Seven-Bullet Capacity Limit in Proposed Gun Law: Is New York's Current 10-Bullet Limit Not Working?

Fef 2013/01/14 21:00:00
New York may pass a comprehensive gun law that will reduce the number of bullets in a gun magazine from 10 to seven. Those in favor of the gun control law believe that removing three bullets from a gun magazine will save lives.

NBCNEWYORK.COM reports:
A key New York Senate leader and the Assembly speaker said they expect the state Legislature to vote Monday to enact what would be the nation's first gun control measure following last month's...
gun show picture

Read More: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gun-Control-A...

• Georgia50 2013/02/06 18:00:54
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Georgia50
    +1
    Liberals are busy proving they're clueless about the crime problem. Exhibit A: they think it's a gun problem.

It's probably asking too much of them to conclude that their 60 years of defending hardened criminals has been a complete waste of time.
  • Wolf 2013/01/19 19:50:04
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Wolf
    +2
    The New York law is totally Unconstitutional ---shows criminals and tyrants at work---
  • shane 2013/01/19 04:05:15
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    shane
    +2
    Statistically, most shootings involve 3 shots or less so its not going to do anything to stop violence.
  • Dustin 2013/01/18 20:38:38
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Dustin
    +2
    Its attempt to just get rid of guns first its 30 then 10 then 7 then 5 then 1 then none. And assault weapons is same they a classified as assault weapons under broadest wording they could use and still get to pass. Then you broaden definition broaden definition until the goal of zero guns is reached. The term is literally derived from politicians based off of small cosmetic features that do not affect gun functionality.
  • Fef Dustin 2013/01/21 01:52:38
    Fef
    I don't understand how the reel New York Republicans voted for this if the NRA allegedly controls the GOP.
  • Dustin Fef 2013/01/21 03:53:11
    Dustin
    Its the same how Obamacare stood through supreme court ruling. One of the most conservative republicans in the party voted to uphold Obamacare. On a technicality that instead of observing it as new law which it was they said it was a new tax. Upheld on the same grounds as Obama and rest of democrats refuse to admit to.

There is corruption abroad people no longer vote in a way that they promised or their party promises. But with New York voters the way they are towards guns and gun violence. NRA holds no grasp because even with a zero rating the views against guns are stronger than for even in alot of republican party in that state. But if you do the smallest thing in Texas and NRA gives you a dinged rating you can kiss your chance for being elected goodbye.
  • Mark Twain 2013/01/17 16:18:48
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Mark Twain
    When the economic crash comes the east coast folks will suddenly enter a new reality. The crash will case food riots and provide an excuse for Martial Law. Be sure the U N will voulenteer troops to assist in peace keeping. It could be ironic that 230 years later there would be German troops in New York again. The unarmed New Yorkers will be easily herded and when the UN troops come to their front doors demanding weapons and confiscating all food leaving them peanuts they will sit down in in their dark living room and wonder when the power would come back on and when will the Government come and help them.
  • JohnnyRudick 2013/01/17 05:39:22
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    JohnnyRudick
    +1
    It is impossible to describe how ridiculous that all is.
    I will use a min 30 shot mag in my rifles and if attacked in my home I will have enough shots to make up the difference.
  • kurtanderson1 2013/01/17 01:55:00
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    kurtanderson1
    +1
    Soon we'll have a zero bullet limit from these outta' control control freaks.
  • Chrissi 2013/01/16 23:50:20
    10-Bullet Limit Is Too Many Bullets
    Chrissi
    Actually, why do we need AW? Sometimes, even ONE is too many. You don't need an AW to hunt. Seriously.
  • zlazyks Chrissi 2013/01/17 00:31:24
    zlazyks
    +3
    What does hunting have to do anything?
  • Chrissi zlazyks 2013/01/17 03:08:14
    Chrissi
    Think about it.
  • zlazyks Chrissi 2013/01/17 05:00:40
    zlazyks
    +2
    The question was "Seven-Bullet Capacity Limit in Proposed Gun Law: Is New York's Current 10-Bullet Limit Not Working?".

The question isn't about hunting. I personally use a bolt action Winchester model 70 (it holds 5) and a Ruger Mini14 (it holds 5-30rds) to hunt. However there are people that hunt with rifles that have pistol grips (aka "assault weapons) Turkey guns have pistol grips.

But why are we discussing hunting? Even liberal gun grabbers know the 2nd amendment isn't about hunting.
  • FanOreilly zlazyks 2013/01/18 20:58:37
    FanOreilly
    +1
    Yet these hoplophobes comment on guns without even a basic understanding of the 2A.
  • dave ho... Chrissi 2013/01/17 00:59:42
    dave horton
    +11
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason Virginian delegate and and co-author of the second amendment explaining the word militia to the Virginian Convention gathered for the ratification of the constitution.

The second amendment was there to protect us from our government more than it was for hunting and protecting ourselves from other citizens that would wish us ill. So if our Government has AWs we ought have the right. you realize that last year Homeland Security (hls)bought enough rounds to shoot every US Citizen 4.44 times? and I'm sure you think i'm paranoid but that's just hls that don't count fbi, secret service, state police, sheriffs and your local police and I'm sure I forgot someone...
  • Chrissi dave ho... 2013/01/17 03:15:53
    Chrissi
    The 2nd amendment was written two hundred years ago. It should be amended itself to keep up with the times, so we wouldn't be taking all our blithering time answering these hypothetical questions.
  • JohnnyR... Chrissi 2013/01/17 05:44:05
    JohnnyRudick
    It has been 200 years and people and governments have not changed.
    "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    You disarm the people and you give more power to government.
  • john.newell.771 2013/01/16 23:02:51
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    john.newell.771
    +3
    It takes more than 10 to penatrate the thick heads of most new yorkers.
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2013/01/16 22:17:30
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +2
    Not about bullets, about gun control. They control the guns, they control the people. Get with the program people. Disarm the citizens, you have unwilling slaves. Sorry, I am not a slave. Won't comply, won't surrender.
  • Alacrity Technot... 2013/01/23 06:47:56
    Alacrity
    Are you gonna stand off the city police, the county sheriff, the National Guard? the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Marines. Get real. You are a slave. There is no doubt about it, mister.
  • Technot... Alacrity 2013/01/23 17:27:51
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    I am a slave to no man. I don't fund my oppressors. I won't cower to their threats. I will however defend my right to be free by whatever means necessary. Just because you live in fear, doesn't mean the rest of us do. Don't impose your fears on me.
  • Alacrity Technot... 2013/03/08 18:58:39
    Alacrity
    +1
    (•‿•) good for you.
  • Kronan_1 2013/01/16 22:06:58 (edited)
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Kronan_1
    +4
    My 6 shooter only shoots guess what? 6! But with my speed loader I can still get 12 down range in about the same time as most people with 10. How does a 7 bullet limit work with a 6 gun? pistol with speed loader
  • zlazyks Kronan_1 2013/01/17 00:33:32
  • Alacrity Kronan_1 2013/03/08 18:59:13
    Alacrity
    +1
    (•‿•)
  • All American 2013/01/16 20:23:29
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    All American
    +3
    The politicians always have to do something dumb so they can give the appearance of doing something. As if additional laws along with all the others not being enforced are going to make a difference. They do this all the time with tragedies like this.
  • bb4ever 2013/01/16 20:13:44
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    bb4ever
    +3
    My take on this is- crimnals don't care about following laws, what is easy or hard to do, or if they even live or die most of the time. Another law won't stop violence, it will just make them work harder to do it or find other means. My more in depth opinions are made on some responses to some answers to this question. I need not say more.
  • mannjen... bb4ever 2013/01/18 14:53:42
    mannjen motstraumen
    +9
    So with that very astute logic (well done!) we don't need any laws at all. No alcohol limits for driving, no speed limits, no laws saying you can not steal from your neighbor, no laws about reproductive rights. Laws are a waste of time because a criminal doesn't follow them anyway.lalalalalalalalalalala... You are indeed the sharpest crayon in the box.
  • bb4ever mannjen... 2013/01/18 15:35:22
    bb4ever
    i never said that, and that is not what i meant. but quote me out of context if it makes you feel good, and good luck with that.
  • Alacrity mannjen... 2013/01/23 06:40:56
    Alacrity
    Did you see the Rachel Maddow show tonight? She tore into the NRA and shamed them terribly, using the word of VP Joe Biden describing their use of Obama's children in their "repugnant and reprehensible" question "Are your children less important than Obama's" which appears here at SH. NRA is decrying the 24/7 guards around Obama's daughters. Good god almighty, get your head on straight, mannjen.
    We already have 900 deaths a month--more than 5 times the kill rate by guns in all the wars this nation has fought since 1776. How do you like them apples?
  • Drummerlou 2013/01/16 19:58:23
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Drummerlou
    +3
    Gee I don't know,If the Government suddenly turns Rogue on the American Public and I got some Federal Flunkie coming to arrest me for nothing other than being alive I would like to be able to defend myself and keep up with them with an Equalizer of my own.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2013/01/16 19:46:52
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +4
    A weapon's capacity is whatever it happens to be.
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2013/01/16 19:41:37
  • kir 2013/01/16 19:39:19
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    kir
    +3
    What stops violence are getting rid of the causes of violence such as poverty and the destructive war on drugs.
  • Bill kir 2013/01/19 00:14:53
    Bill
    I guess you're right. Impoverished people have every right to be violent (except for India, Pakistan, etc.) and allow drugs to be sold anywhere by anyone to anyone. If you even try to limit the distribution to anyone, you invite another war. Rand Paul and L. Ron Hubbard aren't too far apart in that outlook.
  • Bill 2013/01/16 19:11:43
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Bill
    +5
    OK You're kidding, right? 10 bullet limits? That has helped NY? Or Chicago? LOL
  • chas 2013/01/16 19:11:40
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    chas
    +5
    unbelievable! Impeach Barry Soetoro
  • bb4ever chas 2013/01/16 19:52:41
    bb4ever
    +3
    I agree!
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2013/01/16 18:19:52
  • Alacrity 2013/01/16 18:07:24
    Bullet Limits Don't Stop Violence
    Alacrity
    +4
    Guns in the home discharge in the home--on purpose or accidentally--and injure or kill people, family and friends. Gun owners use them on wives and their own children when they go berserk. They can even use them to commit suicide when depressed or acquire a mental illness... maybe that's a good outcome. One bullet is enough.

2014/12/22 13:34:41