Should an openly gay christian man continue to work at Chick Fil-A ( he's a Manager for 4 years )

True~Male 2012/07/27 20:06:39
Man works openly gay at Chick Fill A -- but corporate headquarters has threatened to fire him if he doesn't keep his mouth shout regarding his homosexuality at the work place. Man must now decide what is more important being honest or being hateful

• darcie lamar 2012/07/27 20:50:35
    darcie lamar
    +10
    If the guy is happy, let him stay. There are many gays that are against same sex marriage. I hope he works hard and gets a raise.

• ✞Knight of Honor 2012/10/02 23:34:40
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Depends on if he has homosexual intercourse.

If yes, he's not a Christian by basic definition.

If no, then he should continue working there. All religions teach that the action of homosexual intercourse itself is wrong; attractions are irrelevant.
  • True~Male ✞Knight... 2012/10/03 03:47:45
    True~Male
    +1
    What about Masturbation?
  • ✞Knight... True~Male 2012/10/03 21:16:28
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Masturbation is usually recommended against; if done, fantasizing about having sex with your married wife (or fictional wife if unmarried) is recommended to give you the correct state of mind.
  • True~Male ✞Knight... 2012/10/04 03:56:25
    True~Male
    What about masturbating while watching gay porn on DVD ? LOL? No that's not allowed either ?? I do have some gay porn to masturbate to ( LOL )
  • ✞Knight... True~Male 2012/10/04 05:08:37 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "What about masturbating while watching gay porn on DVD ? LOL? No that's not allowed either ?"
    -Like I said, it is recommended against. Masturbation habits over time actually psychologically influence what you find sexually attractive. For example, if you kept masturbating to pictures of feet, you'd get a foot fetish. That's the theory; masturbating to women makes you attracted to women.
  • True~Male ✞Knight... 2012/10/07 12:56:43
    True~Male
    Hogwash --That is idiot talk !!
  • ✞Knight... True~Male 2012/10/07 18:00:01
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Why do you ask if you're just going to insult me and my religion?
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/08/04 14:06:04
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    Many gays couldn't care less about gay marriage. It is just the Marxist extremist. I seriously doubt if the fellow is a good manager anyone is threatening to fire him.

However, politics in the workplace can cause problems.
  • Racefish 2012/08/04 13:50:03
    Racefish
    +1
    Just because your boss doesn't believe in gay marriage, why would that cause him to quit? I think it would be a stupid move.
  • DavidK 2012/08/04 06:53:30
    DavidK
    Depends on how secure he is towards himself. He's got to remember who signs his paycheck! Common sense is to stay out of it, do your job or let that cashier gal who did such a great job with Adam Smith, former CFO of Tucson's Vante Inc., take over! That fool was fired after viral video of him insulting and interrogating a young Chick-fil-A drive-through worker. 'I'm a nice guy by the way, and I'm totally heterosexual,' he's heard to say. Friends and family believe otherwise..........
  • Gwen 2012/08/03 23:52:09
    man should allow chick-fill A to fire him so he can sue them for discrimination
    Gwen
    +2
    ...and then lose the lawsuit...if he is "shouting" at work....lol....about anything......about being gay.....whatever.........well then..he is clearly unhinged, and a threat...."being honest" ???.....ie: hey mam' I see that you are overweight and shouldn't have these waffle fries...but you have yourself a nice fat day.....or...I hate my job...and I need to tell you the customer about my feelings....which are more important that serving you as a customer.....as you can see...I am just being honest....
  • DavidK Gwen 2012/08/04 06:55:47
    DavidK
    They wouldn't have to fire him! He's quit first. Either way he wouldn't get on Obama's extended stay unemployment package! Wouldn't be eligible if he got fired or quit!
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/08/03 23:30:43
    TruBluTopaz
    If he wants to work there, work there. If not, quit. Trying to entrap any company for discrimination is wrong. If he's a bad employee and doesn't abide by the work expectations, then he deserves to be fired. Can you PROVE this happened? Or is this just some hot air being blown?
  • Centurion~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/03 23:18:06
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    All things considered, he ought to be thankful that the company has given him a job, kept him on for at least four years and has even promoted him to manager. That says a lot for the allegations of "Intolerance" doesn't it?

After four years, I'm still in the lowest level of a profession dominated by liberals.

And I have bitten my tongue more times than I can remember.
  • jasmine1 Centuri... 2012/08/05 17:17:01 (edited)
    jasmine1
    +1
    I have a friend whose son is in the entertainment industry. She said he told her he has to espouse liberal views in order to work. Why no publicity about this? Several years ago one of the best movies of the year, Gran Torino, didn't even get a nod at the Academy Awards. Could it be that Clint Eastwood is a conservative.... When the movie Atlas Shrugged Part One was made the actors were afraid they would never get work again. Why no publicity about the entertainment industry. We all know this policy exists yet no one is doing anything about it. I for one, will not pay to see certain actors for their part in this policy. I will only watch their movies on network TV.
  • Centuri... jasmine1 2012/08/06 05:57:14
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Gran Torino was an awesome movie. My wife and I own a copy which we watch from time to time and use it as a tool to help exchange students when classmates are giving them hell.

We were looking for a copy of Atlas Shrugged just a few hours ago, none available.

I'm not in the entertainment industry (except when I play my bagpipe) but I make it a point to patronize movies and actors which take a conservative stand.
    +2
    Talking about ones sexual habits is frowned on in nearly every organization - it can come in under the area of sexual harassment - heterosexuals have been fired all over the US for discussing sex at the office. the key is do the co-worker(s) object to the sexual discussions and the stats say 'yes they do'

Hetrosexuals operate under the same rules - no talking about sex at work. Seems to me ones private and personal life should remain so - has nothing to do with the work place
  • Deep007 2012/08/03 22:12:12
  • True~Male Deep007 2012/08/14 00:42:12
    True~Male
    Never --but I know many gay that do !!! Most gay conservatives can tell the truth
  • None 2012/08/03 20:38:34 (edited)
    Man should quit
    None
    +1
    He should keep his mouth shut , quit, or get canned ! Why in the hell does anyone need to tell customers his sexual orientation....and it sounds like he is doing just that fairly often.

I don't think I have ever inquired, been told, or needed to know the sexual orientation of a sales person.

Give me my order, and not the personal details. I don't need to hear about wives, partners, or grandkids.

Sheesh........

Got a link ????
  • Deep007 None 2012/08/03 22:12:49
    Deep007
    Its a TOTAL lie
  • None Deep007 2012/08/06 13:01:24
    None
    +2
    LOL...must be True is a Dirty Harry sock. harry reid liar
  • True~Male Deep007 2012/08/09 03:50:22
    True~Male
    it is ??
  • True~Male None 2012/08/09 03:50:04
    True~Male
    He was saying "Welocme to gay chick fil A "
  • None True~Male 2012/08/13 13:40:12
    None
    +1
    Well...if that is the case they are well within their rights to warn, reprimand
    and then fire him if he does not comply.

Whatta mo !

Got a link?
  • True~Male None 2012/08/19 21:28:55
    True~Male
    No link , sorry
  • Bozette 2012/08/03 20:04:22
    Bozette
    +2
    Why should he quit? If he has worked there for four years, he obviously is giving a satisfactory job performance. If he actually has been told to keep his mouth shut regarding homosexuality, what is the problem? When one is on the job, they are there to do a job. They also represent the company while doing so. Is someone telling him he will be fired if he doesn't espouse biblical marriage? I highly doubt anyone who spoke of free love would be seen as doing their job and representing the company either. When one goes to work, it is to work, not to have a soapbox.
  • Deep007 Bozette 2012/08/03 22:14:53
    Deep007
    +1
    its NOT reals..its total BS...typical Gay/Liberal made up hypothosis to pull at one heart strings while playing you for stupid
  • Bozette Deep007 2012/08/03 23:03:16
    Bozette
    +1
    Please be a bit clearer on what you are stating...
  • texasred Bozette 2012/08/04 01:29:38
    texasred
    +1
    He's saying this post is by a gay person that is putting forth nothing more than a hypothesis for his own personal reasons. It's not real and this guy is nothing more than a gay jerkwad.
  • Bozette texasred 2012/08/04 03:08:23
    Bozette
    I don't even want to know how exactly you came up with that...
  • Barbara Hasler 2012/08/03 19:57:54
    Barbara Hasler
    +2
    Why not? The man has a job and a salary. His sexuality is his own business. To quit a job because the man who is paying you for your work does not believe in same sex marriages would be a stupid, juvenile action to take. There is a great deal of hearsay floating about the owner of the chain. Most of which, I am certain, is politically inspired. Where is the information about the corporate headquarters threatening him posted? If he is doing a good job and, as with any other employee, not engaging in sexual activities in the restaurant or while on the job, there should be no concern whatsoever about being fired.
  • Deep007 Barbara... 2012/08/03 22:15:17
    Deep007
    +2
  • Barbara... Deep007 2012/08/04 01:11:08
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    Deep007, you are a wise man! I purposely tried to avoid the possibility of a trap by stating my unbiased opinion. I hope I succeeded! I am weary of all the dirty politics going on at all time. Is there an honest man or woman anywhere that is not out to play "gotcha" all the time? I can't thank you enough for bringing this to my attention. I guess I am a fool to believe in honesty and integrity!
  • Deep007 Barbara... 2012/08/04 05:49:44
    Deep007
    +1
    everything with Liberals always comes to to BS...they use our honesty and integrity against us
  • Barbara... Deep007 2012/08/04 15:39:44
    Barbara Hasler
    I have a lot to learn! Thanks, coach! I am too naive. I have a tendency to take someone for his or her word.
  • Transquesta 2012/08/03 19:47:21
    Transquesta
    +1
    As long as management is respectful of his right to his own opinions, he should stay.
  • texasred 2012/08/03 19:37:20
    texasred
    +2
    I'm not undecided. He's worked there for 4 years. He openly gay. He's obviously done well. And, how do you know "corporate headquarters has threatened to fire him if he doesn't keep his mouth shout regarding his homosexuality at the work place..." I see no links here to corroborate your story. But, if it's true, no one is asking him to go into the closet. Just don't be politically motivated towards his customers.
  • Deep007 texasred 2012/08/03 22:15:26
    Deep007
    +1
  • texasred Deep007 2012/08/04 01:30:40
    texasred
    Typical liberal BS. I was pretty sure it was BS, but it's nice to know that you agree.

2014/11/20 20:59:54