Shoe Throwing Becomes Form of Protest- Would You Throw a Shoe at Obaba if You were Face to Face with him?

MIZ® ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ † 2009/02/07 20:40:53
YES! Both of them!
Yes- but I wouldn't try to hit him- just send a message
No- That's disrespectful
Protester hurls shoe at Chinese PM during UK visit

CAMBRIDGE, England – A protester hurled abuse and then a shoe at China's prime minister Monday while he delivered a speech on the global economy at Cambridge University at the end of his trip to Britain.

The protester leapt up from his seat near the back of a crowded auditorium, blew a whistle and yelled that Prime Minister Wen Jiabao was a "dictator" before throwing the shoe toward the stage.

"How can this university prostitute itself with this dictator here, how can you listen...to him unchallenged," the man shouted.

Like the now-famous incident when an Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at former President George W. Bush in December, the gray athletic shoe missed its intended target.

Unlike Bush, Wen, who was standing on a stage behind a podium, did not need to duck. He merely paused for a few seconds before he continued with his speech. One of his aides quietly stepped on to the stage, picked up the shoe and took it away.

Security staff escorted the protester out of the auditorium. He was arrested and taken to a police station for questioning on suspicion of committing a public order offense, said police spokeswoman Shelly Spratt.

"The university is a place for discussion, debate and considered argument, not for shoe throwing," said Tim Holt, a university spokesman.

The shoe-throwing incident came at the end of a three-day visit dogged by demonstrations over human rights and Chinese policy in Tibet. Security was tight at the university and police kept a group of about 20 demonstrators away from the prime minister when he arrived for his speech.

Shoe throwing has become a globally recognized form of protest since the case involving Bush. Iraqi reporter Muntadhar al-Zeidi was scheduled to face trial in December on a charge of assaulting a foreign leader, but the court date was postponed after his attorney filed a motion to reduce the charges. He remains in custody in Baghdad.

• BOB 2009/03/11 18:11:13
    BOB
    I WOULD THROW A GAY MAN AT HIM WITH HIGH HEELS ON IN A PINK MINI SKIRT AND TELL OBAMA TO RUN BITCH RUN
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2009/02/08 21:32:25
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    But, only if the shoe fit...
  • Dickey 2009/02/08 16:26:32
    YES! Both of them!
    Dickey
    +1
    I would throw my shoes at Obutthead unless I had a turd handy, that would be better I think!
  • MIZ® ₱... Dickey 2009/02/08 22:18:14
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    LMAO at Obutthead - wasn't expecting that hehe
    and how are you gunna have a turd handy? You are too funny. But if you ever have a turd handy let me know so I can further my distance from you no matter what the situation lol
  • Dickey MIZ® ₱... 2009/02/10 01:18:07
    Dickey
    Ok I'll warn you beforehand! The question I have though is, If I throw a turd at Obutthead and it lands on his face would he or anyone else notice?
  • shadow 2009/02/08 12:33:16
    shadow
    +1
    I do not feel the need to throw shoes at anyone. That, in and of itself is a violent physical action that will not help anything.

As an adult with an education, when I protest anything, I use my big words, and do so verbally or in writing.
  • Adam 2009/02/08 02:42:52
    Adam
    You know, a little while longer with Obama as president, I may be able to afford shoes again.
  • True~Male 2009/02/08 02:38:39
    YES! Both of them!
    True~Male
    +1
    I've already ask this in an earlier poll ??? Stealing my idea's now --LOL
  • MIZ® ₱... True~Male 2009/02/08 08:48:28
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    lol I'm sorry! I didn't know- and I'm surprised. I thought this question was very original :o)
    You know- they used to have it so you could check for other similar polls before making one and they don't anymore.......
    No wonder not too many people are throwing shoes in here! How did yours do?
  • True~Male MIZ® ₱... 2009/02/08 20:13:58
    True~Male
    +1
    I know , I'm guilty of the same thing --No worries --I'm even guilty of posting my same question again after a few months --not remembering if I did or not .
  • MIZ® ₱... True~Male 2009/02/08 22:19:05
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    LOL that sounds like something I would do too
  • Bye! 2009/02/08 00:52:34
    Bye!
    +2
    I wouldn't waste a good shoe on him.
  • babyjazz "In my HEART I trust' 2009/02/08 00:30:59
    No- That's disrespectful
    babyjazz "In my HEART I trust'
    +2
    Also very immature. You'd probably get arrested for assault :P
  • MIZ® ₱... babyjaz... 2009/02/08 08:49:39
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    well look what happened to the guy who threw his shoes at Bush- he's being rewarded!
    But you're prob right- for Obama you'd get arrested.
  • babyjaz... MIZ® ₱... 2009/02/08 18:42:37
    babyjazz "In my HEART I trust'
    +1
    haha yeahh, you're right
  • Bill - Buffalo Soldier 2009/02/08 00:19:40
    No- That's disrespectful
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    I have great respect for the office of the president, and while I do not respect O at all, I would never throw shoes and would stop anyone who tried.
  • Yoda 2009/02/08 00:05:02
    Yoda
    +1
    No ,,,,,I want to give him a bit more time at his job so I can use something heavier!
  • MIZ® ₱... Yoda 2009/02/08 09:04:42
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1

...
    Yoda!! How are you!? I thought about you yesterday and wondering how you were!
    Reply soon I hope you will! lol ;o)
  • otter -Don't Look Down!! 2009/02/07 22:36:40
    No- That's disrespectful
    otter -Don't Look Down!!
    +1
    No...I couldn't.....I don't think I could do that to anyone.
  • MIZ® ₱... otter -... 2009/02/08 09:07:28
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    me either otter ~ I'd think about it though, and if I was upset enough and did throw it,
    I'd probably aim for his foot or something lol
    Who knows though- I guess it would have to depend.
  • otter -... MIZ® ₱... 2009/02/08 12:33:26
    otter -Don't Look Down!!
    +1
    Yeah! I have to say when I was writing my comment that I was strongly thinking about it too! But if it came down to it - I would probably chicken out:)
  • MIZ® ₱... otter -... 2009/02/08 22:25:29
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    LOL - this is the place to let everything out and feel better without actually doing it!
  • dj~Love God, family, and co... 2009/02/07 22:12:50
    dj~Love God, family, and country!
    +1
    No, I buy good shoes, and the secret service woudn't give them back. I doubt I would spit on him if he were on fire!
  • betz 2009/02/07 21:39:18
    betz
    +1
    My shoes are too expensive. I'd probably throw a small rock if I had one in my pocket.
  • Bob_N,- Saved and bold for ... 2009/02/07 21:16:39
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +3
    I wouldn't throw a shoe at Obuma unless it belonged to Rummy Emanuel, but I would like to shove my boot up his back side with my foot still in it.
  • corvett... Bob_N,-... 2009/02/07 21:18:31
    corvettesrock
    +2
    ROFLMFAO great answer!!
  • Brainfart " Bane of the Col... 2009/02/07 21:02:21
    Brainfart " Bane of the Collective "
    +2
    Obaba...? is that Juniors brother ?

Anyway..Just being able to get two Shoes off at Bush shows the level of Protection the Secret Service Gives...
    Good Luck Junior ..your going to need it..
  • MIZ® ₱... Brainfa... 2009/02/07 21:59:36
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    Sorry but Shadow gave me his stuffed-up nose!

shadow stuffed-up nose
  • Brainfa... MIZ® ₱... 2009/02/07 22:22:03
    Brainfart " Bane of the Collective "
    +1
    rotfl..
  • otter -... MIZ® ₱... 2009/02/07 22:37:47
  • Yoda MIZ® ₱... 2009/02/08 00:06:00 (edited)
    Yoda
    +1
    Are those "French" elephants?? Judging from what's hanging between his legs I would say they're not Jewish??
  • MIZ® ₱... Yoda 2009/02/08 09:09:15
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    LMAOROFL!!

2014/04/23 14:00:09