SHOULD CHARLES MANSON BE GRANTED PAROLE?

Tigger Too 2012/04/06 10:00:50
Yes, he's too old now to hurt anybody else.
No, he should stay in prison for the rest of his life.

Charles Manson has a parole hearing next week, and the California Department of Corrections has released a photo of the notorious 77-year-old murderer. CNN published the photo, taken at Corcoran State Prison in June. Before that, the most recent known photo of Manson was from three years ago. As CNN pointed out, photos of prisoners are taken "when they are transferred to other prisons or medical facilities or, in the case of Manson, when an inmate's appearance changes." In the photos, Manson appears with long white hair, beard and the infamous swastika on his forehead.

Manson's parole hearing is scheduled for April 11th. He has been denied parole eleven times since being sentenced to death for the murder of actress Sharon Tate, her unborn baby and four others. In 1971, Manson was found guilty of ordering the killings. Manson's death sentence was commuted to life in prison in 1972, when California's death penalty was overturned.

After over four decades in prison, should Charles Manson be granted parole?
CHARLES MANSON

• prosperhappily 2012/04/11 18:33:11
    prosperhappily
    +2
    After what he's done?

No, his punishment should last until his final breath.
  • Tigger Too prosper... 2012/04/12 05:47:32
    Tigger Too
    +1
    It's too bad that prisons were modernized, with rehabilitation and touchy-feely treatment and too much comfort for inmates. Some of these scumbags are living large, even being better off than some honest, decent, hardworking citizens. It's disgusting and shameful. Thanks for your comments, prosperhappily! [BTW, I'll relate this little tidbit of information about one of the Manson Family killers. Charles "Tex" Watson, considered to be the most sadistic and brutal of those who participated in the Tate/LaBianca murders, was allowed to marry in prison in 1979, and he managed to father four children, thanks to the liberal conjugal visits he got with his wife. I wonder who's taking care of THOSE kids. We can be 99% sure that the government [i.e., the taxpayers] is supporting them via welfare benefits. Doesn't THAT information make your skin crawl? Yikes.]
  • prosper... Tigger Too 2012/04/12 15:58:23
    prosperhappily
    +1
    Yes, it makes me sick that that someone who's in prison for murder gets conjugal visits.

I don't know much about the comforts or lack thereof in prisons. So, I'll take your word for it.
  • Tigger Too prosper... 2012/04/12 18:57:24
    Tigger Too
    Yes, this monster virtually slaughters seven innocent people, but not only is the creep permitted to marry while in prison, he got to screw his wife on a regular basis. That just makes me see red.
  • prosper... Tigger Too 2012/04/12 21:02:47
    prosperhappily
    +1
    I don't like it either.
  • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2012/04/11 02:26:30
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    +1
    He's a monster and should be kept caged like the animal that he is.
  • Tigger Too studiob... 2012/04/11 18:17:04
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I agree. Thanks for your response, studiobrat!
  • studiob... Tigger Too 2012/04/12 02:35:09
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    +1
    You're welcome, Tigger!
  • boyd868b 2012/04/11 01:14:56
    boyd868b
    +3
    yep at the end of a rope
  • Tigger Too boyd868b 2012/04/11 18:18:42
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I agree. Thanks for your response, boyd!
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/04/11 01:02:17
  • Tigger Too POWERSH... 2012/04/11 18:31:36
  • POWERSH... Tigger Too 2012/04/11 19:22:27
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/04/10 23:57:33
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +2
    He's nutty as a fruitcake, leave him where he is.
  • Tigger Too Aqua Su... 2012/04/11 18:34:14
  • Gooky 2012/04/10 17:45:29
    Gooky
    +2
    Rot in.... hell
  • Tigger Too Gooky 2012/04/11 18:37:56
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I think we can all rest easy knowing that Satan has reserved a special, hotter corner of Hell for Charles Manson when he finally kicks the bucket. (And he can't die soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.) Thanks for your response Gooky! (Awesome picture of Hell, BTW!)
  • Gooky Tigger Too 2012/04/11 18:56:52
    Gooky
    +1
    You're welcome,Tigger Too.
  • Patsy 2012/04/10 17:44:04
    Patsy
    +1
    I don't agree with the stay in prison for life, he should have been executed. Of course we are talking about California.
  • Tigger Too Patsy 2012/04/11 18:48:55
    Tigger Too
    Actually, California cannot be blamed for the fact that Manson is still alive and kicking. He, along with his followers who committed the Tate/LaBianca murders, WERE originally given death sentences. Subsequently, the Supreme Court declared the death penalty was "cruel and unusual punishment," and thus unconstitutional. ALL death row inmates in ALL states had their sentences commuted to life in prison. Unfortunately, after the Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty, NONE of the criminals originally sentenced to be executed were retroactively put BACK on death row. That stinks, doesn't it? Anyway, put the blame on the Supreme Court's ruling, not any lack of effort on the part of California to execute these monsters. Thanks for your comments, Patsy!
  • Patsy Tigger Too 2012/04/21 20:01:11
    Patsy
    +1
    Thank you for the information. I haven't been keeping up obviously.
  • Tigger Too Patsy 2012/04/23 18:08:45
    Tigger Too
    +1
    No problem, my dear. You may be interested to know that Connecticut has repealed the death penalty in that state. When the Supreme Court ruled it cruel and unusual punishment, and thus unconstitutional, back in 1972, all inmates awaiting execution in all 50 states had their sentences changed to life without parole. The new repeal in Connecticut will affect all FUTURE criminals, making the most serious penalty life without parole. The 11 people currently cooling their heels on death row WILL be executed, pending appeals, and are not subject to the law's repeal. The reason I was interested in this was because the two monsters who perpetrated that home invasion attack in 2007, raping and killing a mother and her two daughters, richly deserve to be executed, the sooner the better. According to Connecticut's repeal of the death penalty, they will NOT be spared. Woo-Hoo!
  • Patsy Tigger Too 2012/04/23 21:24:21
    Patsy
    +1
    Very good!
  • Firefly 2012/04/10 17:35:02 (edited)
    Firefly
    +3
    Guess I wonder how / why he is even still alive ?

Between capital punishment, and fellow inmate punishment,

I'm rather amazed and somewhat mortified that he is still sucking air ~

Do we need to risk letting him loose ? I'm sticking with the word 'mortified' above...
  • Tigger Too Firefly 2012/04/11 18:51:04
    Tigger Too
    +1
    At this point, the best we can do is hope that Manson dies soon. (And he can't die soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.) Thanks for your comments, Firefly!
  • Firefly Tigger Too 2012/04/11 19:17:31
    Firefly
    +1
    My pleasure ~

Thank you for your post,

which re-instilled necessary awareness

to many, many people who take heart to this issue...

Peace to You ;0 )
  • Selketskiss 2012/04/10 17:29:13
    Selketskiss
    +1
    He is a wackadoodle....
  • Tigger Too Selkets... 2012/04/11 18:52:02
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Yes, Manson is indeed a basket case. Thanks for your response, Selketskiss, and have a wonderful day!
  • Selkets... Tigger Too 2012/04/11 19:42:21 (edited)
    Selketskiss
    +1
    Great Camouflage right...LOL

white tiger
  • Tigger Too Selkets... 2012/04/12 05:53:57
    Tigger Too
    +1
    That would make an excellent picture to hang on my wall!
  • EdWhiteSpace 2012/04/10 03:29:06
    EdWhiteSpace
    +3
    No. They tried that already. He was a career criminal and when they let him out, people paid with their lives for it, butchered in the LA hills. I don't even think Manson wants to get out; he has no skills, has no worth, and gets 3 meals a day and a roof now. He's an animal that cannot survive outside the zoo he put himself in, and the public should not have to deal with him ever again. He should rot right where he is.
  • Tigger Too EdWhite... 2012/04/11 18:56:31
    Tigger Too
    +1
    It's true that Charles Manson was a career criminal, but unfortunately, he never committed any crimes serious enough to lock him up for long. (Ah, hindsight's 20/20, isn't it?) I think it totally sucks that the California taxpayers still have to foot the bill for this creep to have three hots and a cot. I agree that Manson is exactly where he needs AND deserves to be. Thanks for your comments, EWhite37, and have a beautiful day!
  • Rebecca 2012/04/09 17:03:15
    Rebecca
    +3
    He should have gotten the death penalty.
  • Tigger Too Rebecca 2012/04/11 19:02:37 (edited)
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Manson and his crew WERE originally sentenced to death. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court decided the death penalty was unconstitutional, so all the creeps sitting on death row dodged a bullet when their death sentences were commuted to life in prison. IMO, this was TOTALLY unfair to the California taxpayers, who must continue footing the bill for monsters like Manson to get three hots and a cot. I totally agree with you, that if ANYBODY ever deserved to take a ride on Old Sparky, it's Manson and his followers. Thanks for your response, Rebecca, and have a beautiful day!
  • Rebecca Tigger Too 2012/04/11 20:10:17
    Rebecca
    +2
    Sorry, but it is not IMO totally fair to the taxpayers. Why should we have to foot the bill for this creep for the rest of his life? Why are we responsible for the heinous crimes he "committed"? The answer is: We aren't. I can see that money being put to better use. You have a great day too, Tigger.
  • Tigger Too Rebecca 2012/04/12 06:00:01
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Oops! That was a boo-boo (typo) on my part. I meant that it was UNFAIR to the taxpayers to have to support Manson's worthless ass until the day he dies. [Can you believe that this scumbag has polluted the world and continues to breathe the same air as decent society for 77 years now? This creep can't die soon enough, as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, thanks for keeping me honest! I edited my post to correct it. Mea culpa!
  • Rebecca Tigger Too 2012/04/12 11:23:27
    Rebecca
    +1
    I wondered if it was a typo. For the life of me, I can't and probably never will figure out what the purpose of this guy's life was.
  • Tigger Too Rebecca 2012/04/12 18:59:58
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I guess even God throws society a curveball every now and then. Let's just be thankful that a vile, purely evil human being (if he even IS human) like Manson only comes along once in a generation or so.
  • JonDeniro 2012/04/09 16:57:46
    JonDeniro
    +1
    I'm not sure he ever belonged in prison. As far as we know, he never killed anybody, and he appears to be quite insane. On the other hand, it would be an unacceptable risk to society to turn him loose.
  • EdWhite... JonDeniro 2012/04/10 03:30:41
    EdWhiteSpace
    +1
    He commanded others to kill and was found hiding from police because he knew it was wrong. All killers are insane, but if they know it is wrong and do it anyway, they are not legally insane and are responsible for their actions. His actions and 'leadership' got people killed and he needs to stay locked away so it doesn't happen again.

2014/10/31 05:05:34