Should all towns ban Satan ? It was done in Inglis Florida by Mayor Carolyn Risher in 1991.

PEEPL 2012/06/16 20:22:21
That was a great idea (details)
That's crazy (details)
Other (details)
In 1991 Mayor of Inglis Florida Carolyn Risher banned Satan from the town using an official town proclamation. She wrote up the proclamation on a Halloween season,. perhaps frightened by the Halloween season. She had the proclamation placed on the side of four roads leading into the town. Here is a funny Daily Show clip from the town and the from the Mayor describing the proclamation..
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-1-2002/satan-laws...
carolyn risher

• LostandUseless 2013/02/17 02:42:19
  • Chokmah 2013/02/14 01:38:55
    That was a great idea (details)
    Chokmah
    Great Idea! Ban Satan, promote Jaysus!

obama satan
  • Keegan The Fabulous 2012/09/30 22:44:02 (edited)
    That was a great idea (details)
    Keegan The Fabulous
    Makes for good comedy material.

While we're at that, why don't we ban Sauron, Melkor, Voldemort, the White Witch, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, and every other dark lord/lady that has ever been born from a mortal mind?
  • exhon2009 2012/06/24 04:17:07
    That's crazy (details)
    exhon2009
    Couldn't have a seat of government anywhere.
  • CircusFreak13 2012/06/20 06:48:28
    That's crazy (details)
    CircusFreak13
    It is just another religion like there's Buddhism and Catholicism and Judaism and so many more religions, I'm a LaVeyan satanist which does not worship Satan but sets your beliefs as believing in yourself and being your own god and it should not be banned its a religious preference.
  • goblue1968 2012/06/18 16:12:09
    That's crazy (details)
    goblue1968
    +1
    Lotsa luck keeping Satan away from any town where people live who want him there (Las Vegas, Hollywood, Atlantic City, Reno, Lake Tahoe, Chicago, Washington, D.C., etc.)!!
  • Flowers 2012/06/18 15:17:20
    That's crazy (details)
    Flowers
    I doubt satan can read english
  • carrotcat 2012/06/18 05:11:46
    That's crazy (details)
    carrotcat
    +1
    How in the universe is one supposed to "stop" Satan?
  • Flowers carrotcat 2012/06/18 15:19:14
    Flowers
    +1
    I'm sure that piece of paper was appropriately marked for Satan to recognize and obey LOL
  • carrotcat Flowers 2012/06/20 06:52:39
    carrotcat
    +1
    LOL. That's dumbest thing ever
  • Huntclan 2012/06/18 02:43:08
    That was a great idea (details)
    Huntclan
    Why not?

Would you prefer a sign welcoming in Lucifer?

"Sin starts here. Welcome Lucifer God of Hell... Bring your wrath upon us ingrates!"
  • Willie 2012/06/17 17:10:41
    That's crazy (details)
    Willie
    +2
    I love the pictures on the walls of her office: The Last Supper, and Elvis in a heart-shaped frame.

I bet her momma thought Elvis WAS Satan.
  • rawrimamoocow 2012/06/17 16:40:25
    Other (details)
    rawrimamoocow
    Perfect example of why i worship myself.
  • Thank you but no... 2012/06/17 16:22:45
    That was a great idea (details)
    Thank you but no...
    +2
    Fantastic idea. While she's at it could she also please ban The Riddler, The Tooth Fairy, The Grinch, and any other fatuously made-up entity?
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/06/17 14:17:53
  • TasselLady 2012/06/17 13:47:51
    Other (details)
    TasselLady
    It would be nice if we could. But unfortunately he's still at work trying to pull as many people down with him as he can. Only God has the power to totally destroy him, and he will when the time comes. When Christ comes back and the End of the World is near, Satan will be banished along with his demons (fallen angels) forever. As human beings we can't ban him. The only defense we have is having God in our hearts and our lives. He'll help us fight him to the bitter end until we no longer have to fight him.
  • Thank y... TasselLady 2012/06/17 16:25:48
    Thank you but no...
    +1
    If you could just point out a single individual whom Satan has pulled down, I'd be more inclined to listen. When I have asked this before, people have pointed to lots of evil and/or unfortunate people who have been tyrants, muderers, drug addicts and such, but have still not been able to show any proof at all that Satan is responsible, or that he even exists.
  • TasselLady Thank y... 2012/06/17 16:48:24
    TasselLady
    He's caused people to sin. Murder, rape, sexual immorality are just a few things that Satan has been instrumental in helping along. These are things which Satan will eventually be punished for as well as those who follow him. I don't have to prove anything. It's right in front of our faces.
  • Thank y... TasselLady 2012/06/17 17:03:50
    Thank you but no...
    +2
    Sorry, but no it isn't. All the things you talk about are caused by the moon. I don't have to prove it, it's right there in front of our faces.

Do you begin to see what I am getting at?

Bland assertions are not persuasive.
  • TasselLady Thank y... 2012/06/17 17:04:48
    TasselLady
    Then that's your opinion. You have a right to w hat you believe as well as I have a right to mine.
  • irish 2012/06/17 12:12:21
    That's crazy (details)
    irish
    +2
    LOL how do you ban a figment of your imagination?sounds as if they want an excuse to go after visitors who they don't like. witch hunt
  • KarenInKenoshaWisconsin 2012/06/17 11:35:03
    Other (details)
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    +1
    She's not only a nut, she seems to think she lives in a theocracy or something (what a freak). Evil exists but Satan doesn't exist in my theology. He's part of monotheism, Christian in her case, which she makes exceedingly clear.

Lol, regarding enforcing the ban. The video was powerfully funny.
  • Mikel_mad2002 2012/06/17 07:56:30
    That's crazy (details)
    Mikel_mad2002
    That won't stop Satan
  • William 2012/06/17 07:04:58
    That's crazy (details)
    William
    +1
    And just how would they ban a non-corporal entity?
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2012/06/17 04:55:37
    Other (details)
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    I think that it would be great if we could ban scatch....but he gets to roam free for now.
    I wish her luck.
  • trader 2012/06/17 04:47:06
    Other (details)
    trader
    +1
    Simple waste of time and energy also shows a lack of understanding.
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/06/17 04:00:59
    Other (details)
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
  • Flowers ~Hopele... 2012/06/18 15:21:06
    Flowers
    +1
    PERFECT!!
  • Soundstorm 2012/06/17 02:59:47
    That was a great idea (details)
    Soundstorm
    +1
    Sounds like a swell idea to me. That jerk's caused nothing but trouble since he turned that little lady's head with subversive notions way back when.
  • Dynasty Fighter 2012/06/17 02:50:53
    Other (details)
    Dynasty Fighter
    +1
    who cares important tired all the religious nuts
  • U-Dog 2012/06/17 02:49:32
    That's crazy (details)
    U-Dog
    +1
    Miss Risher does not sound like the type I would want to be stuck in "The Mist" with.-)
  • JanHopkins 2012/06/17 02:35:40
    Other (details)
    JanHopkins
    +1
    I'll bet old satan was whispering in her ear when she came up with that one.
  • clasact 2012/06/17 02:34:45
    Other (details)
    clasact
    +1
    dont really matter if you dont belive it him now dose it
  • Jiorgia 2012/06/17 01:05:40
    That's crazy (details)
    Jiorgia
  • HorseGal 2012/06/17 00:54:25
    That's crazy (details)
    HorseGal
    +2
    Ban Satan?? The only thing you can get away with is banning demons, and that will take a hell of a lot of iron and salt. ;)

So have fun with that crazies.
  • DFA 2012/06/17 00:32:41
    That's crazy (details)
    DFA
    +3
    That doesn't even make sense.

doesn t make sense
  • socokid 2012/06/16 23:12:35 (edited)
    That's crazy (details)
    socokid
    +3
    LOL

Ban nutcases from gaining office and I'll be impressed.

Until then...

EDIT: typo
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/06/16 23:02:23
    That was a great idea (details)
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +2
    Yeah, I'm sure it worked very well for them... She looks like a witch though...
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/06/16 23:00:12
    That's crazy (details)
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +3
    A fine use of taxpayer's money.
  • RoseyRhod 2012/06/16 22:43:54 (edited)
    That's crazy (details)
    RoseyRhod
    +2
    Do they really have to? Sounds like a damn waste of time and taxpayer dollars. What the hell year is this, 1612? I thought it was 2012.

What's next, burning witches at the stake?

There may be a powerful, non-corporeal being that people have dubbed "Satan," but it isn't bloody well likely to come strolling into any given town asking people to sign their name in blood on a dotted line and sell it their soul for eternity. People are capable of doing evil without any non-corporeal entity guiding them to do so.

This sort of thing is a slippery slope anyway. The fact of the matter is, the majority of people who call themselves "Satanists" are actually atheists who use theatrical trappings to piss off Christians. The Church of Satan, which was founded by Anton LaVey, does not advocate blood sacrifice.

People calling themselves witches do not worship either Jehovah/Yahweh or Satan. They worship nature and the spirits which embody the powers of nature. They don't sacrifice puppies at the full moon or molest children or any of the other things that they tend to get accused of.
    If I were Satan and I wanted to come to Earth, this is the first town I'd come to. I think that an entity which is purported to be an extremely powerful cosmic bastard would probably have a lot of fun picking on these...

If I were Satan and I wanted to come to Earth, this is the first town I'd come to. I think that an entity which is purported to be an extremely powerful cosmic bastard would probably have a lot of fun picking on these gits.

2014/10/20 22:59:41