Should Actress Ashley Judd Challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for His Kentucky Senate Seat in 2014?

ABC News U.S. 2013/03/11 09:00:00
Hating on people is an essential part of campaigns. There are groups dedicated to it; our political parties become almost entirely consumed with hating on people every two years. A lot of money goes into it. But when it comes to Ashley Judd, Republicans are pouring Haterade over the actress as if she had just won a bowl game.

Judd, a Democrat, may or may not challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the nation’s second-most-powerful Republican, for his Kentucky Senate seat in 2014, and the GOP has gone out of its way to make even the notion of such ambitions seem ludicrous.

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/03/repub...

• MS PRUD 2013/03/11 19:41:18
    MS PRUD
    +31
    That is all we need another performer instead of a worker in Washington D.C, She has no experience and look at what we got when we voted for someone with no experience. A person that campaigns when he should be working.

• Wolf 2013/03/17 16:05:29
    Wolf
    We need more mentally challenged people in this bloated Public Sector ---
  • Tom Trojan 2013/03/16 04:49:33 (edited)
    Tom Trojan
    Sure...... she looks better than Mitch McConnell...... and Bill Clinton may want to get back in the game if she is elected...... via Hillary of course.

but she is dumb as wood.... a perfect democrat candidate.
  • J.MaisOui 2013/03/15 07:30:45 (edited)
    J.MaisOui
    That guy looks like he should be committed,..or maybe he just pooped.
    -I mean,..he looks insane/ and she's stupid. I mean,-what difference does it make?!
    They just sit there anyway,and she'll look better in the suit.
    -We had that moron "terminator"-after all.Who cares?!
  • RubenRi... J.MaisOui 2013/03/15 16:04:17
    RubenRibnik
    LOL, NO, WE, did not have the terminator, only people in Ca did. And really, the current Gov of that state is a lot worse
  • brichards719 2013/03/15 04:51:43
    brichards719
    +1
    she has almost as much experience as mcconnell, because he filibusters everything and hardly even votes because nothing gets to the floor.
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2013/03/15 03:03:24
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +1
    sure why not?!! McConnel is about 100 years old....
  • RubenRi... Bob, th... 2013/03/15 16:01:37
    RubenRibnik
    she has the right, but age, you look close to his
  • beavith1 2013/03/15 02:13:36
    beavith1
    She's a nitwit...
  • RubenRi... beavith1 2013/03/15 16:01:00
    RubenRibnik
    +1
    she's the nit, not enough upstairs to have the wit
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2013/03/15 01:17:15
    sick'n'tired PWCM
    Sure. Why not?
  • DavidK 2013/03/15 00:19:19
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2013/03/14 23:45:58
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Sarah Palin was a Governor and they called her and her entire family everything in the world. Ashley Judd is a know nothing celebrity with ZERO experience in anything but singing. Ironically, it's only hate to liberals when someone opposes them! Hypocrisy abounds on the left!!!!
  • Leona Hill 2013/03/14 21:10:05
    Leona Hill
    If that's what she wants to do, it's her right.
  • lynn 2013/03/14 20:44:31
    lynn
    +1
    Ashley Judd is an actress and entertainer with an extremely radical liberal agenda. That, of course, doesn't disqualify her from anything save my own vote, but the fact that she has no experience or qualifications to serve in the senate does. She may run, and I'm sure she'll get some votes, she may even get a lot of votes, and she might even win. But if she does, those who voted for her will very likely be getting the same ineffective leadership as those who foolishly voted for Ritchie Farmer awhile back just because he had played basketball for UK. The only problem I see is, so will the the rest of us.
  • Adakin ... lynn 2013/03/15 01:59:41
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Lynn, as a Ky voter, I raved you, but you need to consider that Ronald Reagan was an actor and entertainer with an extremely radical conservative agenda, and he had no experiance at all in being a governor of a state, especially one as large as the People's Republic of Californiastan.

Not to defend her, but it is my understanding that Ms Judd has an MBA and is an asute businesswoman. That's something Democrats are sorely lacking. I voted 'yes' only because I don't like incumbent Bull RINOs, but I like Democrats even less. So in my case, the jury is still out... Thanks! AV
  • lynn Adakin ... 2013/03/15 06:33:22
    lynn
    +1
    Trust me, I'm no fan of McConnell myself, but there are a few things he's stood firm on which are very important to me personally as an American, and despite his being one of the prime examples of all that is wrong with American politics, I'd be more comfortable with him than I could ever be with Ashley. My hope is that the Republicans at least have a more honest candidate run in the primary. Unlikely, I know, but it's just a hope.

Thanks for the rave!
  • Gwen Adakin ... 2013/03/15 15:57:07
    Gwen
    +1
    I don't think she is all that bright...
    Certainly Kentucky can do better without Judd....and most likely without McConnell as well....the fact that she would even be a legit contender...is telling.

• RubenRi... Adakin ... 2013/03/15 16:00:23
    RubenRibnik
    +1
    Let see, was Regan also the Gov who brought Cali. out of bankruptsy after the current govenors father bankrupt it to hell?? Or are you old enough to remember that adakin,
    Hollywood today is the land of make believe, yesterday it had real people and HEROS, and Heroines. Judd, well like clooney and others will make violent movies of war and such, just will never themselves serve in any military
  • Adakin ... RubenRi... 2013/03/20 01:56:02
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Born in '61, so Reagan was the first President I could vote for. I do remember the peaNUT farmer from Georgia... Although I come from a Navy family and PresPeanut was a submarine commander, I just hope he did better driving a boomer than he did driving the U.S. Gummit! Thanks for the history update! AV
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2013/03/14 19:01:46
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    Seriously .........NO. LIB or CON ..........she's just a bit too 'spaced out', to be a serious candidate.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2013/03/14 18:55:27
  • DougE 2013/03/14 18:30:12
    DougE
    +1
    we don't need another one of these new age hollywood whacko's voting her/his feelings
  • Falcon 2013/03/14 16:58:50
    Falcon
    Absolutely!!!
  • Gwen Falcon 2013/03/15 15:58:46 (edited)
    Gwen
    and....people will get what they vote for....she seems to be a bit of an airhead...
  • Manster 2013/03/14 15:49:59
    Manster
    +1
    If she feels compelled to run for a political office, why shouldn't she? It worked out well for Fred Dalton Thompson,and Ronald Reagan.
  • lynn Manster 2013/03/14 20:47:16
    lynn
    Fred Thompson and Ronald Reagan had served in the political arena, one as a senator and the other as a governor.
  • Manster lynn 2013/03/14 21:14:15
    Manster
    +1
    And they moved to those positions after being actors!
  • mzemma 2013/03/14 15:37:31
    mzemma
    Heck yes! Go for it girl! She's got it on. We need more strong independent thinking women in Congress. I say go for it Ashley Judd... you are a winner. She'll kick some butt and get things done... and see that the hungry get fed.
  • Watermusicranger 2013/03/14 13:10:10
    Watermusicranger
    +1
    Why not
  • Sunnydaydreamer 2013/03/14 06:51:20
  • Lisa 2013/03/14 05:07:37
    Lisa
    What qualifies her to be a senator.. oh she is a liberal CLUELESS actress , excuse me. She has no clue what she is talking about and she and she is just another Liberal brainwashed fool. Her comments on comparing terminating a candidacy versus terminating a pregancy is downright stupid and offensive by mocking Rick Santorum. How can you campare an abortion to a Senate seat?

She is another Liberal stupid hack . Once a good actress now a puffy cheeked fool. Cheek implants anyone?
  • Austin 2013/03/14 02:51:08
    Austin
    No. Her politics suck.

How about you stay current by making a decent movie, not running for office.
  • rebeccasrevenge 2013/03/14 01:08:13
    rebeccasrevenge
    +1
    And I hope she wins by a landslide
  • ddd rebecca... 2013/03/14 02:02:08
    ddd
    Now do you want her to win, or McConnell to lose?

Remember your goal here, there could be better opponents.
  • Patrick... ddd 2013/03/14 20:56:03
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    They are both liberals. She's just further left than he is.
  • Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2013/03/14 00:24:29
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    I voted "Yes", but I have mixed views on this question. I'm mostly anti-incumbent, but I would lean toward having a GOP candidate win vs the Democrat win. I'm not that crazy about Mich McConnell as he is just another Bull RINO... been there way too long and needs to pack it in. But I would prefer that he loose a PREMARY election instead of a General against the opposing party.

Ideally, I would want another ideological Rand Paul running against McConnell in a primary. But then Ashley Judd's name recognition would stump the new comer that would have beat the well known McConnell, assuming that a new comer could beat him (especially given that he is the minority leader in the Senate.

But then, Ms Judd, DOES have an MBA in Business, but so are a lot of far left liberals that would support Obama's anti-capitalism, anti-coal EPA policies that would hurt a major industry in Kentucky.

If Judd ran as a Liebermann-esq moderate, maybe that would be okay... sorta... but she would still anchor the Senate with the Dems and keep Harry Reid from allowing any of the GOP bills to come to the floor for debate or vote.

So bottom line, I don't mind Ms Judd running, as long as the incumbent wins... which, again, is really against my nature. But McConnell may very well be the lessor of the two evils that would result from the Dems maintaining control of the Senate.
  • Adakin ... Adakin ... 2013/03/14 00:26:05 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Of course, if she would come out in favor of passing S-122, the FairTax Bill, I'm all for her! But I think that aint gonna happen... not for a Democrat under Harry Reid's thumb.

fairtax
  • Michael McFascist 2013/03/14 00:10:21
    Michael McFascist
    +1
    Yeah, I'm done with the turtle man...tired of lookin at him...get him out of there Ashley.
  • rich 2013/03/14 00:00:34
    rich
    +1
    Anybody would be better!
  • mae 2013/03/13 23:33:25
    mae
    Yes, she can run against McConnell if she wishes to, but he is firmly entrenched--good luck with that, Ashley.

2014/09/17 19:17:06