Should It Be Required To Pass A Drug Test To Buy A Gun?

Astro-Boy PHAET 2010/09/21 01:27:13
Related Topics: Restrictions, Test, Liberal
Yes, It should be Required
No, Too Many Restrictions...
More Liberal BS from Astro

• Fef 2010/09/21 06:07:34
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    Fef
    +4
    Where in the Constitution does it have a list of allowed/not allowed drugs when giving citizens the rights to own guns (to fight oppressive government)? Nowhere. The government will use this as a slippery slope to expand the list of drugs to include migraine medicines, anxiety medications, laxatives or whatever else it determines makes a citizen a threat to a politician's power.

• Henry Massingale 2011/12/31 17:22:00
    Yes, It should be Required
    Henry Massingale
    Now to complete the interface at SodaHead,
    Sometimes you just have to wait for all the bloging to be done and to bring aware-ness to a issue that is by far a National Disgrace.
    Drug Testing To Buy a Gun
    Drug Testing To Buy Guns vs. The Reapers
    Drug Testing To Buy A Gun vs. The Reavers
    from the movie Serenity
    Posted by Henry Massingale
    PATRIOTS FOR GUN RIGHTS

The Reapers / a F.A.S.C. Concepts , byMassingale News Release.
    I offer a legal help, a option, to Drug Test People before they buy a Gun. The new
    testing of the swab to the mouth is painless and on the money for stopping
    gun crimes, by junkies. You see Guns and Drugs, a issue our Government Covers
    up because of the sale of Oxy Heroin. I have labeled these heroin users as,
    "The Reapers / The Reavers /. byMassingale", a Internet catch. Some
    of the most terrible crimes committed by addicts
    To state it simple it is not the people's fault that a junkie shoot at the White House, it is not the People's fault that Congress Lady Gabby got shoot and the death of a child has marked Us and Government Officials for lack of insite. The fault is with FDA Federal byLaws that allowed tons of Oxy Heroin to be dumped on the People Of America.
    Sometimes a truth hits the Internet, and you can bet Government Officials are saying we shou...
    Drug Testing To Buy a Gun
    from the movie Serenity
    Posted by Henry Massingale
    PATRIOTS FOR GUN RIGHTS

Sometimes a truth hits the Internet, and you can bet Government Officials are saying we should of destroyed the Poppy Fileds of Afghan as we started to do....Now the "International Boycott Of The Arabic Drug Empire" is directed against our own Government Officials. And I find no honor in doing this...
  • lion 2010/09/30 21:53:19
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    lion
    Join the discussion. Share your opinion with millions!
  • SEAHORSE 2010/09/28 17:04:17
    Yes, It should be Required
    SEAHORSE
    Thats a great idea!
  • Aingean 2010/09/26 11:47:32
    Yes, It should be Required
    Aingean
    No really a bad idea, however it could lead to trouble when it comes to people on medications that own a gun. Damn its almost necessary to pass a psych evaluation and a drug test to own a gun now. All these crazy people with guns and then all the drug addicts. Make it harder for them to get a gun.
  • MissJo 2010/09/22 05:42:33
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    MissJo
    +1
    I agree with Blythe, a mental evaluation would be more help than a drug test.
  • Kennedy1st 2010/09/21 20:57:22
    Yes, It should be Required
    Kennedy1st
    +1
    Yes,required.
  • Artemis ~PHAET 2010/09/21 15:06:20
    Yes, It should be Required
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +1
    Makes perfect sense to me. I'd feel safer knowing that drugged up whackos couldn't legally purchase guns. I know they can always get them illegally, but still. It's bad enough that regular whackos can legally purchase them. Whackos don't need guns.
  • Always.Bored :P 2010/09/21 13:13:08
    Yes, It should be Required
    Always.Bored :P
    +1
    It would be a good thing ... wouldn't want to be around an insane guy with a big gun ...
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2010/09/21 13:08:31
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +2
    No. Drug tests are basically worthless. I'd rather see a test for mental stability. Some of those gun owners are crazy.
  • sait10 2010/09/21 13:08:10
    Yes, It should be Required
    sait10
    +1
    would be a good idea yes!
  • Shilo 2010/09/21 13:06:40
    Yes, It should be Required
    Shilo
  • KCurtis 2010/09/21 12:55:18
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    KCurtis
    +1
    Are you on drugs? Just wondering.
    No of course not, most people in America who go through the process of getting a gun license to own a gun are law abiding citizens.
  • Shilo KCurtis 2010/09/21 13:07:14
    Shilo
    Then they don't have anything to worry about from a drug test.
  • Dixienc KCurtis 2010/09/21 13:10:04 (edited)
    Dixienc
    +1
    Exactly. And I'm sure that the majority of gun owners would gladly pee in that little cup. But to add one more restriction to purchase a gun is just more Government control. When they start requiring people on Welfare to take a drug test to get their check then they can talk about other folks having to do it for other reasons.
  • KCurtis Dixienc 2010/09/21 13:21:53
    KCurtis
    Sounds like a fair trade, gun owners will pee if welfare recipients pee? Any issues?
  • Dixienc KCurtis 2010/09/21 13:28:05
    Dixienc
    Yep Yep! If I have to pee to exercise my Constitutional RIGHTS then they should have to to collect that check that my taxes help pay for.
  • Astro-B... KCurtis 2010/09/21 19:27:58
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    No I don't do drugs, do you?
  • Dahanna S.O.C.K. P.U.P 2010/09/21 11:45:47
    Yes, It should be Required
    Dahanna S.O.C.K. P.U.P
    +1
    yes, maybe. but what if i need both..
  • Patrick Jones 2010/09/21 11:40:48
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    Patrick Jones
    +1
    The people who cant pass a drug test are able to get guns other ways, that nobody knows about.
  • SpyderX 2010/09/21 11:04:53
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    SpyderX
    +2
    Prospective gun owners should be made to pass a SANITY test. Too many nuts out there carrying guns, IMHO.
  • Fef 2010/09/21 06:07:34
    No, Too Many Restrictions...
    Fef
    +4
  • Astro-B... Fef 2010/09/21 06:11:48
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +3
    You that government and all their dastardly deeds...why, I even heard once they elected people to office!

LOL...okay on a serious note, nowhere does it say someone who is under 18 either should own a gun. A 5 year old perhaps? Why not? It's not written that they can't in the Constitution...I can do that trick too. =)
  • Shilo Fef 2010/09/21 13:09:33
    Shilo
    Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. Add sugar to that list. Hyper people twitch too much to be trusted with guns.
  • Henry M... Fef 2011/12/31 17:37:10
    Henry Massingale
    Within the Constitution is a Prime Directive, that Orders Governemnt Officials to Obey Constitutional Law and that my friend is The safe Keep Of The People.
    Do you see my little ones, to the left of this page, and when I say That The Death Of A Child Has Marked Us and Our Government Officials for Lack Of In Site, well my young friend, welcome to the Matrix of the Net that I am now at, and I do dare to enter the White House blogs not in pro-test in a Constitutional Fight Supported by Law.
    So if you need a laxative I doubt it will cause you not to be able to own a gun.
  • OzSin 2010/09/21 05:32:15
    Yes, It should be Required
    OzSin
    +1
    Are you calling those gun peoples "its"

;)
  • Astro-B... OzSin 2010/09/21 05:33:59
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +1
    There was a description...sadly it didn't make it with the errors going on.
  • OzSin Astro-B... 2010/09/21 05:37:08
    OzSin
    +1
    ha!

and hi to all my friends in Texas........
  • Patrick... OzSin 2010/09/21 11:43:01
    Patrick Jones
    +1
    Your from Texas and you said Yes?
  • OzSin Patrick... 2010/09/21 12:22:11
    OzSin
    I said i had friends there..alot of Aussies moving there because of the slack gun laws.
  • Patrick... OzSin 2010/09/21 12:27:16
    Patrick Jones
    +1
    O ok. I misunderstood.
  • Pustic 2010/09/21 05:03:47
    More Liberal BS from Astro
    Pustic
    +1
    Hell no. I wouldn't have my guns then, at least not legally.
  • Astro-B... Pustic 2010/09/21 05:11:33
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +1
    So you admittedly use drugs?
  • Pustic Astro-B... 2010/09/21 05:16:39
    Pustic
    Who? Meeeee???
  • Astro-B... Pustic 2010/09/21 05:34:20
  • Pustic Astro-B... 2010/09/21 05:40:25 (edited)
  • Dixienc Astro-B... 2010/09/21 13:14:37
    Dixienc
    Tell me this Astro. I take PRESCIPTION pain pills because of a major back surgery back in January. Less than a year ago mind you. I have two 4inch titanium plates and 6 screws in my spine. Now granted I only take like two a day and not every day. Do you think I should be penalized due to something that was out of my control? These pills do not alter my perseption nor do they make me high. They do what they're needed to do. Make it so I can have a somewhat normal life. Something like this would deny me my Constitutional RIGHT to own guns. Where is the fairness in that? Are you as gung ho for them to make drug testing mandatory for people drawing a Welfare check every month? There is more drug abuse in that faction of the country than there is with responsible law abiding gun owners.
  • Astro-B... Dixienc 2010/09/21 19:30:31
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    LOL, you're taking it way too personal. It's hypothetical, I have no real legislation or law to read from.
  • Dixienc Astro-B... 2010/09/21 20:46:13
    Dixienc
    not taking it personally at all Astro. Just asking my own question on the matter. I could go the rest of my life and not buy another gun if I need to. Got plenty...lol lol :)
  • Astro-B... Dixienc 2010/09/21 20:54:29
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    I have plenty here too.
  • Henry M... Dixienc 2011/12/31 17:42:12
    Henry Massingale
    I would sugjest taking the prescription papers with you, because the test is based on toxic levels that will show addition.

2014/08/01 07:57:00