Should Mumbarak be executed?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2011/05/05 13:34:38
Egypt's new Justice Minister Mohamed Abdelaziz al-Juindy says that Mumbarak may be facing execution for complicity in the killing of martyrs and issuing the orders for premeditated the killing of those people. This crime carries the death penalty.

In his first Television appearance since taking office, the new Justice Minister had this to say: "
If the crime is proven, then the court will not hesitate to issue the death sentence."

Mumbarak's heath has been in trouble. He has a condition known as Atrial Fibrillation, which causes some irregularities in rhythm and may cause sudden drops in pressure and pulse. However the Justice minister says that from reports that he has, Mumbarak is in reasonably good health and will stand trial regardless.

Mumbarak will be expected to be in court, and the Justice minister says that his appearance will be mandatory. However, if for a medical reason Mumbarak is unable to attend, because of his health, then the prosecutor will come to him in the hospital allowing him to put forth his case while in the hospital.

The defense minister had this to say about Mumbarak,
"The law is respected in Egypt and is applied on everyone without any exception," he said. "This is very important because Egypt now has become a country were the law is sovereign."

So Should he be given the death penalty or allowed to vanish?

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/05/04/egypt.mu...

• Matt 2011/05/06 21:27:23
    He should be executed
    Matt
    +1
    It is not our call to make. After decades of empowering, arming, and paying him billions of dollars not to invade Israel, It would be highly hypocritical of us to call for his death now. He didn't turn bad overnight.
  • Ldude893 2011/05/06 00:48:09
    He should be allowed to retire and vanish
    Ldude893
    +2
    Actually, I want Mubarak to be imprisoned for at least a long time. Allowing him to go off to exile is too lenient while executing him would be a contradiction to the democracy that the Egyptian people are trying to build.
  • RockyMtGirl BN 2011/05/06 00:26:41
    He should be executed
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +2
    Always keep your enemies close; where you can see them and know what they're up to! When this can't be done, then I've always felt it's warranted to utilize our Intelligence department's covert ops people; that's what they're there for, and irradicate all the bad guys who would do us harm!
    (Wow!, I sound like a real "Bad A$$"; Bruce Willis would be impressed!) LOL
  • micheleT BN-O 2011/05/05 16:30:52
    micheleT BN-O
    +1
    An execution would bring more terrorists to try to harm the U.S.
  • MBSVirginia BN-2 2011/05/05 16:05:34
    MBSVirginia BN-2
    +1
    At least he had the decency to step down, look at all of the other regimes now being confronted by their people. Let him retire and go away.
  • Wayne 2011/05/05 15:57:42
    Wayne
    +1
    Absolutely NOT!
  • StupidGreedyRightWingButtKi... 2011/05/05 15:54:33
    He should be executed
    StupidGreedyRightWingButtKisser
    +2
    He should be executed, if he's a murderer, or given life in prison..
  • JosephJohnson 2011/05/05 13:49:21
    JosephJohnson
    +1
    Egyptians wanted a democracy, they should vote then and see. I don't know enough of the details to say whether or not someone should die...
  • wombat 2011/05/05 13:36:00
    wombat
    Whats going on in your head???
  • Assassi... wombat 2011/05/05 13:45:16
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    What do you mean?
  • wombat Assassi... 2011/05/05 13:48:20
    wombat
    Mubarak is just one fat billionaire like any other. How many of them do you plan to kill??
    I just think they should be put to work, but killing??
  • Assassi... wombat 2011/05/05 14:01:21
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    ME? What are you ranting about? I never even expressed an opinion on my personal beliefs. I was only reporting what the article said, and wondering what Sodaheads opinion was. Why do you think that reporting what the news is represents my personal opinion. I thought it was an interesting story. Please keep your personal attacks off my poll. I have never killed anyone period. Nor planned to kill anyone.
  • wombat Assassi... 2011/05/05 14:05:26
    wombat
    Well the question on this poll is suggesting execution so it looks like kill to me.
  • Assassi... wombat 2011/05/05 14:07:19
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Did you read the SHOULD part? That means what do you think. It does not say : I think Mumbarak should be executed. It asks a question. Do not ever presume to know what I think, based on reporting the news. Sodahead is a news site. I have enjoyed some of your commentary but making assumptions about a persons personal beliefs based on a question soliciting opinions is silly.
  • wombat Assassi... 2011/05/05 14:11:58 (edited)
    wombat
    +2
    Good lets just agree on that.
    I wouldn't execute anyone in general but take the assets (all assets) from them and build and supply schools world wide with it, supporting a no kid left behind policy. .....and I am talking about all billionaires.
  • RockyMt... Assassi... 2011/05/06 00:28:32
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +1
    Great Poll, Assassin! We can't all have opinions that will appease the majority - no biggy!
  • Assassi... RockyMt... 2011/05/06 21:36:02
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    I know....I just don't get why people assume asking a question means that I am for it or against it. You know how I post...if I want to express an opinion, I do so...LOL

2014/10/25 19:48:18