Should Obama have by-passed Congress to unconstitutionally give amnesty and work permits to 800,000 illegal aliens?

tncdel 2012/06/18 22:05:14
And it isn't the first time he has done something like this, for last year he gave illegals de facto amnesty by issuing an executive order directing Homeland Security and the U.S. Border Patrol to stop deporting illegal aliens, plus he issued 300,000 work permits to illegal aliens. See:

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/warning-obama-issues-ex...

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/is-it-fair-that-obama-i...

Factor in also the fact that Obama has OUTSOURCED millions of jobs to China, Brazil, Finland, etc. Plus also outsourced over 3 million other jobs RIGHT UNDER OUR VERY NOSES by issuing that many work visas to foreigners.

Yes, indeed, Obama has made good his promise to "create jobs." But surely you didn't think he meant that the jobs he would create would go to the over 20 million of our own out-of-work citizens, did you?

Congressman Steve King of Iowa is taking court action to rule Obama's unconstitutional outrage as it is; namely: UNCONSTITUTIONAL. See:

http://godfatherpolitics.com/5726/iowas-congressman-king-chal...

Please ask your own fed reps to join in with Congressman King on that.

• tncdel 2012/06/18 22:08:15
    NO [tell us why not].
    tncdel
    +12
    Obama has just erased all doubts we may have had about him being STUPID. Tell me, what sense does it make to cater to the 30% of the voters who are pro-illegals, while offending the 70% of the voters OPPOSED to illegal aliens?

Obama stupid

• syl 2013/03/05 20:47:14
    NO [tell us why not].
    syl
    +1
    Almost everything he does is Impeachable acts. He disregards our Constitutiion continuously, yet he gets away with it.

Why doesn't SOMEONE in our gov't IMPEACH him? What are they waiting for?
    Nixon got impeached for getting his little toe wet, compared to what Obama is doing.

Congress needs to act while they still can. The country needs to stand up!
    We had to against the British, & our country fought for it's freedom.

Now we see Obama systematically taking away our freedom, giving himself dictator power, & taking away Congress' power to be the checks & balances needed for a democracy.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/10/01 16:32:18
    NO [tell us why not].
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    And the number is closer to 2 million.
  • Tic-Toc 2012/09/26 18:24:25 (edited)
    NO [tell us why not].
    Tic-Toc
    Look at all the Real Citizens that cannot find work and now there will be Millionsmore???
  • NightRyder 2012/09/23 01:50:59 (edited)
    NO [tell us why not].
    NightRyder
    +1
    The Constitution states that ALL bills for laws, on any subject must be presented to the Senate and congress. The same is true on most judicial appoints. That is all I know on the matter, however, I may have some information that might help until this matter is worked out. It involves my My Magic Green Hat.

My Magic Green Hat

The other day I needed to go to the emergency room. Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my MAGIC GREEN HAT. When I went into the E. R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left.

I guess they decided that they weren't that sick after all. Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

It also works at Dept. of Motor Vehicles. It saved me 5 hours.

At the Laundromat, three minutes after entering, I had my choice of any machine, most still running.

If you live in Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona, it might cut your wait time at the grocery store.

But...don't try it at McDonald's. The whole crew ran out the back door and I never got my order!

Here's the hat:

Green hat
  • Claybern 2012/09/08 23:14:07
    NO [tell us why not].
    Claybern
    +2
    I think our leader is a lot off his rocker.
  • miller51550 2012/08/13 15:51:10 (edited)
    NO [tell us why not].
    miller51550
    +1
    Currently the illegal and legal immigrants LIVE better than Citizens of the United States in many location.

Read that again... they live better.

How many people that are Citizens go HUNGRY each day.

Illegals and Legals have more and the same rights as Citizens, the get free food, housing, medical, and EVERY THING ELSE.

They get FREE COLLEGE, and everything thing once they arrive in the United States.

WE MUST CLOSE the borders until we TAKE CARE OF OUR CITIZENS FIRST.

Once we have full employment, everyone has a job, and the NATIONAL DEBT is down to ZERO.

Then we can issue work visas, educational visas and family visas... BUT not until then.

We should be DEPORTING all illegals and all on EXPIRED VISAS... NOT EXCEPTIONS.
  • princes... miller5... 2012/08/20 13:48:06
    princesssong
    +2
    AMEN!!!
  • DuncanONeil 2012/08/12 00:37:56
    NO [tell us why not].
    DuncanONeil
    +1
    So this is the one thing that he has done for you to go after?
  • princes... DuncanO... 2012/08/20 13:49:03
    princesssong
    NO He has done way too many "Against the USA things". People are just getting started!
  • DuncanO... princes... 2012/08/20 23:47:35
    DuncanONeil
    We should have got started four years ago! But it seems people are coming to their senses!
  • princes... DuncanO... 2012/11/05 19:33:12
    princesssong
    yes it is sad it takes them so longggggg to move Duncan! I have been fighting for 4 years. I am sick of the lies, sneakiness, playing stupid, blah blah blah. I have NO respect for that DUDE, and I believe MOST of the Military is with me on that !!! (except for one I hear, so he must be an AFGHAN Friendly that is on base)
  • Flamingolady 2012/08/11 20:32:43
    NO [tell us why not].
    Flamingolady
    +3
    It amazes me that he is not in jail already. Or impeached. Or both. The end has got to be near! This wonderful country is circling the toilet, and with decisions like this being made with no regard for the taxpayers' opinions, this seems like treason to me.
  • Cat 2012/08/11 11:26:23
    NO [tell us why not].
    Cat
    +3
    He should be impeached for how often he ignored the constitution but this spineless congress would never do it.
  • bernie1959 2012/08/02 15:37:35
    YES, Obama should have put the interests of foreign nationals here illegally ...
    bernie1959
    Many of these so called foreign nationals were born here, educated here, they know of only the American way of life. You can't punish someone for their parents illegal actions. Some of these children of illegal aliens are now in college. They have spent 12+ years in the educational system, deporting them would be flushing money down the toilet, as Americans we have invested in these children's future, which affects our future as a country. Read the bill, it wasn't amnesty, the bill said they would not prosecute. Also are you prepared to step in and take over those jobs these people would be leaving empty. Who is going to pick your fruit and vegetables, or wash your dirty toilets?
  • bernie1959 2013/01/19 04:13:27
    +9
    Yet another American hating open border pathological liar:
    1. Anyone born here is a US citizen, not illegal alien.
    2. How is living in your birth country punishment? That's like saying we punishing the 7 billion worldwide by not letting them all sneak into the USA.
    3. Foreign exchange students and workers have no problem adjusting to life in a foreign country, neither would illegal aliens who have lived a few years in the USA, especially since most have relatives in their birth country.
    4. Setting aside the penalty for breaking the law (deportation) is amnesty, the bill is amnesty.
    5. Consider our education investment to be foreign aid, and let Americans have those jobs.
  • CuresCancer 2012/07/25 05:20:25
    NO [tell us why not].
    CuresCancer
    +2
    Obama needs to be perp walked out of the WH. Hardly a week goes by when he doesn't commit another crime.
  • TheR 2012/07/24 00:34:39 (edited)
    TheR
    +1
    Since MF Republicans will not close down Guantanemo and support the right for trials in courts and supporting Justice for all people by working with the President, the President has the right to open the door for hard working immigrants. Why should the President stand in the way of people wanting human rights, when Republicans are mean spirited terrorist racists?
  • miller5... TheR 2012/08/13 16:00:35
    miller51550
    Wow..

I can tell you are an OBAMA LEMMING TO THE SOUL.

Racist to want American Citizens to BE TAKEN CARE OF FIRST.

Racist to not want legal and illegal immigrants to BLEED the Taxpayer dry by taking ADVANTAGE of Social Service Programs that are paid for by Taxpayers AND SHOULD BE USED by American First.

Racist to demand that OBAMA and those on the Hill Take care of the Voters that put them in office.

We should not have NON-CITIZENS ALLOWED TO VOTE for POTUS and the US House and the Senate.

We allow 800,000 LEGAL immigrants per year.. and about 200,000 come here on Work and Education Visas. (BOTH TAKING SLOTS AWAY FROM AMERICAN CITIZENS)

That does not include all the Anchor Babies and illegals that arrive every year.

Until the America Citizen has a job, has an education and is taken care of.. WE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWING IMMIGRANTS in the US or any Scholarships for Foreign Nationals in the US.

National Debt of about 16 Trillion (almost six trillion added by Obama) should be paid off.

All illegal and expired visa should be deported and BILLS sent to the country of ORIGIN.

Charity begins at HOME. And we should be taking care of American Citizen FIRST.
  • TheR miller5... 2012/08/14 00:11:37
    TheR
    What taxpayer? The Rich don't pay taxes. Think they care about American? All they care about is war; even killing fellow Americans, blaming it on terrorists to invade other Foreign Countries who are Oil rich. America has it's Military in more countries in the world, than any other country, and they have guns, War planes, bombs, and missiles and you don't think that is illegal immigration? People coming into the US are poor families, no guns, and working garbage jobs, that Americans refuse to do.

Don't give me that Education pandering. Most College Students are so far in debt by the time they graduate, they look forward to endless slavery working in a bankrupt American Empire. Education should be about how not to get into debt. College is a fraud in the US, and is nothing more than an indoctrination process hoping to get enough brainwashed zombies to prop up their defunct Alice in Wonderland State.
  • miller5... TheR 2012/08/14 16:35:20
    miller51550
    The Rich as you call them DO NOT PAY TAXES because the politicians in Washington have NEVER revised the Income Tax Laws. The hire lawyers and bean counters to take advantage of the tax loopholes that those same SCUM on the hill take advantage of as well.

You like OBAMA and the DemoRATS must want America to become like France. Where the Wealthy get taxed at 75 percent.

You obviously have either been self taught are a PRIME EXAMPLE what college turns out TODAY.

First I have no sympathy for all those College Educated Graduates that are in Debt up to their asses?

How many worked through college, how many received degrees in areas THAT there were no JOBS available when they entered college. How many have PHD'S in Basket Weaving?

I have two Associate Degrees, one BSBA and an MBA. All paid for with scholarships, , MYSELF or the Military.

America needs to be CHANGED to reflect many of the VALUES of our grand parents and forefathers.

To HELL with blaming the Rich and others for YOUR MISTAKES.

Me I am proud to have only worked for four Fortune 100 companies in my lifetime..

While not Wealthy... I DO not depend on handouts by the Taxpayer to live in Retirement.

Vote out OBAMA AND THE CAREER POLITICIANS and then demand CHANGES that BENEFIT ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS FIRST.
  • TheR miller5... 2012/08/14 17:16:35
    TheR
    Great. And what makes you think I like Obama? I have not made any mistakes, like you admit:

The Rich as you call them DO NOT PAY TAXES because the politicians in Washington have NEVER revised the Income Tax Laws. They hire lawyers and bean counters to take advantage of the tax loopholes that those same SCUM on the hill take advantage of as well.

Why should I become a hypocrite like them? You claim you worked for your education, well that means you paid taxes, and you actually supported the scum to keep doing what they were doing, even working for them at your 4 Fortune 100 companies. I always thought it was Fortunes 500 Companies.

The anger is when we have no choices. Because Mitt Romney will make it worse.

No Obama

No Romney
  • miller5... TheR 2012/08/15 06:52:07
    miller51550
    Whatever!

There is ALSO a Fortune 100 LIST!

The Largest/Best Corporations in America.

Look it up.
  • TheR miller5... 2012/08/16 00:52:59
    TheR
    Thanks.
  • princes... TheR 2012/11/05 19:35:46
    princesssong
    You might want to rethink that one TheR. They are not the ones that are mean to you, The Democrats are!!
  • TheR princes... 2012/11/06 12:40:13
    TheR
    +1
    Thanks, but they are both the same. America does not work for me. I am torn from it's constant arguing, and endless hypocrisy. I am a man without a country, literally. I have my own agenda.
  • TheR 2013/01/19 04:14:28
    +6
    You hate Americans so much I think you need to be deported. Denaturalized first if need be.
  • TheR 2013/01/20 03:51:39
    TheR
    So who are you? I left years ago.
  • Arel 2012/07/23 22:25:57
    NO [tell us why not].
    Arel
    +1
    It is a slap in the face to all those who came here legally.
  • bernie1959 Arel 2012/08/02 15:43:45
    bernie1959
    +1
    Really? How did your ancestors get to America? I don't remember reading in the history books anyone asking the American Indians permission to settle here. Our ancestors were once illegal aliens. If you aren't an American Indian then your ancestors were illegal aliens! It is just that simple.
  • Arel bernie1959 2012/08/02 22:55:56
    Arel
    +1
    American Indians were not the first to settle in America either they either wiped out the Paleoamericans or inner bred with them.
  • miller5... bernie1959 2012/08/13 16:03:56
    miller51550
    +1
    Too different times in America. Take a look at the Census reports of IMMIGRANTS up until the advent of Aviation.

We have more legal and illegal immigrant come in in a Week THAN CAME OVER with the Pilgrims. More in a year than in the entire country in 1776?

We should have a statistical adjustment based on the population in 1776. Adjusted for the time today.
  • bernie1959 2013/01/19 04:50:39
    +13
    Either walked across from Asia or legally immigrated. You need to read those books again, permission was asked and granted.
  • Stix 2012/07/23 19:17:10
    NO [tell us why not].
    Stix
    +2
    Our president doesn't give a hoot about our Constitution or the working class of America...
  • bernie1959 Stix 2012/08/02 16:22:08
    bernie1959
    +2
    Actually he does! Tell me how many more times does he need to present the Jobs Act to Congress? And you already know the Republicans will vote No, interestingly many haven't even the bill.
  • Stix bernie1959 2012/08/02 21:32:42
    Stix
    +2
    The jobs act is a joke...another stimulas package for unions and government employees....it didn't work the first time...why would anyone think it would work the second time...it is nothing more then throwing good money after bad to take care of Obama's voters.
  • Paul 2012/07/23 17:51:00
    NO [tell us why not].
    Paul
    +2
    Like many questions on SH, answering yes is very leading. What's in America's best interest? I don't think it is in our best interest concentrating efforts deporting all of these young people. I don't believe many opponents even understand exactly has been done. Hardly a new issue, Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 is worth noting for the sake of all the loyal republicans on SH.

I think the issue is very different from State to State, it is certainly not the same issue here in MN as it is in AZ, or even where I used to live in IL close to Chicago.

The problem with what Obama did isn't so much about the pros and cons of letting these young Hispanics stay here legally, but for the President of the US to exercise his power saying what laws his administration will or will not prosecute is dangerous ground in my mind.
    The fact that Congress won't act, refuse to act based more for political reason is very bothersome also, but what Obama did in response seems to me dangerous, and maybe irresponsible use of his executive power.
  • Paul Paul 2012/07/23 18:10:20
    Paul
    +1
    I should have added about whether or not it is Constitutional, Obama and his administration is most definitely not a bunch of "morons" as depicted in the stupid cartoon at the top of the page as "top opinion." Obama and his admin are certainly aware what the Constitution provides for and how to use it in their favor, more so than almost anybody on SH. Whether right or wrong or if any of you agree with him, the President is exorcising his Presidential powers given to him by the constitution.
    The only morons are the ones screaming "unconstitutional."

The whole issue of "Obamacare" and the SC deciding in favor of, that should have been a lesson to conservatives and republicans, just because they don't like something with a more liberal agenda doesn't make it "unconstitutional."
  • princes... Paul 2012/11/05 19:43:06
    princesssong
    and for OBAMACARE we will pay 50% of our wages to pay for it!! that should go over well. That is what happens in Europe.
  • Diana 2012/07/23 16:41:02
    NO [tell us why not].
    Diana
    +1
    I guess he needs votes for the election.I hear he is falling behind.Any way this is just one of the reasons,I can't stomach him.He's a sneak.
  • Paul Diana 2012/07/23 18:14:53
    Paul
    +2
    Polls indicate a close race, and that has been consistent.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/15...

2014/12/19 22:41:46