Should abortion doctors and nurses be allowed to have children?

Farnsworth 2012/03/11 06:20:57
Related Topics: Abortion, Doctor, Doctors
sure, they took an oath to do no harm
and pedophiles should own daycares
they are proven child abusers...I mean killers

• Cthulhu 2012/03/11 15:50:23
    Cthulhu
    +6
    For that matter should farmers own pets? They are proven animal killers.

farmers pets proven animal killers

• Jason Krajniak 2012/04/04 23:54:00
    Jason Krajniak
    +1
    I don't think so
  • rhstarr 2012/03/12 21:07:15
    sure, they took an oath to do no harm
    rhstarr
    I dont see why they shouldnt have their own kids. They are only doing their jobs.
  • SassySalsera 2012/03/12 05:01:01
    sure, they took an oath to do no harm
    SassySalsera
    +3
    What a ridiculous question. Performing a legal medical procedure and taking care of their patient has nothing to do with their own parenting abilities.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 14:10:23
    Farnsworth
    +1
    how can you be sure?

They apparently do not value human life.

It's only a "ridiculous question" because it tipped one of your sacred cows. Kinda hurts to think when most people just react...you reacted
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 15:00:39
    SassySalsera
    +1
    I don't have any "sacred cows". What I take issue with is blanket generalizations and judgments about people one hasn't even met.

Many people have to do some things they don't enjoy in their work. Its my guess that the doctors and nurses who work and provide these services do not enjoy it, but see it as a necessary part of their jobs. Their first priority is the patient. Have you met even 1 doctor or nurse that worked in that type of setting? Have you asked questions? You shouldn't judge others or what their motivations are.

Here is one nurse's story: http://realweb.ifastnet.com/a... I think you will find it is a lot more complicated than you make it seem.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 16:58:25
    Farnsworth
    +1
    gruesome.

and yet this person chooses to submerge herself in this practice.
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 17:08:03 (edited)
    SassySalsera
    +1
    Because she has compassion for her patients and realizes the importance of her work. Would you rather that the IV drug user she described deliver those babies while she used the entire pregnancy? There are many reasons people make the choice for abortion. It may not be the best idea in all cases but the truth is that they happen and are sometimes necessary to save a woman's life. Nurses and doctors who help these women are performing a necessary service. They have feelings and are people. There is no reason to think they can't or shouldn't have children of their own.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 17:16:26
    Farnsworth
    +1
    Then here is my idea for the IV drug user.

She has physical evidence of drug use, she has had several abortions, then it's time for sterilization.

My objections on abortion are this

Individual states should decide if they want to provide this "service", not forced by the feds
    it's not paid for by my tax dollars.
    Not used as a method of birth control.

While you can find all the sob stories you want, you know deep down that some women willingly walk in and have the baby aborted for no other reason than convenience. That is what I object to
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 17:30:26
    SassySalsera
    +1
    So you suggest eugenics? There is a fine line when you start sterilizing people and deciding who should and should not have children. Which is precisely the reason we should not outlaw abortion. Because a minority of people may use it in a way that is not agreeable to someone's personal beliefs does not mean that it should not be available. Eugenics is a serious matter and giving anyone the power to determine who should be procreating is dangerous. Are you a proponent of eugenics?
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 17:57:11
    Farnsworth
    +1
    The iv drug user is incapable of making responsible choices, so economically it makes more sense to sterilize her and save the cost of many more abortions over her reproductive lifetime.

In some cases, eugenics lite is a great choice.
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 18:40:16 (edited)
    SassySalsera
    +1
    Makes sense to who? The Hyde Amendment
    ( http://www.opencongress.org/b... ) already limits government funding of abortions to medical need, incest and rape. Your tax dollars do not fund abortions.

Eugenics lite? I think not. Do you know historically the damage eugenics has done? How do you think it would be policed? If you don't trust your current political leaders, how could you trust them to determine who should be born or not? Here are a couple of sites that talk about the history of eugenics. I don't see how it would ever not be an awful thing.

http://hnn.us/articles/1796.html
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/d...
    http://www.jstor.org/stable/3...
  • Flowers SassySa... 2012/03/12 18:47:25
    Flowers
    +1
    I don't trust ANY politician to have our best interests in mind, and I believe if eugenics was approved for situations like farns is talking about, it wouldn't be long before they found some sneaky way to apply it to other sections of populations. How are we to know what the future would hold? we have to assume the worst when it comes to governments, especially now that money equals power more then ever before.
  • SassySa... Flowers 2012/03/12 18:58:18
    SassySalsera
    +1
    Exactly. That is what the last link I provided is an article about Carrie Buck who was the first person that a court decided could be sterilized against her will to stop her from continuing a line of "imbeciles". Following that court order, other states followed Virginia's lead and 60,000 people were sterilized. The case is Buck vs. Bell, 274 US 200 (1927).
  • Flowers SassySa... 2012/03/12 19:08:21
    Flowers
    +1
    I see both sides. Unfortunately there are always going to be people who make bad moral choices and those choices effect others. In this case it's unborn children, but it's still a moral choice. We as a society can not start forcing morality on others without first considering the consequences of OUR actions as a result. Forced sterilization feels too much like playing god for my liking.
  • SassySa... Flowers 2012/03/12 19:10:31
    SassySalsera
    +1
    I agree and its so limiting for people to make the leap that someone who is pro-choice is also pro-abortion when the fact is whether I like abortion or not, I think it is a necessary service and we should protect people's right to do what they think is best. Whether they agree with me or not.
  • Flowers SassySa... 2012/03/12 19:17:49
    Flowers
    +1
    I feel pro-choice is more about freedom OF choice then it is about giving a "thumbs up" to unlimited abortions. That person makes a choice to do that, if it's repeatedly then that is something they will have consequences for; whether that is physical or spiritual is not my place to decide. I support choice because I wouldn't want some stranger telling me what to do with my life and my body. Pro-life comments always seem to focus on the unborn child, and their rights to make a choice but in reality they stop caring about that baby the second they are born. (not all, I don't think all do) I would rather see pro-lifers focus on helping child who are alive and abused or neglected get help then them focus all their efforts on a fetus who knows nothing of this world. How are they to know that spirit doesn't go to another womb? They don't
  • SassySa... Flowers 2012/03/12 21:46:19
    SassySalsera
    +1
    I agree whole heartedly.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 21:13:32
    Farnsworth
    +2
    but put a procedure in place to limit the irresponsibility of this addict is wrong.

Man, I'm just speechless...

congrats, that doesn't happen much, ask flowers
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 21:48:00
    SassySalsera
    It would be far more productive and helpful to offer treatment to the addict and help her with her illness. If we spent more time and effort rehabilitating people, there would be a lot less crime, abuse and drug use. Proactive means of helping people be mentally healthy.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 23:10:53
    Farnsworth
    rehabilitation is a fantasy.
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 23:20:07
    SassySalsera
    +1
    Actually, there are many addicts who are successful following rehabilitation. I have worked with substance abuse users and there is always hope for change. As a self described Christian, you should believe in rehabilitation as well. What about Paul? He was a rehabilitated man who hated and persecuted Christians. Who are you to say people cannot be rehabilitated? Why would you give up on people and not offer help?
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 23:23:27
    Farnsworth
    divine intervention.

Had a friend that worked in a halfway house. Guy was just about to get out when he told him the thing he couldn't wait to do was to stick a needle in his arm, after 5 years of being clean.
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 23:27:18
    SassySalsera
    So you doubt your God has the ability to rehabilitate people? You think there is no hope for some people to change? Sounds awfully judgmental to me. There are some people who struggle with addiction until they die and others who are rehabilitated and become productive members of society. Some of them become addiction counselors and help others.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 23:32:38
    Farnsworth
    no I don't, hence divine intervention.
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/12 23:36:12
    SassySalsera
    But you said ^^up there that rehabilitation is a fantasy. Is it? Or can your God choose to rehabilite a person? If so, then you cannot judge that they are worthless and should not ever have an opportunity to have a family if they are rehabilitated.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/13 02:47:58
    Farnsworth
    God can do whatever. I think for the most part rehab is a waste of time. My opinion.
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/13 04:04:35
    SassySalsera
    Interesting how you christian types like to preach to everyone yet can't practice even the simplest precepts of love for your fellow man, charity and taking care of those less fortunate. How sad.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/13 04:44:00
    Farnsworth
    I don't preach to anyone, I'm not qualified.

it's your type that paints with a broad brush
  • SassySa... Farnsworth 2012/03/13 04:52:14
    SassySalsera
    Then what do you call all this "slaughter of the unborn" "abortion is just plain wrong"? Ranting? Sounds a lot like preaching to me.
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/04/05 00:40:10
    Farnsworth
    If the left can preach, then so can I.
  • Flowers Farnsworth 2012/03/13 11:30:59
    Flowers
    I have a friend who would disagree. She was addicted to several different drugs at one time, lost custody of her baby but was able to get rehab and she has been clean for 10 years. I'm not Christian, so I don't really know who decides whether someone succeeds or fails at rehab but some must have to do with how strong emotionally the person is and how much they want freedom from the addiction. It is all chemical in the brain, so it depends on the level of damage too I think
  • Farnsworth Flowers 2012/03/13 12:47:37
    Farnsworth
    +1
    You are right of course...

But people tend to follow old habits. so the possibility is their.
    If your friend has overcome it and is living a better life, fantastic. Good for her, but I bet it's hard to battle those demons everyday.
  • Flowers Farnsworth 2012/03/13 12:58:33
  • Farnsworth Flowers 2012/03/13 13:06:46
  • Flowers Farnsworth 2012/03/13 13:51:54
    Flowers
    +1
    LOL! it's great insight into who you are Farns :)
  • Farnsworth Flowers 2012/03/12 21:11:36
    Farnsworth
    +1
    and preforming an abortion isn't playing God....

Just say'n
    Luv ya dear
  • Flowers Farnsworth 2012/03/13 11:32:28
    Flowers
    +1
    It's a topic I enjoy debating w you but understand that we may never agree Im okay with that :) luv ya too
  • Farnsworth Flowers 2012/03/13 12:50:23
    Farnsworth
    +1
    I know

I have lots of friends that dissagree, I just don't want to think I'm ever mad at you when we cross swords.

So "I luv ya" will always be included........if I can remember to do it that is
  • Flowers Farnsworth 2012/03/13 12:59:50 (edited)
    Flowers
    +1
    I appreciate that, Thanks for being my Friend! :)
  • Farnsworth SassySa... 2012/03/12 21:09:45
    Farnsworth
    +1
    soooo, it's OK to slaughter the unborn, but putting a physical limit on the woman her self is off the table???

LOL, wow. Just wow

(shaking head and throwing hands up)

2014/10/24 23:44:03