Should illegal immigrants be given a pathway to citizenship as part of immigration reform?

Fox Report with Shepard Smith 2013/01/28 16:00:00
Any immigration reform plan that allows the roughly 11 million individuals now in the United States illegally to stay in the country would bring with it a mix of new revenues and increased costs. And as President Obama and a bipartisan group of senators separately press the issue this week, past studies suggest it is doubtful that the fiscal benefits of such policy changes would outweigh the costs.

farmers

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/cost-gi...

• Ozzyboy 2013/01/29 03:21:25
    Ozzyboy
    +28
    Tell me, what is the benefit of being an American citizen if you work all your life, pay into a system that will just give away free healthcare, schools, social security, housing, heat, phones and cash to anyone else who wanders into this country? In the meantime, the American citizen will be denied access to those very same benefits, that we have worked all our lives for. We are told to shut up and die already to make way for the new people.

• us 2013/02/22 04:12:34
    us
    If there parents are illegal not sure, But if there children where born here they a legal citizens. I believe Americans did not care because we where all working, but alot are comeing over but there are no jobs at this time.
  • Illuminatti 37° 2013/02/14 20:23:22
    Illuminatti 37°
    There is an established path to US citizenship, the same one used by legal immigrants, why should law breaking criminals be given special treatment? Illegal aliens are criminals, every one of them. To take advantage of the existing path, they can return voluntarily to thier country of origin and apply at the US Consulate like any law abiding citizen would do.
  • Danny Omega 2013/02/09 10:49:36
    Danny Omega
    +1
    Unless you are 100% Native American...You re an Illegal Immigrant to a certain degree!. Or at least your family may have been in the past. We live in a (free) country based on lies, tyranny, religious persecution, slavery, bigotry, etc...Everything we wished to escape by settling here .In reality we wiped out a continent of peaceful and indigenous folk..Yet Christopher Columbus has and still is hailed as the (patron saint) of the free world, while Hitler literally created less atrocities! How much more hypocritical can we get!?!?..
  • Illumin... Danny O... 2013/02/14 20:28:13
    Illuminatti 37°
    No, those alive today wiped out no continent of people. The same goes for the slavery issue, no one alive today in the US is a slave owner, nor have they been.

If you feel you wiped out a people, turn yourself in as a mass murderer. How many Native Americans did you kill? When it comes to setting records in the mass murder category, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and abortion lead the pack; not necessarily in that order.
  • us Danny O... 2013/02/22 04:17:52
    us
    First of all what was in this country we had British, we had the french at in other parts, oh by the we had spain here, Yes, there where wars, at that all people got together and defended this country. The question is will we defend this country?
  • Kaye 2013/02/07 15:53:40
    Kaye
    +1
    They should go home
  • Major Mel Kaye 2013/02/08 17:09:24
    Major Mel
    I agree and they should take all of their relatives with them.
  • jan Kaye 2013/10/16 13:04:47
    jan
    Do us all a favor and go home too
  • Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL* 2013/02/07 04:21:44
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    +2
    It's highly unlikely that many of them won't do due to certain facts that some people don't know. They will have to pay fines in the thousands of dollars, there will be extensive background checks on all idividuals that came in illegally, they will also have to pay thousands of dollars in application fees and it will be 15 years wait since there are millions of others ahead of them who have filed about 5 years or more ahead of them. Then comes the other ones waiting outside of the U.S. for their immigration status to go thru from those family members who have now become U.S. citizens.
    It is also unlikely that any of them will want to pay taxes .......They likely to stay illegal and dodge the gov't while we continue to support their little anchors.
  • jan Flaming... 2013/09/18 13:37:06
    jan
    You seem very uninformed, what a shame
  • Flaming... jan 2013/09/19 03:32:49
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    +1
    I am more informed than you will ever know.
  • jan Flaming... 2013/10/02 14:01:53
    jan
    Too bad it isn't apparent.
  • Flaming... jan 2013/10/05 04:59:10
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    Your comment proves how uninformed you really are.
  • jan Flaming... 2013/10/16 13:08:20
    jan
    To Flamer: your opinion is very twisted. Don't assume that you know what people will do.
  • actionjksn 2013/02/07 02:37:45
  • jan actionjksn 2013/09/18 13:38:01
    jan
    Is this response a reflection of your education?
  • actionjksn jan 2013/09/23 14:18:04
    actionjksn
    A lot of people get a good education and it still doesn't stop them from being dumb as a box of rocks. Those people love to tout formal education as being synonymous with intelligence, because deep down they know they're nothing more than a big dummy who's good at taking tests.
  • jan actionjksn 2013/10/16 13:18:49
    jan
    That's what its about these days, taking tests...ha! So in the eyes of the education system I am not the dummy and that would make you the "box of rocks"
  • actionjksn jan 2013/10/17 00:52:14 (edited)
    actionjksn
    I own a nice home in a really good neighborhood with great schools and only have eight and a half years before it's payed off, I bought it less than four years ago. In the last four years I've been to Puerto Rico ,New York, Seoul South Korea and a tropical island off the coast of Korea called Jeju island for over two weeks. This summer I was in Buenos Aires Argentina, Iguazu falls on the border of Argentina and Brazil which makes Niagara Falls look like a little fountain. I was also on the Brazil side, after that we went to Machu Pichu in Peru, the whole trip lasted three weeks. All the trips are payed off except for south America and it will be payed off this month.

My wife is a professor at a small liberal arts university and has a doctoral degree from Ohio State and about a 130 IQ. I can assure you if I were a dummy she would not be with me. So where has your test taking taken you? Since I have been with her for almost seven years I have been around a lot of college people who I'm sure are really really good at taking tests, both student and faculty. Some of these people are absolutely brilliant and some them are in fact dumb as hell. Since you think it automatically it means you are smart I think it's obvious which group you fall into.
  • jan actionjksn 2013/12/04 17:04:46
    jan
    That is so odd that you feel its necessary to give me a bio and try to boast about irrelevant vacations. Haha! Get a life...this forum is about immigration, not your dinner last night or the fact that you are a barnacle on your wifes ship. HAHA!
  • actionjksn jan 2013/12/05 05:15:07 (edited)
    actionjksn
    I'm not anybody's barnacle, I'm a remodeling contractor since 1998 and do quite well. Most professors don't make that much money considering their level of education, we just are smart with our money and both work our asses off. And you will never do any better than you are now, so I can understand why you're so bitter. You can always watch the travel channel and dream.
  • Tom Trojan 2013/02/07 01:15:39
    Tom Trojan
    +2
    I saw this movie before back in 1986...... Why has nothing changed???? Answer..... Liberals that refuse to secure our borders.....

Therefore, no amnesty unless we "close the back door" once and for all. Legal immigration has a defined process.

Respect the country, respect the laws...... I am not interested in making citizens out of people that start out disrespecting our laws.....
  • legalamericanwoman 2013/02/07 00:50:19
    legalamericanwoman
    +2
    illegal immigrants already had a legal pathway to become legal citizens of the USA.
  • Raymond59 2013/02/06 20:17:29 (edited)
    Raymond59
    +2
    There are many foreigners (from many Countries) that are doing it 'by filling out the paperwork and/or paying the fees' that are waiting for their turn for the process to go forward. In other words, 'they're in line.' That's the solution for Illegals that are wanting to get U.S. Citizenship. Get in the back of the line and let them wait their turn. There are foreigners that are in the process that are ahead of them that done it legally. They (Illegal Aliens) shouldn't be given preferential treatment (for Political reasons) just to satisfy Political ambitions of some U.S. Congressperson, U.S. Senators, and/or U.S. President. That's what the entire Immigration debate is about. Politics! People (i.e. Americans) don't have a problem with someone becoming an American Citizen as long as it's done "LEGALLY." For ILLEGAL Aliens to be granted Citizenship by "an Act of Congress" is an injustice to those that are doing it LEGALLY. People sit here and lecture Republicans and/or Conservatives about "better get on board with fixing this issue?" Man, the ones advocating "Breaking The Law" are the ones that need to "better get on board with fixing this issue!"
  • Leona Hill 2013/02/06 18:58:55
    Leona Hill
    No!
  • Aleksandr 2013/02/05 08:40:27
    Aleksandr
    I came to America as student why cant they?
  • csrdrunner 2013/02/03 16:29:24
    csrdrunner
    +1
    ONLY!!! by going to their own country and doing it legally.

"illegal immigrants" I must always laugh when I hear this term, reminds me of "a little pregnant", either one is illegal or an immigrant.
  • MichaelJ 2013/02/02 10:03:29
    MichaelJ
    +2
    It is a slap in the face of every immigrant who has ever come to our country legally and gone through the expense and heartache of doing it right.
  • Major Mel MichaelJ 2013/02/08 17:17:00
    Major Mel
    +1
    You're saying pretty much the same thing that all other decent, law abiding, American Citizens are thinking. ...and you're right! ...ever wonder why 'Lefties' [Left-Wing Liberals] are called 'Lefties'? They ALWAYS turn away from what is right (correct!) plain and simple. It doesn't take a genius to see this!
  • sickofpolitics 2013/02/02 02:18:53
    sickofpolitics
    and no, it is not that simple. They should be required to register and get in line behind those that have not broken the laws!!!
  • cfd007 2013/02/01 17:49:05
    cfd007
    +2
    They're illegal, ship' em back or imprison them, there already is a path to citizenship.
  • jan cfd007 2013/09/18 13:42:14
    jan
    Are you even aware of all the bureaucratic red tape involved? Don't judge until you know the extent of what these people have to go thru. Its people like you that make me ashamed to be a white American.
  • LastRanger 2013/02/01 17:05:41
    LastRanger
    +3
    No!
    Rewarding a criminal activity (invading a country illegally) is not a solution.
  • cc 2013/02/01 16:35:00
    cc
    +2
    We need to pressure Mexico to fix thier problems before they become...oh wait..they already HAVE become ours!!
    Well folks...if you want to know what socialism looks like...just look to the south....and give it a few years.
  • Jim cc 2013/02/03 14:27:25
    Jim
    +1
    There is nothing Socialist about Mexico. The term, "Socialist," is so badly misused that it's useless. It has to be constantly explained to people who carelessly throw it out.

That said, Mexico is a narco-capitalist state. The extreme disparity in wealth is the result of private capital cartels that rule the country. Mexico is what the U.S. would look like if FDR hadn't kept the banksters in check with the New Deal. America's Golden Age of the 1950's and 1960's was the New Deal after it had a chance to mature. LBJ's Great Society disrupted the fine balance of the New Deal architecture and it ran aground in the 70's.

Sweden is Socialist. The fairly even distribution of wealth, emphasis on domestic production, and superior quality of public space and public service is evidence of that. Yes, their taxes are very high but, that money is recirculated back to positive effect.
  • cc Jim 2013/02/03 22:53:11
    cc
    +1
    Interesting! thank you...
  • Illumin... Jim 2013/02/14 20:30:26
    Illuminatti 37°
    Blame Wilson for turning the bankers loose upon America and in effect, the world.
  • Jim Illumin... 2013/02/14 21:02:19
    Jim
    Absolutely! I'm currently striving to educate some troglodytes about the infamies of Woodrow Wilson and why it matters, even after a hundred years! Thanx.
  • jan cc 2013/10/16 13:23:21
    jan
    Mexico a sociailist country??? Lol not even a little bit close. Please look up what the definition is before using it. Lol
  • DizziNY 2013/02/01 15:50:08
    DizziNY
    Come here LEGALLY, ;ike my Grandparents did:

ellis island

ellis island

2014/10/22 13:59:49