Seniors Beware Obamacare!!

Dave**Gay for Girls** 2012/06/21 15:43:00

<><>
- SENIORS - <><>

WELL
ISN'T THIS SOME SPECIAL NEWS GRANDMA AND PAPA!!!

I had one of the most troubling, most disturbing conversations ever with Dr.
Suzanne Allen, head of emergency services at the Johnson City Medical Center in
Tennessee . We were discussing the "future" and I asked her had she
seen any affects of Obama Care in her work?

"Oh, yes. We are seeing cutbacks throughout the services we provide.

For example, we are now having to deal with patients who would normally receive
dialysis and can no longer be accepted.

In the past, there was always automatic approval under Medicare for anyone who
needed dialysis -- not anymore." So, what will be their outcome?
"They will die
soon without dialysis,"
she stated.

What
about other services?

She indicated as of 2013 (
after the election), no one over 75 will
be given major medical procedures unless approved by locally administered Ethics
Panels.

These Panels will determine whether a patient receives medical treatment or
not.

While details on specific operating procedures and schedules, Dr. Allen points
out that most life-threatening emergencies do not occur during normal hospital
business hours, and, if there are emergencies that depend to be resolve within
minutes or just few hours, the likelihood of getting these Panels approval in
time to save a life are going to be very challenging and difficult, if not
impossible she said.

This applies to major operations such as receiving stents, bypass surgery,
kidney operations, or treating for an aneurysm that would be normally covered
under Medicare today.

In other words,

if
you needed a life-saving operation, Medicare will not provide coverage anymore
after 2013 if you are 75 or over.

When in 2013? "We haven't been given a specific date -- could be in
January or July....but it's after the election."

This
is shocking to any of us who will be 75 this year.

Her advice -- get healthy and stay healthy.

We do not know the specifics of the actual implementation of the full ObamaCare
policies and procedures -- "they haven't filtered down to the local level
yet.

But we are already seeing severe cuts in what we provide to the elderly

-- we refused dialysis to an individual who was 78 just the other day..

..we refused to give stents to a gentleman who was in his late 80s.

Every day, she said, we are seeing these cutbacks aimed at reducing care across
the board for anyone who is over 75.

We can only hope that ObamaCare will be overturned by the Supreme Court
-- otherwise, this is a death sentence to those who are over 75..

..perhaps you should pass this on to your friends who are thinking of voting
for Obama this year.

Regardless, if you have
private health care
coverage

now (I have Aetna Medicare Part B) -- it
will no longer apply after 2013 if the Ethics
Panels disapprove of a procedure that may save your life.

Scary, scary, scary. Think about this?

You? Your parents? Your loved ones?

Didn't know about it? Of course, not.

As Nancy Pelosi said...."well, if you want to know what's in the bill,
you'll have to read it....." After it was passed.

This is a graphic reminder of the need to stay healthy.

Get your plot now at Forest Lawn....while they last.

Is this a death sentence to those of us who will reach 75?.....Yes!

• Marie banzaib... 2012/06/22 13:10:12
    Marie
    +2
    After 65. you must use your Medicare as your first insurer, and your other insurance as your Gap! You can have hospice at home! The Gap insurance is very expensive, and should not be needed! Hospice is great for terminal patients in horrible pain! Do not know about your Grandmas case, but God Bless!
  • banzaib... Marie 2012/06/22 16:46:48 (edited)
    banzaibuckaroo
    +1
    The doctors told her to take off the medical, which was a lifetime Castle & Cooke paid healthcare plan. I'm not sure why that happen at all. Again, if a person has a healthcare plan that pays out better than Medicare, why do we need to make Medicare as the first provider? It's the gap between receipts, and payout of Medicare/Medicaid that killing the budget in the range of 817 billion a year, which is more than the Military budget. I understand what Obama is trying to do to remedy this issue, and making everyone pay into some kind of coverage, because it's not sustainable for the public, and private enterprise to continue at this pace. Healthcare is our biggest expense, and the general public doesn't realize or don't care about this issue.
  • Marie banzaib... 2012/06/25 20:23:12 (edited)
    Marie
    Big problem, but read the Medicare Booklet!
  • banzaib... Marie 2012/06/28 02:21:46
    banzaibuckaroo
    +1
    I readied it, and the issues is what I mention before hand. Reforms need to be done, and I'm getting sick of those Freeloaders that hurting our system.
  • Tennyson James 2012/06/21 20:09:51
    Tennyson James
    +1
    Again with the recycled propaganda? Seriously - invent some new conspiracy theories b/c these are so long ago debunked that only the truly ignorant would believe them. Never mind your distrust of fact checking organizations like snopes or Factcheck - go check up on the facts at Johnson City's web site, or via the AMA's official site. If you refuse to think for yourself then you have chosen to be manipulated by fear.
  • Dave**G... Tennyso... 2012/06/21 20:19:19
  • Tennyso... Dave**G... 2012/06/21 20:21:19
    Tennyson James
    No more than ever before. Healthcare has long been a profits before people industry.
  • Dave**G... Tennyso... 2012/06/21 20:22:39
  • Tennyso... Dave**G... 2012/06/21 20:30:08
    Tennyson James
    +1
    And since it isn't fully - or even 1/2 way in effect we really don't know if it will. What we do know is that Obama's health plan did not create the problem.
  • Dave**G... Tennyso... 2012/06/21 20:33:56
  • Tennyso... Dave**G... 2012/06/21 21:21:28
    Tennyson James
    I'll agree to disagree on this. Thanks for being civil. :-)
  • D Hanes Tennyso... 2012/06/21 23:25:11
    D Hanes
    You Lie!
  • Tennyso... D Hanes 2012/06/21 23:56:45
    Tennyson James
    What are you talking about? I gave you sites where you could check the facts. I didn't even assert anything that could be called truth or lie. Is that just your way of saying, "I disagree?"
  • kevjon 2012/06/21 20:03:22
    kevjon
    +3
    What is totally sickening about this is that those people served in WWII, Korea and who knows which others. They are the ones that worked hard to make this country great. And now illegals, and all minorities will get preferential treatment and all due to this foreigner president that all these idiots voted into office.
    I swear this Racist is anti white and has a chip on his shoulder and a drive to make things totally miserable for the whites in this country.
  • wtxwoman kevjon 2012/06/28 02:00:10
    wtxwoman
    +1
    If you are talking about veterans, you are wrong. My husband got very good care from the VA. So did my three uncles and their families.
  • kevjon wtxwoman 2012/06/28 02:27:39
    kevjon
    I never mentioned that, as a matter of fact our company provides some of the veterans care through the VA.
  • wtxwoman kevjon 2012/06/28 02:33:16
    wtxwoman
    I was addressing your statement: now illegals, and all minorities will get preferential treatment and all due to this foreigner president that all these idiots voted into office.
    I don't believe that will happen, especially in the VA.
  • kevjon wtxwoman 2012/06/28 02:48:51
    kevjon
    +1
    Currently, you are right but give Obama time and he will make it happen. By the way there is a law that no hospital can turn anyone away and I don't believe the VA is an exception to that rule.
  • wtxwoman kevjon 2012/06/28 06:14:34
    wtxwoman
    I don't know about that. My husband only went to the VA clinic. The few times he went to the hospital after he started going to VA, he went to the regular hospital.
  • Marie wtxwoman 2012/06/28 22:36:24
    Marie
    +1
    RIGHT!
  • AL 2012/06/21 19:51:00
    AL
    +4
    LOL! So who's pushing Grandma off the Cliff now, Clown Prince Obozo?
    +5
    Sarah Palin was laughed at over her saying Obama care had "Seath Panels"..... Sarah Palin was right.
    +6
    Those of us who read the bill have been shouting about it for every day since it was passed - it is a very very bad bill
  • Lanikai 2012/06/21 18:16:40
    +6
    I knew most of this already. Our local Dr stopped taking medicare patients as soon as obie care passed. His BCBS and other insurance patients are experiencing cuts in approvals for care as well, but have not yet been denied care.

My dad was moved to medicare by the veterans admin-the VA said they no longer have the money for older Vets, and medicare will not treat the older ones.

These refusals of service ARE going to get worse and worse, the old, infirm, mentally challeneged, physically handicapped will be the first to notice the lack of services. Next will come alcoholics, smokers, drug addicts, and "deviants".

They WILL refuse most procedures that would extend the lives of the elderly. Remember, even a congressman said old people just have to accept that they are old.
  • Jackie ... Lanikai 2012/06/21 19:12:13
    +6
    It is so very wrong - I read that bill right after it was passed with two buddies who happen to be attorneys - we were aghast at what was in it and have been fighting ever since. It must be overturned
  • Lanikai Jackie ... 2012/06/21 19:35:34
    +4
    Yep, I just WISH congress was half as diligent about removing slaggards from welfare, and kicking druggies out of public housing.
  • Jackie ... Lanikai 2012/06/21 19:39:48
    +2
    I would not hold my breath on that one - seems far to many make excuses for these folks. But I agree
  • Marie Lanikai 2012/06/21 23:02:44
    Marie
    I do not know what VA hospital you go to, but that would never happen in ours There are so many vets of Korea. and Viet Nam at ours every day, and they get Great care! Northport VA Hospital
  • Lanikai Marie 2012/06/21 23:14:18
    My dad uses the VA clinic in Panama City beach, Fl.
    The VA sub Clinic in Pensacola is the one that told him he HAS to go on Medicare. He goes 3 times a year to the Houston VA Hospital, because they DID agree to keep him for his quintuple bypass/heart problems, everything else has to be on medicare.

He has had 4 heart attacks, a quintuple bypass, double carotid stents, 3 more heart stents, and takes 14 medications a day, half of which the VA helps with, half they don't.

The Montgomery AL VA refused to even see him, but that is a garbage facility anyway.
  • Marie Lanikai 2012/06/25 20:33:05
    Marie
    He certainly seems to have gotten a lot of care! If he had been injured or suffered a problem while in service,the VA would have picked up 100 percent! Do you know the cost of the care he has received? I doubt if I could get that much care! God Bless him!
  • Lanikai Marie 2012/06/26 14:03:56
    His heart surgeries were done at local hospitals. Most of his care is with his Private insurance, even though he was in the Navy for 32 years, VA has turned a lot of his claims down. Funny enough, it took my congressman a VERY short time to get some of that resolved. Dad's Senator is working on the rest of it.
  • D Hanes Marie 2012/06/21 23:26:36
    D Hanes
    Just you wait and see!
  • Marie D Hanes 2012/06/25 20:34:36
    Marie
    See what? I practically lived at the VA Hospital with my Ex!
  • Karen E 2012/06/21 18:09:09
    Karen E
    +2
    since i live near JCMC in tenny, and have relatives in nursing and pcp physicians, yes there are already things like the examples happening.......i can assure one thing no matter the love for their patients or medicine, there will be a net loss of both due to many retiring and getting out of medicine due to the afa if it stands.......
  • Ozzyboy 2012/06/21 18:06:29
    Ozzyboy
    +7
    There is so much more rotteness in that bill, like direct access to your bank account, children under two are disposable just to name a few. He and his minions will control every aspect of your life. Really, do you want Sebelious making your health decisions?
    Everyone he appointed is out to destroy old people, the disabled and babies, anyone who does not contribute to their money pot. People really should have taken the time to understand what was happening before he got in and got this through.
  • Ozzyboy Ozzyboy 2012/06/21 18:07:30
    Ozzyboy
    +2
    How much did that OFB T Kennedy cost the taxpayers. Will the politicians get denied coverage from the taxpayers at 75??
  • ~Adrien~ 2012/06/21 17:45:26
  • Murph 65 2012/06/21 17:13:50
    Murph 65
    +5
    Sounds like a death sentence. Also sounds like those "death panels" that Palin took such a hit over when she mentioned them. Wasn't there a commercial a while back with (brain cramp) republican pushing grandma over the cliff? Sounds more to me like Obamacare pushing grandma over the cliff.
  • Jackie ... Murph 65 2012/06/21 19:10:30
    +2
    Yup, the Ryan plan gives subsidies to those who need it and let's them buy what they want - takes control out of the hands of the government and Obama and democrats do not want that so they act like the Srs are being denied care when the real truth is that they will have control instead of the government
  • Marie Murph 65 2012/06/25 20:36:43
    Marie
    +1
    Thank the media for all the lies!

2014/04/19 12:12:34