Should a married pair of disbarred lawyers be getting BIG bucks and luxurious vacations, while lawyers in good standing are earning as little as $10K yearly?

tncdel 2012/06/09 02:26:55
Please see this before listening to the video:
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/boston-law-firm-hiring-...

• gvc 2012/06/10 16:38:51
    NO [explain why not].
    gvc
    Thanks for the video....I like this guy!

The truth will come out about Obama, it's just a matter of time. When it does he won't need a Secret Service detail, he will be under 24 hours surveillance at Gitmo.
  • YouSirName 2012/06/09 23:27:27
    YES [explain why you think so].
    YouSirName
    The Obamas are not disbarred. Are you too ignorant or too lazy to verify your statements before putting out typical RWNJ lies?
  • gvc YouSirName 2012/06/10 16:34:55
    gvc
    +1
    They have both surrendered their Law License. An Attorney would only surrender their license if they were under investigation for a crime.
    You can look it up. Here let me do the work for you...
    http://www.iardc.org/ldetail....
  • YouSirName gvc 2012/06/14 20:31:58 (edited)
    YouSirName
    Wrong. See Linda's response. Just as physicians make their license inactive when they aren't practicing in a state anymore, lawyers do the same thing.
  • gvc YouSirName 2012/06/14 20:58:36
    gvc
    +1
    Not four years after you receive your license. You can get a license to practice law in another state....that is unless, of course. You can never practice law again.
  • YouSirName gvc 2012/06/14 21:02:22
    YouSirName
    Please show ANY evidence to back up this ridiculous claim. Neither of the Obamas have been disbarred. Neither had disciplinary action against them. You are simply, flat out, wrong.
  • gvc YouSirName 2012/06/14 21:11:34
    gvc
    +1
    Apparently you did not bother to read my comment. I said they both surrendered their Law License.
  • YouSirName gvc 2012/06/14 21:23:04
    YouSirName
    What is being discussed is whether the statement that the Obamas are "disbarred" lawyers is true. You come to the defense of this statement with your claim that only an attorney under investigation for a crime would surrender their license. But you have no evidence for this, because it isn't true.
  • gvc YouSirName 2012/06/14 21:27:52
    gvc
    +1
    Guess reading is not your best event. I was pointing out they both surrendered their license....that's why I said..."they both surrendered their license".
    Of course we will never know why they surrendered their license, because like everything else, the records don't exist.
    PS
    When I need YOU to interpret my comments I will let you know. I am pretty sure I know what I was thinking.
  • YouSirName gvc 2012/06/18 04:04:27
    YouSirName
    This is pathetic. I said you were wrong becuase you said that they surrendered their licenses BECAUSE they were under investigation for a crime. And now you cop out with the claim that you can't show any evidence because "the records don't exist."

I guess that proves my point. Bye.
  • gvc YouSirName 2012/06/18 04:51:21 (edited)
    gvc
    +1
    Ok retard....I asked a question, Learn to read!
    Neither can practice law. What that means and why, WE DON'T KNOW!
    From what I have read he lied on his bar application which is reason for disbarment. Personally I could care less, in a few months he will no longer be a factor. Nothing more than a bad memory and a lesson learned.

Bye
  • tncdel YouSirName 2012/07/05 14:45:14
    tncdel
    You, sir, are a masochist. Apparently you get your kicks out of publicly embarrassing yourself with inane ludicrous comments. Sad.
  • tncdel gvc 2012/07/05 14:43:47
    tncdel
    +1
    Nor did he bother to watch the video I provided which provides instructions on how to see the public record of the Obamas disbarred.
  • tncdel YouSirName 2012/07/05 14:42:26
    tncdel
    +1
    You've already established for us that it is a waste of time to show you evidence that the Obamas are disbarred lawyers. The video above not only affirms it, but also provides exact instructions how you and anyone else can find in public records confirmation thereof.
  • LindaM YouSirName 2012/06/11 20:24:18
    LindaM
    +1
    You are right YouSirName. I found this.
    "E. Supreme Court - Non-Disciplinary Action

In addition to activity in disciplinary cases, the Supreme Court entertains pleadings in non-disciplinary matters that affect an attorney's status. Chart 17 reflects the orders entered in such cases during 2000. With the amendments to Rules 756 and 770, adding an inactive status registration category and deleting Rule 770 court-ordered inactive status, effective beginning with the 2000 registration year, transfers to inactive status are now accomplished without Court order, and, therefore, are no longer reflected in Chart 17. As was true in 1999 when the rule amendments were announced, many lawyers who had transferred to inactive status under Rule 770 petitioned to return to active status under Rule 759, with the result that the number of petitions filed under Rule 759 was significantly higher for 1999 and 2000 than in past years. The transition stage will end during 2001, and there should be a significant drop-off in Rule 759 filings in future years. "

This is a verbatim quote from the ARDC Website, found at:

https://www.iardc.org/main_an...

To reiterate:

1) According to the ARDC, ALL lawyers who requested inactive status prior to 2000 had to obtain a court order in order to receive it.

2) The...

You are right YouSirName. I found this.

https://www.iardc.org/main_an...

To reiterate:

2) There are NO disciplinary actions against Michelle Obama.

3) Her license is listed as "VOLUNTARILY [emphasis is mine] inactive."

In other words, before 2000, any lawyer who wanted to go on VOLUNTARY inactive status had to get a court order to do so. Therefore, ALL lawyers who voluntarily became inactive - did so via COURT ORDER. There were NO disciplinary actions against Mrs. Obama. She is eligible to return to active status at any time by paying her fees and completing the continuing education required of all lawyers.

So, the ARDC's site indicates that her VOLUNTARILY inactive status came at HER request and was granted by a court order, as was ROUTINE before 2000.

NOTHING on their site says or implies that there was a disciplinary aspect to it.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why...
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/09 17:58:35
    NO [explain why not].
    HarleyCharley
    +1
    they are a disgrace....
  • frank 2012/06/09 17:44:17
    NO [explain why not].
    frank
    +1
    I don't think there is such a thing as an honest lawyer. Being a good lawyer does not make an honest one.
  • DJPanicDC 2012/06/09 08:23:45
    YES [explain why you think so].
    DJPanicDC
    If those are the benefits of the job the people voted for them to do
  • tncdel DJPanicDC 2012/06/09 13:52:24
    tncdel
    But they got the job by fraudulent means.
  • DJPanicDC tncdel 2012/06/09 13:57:39
    DJPanicDC
    No more so than every other president in my life.
  • tncdel DJPanicDC 2012/07/05 14:46:59
    tncdel
    Name one other president we have had with a fake birth certificate and / or a parent not a U.S. citizen besides Obama.
  • DJPanicDC tncdel 2012/07/10 16:08:21
    DJPanicDC
    Don't know about the birth certificate since no one has asked for one from any other president as to one with non citzen parents how abou Washington for starters
  • mwg0735 2012/06/09 06:52:40
  • SmittenKitten 2012/06/09 05:49:20
  • tncdel Smitten... 2012/07/05 14:48:43
    tncdel
    +1
    Involuntarily. She copped a plea bargain to avoid prosecution. Had you listened to the video and its instructions on where in public records you can find that out, you'd now not be embarrassing yourself as you are.
  • Smitten... tncdel 2012/07/10 16:19:03
  • Kane Fernau 2012/06/09 03:55:48
    NO [explain why not].
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Criminals
  • words to live by 2012/06/09 02:31:22
    NO [explain why not].
    words to live by
    +1
    What bothers me the most is paying the presidents a salary until they die. I'm opposed to them having secret service protection till they die. They do not work for me anymore. Cut their salaries and let them get a job.
  • MsTlynne words t... 2012/06/09 05:23:17
    MsTlynne
    +1
    Former Presidents no long receive life-time secret service protection:

The Secret Service provides lifetime protection for former presidents who entered office before January 1, 1997, and for their spouses. Surviving spouses of former presidents receive protection until remarriage. Legislation enacted in 1984 allows former Presidents or their dependents to decline Secret Service protection.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od...
  • words t... MsTlynne 2012/06/09 15:18:39
    words to live by
    +1
    Glad to hear that!

thanks
  • gvc MsTlynne 2012/06/10 16:37:01
    gvc
    The former President would have to decline the protection.

Doing so would not be in Obama's best interest, or any Presidents best interest if you ask me.
  • MsTlynne gvc 2012/06/10 16:56:07
    MsTlynne
    Presidents who entered office after January 1997 have no choice. They only get protection for 10 years after they leave office.
  • gvc MsTlynne 2012/06/10 17:42:43
    gvc
    Obama won't need it....no doubt he will flee the Country in Jan. Before the law catches up with him.
  • MsTlynne gvc 2012/06/10 18:31:53
    MsTlynne
    I hope your life depends on it.
  • gvc MsTlynne 2012/06/10 20:32:28
    gvc
    Back at cha !

2014/07/22 11:33:05