Should computers replace teachers?

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/03/26 05:59:06
Related Topics: Style, School, Unions
We should change the way we teach our children and teens
No I want Teachers not computers teaching children and teens
yes computers should replace teachers
With all the problems today with Teachers unions and Failure of Schools to properly Educate Children and Teens
and Virtually all Teenagers have access to computers
Should we just Do Away With the School System All together and go a completely Differant Approach?
Think about the amount of money we would save
no more schools or teachers or union demanding more money and less work
what do you think is this the future

Many aspects of our educational system are outmoded. For example, the practice of giving lectures at university is really a relic of the Middle Ages when the technology of printing had not yet been invented.

With the present wide use of computers, in the course of teaching, more and more teachers are in favour of using computers as an aid in teaching their students or in appropriating the latest information from the Internet.

How about home Schooling online for all Children and Teens?

• abycinnamon BN-1 2011/03/26 06:34:40
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +4
    Teachers provide more than just knowledge. They provide emotional support, provide screening for problems, help with social skills, and provide a level of interaction a computer cannot. Computers are also not good for all kids - many are not able to sit in front of a screen forever. Varying how the input is made, refocusing attention are all techniques that a teacher can use based on the mood and tone of a class. Also discussions can be valuable.

Computers are great supplements, but not replacements.

• cutter's falls 2011/03/26 12:28:21
  • mrdog 2011/03/26 11:53:37
    mrdog
    Computers...hello...why public schools...kids stay home and learn by computer...saving money opening schools... problem it will not work.... teachers...must teach 3Rs...in a big way..... we need them.... good ones too... parents come first in teaching kids..but teachers are second and very very important for all American children... bark
  • Do0da..♥ 2011/03/26 11:05:28
    Do0da..♥
    noway computers can't deliver information to students
  • Sing.1497 2011/03/26 09:15:11
    yes computers should replace teachers
    Sing.1497
    They don't even teach, they just sit there. All they really do is embarass us and bring our self-esteem way down.
  • ray Sing.1497 2011/03/26 11:24:07
    ray
    So if that teacher was tossed, replace that one with a eloquent, skilled teacher and 30 students ( limits one on one teaching) as opposed to computer drills/ pictures/ lectures/ exercises. Which would you prefer? Then which do you think would be the more demanding?
  • Sing.1497 ray 2011/03/26 11:34:45
    Sing.1497
    Eh idk I've heard u don't learn as much technologically, so probably the teach.
  • ray Sing.1497 2011/03/26 11:44:36
    ray
    Have you ever tried to learn ( take a class ) from a computer without any teacher?
  • Sing.1497 ray 2011/03/26 12:57:20
    Sing.1497
    No. Idk if it's true but I heard about it from I think my assistant principal....idk someone told me that! Lol.
  • ray Sing.1497 2011/03/26 16:00:02
    ray
    I think that the teacher ( a good one ) is best. Would you like to take a short course to give an opinion on computer learning?
  • Hsmagst 2011/03/26 08:17:34
  • WeasleyIsOurKing 2011/03/26 07:58:37
    WeasleyIsOurKing
    They could probably hold a teenager's attention for longer.
  • XD 2011/03/26 07:57:36
    XD
  • MissJo 2011/03/26 07:40:45 (edited)
    MissJo
    From someone who has attended online school and has had a computer as a "teacher," NO!

Besides, as Arty has already said... it's NOT the teachers! They're doing the best they can with the little they got. They are underpaid and underworked, they DO NOT deserve the blame!
  • ray MissJo 2011/03/26 11:31:54
    ray
    Do you believe more cash in the teachers bank account improves their teaching skills?

What did you not like about the computer class?

Were you ever frustrated with a question which you wanted to ask, that was not in the computer program?

Would you think that a computer for the routine lectures / drills with a Flesh and blood teacher for individual attention would be superior ? Or should the traditional textbook and class ( with quality teachers ) be the better route?
  • MissJo ray 2011/03/26 19:22:33 (edited)
    MissJo
    +1
    I didn't staring a computer screen all day, I liked the interaction of an actual human being. I found it extremely boring just reading and clicking, there was nothing to hold my attention.

I personally like small classrooms where I can have one on one time with a teacher if I need it. One MUST keep in mind that every student is different and replacing teachers with computers is not a cure-all. We need to pay teachers more, lighten their work load so they can pay attention to the quality of their teaching instead of grading papers and stressing out about how little money they have.
  • ray MissJo 2011/03/26 20:21:12
    ray
    I was curious as to how you felt, I can only imagine that the computer could be used for limited amounts of time each week, but live educators are required.
  • MissJo ray 2011/03/26 20:30:11
    MissJo
    +1
    Exactly.
  • Arty 2011/03/26 07:39:27
    Arty
    +1
    teachers are NOT NOT NOT THE problem .. nor are the teachers unions TEACHERS ARE VASTLY UNDERPAID Repeat VASTLY VASTLY UNDERPAID .. what you are asking is to let the lunatics run the asylum
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 07:41:10
    MissJo
    +1
    Don't forget vastly overworked.
  • Arty MissJo 2011/03/26 07:44:16
    Arty
    +1
    AND NOT paid plus having to teach '''NEW INNOVATIVE'' programs that don't work and we change horses at mid stream and get blamed for its failure and the producers get the money and the teachers don't get any raises
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 07:48:46
    MissJo
    +1
    Plus with higher standards on education.

Really, teachers aren't some robot that can do a limitless amount of work on a little budget. We're expecting WAY too much out of them for what we're giving them. I would consider the teachers victims in this whole mess.

You'd THINK we'd be showing them a little more support, considering the nation's future generations are in their hands. But we instead we blame them and punish them even more, that is so sad.
  • Arty MissJo 2011/03/26 07:52:50
    Arty
    +1
    as much as i miss the classroom i am very happy to be retired at this time
    my EVALUATION is the 40 or so former students who sought me out on facebook and my my century !! love them so it tells me I had impact and did a hell of a job
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 07:56:31
    MissJo
    +1
    You were a good teacher then, and it is good you are retired. I make friends with the majority of my teachers, they've told us (outside the classroom, of course) how the district teachers them. How they fall asleep grading papers, have to pay for supplies the district is supposed to be paying for out of their own pocket, how they keep getting more and more students, and how they're too stressed and overworked to really concentrate on the quality of education even though they want too.
  • Arty MissJo 2011/03/26 08:00:15
    Arty
    +1
    and they send us the ''crazies'' and you have to spend most of your time controlling the little beasties and their parents from hell (usually mom) but some dads are real freaks too ... as i think of it I was an awesome teacher SCIENCE was and is my PASSION
  • Arty Arty 2011/03/26 08:01:16
    Arty
    YOU KNOW I could use some raves from yo I raved you every time
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 08:02:26
    MissJo
    +1
    I've raved you every time?
  • Arty MissJo 2011/03/26 08:02:54
    Arty
    oh
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 08:03:33
    MissJo
    +1
    Ooh... never thought of the parents. I can see where they would be a stressor.

Science is an insanely fun class :D
  • Arty MissJo 2011/03/26 08:07:57
    Arty
    +1
    over the years i dealt with many parents from hell and my Science lessons were awesome I won many awards for that prominently from the NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION I just missed going to Washington for it I LATER went as one of two teachers nationally for a confab on parent involvement
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 08:10:35
    MissJo
    +1
    Wow, congratulations!!
  • Arty MissJo 2011/03/26 08:15:43
    Arty
    +1
    much much notoriety i might send you my resume it got me a few knives in the back too envy is a cold bitch I was a custodian first and when i was going to school I had a higher GPA than any of the teachers at the school i was janitor at I didn't feel the knives until I got an involuntary transfer
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 08:21:44
    MissJo
    +1
    I'm sure they got their karma in the end for treating someone with as much credit as you claim like that (:
  • Arty MissJo 2011/03/26 08:25:00
    Arty
    +1
    some did but i had more supporters than detractors so it is ok really my head is held high
  • MissJo Arty 2011/03/26 08:27:59
    MissJo
    +1
    That's good for you, then! (:
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Arty 2011/03/26 16:10:09
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    its just a debate to talk about its not law or anything arty just chill its just something to talk about
  • Arty ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/03/26 21:33:27
    Arty
    well I am talking about the relationship of computers to live teahers
  • GOD 2011/03/26 07:29:28
    yes computers should replace teachers
    GOD
    why not it replaced parents in a lot of homes
  • Destiny 2011/03/26 07:15:58
    Destiny
  • FoxFairy 2011/03/26 07:11:29
    FoxFairy
    +2
    Kids need the interaction with adults during the day that only teachers can provide...it is not just about teaching academia it's about making them good citizens. So many household are divided in two, with both parents working, they rarely get enough of it at home anymore. They already are plugged into computers, television, cell phones, MP3s, handhelds and console systems way more than they should be, why the heck would we make it an all day thing, that is nutts.
  • S. Gompers 2011/03/26 06:52:55
    S. Gompers
    +1
    If kids won't listen to a teacher now, they sure won't listen to a computer. Many parents are more interested in school as a babysitter these days verses being concerned with the education of their child. Education starts in the home, if the parents do not care, neither will the child.

2014/09/02 14:47:18