Should convicted Sex offender John Evander Couey (Jessica Lunsford Killer) be given the Death Penalty or Life in Prison?

Danale 2007/03/14 21:25:50
Yes - Death Penatly
No- Life in Prison
Life in Mental Institution.
A convicted sex offender committed a
calculated, horrific crime when he murdered 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford
by burying her alive, and he deserves a death sentence despite evidence
of his mental problems, a state prosecutor told jurors Tuesday.

• Tammy 2007/03/15 00:28:57
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Tammy
    +15
    I prefer that my tax dollars do not go to feeding & housing pedophiles and murders.

• missnoee 2007/10/19 02:16:13
    Yes - Death Penatly
    missnoee
    +1
    Yeah, he's sick, but he premeditated, and he knew what he was doing! He deserves death. If not, put him in w/the main prison population and they'll take care of him. I have no sympathy for animal abusers and pedifiles, and child and animal murderers. These are the innocents....
  • Yes - Death Penatly
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +2
    I have a 9 year old son. Not only did Couey murder Jessica ,he also raped that beautiful 9year old child. Fighting child molestation in my most passionate cause. If the jutice department and the lawmakers don't get tougher on these cancers to the face of our earth it won't end. Make the perverts so terrified that they dare not hurt a child. In these cases I believe that even severe torture should be used ,and that's not hot air.
  • Yes - Death Penatly
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    This MF deserves to endure a life of abuse and whatever else might be inflicted on him for the rest of his life in prison, but I'd rather just get rid of him and all of his kind and not have to think about him and what might happen if he or other(s) got out- I just want them gone. However we can do it.
    People are not respecting what the children have gone through if they want to try and rehabilitate these preditors.
  • BiteMe 2007/09/20 03:43:18
    Yes - Death Penatly
    BiteMe
    +1
    There's a debate, WHY?????
  • NO CHAINED DOGS 2007/09/20 01:45:54
    No- Life in Prison
    NO CHAINED DOGS
    Within the general population.
  • dot 2007/09/19 22:43:13
    Yes - Death Penatly
    dot
    +2
    kill this baby killer kill him i would love to watch this baby killer die watch what her dad is going threw kills me....kill that man dead
  • Glit 2007/09/17 02:25:28
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Glit
    +1
    I don't believe his quality of life could be worth much. Sadly, I think he'd be better off dead.
  • AngelEyes 2007/09/13 18:09:43
    Yes - Death Penatly
    AngelEyes
    +1
    death penalty, that way he will never come up for parole, cause unless they give him life plus one day, he can get out in 25 yrs, that is the way the law in Florida works, they have to add 1 day or 1 year or something to the life sentence, that way if the judge gives life, that is 30 yrs, so they will be up for parole in 15, so yes, give him the death penalty, that way he will never see the outside of the crossbar hotel.
  • sportmypatootie 2007/09/11 23:39:49
    Yes - Death Penatly
    sportmypatootie
    +2
    The punishment should fit the crime. He should first be castrated with a dull knife - THEN put to death. He put the poor girl to death after sexual torture - by god he should get the same and worse.
  • DeidreLee 2007/09/11 18:54:22
    Yes - Death Penatly
    DeidreLee
    +2
    Even better if the prisoners kill him.
  • It's Dave to you... 2007/08/24 22:11:33
  • Patrick 2007/08/21 01:51:54
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Patrick
    +4
    He is not crazy by legal standards, he knows right from wrong, he understands what his is charged with and can contribute to his defense, if he is conviceted he should pay the ultimate penality allowed by law. DEATH.
  • diane 2007/08/15 00:59:27
    Yes - Death Penatly
    diane
    +2
    Give me the switch I'll pull it so fast he won't know what hit him.
  • jimih67 2007/08/09 18:55:13 (edited)
    Yes - Death Penatly
    jimih67
    +3
    That scumbag should be buried alive. He didn't just kill that little girl, he put her through hell. He deserves nothing better. I know that may seem extreme to some, "cruel and unusual punishment", but when I think about how Jessica died, I say bury him alive. Anybody who would do something like that has to have mental problems, but that is no excuse. He could have gotten help. I know the perfect cure. Bury him alive.
  • Tobster 2007/07/18 12:31:55
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Tobster
    +3
    Whlist we don't have the daeth penalty here in the UK and I am in the main a pacifist, I could not understand why an individual that has committed such an offence shouldn't be terminated. To jail him and continue to support him for the rest of his life seems inappropriate when there is no doubt as to both his guilt and lack of remorse. To be honest, I wish that I had never heard of this case but I hope that the Father if this little girl gets to see justice done. We have a missing girl in the UK by the name of Madeleine McCann and I only pray that she has not fallen into the hands of someone like Couey - we need to remove these people from the gene pool and from our societies. Hang him up and leave him there.
  • fan424 Tobster 2007/10/28 07:55:26
    fan424
    I hope they find Madeleine soon, and find her ok.
  • rose of texas 2007/07/14 08:18:18
    Yes - Death Penatly
    rose of texas
    Anyone who commits such a crime they deserve to get nothing but the death penalty but they should be allowed one appeal only within 30 days and no more.
  • Amber 2007/07/10 17:49:44
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Amber
    +1
    If an animal is born with a disability the mother will kill it or abandon it, he is an animal with a Mental disability....KILL him....there should be no discussion. If you are contemplating take a look at that little girls face and tell her you think he deserves to live after what he has done to her.
  • susan BN-0 2007/06/20 16:23:31
    Yes - Death Penatly
    susan BN-0
    +1
    I'm so sick of people using mental issues as an excuse,I have a mental ilness and I would not kill a child.Even if he does have mental issues,dosen't give him a reason to do what he did.
  • Sue 2007/06/19 03:22:17
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Sue
    +2
    Definitely the death penalty. There should be no waiting either.
  • nicki70 2007/06/15 04:30:12
    Life in Mental Institution.
    nicki70
    if this man is really sickput him away forever and let him suffer at the hans of other so called mentaly ill people.And I feel a much wore fate awaits him when he is gone
  • desertlooney 2007/06/14 22:22:35
    Yes - Death Penatly
    desertlooney
    +1
    Put him in the prisons Gen-Pop-They will eat him alive.
  • tonnie 2007/06/13 22:19:15
    Yes - Death Penatly
    tonnie
    +4
    In a case like this, where he's already confessed and there is no question of guilt, there simply ARE no other options.
    This man BURIED this child ALIVE. Her hand had actually poked through the garbage bag in which she'd been placed, trying to get out. Can you imagine that kind of horror?
    Every day this man is allowed to live beyond the day he confessed is a travesty. There is no reason for the years and years of appeal after appeal after this request and that one and all the legal BS that comes with the death penalty. When guilt has been determined or a confession made, it should be carried out swiftly and without fanfare. There should be no stops between leaving the courthouse and going to the executioner's gurney - none whatsoever.
    If criminals didn't have, what is it, an average of 18+ years - to appeal and to request new trials, etc. perhaps they'd think twice about their crimes.
    People with this kind of a mind need to see folks like them going from the defendent's chair to the electric chair without so much as a last meal or a phone call; perhaps that would send a message that their kind won't be tolerated in this country. For his victim certainly wasn't given a last meal or a chance to speak to clergy... she was given a garbage bag and a shallow grave. It's a disgra...
    People with this kind of a mind need to see folks like them going from the defendent's chair to the electric chair without so much as a last meal or a phone call; perhaps that would send a message that their kind won't be tolerated in this country. For his victim certainly wasn't given a last meal or a chance to speak to clergy... she was given a garbage bag and a shallow grave. It's a disgrace that we'll pay for him to use our legal system for two decades while his victim's family continues to suffer.
    Every day that John Couey is alive is a disgrace to the memory of Jessica Lunsford and to this country.
  • rose of... tonnie 2007/07/14 08:21:51
    rose of texas
    +2
    I hate to be the one to advocate such a plan but they should put this killer in a garbage bag and bury him just as he did to Jessica. For those who helped him to cover up this crime are just as guilty as he is and should have been prosecuted. Perhaps they need to be placed in a garbage bag and buried to see how it little Jessica felt. I really have no sympathy for these animals, these low-life scum!
  • MIZ® ₱... rose of... 2007/10/03 23:54:10
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    The people who knew that Couey had Jessica weren't prosecuted? I thought they were.
    That is an outrage.
  • rose of... MIZ® ₱... 2007/10/04 21:00:55
    rose of texas
    No, sorry to say they were never prosecuted which I also consider that to be an outrage. I could never understand whey they were not prosecuted.
  • BRADY969 2007/06/10 21:43:57 (edited)
    Yes - Death Penatly
    BRADY969
    +1
    No reason for our tax dollars being used to help someone like this survive.
  • rose of... BRADY969 2007/10/04 21:03:18
    rose of texas
    I happen to agree with you on this Brady969. I hate for my tax money being used for people like this monster.
  • sweetpeachie 2007/06/10 20:41:00
    No- Life in Prison
    sweetpeachie
    What a sick man. He should be imprisoned, and his cell mates should decide what to do with him. I would say the death penalty, but an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. Let him rot in general population for the rest of his natural life.
  • BRADY969 sweetpe... 2007/06/10 21:44:51
    BRADY969
    +1
    Then our tax dollars go to help take care of his medical problems :-(
  • sweetpe... BRADY969 2007/06/13 13:27:25
    sweetpeachie
    I hear you loud and clear on that one. But what makes that different than him sitting on Death Row for what could be the rest of his life? It takes years for most to actually see the end of their time, while they still sit there and rot. Maybe a nice inmate would put him out of his misery in gen. population. So, either way, it'll be a long stint for him in prison whether he's in general or on Death row. Sad, but true.
  • BRADY969 sweetpe... 2007/06/13 13:43:16
    BRADY969
    Good point...if it was a given he was murdered...I'd be for it!
  • tonnie BRADY969 2007/06/13 22:23:09
    tonnie
    I hadn't thought of that!
    I'll bet taxes even pay for his anti-depressant medication. . . what a country! You're understandably depressed, 'cause you've gone and killed a little girl after molesting her for three days, so the government sets you up with medicine so you won't feel so very badly. . .
    Because God knows, we wouldn't want him to FEEL bad, would we?
    Unbelievable!
    Excellent point.
  • BRADY969 tonnie 2007/06/13 22:26:41
    BRADY969
    Thanks man.
  • Valkyries "In God We Trust" 2007/06/09 15:02:46
    No- Life in Prison
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    +1
    Let him spend his time in general population, where he will be raped and beaten and then they will kill him.

He deserves to DIE, but very slowly and painfully.
  • Danny 2007/06/05 21:26:55
    No- Life in Prison
    Danny
    Just get him away from society, by any means.
  • Sara 2007/05/31 16:03:16
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Sara
    +1
    i don't want to have to feed and house this slime for the rest of his miserable life. i don't care that he has psychiatric issues. he is a repeat offender, and has demonstrated no true remorse. burn him at the stake. i also believe her parents should have the final say. if they believe in pity, their judgement is above all others. if they want to keep his nuts in a jar on top of their mantle, SO BE IT.
  • John 2007/05/30 20:57:46
    Life in Mental Institution.
    John
    I think the courts need to open more psychiatric prisons where ANYONE who claims insanity goes...where they are around truely crazy people who are not as medicated as they might need to be and where they litterally are punished for the crimes they have committed with physical abuse that is displayed on them.
  • ladybug 2007/05/29 22:32:47 (edited)
    No- Life in Prison
    ladybug
    +1
    LIFE... in general population, this guy will be tortured over and over and hopefully his cell mate, "Bubba" will rape him on an hourly basis. He was faking his "mental" plea by coloring in a coloring book, instructed by his lawyers. This sicko needs to be buried alive just like Jessica. I'm all for the death penalty, too. Nothing could be bad enough for this freak of nature.
  • Debra 2007/05/26 18:07:22
    Yes - Death Penatly
    Debra
    +2
    we are too lenient on sex offenders. They should be put to death right after they are found guilty. They don't change, no matter how much counciling that they get. I have no mercy for sex offenders. I was raised by one and he never changed. They keep doing it given the chance. If they get life in prison, it should mean life in prison and never see outside the walls of a prison. I am for the death penalty for them. When they commit horrible crimes like raping a killing little kids they don't deserve any rights whatsoever. I am so tired of hearing about the rights of prison inmates. When they commit violent crimes they should no longer have any rights. They are taken care of all too nicely in prison.

2014/07/25 16:07:08