Should Guys Be Allowed to Wear Skirts in School?

Some schools place limits on how much skin a girl can show -- how short her skirt is, etc. -- but Calvert High School in Maryland is trying to flesh out how that applies to one student's unique take on the dress code. Warren Evans, a bisexual student at Calvert High, was suspended for wearing a skirt, and he says it doesn't violate the school's dress code.

Evans told NBC Washington, "I don't think [it violated the dress code]. Why not? It didn’t say anywhere in the code of conduct or dress code that says boys can't dress like girls ... Some people aren't tolerant of that type of thing." Officials have not commented publicly on the situation, but say the dress code is not gender-specific. Some parents have sided with the school, arguing that boys in dresses would be a distraction. Do you think guys should be allowed to wear skirts during school hours?

• michelegildroy 2014/06/28 20:30:52
    michelegildroy
    What are our schools teaching our students about history of what men and women used to wear? I believe it is our politicly correct crap that is fouling up our future leaders. let the male and female students wear what they want as long as is not considered porno.
  • JDHARTIL 2014/02/14 13:37:34
    JDHARTIL
    Why not
  • ZB 2014/02/12 05:23:40
    ZB
    Why not? Women can wear whatever they want. Why can't men have the same freedom?
  • Ejayt7 ZB 2014/03/29 19:51:56
    Ejayt7
    A klit yes,but a skirt or a dress is NO. No drags in the school systems should be allowed.
  • ZB Ejayt7 2014/03/29 21:46:38
    ZB
    Wearing a skirt is NOT drag. Trying to look like a woman, like the guy in the pic, is drag. Kilts are very expensive also. A cheap one starts at 70 USD and go up from there. And why is it that only men can go in drag while women are just getting dressed or expressing themselves. that's called double standards. I'll keep wearing my skirts and save that 70.00 for other things.
  • Ejayt7 ZB 2014/03/30 23:53:51
    Ejayt7
    Have it ye way at Buger Skirt, it does mean ye are right.
  • Aliona 2014/02/01 20:29:19
    Aliona
    +1
    Another silly nonsense? that suddenly can be considered an occasion to share a great nation? :): O
  • Red Branch 2014/02/01 18:25:28
    Red Branch
    +1
    There is a natural order of things and skirts on guys violates that natural order.
  • Shelly ... Red Branch 2014/02/21 18:35:38
    Shelly Warren
    +1
    At one time the natural order was women wear dresses and not pants, to stay home and raise children,while it was the mans role to provide ...but things change...women have assumed a lot of former male roles,wears jeans more than skirts and kids get raised by daycare...Welcome to the new order....equal rights works both ways!!
  • Red Branch Shelly ... 2014/02/21 23:52:55
    Red Branch
    +1
    I understand the new order and I am opposed to it. It is not a matter of equal rights. It is a matter of perversity, degeneracy, deviance, degradation, depravity and just all around disgusting.
    I understand guys are dressing up as girls and then proceeding to use the women's restrooms, changing rooms in stores and other places where guys should not be.
  • Shelly ... Red Branch 2014/02/28 15:03:19
    Shelly Warren
    +1
    There was many opposed to the idea when women started doing that in the 40s and50s ...when a woman worewore pants they got comments like...what? You wanna be a man?....there are many guys that know how to dress than girls......notice the next time you go out and see most women do not wear dresses they wear pants and a shirt...it was just a matter of time dude with cause and effect.iIbet if you have a girlfriend she dresses more Ibetlike a boy than a girl...there are always people like you in the beginning, but it will all work out peacefully...nothing mischievous ever goes on in bathrooms dude....it would look stranger if a mans bathroom was used...there are unisex facilities in many parts of the world.....big deal....girl reporters shouldn't be in athletes changing rooms either if that is the case
  • Shelly Warren 2014/02/01 01:22:48
    Shelly Warren
    +1
    Girls wear whatever they want, so should boys....it used to be shameful for girls to wear pants until women s lib....society will get used to it...just like we got used to girls wanting the desires of mens roles in society....
  • shreyansh 2013/07/30 17:04:06
    shreyansh
    +2
    yes because when we were small our parents had worn us skirts or dresses or done makeup they should be allowed because earlier times romans also worn skirts to they should wear skirts
  • JD 2013/01/06 10:51:28
  • Scrappy Coco 2012/12/23 14:59:57
    Scrappy Coco
    +2
    My answer would be why not? I mean really it's ok for a women to wear whatever she wants, but a guy can't? To me thats just bs! At some point men need to stand up for there rights and fight this kind of bs. Just my quick 2 cents!
  • Ejayt7 Scrappy... 2013/02/20 17:13:17
    Ejayt7
    +1
    It is alright for a man to wear klit but a skirt is a woman clothing. He differently doesn't look like a boy. He is in drag. drag
  • Scrappy... Ejayt7 2013/03/17 20:35:00
    Scrappy Coco
    +2
    Um I hate to tell you but there is a big difference between someone in drag and a man wearing a skirt. Just because I put on a skirt does not make me look like a women or someone in drag. I still look like a man just I'm wearing a skirt. Just like a women when she wears a skirt she still looks like a women. And I'll leave it at that!
  • Patagoniakid 2012/12/18 23:20:56
    Patagoniakid
    +1
    Let's get something straight in the beginning about kilts not being skirts...
    Totally wrong! A kilt IS a skirt by definition... look it up in any dictionary! A kilt is just a particular type of skirt that is usually tartan, hot, heavy and costly. Men have worn skirts far longer than women throughout time and still do as an option to pants in 70% of the world today.

Anyone who thinks pants (crotch seams and tubes of cloth) make more sense for males than females has never tried on a skirt. Guys can even rock mini skirts: http://answers.yahoo.com/ques...

And if you still don't think guys can't rock skirts see these guys and note they still look like guys just as women in pants look like women: http://www.picturetrail.com/s... and http://s364.beta.photobucket.... These are obviously not cross dressers trying to look like women soooo knowing all this why would anyone object unless they were a sexually insecure homophobic idiot...
  • Charles Patagon... 2012/12/23 17:44:54
    Charles
    +1
    I've seen Scots get RED FACED WITH HYSTERIA when someone calls kilts skirts. Yes, they are in a state of denial, but why? Because so much of the Western world regards skirts as female only, and they want to distance themselves from accusations of effeminacy. So many different types of "single tube" leg garments have been worn by men across time, and still in today's world, the Scots are far from the only group, it makes no sense to designate skirts only for women. That's just habit. Petticoats are as appropriate for men and boys as for style selfish females, provided they wear them for rational reasons (comfort, it looks better, not for impersonation) but to clarify, I would not forbid impersonation as a so called art form, if I could forbid it, but won't patronize it.
    boys tutu
  • Patagon... Charles 2012/12/25 22:42:48
    Patagoniakid
    +1
    Well said! It's like the word "gay"... it used to mean happy or jovial and idiots ruined a perfectly good word. Now they are working on skirts by designating them for women only yet men have worn skirts far longer than women throughout time! (many of those would qualify as "micro mini" skirts today! Ref: http://answers.yahoo.com/ques...
  • Ejayt7 Charles 2014/03/29 20:04:42
    Ejayt7
    Klits are masucline and skirts are feminine. The pants that most women wear are feminine. A man or a woman should wear clothing that are made for his or her oppposite gender. There is a nautral order to that because God has made it an adbomination. an adbomination
  • ZB Ejayt7 2014/03/31 06:27:46 (edited)
    ZB
    +1
    Hate to bust your bubble, but there are more styles of kilts for women than there are for men. And who lives by the Old Testament these days?
  • art pixels 2012/11/20 13:41:22
    art pixels
    +3
    Let people do what they want. The idea of a man wearing a dress isn't bad. What, do you think sin flies up his skirt or something?
  • Charles 2012/11/17 06:28:13
    Charles
    +3
    Does he call himself bisexual, or is someone calling him that because he wants to wear a skirt? Because if it's just wanting the skirt, no possible way does that make him bisexual. This much is immediately clear---he is not dressing like a girl by wearing a skirt. Absolutely not! Skirts hang from the waist, they go around both legs together. No difference of anatomy, no sex difference. Confusing a style difference with a sex difference is a serious error, which in this case, almost everyone makes, and they are so wrong! Both sexes are born naked, THEN we raise females with a CHOICE, and males with NO CHOICE, even though choice is HUMAN! We teach females and males that skirts are strictly for females! Arbitrary nonsense! By the way, all these box of rocks stupid "Christians" here don't know that until just after 1900, CHRISTIAN parents here raised their sons in DRESSES, SKIRTS and PETTICOATS till age 6! We have this asinine attitude that femininity is flexible, but masculinity is rigid. It's ONLY because you dumb bunnies are TREATING it that way! What passes for masculinity, is mere INHIBITION---we raise males to be inhibited as to using clothes for variety and expression, THEN we assure them it's natural for them to shun expressive attire! No wonder men die earlier---we restrict men in SO many senseless, CRUEL ways!
  • AndrewbieJones 2012/11/15 23:59:37
    AndrewbieJones
    +2
    People complain about gays/lesbians making out in public. Please, I have seen straight people downright trying to have sex in the mall parking lot... AND NOT IN A CAR. America is for freedom, and if you can't realize that, you might as well get your passport and leave. Cya. Bye. :)
  • Blueskys 2012/10/19 14:28:41
    Blueskys
    But we CAN laugh at them.
  • Charles Blueskys 2012/12/23 17:32:53
    Charles
    +1
    Yeah, just like the Italian nobles laughed at the trouser wearing CLOWN, Pantalone, in mid 16th century Comedy of the Arts! That's where the word "pants" comes from! "Pants" worn by men on a coercive basis is suggestive of being out of breath as in panting, and being full of "ants." PANTS worn by men are a symbol of SLAVERY, because slaves have no choices! Society only wants to recognize freedom for females! Look how you deceive yourself out of your rights by "thinking" that skirts are female because of STUPID associative reasoning! Show me that only females have a waist and legs, pal!

pantalone
  • Elena 2012/10/03 06:53:51
    Elena
    +3
    Of course. This is America. We can wear whatever the hell we want as long as it's decent. However, I can think of three reasons schools might not allow this
    1. They are uncomfortable with a guy wearing typically girl clothing. I understand this, and I would find it a little strange if a guy at my school wore a skirt, but it's not a valid reason. High school is (partially) about figuring out who you are and opening your mind.
    2. They realize that a guy in a skirt and heels would be distracting/uncomfortable for the other students. This is a little more valid, but the other students should just learn to deal with it.
    3. They are trying to limit bullying, as it is likely this guy will be bullied mercilessly for showing up at public high school in a girl's outfit. But honestly, they should be addressing the bullies, not the victims if this is the case. He SHOULD be able to go to school in whatever he wants without being tortured for it.
  • Blueskys Elena 2012/10/19 14:50:43
    Blueskys
    Oh come on the idiot would be provoking attack.

Lets just say it flat out.

He is pretending to be a girl and mixing in society and Screwing with Men's instincts.

Men react to women because they are real WOMEN, who they admire.

Men don't want fakers shoved at them screwing up with our instincts, destroying sex drives

and sex lives, destroying our dreams, demanding protection because he is a 'girl' and not

carrying his weight as a man.

We are allowed to protect ourselves and drive these posers away.
  • art pixels Blueskys 2012/11/20 13:12:21
    art pixels
    +13
    Wearing a dress doesn't mean he's pretending to be a girl.

More importantly, what you're saying now is surely what they said about women wearing pants. "She's pretending to be a man!!!! However will my son know he's supposed to stick his dick in her???"
  • Charles Blueskys 2012/12/09 18:55:23
    Charles
    +3
    I feel the need to state that I have never, and will not ever, advocate that men present as women, or impersonate women. There are some situations in which legal penalties are imposed for not accurately identifying oneself. That said, men can wear almost as many styles as women, while still presenting as men. The only style exception would be a dress made to accommodate breasts, or to show breast cleavage. BC display is by nature a female monopoly and men are not discriminated because they can't legitimately do it. Men get a monopoly on facial hair as in beards. A man not totally clean shaved is dressed more like a man regardless of garments, than any man in blue jeans without facial hair. Some men insist on calling themselves crossdressers and presenting as women because they haven't the intellect to analyze society's designation of skirts/fancy clothes as female only, also, they are over reacting to society refusing to allow men choices. They have stepped across a real line and gone too far. A final point--many battles of long ago saw men in skirts, ending the lives of men in pants. Skirts does not "wimpify."
  • Shelly ... Blueskys 2014/02/21 18:55:46
    Shelly Warren
    +1
    Anybody who thinks they need to resort to violence deserves the punishment the law allows...They are legally starting to prosecute bullies as adults,because these people do not need a reason "like this" to bully..they find reasons...this isn't one thing to make them bully ,because they would find another reason to bully cause of who they are.
    We need to drive the bullies out and let the kids who want to learn stay.
    I have got to laugh at your "destroying sex drive comment...how utterly ridiculous...if that destroys your sex drive dude ,you have got some other issues..ha..
  • Matthew 2012/07/20 17:23:04
    Matthew
    +2
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
  • Shelly ... Matthew 2014/02/21 18:44:35
    Shelly Warren
    +1
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
  • Little Lucy 2012/07/07 21:17:15
    Little Lucy
    +2
    You bet, why not?
  • RWM Little ... 2012/09/24 22:39:21 (edited)
    RWM
    +1
    Well if they can do that,. How about if I wear my Halloween Party Costume (Frankenstein) all year round? To the mall. church, formal dinners, etc. Thats discrimination.? casper the friendly ghost
  • Lord Emperor of Dune 2012/06/25 23:28:57
    Lord Emperor of Dune
    +3
    There comes a point when we just have to say "no, that's not okay, especially in a public school". Be gay all you want, but we must hold on to some standard...
  • RWM Lord Em... 2012/09/24 22:35:24
    RWM
    Thats right and we must respect Common Sense Law, along with respecting our fellow citizens. And we do need to hold on to some kind of a standard, to keep this irregular experience in due bounds. . Cause everythang ain't for everybody. You know what I mean? And to not have gays forcing their will on ppl with this transparent bs.
  • Brosia 2012/06/17 23:23:52
    Brosia
    +4
    I can wear pants, why should they be banned from wearing skirts.

Besides, he totally has the legs for it.
  • Ejayt7 Brosia 2013/02/20 17:16:54
    Ejayt7
    I think you mean kilt! kilt

2014/09/30 12:19:13