
    TruePatriot
    He's already an epic failure. I suppose his failure could be more expansive by taking down the US. All part of the Alinsky plan, eh?
  • dzynrbob D'Art 2009/10/16 18:13:27
    dzynrbob
    I understand he watched a college football game and commented on it. No doubt, he's now the front runner for the Heisman.
  • divajinx 2009/10/13 00:00:12 (edited)
    divajinx
    Perhaps someday but not this soon into his presidency. The decision was actually made several months ago, only a couple of months after he was sworn in, so that's just too early for any accolades! He's really going to have to earn it now.....
  • ASPEN divajinx 2009/10/13 04:16:31
    ASPEN
    +1
    Actually the decision was made just 12 days after his inaugration.
  • seattleman ASPEN 2009/10/18 17:38:15
    seattleman
    Actually, the decision to award the prize was made fairly recently. The nomination is where the 12 days comes in. He was nominated for it before the deadline for nomination submissions, which was only 12 days after President Obama's inauguration. So, if you are saying that the decision that was made just 12 days after his inauguration was to nominate him for the prize, then you would be right. If, on the other hand, you are saying that the decision that was made just 12 days after his inauguration was to AWARD him the prize, then you would be wrong.
  • liz 2009/10/12 23:41:26
    liz
    Obama has taken the country in a new direction regarding foreign policy. While most Americans have no understanding of our government's impact on other countries, the rest of the world is rejoicing in his accomplishments.

2014/07/29 02:43:22