Should Mitt Romney Release His Tax Returns?

AdriHead 2012/08/03 23:24:12
Harry Reid, the Democratic Senate Majority Leader, has made it very clear that he has a "reputable source" telling him that Mitt Romney has not paid taxes for a time period of about ten years -- and that he wants the Republican presidential candidate to prove with tax returns that he has. Do you think all this tax-return talk is integral to the election -- or is it just a distraction?

NYDAILYNEWS.COM reports:
Mitt Romney strongly denied Sen. Harry Reid's repeated, insistent claims that he did not pay taxes for a decade during a press conference in the Senate Majority Leader's home state of Nevada on Friday. "I have paid taxes every year, and a lot of taxes, so Harry is wrong," Romney said.
home nevada friday paid taxes year taxes harry wrong romney

Read More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election-2012/mitt...

• Soundstorm Dave 2012/09/12 20:40:48
    Soundstorm
    Gremlins was just a 1980's movie. Is that how far you're looking?
  • John Wa... Dave 2012/08/10 18:12:09 (edited)
    John Walker II
    +2
    Those who look for a 'real' birth cert, are not looking for truth, they're looking for validation of their own opinions when one has been provided, vouched for 10 times over by the state of Hawaii, and proven to be legitimate.

Birthers don't care, they want to see a birth cert that isn't US to wave around as a war banner.

I'm just glad to see that those fanatics are going to remain disappointed.

Note, I said Birthers, not Republicans. Big difference there.
  • Soundstorm John Wa... 2012/08/10 23:02:59
    Soundstorm
    Nobody's more disappointed than the voters who bought all the Obama hype four years ago. I'll bet even they have plenty of questions about their shining leader now.
  • John Wa... Soundstorm 2012/08/12 03:33:07
    John Walker II
    And.. how does that relate to the birther comments I made, or the original question?

Your logic made a jump there and I'm not sure I'm following you...
  • Soundstorm John Wa... 2012/08/12 11:17:42
    Soundstorm
    I don't care if you're not following me. And I don't care about Obama's top secret birth records. We're stuck with a deceitful and inept president who must be removed from office and that's all that matters.
  • John Wa... Soundstorm 2012/08/13 17:20:27
    John Walker II
    Yea.... ah, let me know how that works for you.
  • Soundstorm Soundstorm 2012/08/13 23:58:33
    Soundstorm
    Not working too well for John Walker II if he has to block my reply.
  • Dave John Wa... 2012/08/11 06:12:23
    Dave
    I'll sum it up better -- they are idiots. There hasn't been a republican since Barry Goldwater - these are Republicons.
  • Soundstorm Dave 2012/08/12 11:33:09
    Soundstorm
    You're as clever as an annoying 3 year old who just learned a new word.
  • Dave Soundstorm 2012/08/16 06:44:36
    Dave
    And you are just a fly that I swat away.
  • Soundstorm Dave 2012/08/20 04:55:00
    Soundstorm
    Ever hear the story about the little tailor who boasted that he killed seven with one blow? I have a bug zapper.
  • Dave John Wa... 2012/08/11 06:14:22
    Dave
    lol I'll say it - they are idiots! There hasn't been a republican since Barry Goldwater. What we have now are Republicons.
  • Muhamma... Maddog 2012/08/10 06:28:00
    Muhammad Abdulkarim
    +3
    What? I really hope that's not a airplane your in! Their are no sealed records, It's not hard to be born in America, people do it everyday. Even morons like you LOL
  • Maddog Muhamma... 2012/08/10 13:54:32 (edited)
    Maddog
    +1
    Yes, that's an airplane and it's on a strafing run straight for your house, you filthy Muslim! I'm a moron? LOL! What could be more moronic than spending half the day with your ass in the air, in supplication to your despicable imaginary deity? By the way, I love the Qur'an. I keep a copy in my bathroom, in case I run out of toilet paper.
  • Muhamma... Maddog 2012/08/17 00:36:36
    Muhammad Abdulkarim
    Wow, Being I was born Black in New York do you really think your Junior High insult would affect me? Your statement proves my point. Would Pat Buccanon or Robert Novak responded like that. " Qur'an in the bathroom" that is such an old diss. How old are you? Now, when I used be bussed to a white neighborhood to go to high school these guys knew how to insult! You my friend are an amateur. Study Mormonism or Palin and learn to do it right.
  • WOODMAN34 Muhamma... 2012/08/10 14:18:15
    WOODMAN34
    +1
    Occidental College records-SEALED
    Columbia College records-SEALED
    Columbia Thesis Paper-SEALED
    Harvard College trecords-SEALED
    Selective Service records-SEALED
    Medical reords-SEALED
    Baptism record-SEALED
    Illinois state senate schedule-SEALED
    Illinois state senate records-SEALED
    Certified Copy of original birth certificate-SEALED
  • Lee WOODMAN34 2012/08/10 15:42:07 (edited)
    Lee
    LIAR

None of Obama's records are sealed.

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/...

Why do you Right Wing Trash lie so much anyway?

Practically everything you idiots say is a lie.

This poll is about Romney.

Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax records if he has nothing to hide?

It's too bad the Republicans couldn't find an honorable Presidential Candidate.
  • John Wa... WOODMAN34 2012/08/10 18:33:30
    John Walker II
    +1
    Sorry.. not sealed.

Due to policies most colleges will not release transcripts just on a whim as per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to give any former student’s records to reporters or members of the public without that person’s specific, written permission.(Why he hadn't? Dunno.. I be kinda interested too, though that's outweighed by the fact he's already been in that seat for 4 years)

His thesis paper was not a graduation requirement, so a record was not kept nor as he claims does he have one.

Selective service record:
    http://wiki.birtherdebunkers....

Medical records... his doctor had declared him fit. What more do you need to know from that? (not asked out of sarcasm, but an honest need to know...)

Illinois State senate records...
    http://www.nytimes.com/imagep...
    If the NYTimes can get a hold of them, then I wonder if anyone's seriously looked before making this accusation. and senate records are always publically available, though sometimes you have to make a written request to see them.

Copy of his birth certificate, http://urbanlegends.about.com...

Considering that I can see how at least 50% of what you've posted is false.. or a rehash of a 4 year old lie, and the rest is explainable... yea.

I've no confidence in your claim here woodman. Sorry.
    Sorry.. not sealed.

Selective service record:
    http://wiki.birtherdebunkers....

Illinois State senate records...
    http://www.nytimes.com/imagep...

• Lee John Wa... 2012/08/11 00:35:03
    Lee
    Yep. Right Wingers Lie a LOT.
  • John Wa... Lee 2012/08/12 03:29:12
    John Walker II
    +1
    Yea.... it sounds like you want validation of own own opinion, not of the truth.

Good luck with that.
  • Lee John Wa... 2012/08/12 16:42:46
    Lee
    I'm fine with the truth.
  • Titanium X 2012/08/08 16:23:30 (edited)
    Yes, the American people want to know!
    Titanium X
    +1
    Fair is fair. He's a hypocrite but aren't they all.
  • Soundstorm Titanium X 2012/08/09 04:03:00
    Soundstorm
    +1
    You've done nothing wrong on your taxes, have you? So you better fully disclose them or you'll be under suspicion for criminal activity.
    That's not how our legal system works.
  • susie Soundstorm 2012/08/09 21:35:34
    susie
    But I am not running for President, I'm not asking people to vote for me. Who is he that we are supposed to just take his word. I don't trust him not one little bit.
  • Soundstorm susie 2012/08/10 08:33:04
    Soundstorm
    He is a citizen running for highest office and nowhere does it say in the Constitution that he's required to forfeit his 4th amendment rights as a condition of public office.
    And as I've stated previously neither is Obama legally obligated to disclose his birth or college records. But his unprecedented secrecy over them is still political fair game.
  • Lee Soundstorm 2012/08/10 15:44:59 (edited)
    Lee
    Releasing tax records is customary now for Presidential candidates.

Obama released 12 years worth, but your fearful leader is Terrified to release more than two years of his.
  • Soundstorm Lee 2012/08/10 23:19:09
    Soundstorm
    Obama's tax records are meaningless since he's primarily been employed in the government most of his life. Romney's is a massive volume of investments and legal loopholes that would take years way past this election to work out before anything wrong is found. Reid's demand for disclosure is just desperate demagoguery. Would you happen to know of anybody on the Democrat side advocating a simplifying of the tax code? I didn't think so.
  • Lee Soundstorm 2012/08/11 00:37:54 (edited)
    Lee
    Obama's tax records are just as meaningful as everyone else's.

And Romney is terrified of releasing his.

I don't know of anyone who does NOT want a simplified tax code, do you?

And what does that have to do with the FACT that your fearful leader is to scared to release his tax records?
  • Soundstorm Lee 2012/08/12 11:22:32
    Soundstorm
    Obama and Harry Reid are terrified of facing up to the the degradation of this country they're responsible for. And Mitt Romney's tax records are an irrelevant issue they're grasping for. But the voters don't care. Romney has no obligation to disclose anything.
  • Lee Soundstorm 2012/08/12 16:48:03 (edited)
    Lee
    The "degradation of this country" happened as a direct result of Right Wing malfeasance.

Obama wasn't President when GW's Great Recession began.

However, Obama was President when GW's Great Recession ended.

. . . And thank God he was President . . . And not Romney, the Right Wing idologue.

. . .Or this nation would be mired in the depths of a Great Depression.
  • Soundstorm Lee 2012/08/12 21:09:06
    Soundstorm
    Newsflash for the economically illiterate. Recessions always end on their own. But Obama has succeeded in beating down our recovery to 1.5% of GDP. Like watering your lawn with a trickle from your hose.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi controlled Congress for the last two years of the Bush presidency and the first two of Obama's. Of Course Harry Reid's still there and he has obstructed every Republican jobs bill and failed to draw up a budget for the last three years.

Malfeasance is Obama's game. Every election he won in Illinois was a result of his lawyers using their connections to unseal his opponents' divorce records right before election day and getting the Chicago Tribune to make them front page news. He's trying to play the same game with Romney's tax records because his own track record in office is indefensible. Only his loyal sycophants in the media aren't calling our current economy a depression.
  • Muhamma... Soundstorm 2012/08/10 06:35:50
    Muhammad Abdulkarim
    +1
    Joe Six Pack is not trying to have access to nuclear weapons ether.. Even with his Magic underwear. No one thinks he committed a crime. He (allegedly) just legally didn't pay any taxes. and that not a good look for a presidential candidate.
  • Soundstorm Muhamma... 2012/08/10 08:40:16 (edited)
    Soundstorm
    What's wrong with legally not paying taxes on income you've earned? You should be more concerned with how bad it looks for the many ways government throws everybody's hard earned tax dollars down a bottomless pit of waste and always demands more rather than obsess over one man's finances.

And what does 'Joe Six Pack' and 'magic underwear' have to do with anything? Do you think being vicious and disrespectful makes you look clever?
  • Titanium X Soundstorm 2012/08/10 16:50:11
    Titanium X
    Everyone is at risk for being audited if the IRS deems it's necessary regardless of who you are or what you are and like the lady said below me, "But I am not running for President" and as I say, he's hoping to take on a vital role so therefore, so hiding anything at all gives way to suspicion among the people of the United States. Not a good way to start off, wouldn't you say? Not a great way to get votes either.

I'm wise enough to know there's no honesty among any of them so I just don't expect it.
  • Soundstorm Titanium X 2012/08/10 23:12:16
    Soundstorm
    Not disclosing his tax records is not the same as hiding them. But running a reelection campaign on the basis of trumped up suspicion over something that might be wrong with someone's finances is a telling sign to everybody that YOU are the one with things to hide. And most people have already known for years that Obama's hiding many things.
  • lucky 2012/08/08 15:26:45
    Yes, the American people want to know!
    lucky
    +1
    Cant stand H Reid but our tax burden is a big part of this election and Obama has made it a point to support class warfare based on who is and isnt paying taxes so unless Romney wants it to appear that Obama is right he needs to dish his tax returns out and put the whole issue to rest unless that is he does have something to hide.
  • Titanium X lucky 2012/08/08 16:26:08
    Titanium X
    +2
    That's an impressive and intelligent angle with stating your comment.
  • Soundstorm lucky 2012/08/09 04:07:04
    Soundstorm
    +2
    The burden of proof is on Obama and Harry Reid. Mitt Romney doesn't have to disclose anything. And just in case everybody's forgotten, this election is a referendum on the presidency of Barack Obama and the Senate leadership of Harry Reid.
  • Dave Soundstorm 2012/08/09 22:34:52
    Dave
    Why is it up to Obama or Reid to prove anything about Mitten's character.
  • Soundstorm Dave 2012/08/10 08:42:10
    Soundstorm
    Because it's their jobs that are on the line and they have many things to answer for that have affected millions of lives.

2014/07/22 23:37:27