Should marijuana be legalized? Why or why not?

ROLMAO 2012/05/20 22:34:24
Related Topics: Marijuana

• tuskbaby 2012/07/13 22:24:53
    Yes, Why?
    tuskbaby
    Natural medicine. Remove the pharmacy complex.
    Tax revenue.
    Jobs.
    Quality of life.
    Hemp, most useful plant. Save trees and oil.
  • Gothpirate 2012/06/11 14:20:34
    Yes, Why?
    Gothpirate
    Its no worse then alcohol and people should be free to make their own choices with a substance that isn't deadly
  • yvee l'unico 2012/05/29 01:09:45
    No, Why?
    yvee l'unico
    yall ignorant lmao.
  • Swan Eshdeh 2012/05/24 18:06:53
    No, Why?
    Swan Eshdeh
    marijuana and legal don't come together!
  • PaulBot415 2012/05/24 00:37:59
    Yes, Why?
    PaulBot415
    +1
    If alcohol and cigarrettes are legal, then Marijuana should be legal as well. I think the strategy of California, which uses private dispensaries is a good system to tax the Marijuana that is sold and make some money back for the country. Many more deaths and tragedies are caused by alcohol, for instance drunk driving accidents kill roughly 3000 people a year now. Cigarettes as well are much more dangerous when it comes to cases of lung cancer. 80% of cases of lung cancer in our country are now associated with smoking cigarettes, Marijuana has not yet been proven to cause lung cancer. Not too mention, there are many more ways to safely use your Marijuana such as vaporizers or edible marijuana and even topical marijuana is now available to medical patients.

Marijuana is taxable medicine, just like alcohol and cigarettes are allowed to be legal in order for large corporations to make money, we could allow legal Marijuana in order to make the country some money and narrow the National Debt. I think it is infinitely stupid and incompetent what our current President is doing as far as legal marijuana federal legislation. He needs to choose his battles, first off, but secondly he is missing out on very valuable profit. Whether we like it or not, money makes the world go 'rou...

Marijuana is taxable medicine, just like alcohol and cigarettes are allowed to be legal in order for large corporations to make money, we could allow legal Marijuana in order to make the country some money and narrow the National Debt. I think it is infinitely stupid and incompetent what our current President is doing as far as legal marijuana federal legislation. He needs to choose his battles, first off, but secondly he is missing out on very valuable profit. Whether we like it or not, money makes the world go 'round and the USA needs to stay a world power or we will begin the slow decline towards the third world, which will take decades, but will inevitably happen. The 99 percent will suffer and a very select few will not, legal marijuana could be a helpful and safe solution. Its is not a drug, it is medicine.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Freak 2012/05/23 19:25:58
    Fullmetal Alchemist Freak
    In a way, yes. It would minimize the amount of people coming into jail with drug charges.
    On the other hand, no, because the amount of marijuana is already causing problems as it is. Personally, I say the Death Penalty should come back so we can make room for the ones who choose to make drugs a problem.
  • guitar kid 2012/05/23 01:33:13
    No, Why?
    guitar kid
    +1
    It has no immediate effects but from personal experience I know it changes personalities drastically and changes ways of thinking. People say it's not physically addictive but it is very much mentally addictive. If anyone has noticed, everybody who says it's "not addictive" are stoners who smoke every day.
  • tuskbaby guitar kid 2012/07/13 22:28:49
    tuskbaby
    I'd call it habit forming. Like having a drink after work. It has changed my way of thinking drastically, but not single handedly. It definitely opened windows of perception and also lets me come to term with my emotions (not by running away from them, but from deeply thinking about them even when I wasn't high). I have a deeper and more personal understanding of who I am, and it has helped.
    That's not to say it can't be abused. So many people just get wrapped in the 'high' instead of the realizations.
  • vis_viva 2012/05/23 01:28:56
    Yes, Why?
    vis_viva
    Seriously alcohol and tobacco are illegal and pot isn't? That's just an insanely arbitrary place to draw the line.
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2012/05/22 16:07:44
    Yes, Why?
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
  • beach bum 2012/05/22 05:07:50
    Yes, Why?
    beach bum
    +1
    cause it makes me feel soooooooooooo good
  • diaphramable 2012/05/22 00:41:33
    Yes, Why?
    diaphramable
    i see no reason to why it should remain illegal,
    alcohol is legal, so why not marijuana?
  • wolf sloan 2012/05/22 00:27:52
    Yes, Why?
    wolf sloan
    +2
    It has many industrial and medical applications. Laws against it aren't working.
  • CAPISCE wolf sloan 2012/05/23 14:02:36
    CAPISCE
    +1
    Mickey Mantle?
  • wolf sloan CAPISCE 2012/05/23 18:21:12
    wolf sloan
    +1
    My dad's favorite player
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/05/21 21:45:32
    ✞Knight of Honor
    It's not much different that alcohol. As long as alcohol is legal, marijuana should be.
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/05/21 21:25:01
  • ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥ 2012/05/21 20:33:55
    Yes, Why?
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    +3
    dang potheads ... u realize the same question keeps getting asked .. bc they forget the answers
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 09:02:22
    Guido
    +2
    what was....sure...cheese puffs would be great....
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 12:10:53
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 12:27:45
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 12:37:04
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 12:44:32
    Guido
    +1
    Nice Band....
    111
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 13:15:18
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    +1
    thanks,
    omg!!!!!!!!!!!! nice pic .... i bet it's afgan kush!!
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 13:25:33
    Guido
    +1
    Good Call ....very impressive. Most stoners can only identify it by it's slightly less green tent than Kuwaiti Kwaoi...but you set the bar pretty high
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 13:43:39
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    +1
    Thanks, it's in the hue of the smoke... it shows it was grown outside, and did not get the proper nutrients.
    I spent the weekend inToronto n got some schoolin =)
    That Sour Diesel is getting lots of great reviews
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 13:59:39
    Guido
    +1
    True it’s grown outside but the water needed for that particular hue is imported from Buford, Wyoming, though it does not possess the proper nutrients to provide the pleasing and sought after blue hue…the thc level will have your brain cells hitting the floor like bb’s....On my way to Toronto, pronto.. A
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 14:04:31
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    +1
    lol @ a
    hahaha we say it like ...
    mmm .. this is pretty smooth eh ...
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 14:09:49
    Guido
    +1
    By the time I leave Toronto...I will have all the lingo pat eh...No one will even know I'm from away..
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 14:14:08
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    +1
    just so u are aware, AWAY is the name of one of the guys from Voi Vod... great canadian band...
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 14:21:41
    Guido
    +1
    I wasn't even aware Canada had bands...I thought they they just packed up their pinapple chunks and headed south for band hook ups.. eh
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 14:37:55
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    omg eh,
    u've never heard of RUSH?

• Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 14:52:02 (edited)
    Guido
    +1
    You mean these guy's
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 15:13:07
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    +1
    lol sort of
    more like this
  • Guido ♥ Amy ♥... 2012/05/22 15:20:46
    Guido
    +1
    There not exactly slappin da base....but they might make it.
  • ♥ Amy ♥... Guido 2012/05/22 15:35:24
    ♥ Amy ♥ Is Home♥
    +1
    lol ... they just might
  • prosperhappily 2012/05/21 17:45:25
    Yes, Why?
    prosperhappily
    +1
    I don't smoke it.

But, as long as you are not harming anyone else or putting them at undue risk, you should be able to do whatever you want.
  • KarenInKenoshaWisconsin 2012/05/21 17:43:05
    Yes, Why?
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    +1
    We could simply use laws regarding driving while under the influence and minimum age of growing/usage. If it grew like a weed instead of being criminalized...

We wouldn't have something like a million Americans arrested for pot possession or sales each year.
    People who preferred or needed it for medical or recreational uses could use it without fear of criminalization and could use it instead of, in some cases, riskier and less effective prescription pharmaceuticals.
    Criminals wouldn't want to sell it.
    Users wouldn't be buying pot from the same people who offer more hardcore drugs (and there goes the gateway theory, heh).
    The crime rate would seriously drop.
    The burden on our boarder patrol would be decreased if pot were legal and home grown.
    Mexico and other countries would have to find other lucrative crops/products/services to sell to the U.S.
    We could grow hemp in the USA and have a truly amazing wide array of hemp based products (fantastic growth potential for the economy).
    Hemp requires less pesticides and other chemicals to grow and is an all around greener crop than many other resources.

I'm not a smoker. I started to really learn about the drug war and pot when all I wanted was some made in the USA hemp based art products. Guuueeeez!
  • prosper... KarenIn... 2012/05/21 17:46:31
    prosperhappily
    +1
    Exactly. The War on plants has caused far more damage to America than the plants themselves ever could.
  • ehrhornp 2012/05/21 16:02:47
    Yes, Why?
    ehrhornp
    +2
    It is a natural plant that has lots of uses. Gov. has no business making it illegal. It was only made illegal as it was giving too much competition to various industries. Pretty pathetic to waste so much money on keeping a plant that could help save the planet illegal.

2014/08/27 19:19:29