Should Mitt Romney be running for President while his wife Ann Romney is suffering with flair-ups of multiple sclerosis?

bob 2012/08/17 20:33:43
A real man would not put his wife through stress while she is having flair-ups of multiple sclerosis
Ann Romney revealed on Thursday that she had a flare-up of her multiple sclerosis that gave her a “real scare” and offered her “a reminder that I can’t keep up the pace.”
Mitt Romney should not be running for President while his wife Ann Romney is suffering with flair-ups of multiple sclerosis
Mitt Romney should be running for President while his wife Ann Romney is suffering with flair-ups of multiple sclerosis
Mitt Romney will not be able to hid behind Ann Romney skirt concerning his taxes, the Republican War on Women and destroying Medicare

• bmxschoolbus 2012/08/17 20:58:27
    bmxschoolbus
    +9
    the question should be should Idiots like Bob be allowed to put questions on sodahead?

• Ekua 2012/08/21 14:34:35
    Ekua
    +1
    Mitt should not be running for president of the U.S. in any case. He's a money-monger.
  • Mike Miller 2012/08/20 13:40:43
    Mike Miller
    The decision about if someone runs or not when their spouse is ill depends 100% on their own private decision. None of us out here, nor the media, should try to decide what is best for them. It is their choice not anyone else's. While I am not a Mitt supporter I do support his ultimate decision one way or the other.
  • Mark Twain 2012/08/20 02:40:06
    Mark Twain
    Boob,,Are you related to Joe Biden?
  • RS 2012/08/20 00:49:34
    RS
    +1
    Should FDR have run for President when he could not walk?
    Kennady had Addison's disese!
    Should not the family make that choice?
  • betz 2012/08/20 00:15:44
    betz
    +1
    His wife's MS is under control. As a wonderful wife I am sure she has done nothing but encourage him to run. She knows the importance of getting this country back on track.

Should you be spending so much time on SH when your wife is constantly in the kitchen, cleaning toilets and helping the kids with their homework? LOL
  • Just me ♥ 2012/08/19 23:09:09
    Just me ♥
    +2
    I have MS and let me be the first to tell you that MS flare ups happen whenever they want without regards for anything. The heat wave has been hell for me this year, but I wouldn't expect (or want) for my family to rearrange their lives around my flare ups.
  • betz Just me ♥ 2012/08/20 00:16:56
    betz
    +2
    My dear friend also suffers from MS. She despises the heat. She wears flip flops all winter long as her feet are always hot.
  • JonDeniro 2012/08/19 21:39:30
    JonDeniro
    +1
    As much as I despise Romney...his wife's health is irrelevant to his qualifications.
  • jere.chievres 2012/08/19 19:40:49
    jere.chievres
    +1
    If she is O.K. with it no one else should B*tch about it.
    +1
    Mrs Romney thinks so and is actively part of the campaign - I will bow to her thoughts not some left wing slime ball who could care less if she dropped dead tomorrow
  • angelbaby 2012/08/19 18:18:31
    angelbaby
    +1
    Bob obviously needs to GTFU..
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/08/19 18:06:43
  • Pat 2012/08/19 16:54:53
    +2
    The decision as to whether his wife's medical condition should affect Romney's decision to run for office is between him and his wife. Personally I can think of many, many more reason why he should not be running but they have to do with his character and his policies, not his wife's health.
  • handimom 2012/08/19 05:29:15
    handimom
    +3
    I have MS so I feel like I can say this; his life and career being stopped/put on hold because of her MS would ruin her life and allow MS to make her a "victim" of this nasty disease.
  • gingin6 2012/08/19 01:08:33
    gingin6
    +2
    If he were president, he would have to battle both. Any job he has, he will have to deal with her problems. I don't see why it would matter in an election be any different. Can't he still help her while he's running?
  • topcat128 2012/08/18 23:50:39
    topcat128
    +3
    Another post that proves my point "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"
  • TrudyGirl 2012/08/18 22:52:18
    A real man would not put his wife through stress while she is having flair-up...
    TrudyGirl
    +1
    I have MS and I can tell you that this kind of stress will take her down. He is a creep interested only in his agenda.
  • Jackie ... TrudyGirl 2012/08/19 19:13:45
    +1
  • TrudyGirl Jackie ... 2012/08/19 22:12:34
    TrudyGirl
    Because she is a woman who supports her husband who does not care what it does to her. If he was any kind of man he would not allow her to be part of the campaign and people would respect him more for doing so. It is, however, fine for him to do it because it is a perfect example of what he is.
  • Jackie ... TrudyGirl 2012/08/20 00:08:13
    +1
    Shame on you - there is absolutely no evidence of your statements; in fact all evidence shows the exact opposite. They are very close and, according to their family and friends, very much in love. He does not rule her as you would wish, she is his life partner.
  • betz Jackie ... 2012/08/20 00:20:15
    betz
    +1
    She's blowing hot air. Personally I think she's jealous of Ann. :)
  • Jackie ... betz 2012/08/20 00:23:35
    +1
    Well it is the silly season (to quote a political pundit) and the viciousness of the left no longer surprises me. You may be correct; it is a terrible disease and some rise above it and greet the world the way Mrs Romney does or Neil Cavoto (sp) - positive and kind while fighting the good fight. People worth knowing I think.
  • TrudyGirl betz 2012/08/20 16:51:54
    TrudyGirl
    Fools..I have MS for over 30 years and I have defied the odds repeatedly. This woman needs to take a back seat here and let him have the thing if he wants it but not be involved. Every time I take on too much stress it takes me down. They will put her on steroids to try to keep her going,,they did that with me..I was raising children by myself, working every day. Too many steroids and it crashed my pancreas..so now I pump insulin every day. You cannot do these things or your body will pay a dear price as mine has. I repeat she is throwing herself on the alter of Mitt because she loves him. It will hurt her.
  • betz TrudyGirl 2012/08/20 21:01:11
    betz
    +1
    And we certainly do much for love don't we? I applaud her. She knows when she's had enough. Since you are afflicted with this dreadful disease certainly you know each person is different. It is my hope she will be just fine.
  • TrudyGirl betz 2012/08/21 01:20:46
    TrudyGirl
    It is everyone's hope that she or anyone with MS is alright. It is a wicked disease and goes after every part of your body. Women often do way too much for those they love. There is little chance though that the stress of campaigning; if he should win the stress of being constantly in the eye of the world is enough hurt her because it could hurt a healthy person. Just look at the way a president ages while he is in the the job. You are literally taking on the weight of the USA and the rest of the world is watching while you fall apart.
  • betz TrudyGirl 2012/08/20 00:19:38
    betz
    Well my dear TG...I'm guessing you've talked to the furture president about this? Get real.
  • betz TrudyGirl 2012/08/20 00:18:49
    betz
    +1
    What a hateful comment. You don't think that the Governor and future president and his wife have talked this over and have come to the consensus that having him run will save this nation from destruction?
  • mneiai 2012/08/18 22:41:05
    Mitt Romney should not be running for President while his wife Ann Romney is ...
    mneiai
    +2
    My BIL has MS and I think it's horrible that someone would knowingly put someone with MS into a highly stressful environment. And that's not going to change when the campaign is over, the First Lady is actually supposed to do things and is under a lot of political and media pressure.
  • Jackie ... mneiai 2012/08/19 19:14:04
    +1
  • TrudyGirl Jackie ... 2012/08/19 22:17:00
    TrudyGirl
    no she doesn't anybody with MS knows not to be under high stress and she is looking at a minimum of 4 years of almost unbearable stress for anyone, If you have it you know what sets it off and what it is doing to you. She is sacrificing herself on the alter of Mitt. Very sad..been there, done that and I managed to get out with my life but she won't make it as an active first lady. You are a fool who obviously have never had any experience with chronic debilitating disease.
  • Jackie ... TrudyGirl 2012/08/20 00:12:49
    +1

On opinion sites one finds petty, small and mean spirited people and unfortunately they are here on Soda Head. One can notice them because they tend to attack anyone who has an opinion different from theirs. But you go ahead and, if it makes you happy, continue to do it - goodness knows, it is apparent that your unhappiness has spilled over into your comments. Have a good evening
  • betz TrudyGirl 2012/08/20 00:21:40
    betz
    Been there...done that? Did your husband run for president? Are you Roselyn Carter in disguise? You litte liberal trickster. LMAO agin.
  • TrudyGirl mneiai 2012/08/20 16:55:50
    TrudyGirl
    Thank you. It is a horrible disease and it can only be controlled with good meds and being careful how much you take on. I would not want the job of first lady as a healthy person..I have fought it for over 30 years so I guess the jackals and hyenas think I know from nothing about this destructive disease. It is a horrible diagnosis and has consequences for the rest of your life. I have defied the odds because I had to and now my body is paying for it.
  • DreamSpeaker 2012/08/18 21:32:35
    DreamSpeaker
    +3
    Romney gives very little attention to his ailing wife and that is the same kind of attention he will give to an ailing country or the people in it, so long as he can "save money".
  • betz DreamSp... 2012/08/20 00:22:38
    betz
    +1
    Holy crap somebody's got to save this country's money. Lord knows this prez hasn't saved a derned thing.
  • DreamSp... betz 2012/08/20 14:27:41
    DreamSpeaker
    You need to do more research.
  • betz DreamSp... 2012/08/20 21:01:50
    betz
    +1
    OMG.....whenever I do research I become more and more frightened. but thanks for the suggestion.
  • Quazimoto 2012/08/18 19:44:53
    Mitt Romney should be running for President while his wife Ann Romney is suff...
    Quazimoto
    +3
    My sister has MS and this is part of the illness. People need to educate themselves about MS before they write stupid questions about it on SH.
  • SiliconSorcerer 2012/08/18 17:13:09
    SiliconSorcerer
    +3
    What another dumb ass question, I'm sure she knows what she can and can't do and also doesn't want to sit around feeling sorry for herself.
  • Jean 2012/08/18 16:20:46
    Jean
    +2
    I'm sure that the Romneys discussed Ms. Romney's health situation before he chose to run for president. And bob, did you ask whether John Edwards should be running for president when his wife was DYING OF CANCER? Libs are congenitally dishonest, both intellectually and morally, and they display it fully every time they speak.

2014/07/30 21:33:42