Senate To Vote On Bill That Could Kick TSA Out Of Airports

Son Of Anubis™ 2012/02/06 20:26:13

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Monday, February 6, 2012

Following House approval of the measure on Friday, the Senate is set to vote today on legislation that would allow U.S. airports to replace TSA workers with screeners from private companies, a move that could spell the beginning of the end for the highly unpopular federal agency’s role in airport security.

“The U.S. agency must allow airports to switch to private companies for screeners unless it can show the move wouldn’t be cost-effective and would be detrimental to security, according to the legislation, which if passed will go to President Barack Obama for his signature,” reports Businessweek.

“They’ve been trying to force the door open for several years,” Jeff Price, a Denver-based consultant who has written a textbook on aviation security, said of U.S. lawmakers. “It reverses the burden of proof. It is definitely trying to checkmate the TSA.”

At the height of the anti-TSA drive in late 2010, which coincided with a national full body scanner opt out day, a growing number of airports such as Orlando Sanford International began to exercise their right to replace TSA workers with private screeners.

The TSA soon put a stop to this in January 2011 by freezing the number of airports that could use private screeners, a figure that had climbed to 16. Orlando Sanford is one of the airports whose vetoed application to remove TSA screeners will have to be reconsidered under the new legislation.

More private security companies are expected to start up if the legislation passes, providing the additional benefit of adding tens of thousands of private sector jobs to the economy.

“You’ll see companies make themselves known,” said Price. “They’ll make sure every airport operator knows the rules have changed.”

The TSA’s involvement in airport security has become highly unpopular over the last two years, with the federal agency mired in one controversy after another, from its agents constantly caught stealing from travelers, to its mistreatment of children and the elderly, to its habitual lies about the safety of naked body scanners.

When Texas lawmakers attempted to pass a bill that would have outlawed the TSA’s “advanced pat down” procedures last year, the feds threatened to impose a no fly zone over the state and the measure was ultimately defeated.

Congress recently gave the green light for $24 million dollars in extra funding for the TSA’s VIPR program, which was responsible for conducting 9,300 unannounced checkpoints last year alone.

For anti-TSA activists, kicking the federal agency out of the nation’s airports will merely be the first step given that TSA workers have now been deployed to staff a network of internal checkpoints. The TSA is now conducting searches of Americans at train stations, bus depots, ferry ports, on highways and even at high school prom nights.

The federal agency was also responsible for training hot dog sellers and other vendors to spot terrorists at the recent Super Bowl, a story that attracted yet more derision from the national media.

*********************

• Deep007 2012/02/06 20:31:50
    I agree the T(errorists) S(exual) A(ssaulters) must go
    Deep007
    +9
    Dismantle the bureaucracy...forthwith

• Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/02/08 15:15:58 (edited)
    We Need the T(errorist) S(exual) A(ssaulters) at the airports to keep us safe
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Thomas Jefferson

(Screen jumped)

Anytime you give up personal rights and freedoms for artificial security, you take a risk at letting government take away those freedoms.
  • Son Of ... Latti I... 2012/02/08 15:31:20
    Son Of Anubis™
    +1
    Right on L....those words may have been said 200 years ago but the have never rung so true as to what is happening with us nowadays!
  • Latti I... Son Of ... 2012/02/08 15:35:27 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Exactly. ;-) Hopefully the people will put a boot to both parties.
  • Son Of ... Latti I... 2012/02/08 15:38:01
    Son Of Anubis™
    +1
    Unfortunately the people only have these 2 to chose from......a very sad state of affairs
  • Latti I... Son Of ... 2012/02/08 15:39:44
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    We better do something soon in unison, two snakes in the grass always leads to the same destination.
  • Son Of ... Latti I... 2012/02/08 15:45:43
    Son Of Anubis™
    +1
    Ain't that the truth....it seems both parties are beholden to the same entities....or should I say enemies of the people....we have to act in unison, any other way is doomed to failure.
  • Latti I... Son Of ... 2012/02/08 15:57:53
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Exactly!
  • Seonag Latti I... 2012/02/08 19:46:07
    Seonag
    Boo Hoo --- so did mine --
  • Latti I... Seonag 2012/02/08 19:48:56
  • Seonag Latti I... 2012/02/08 19:53:58
    Seonag
    +2
    Screen jumped!
  • Son Of ... Seonag 2012/02/08 19:55:38
    Son Of Anubis™
    +1
    HAHAHA...I was wondering what you were talking about too...lol
  • Someone Else 2012/02/08 03:27:20
    Someone Else
    +1
    The reason I gave up flying I don't like queers touching my genitals
  • Son Of ... Someone... 2012/02/08 15:00:32
    Son Of Anubis™
    +1
    Fortunately...I've never been 'touched' or gone through the 'death-rays' so far and I've had about 40 odd flights....and I will not subject to the 'death-rays' or the pat down.
  • Seonag 2012/02/07 16:27:57
    Seonag
    +1
    Woops! the screen jumped! They MUST GO!
  • Son Of ... Seonag 2012/02/07 16:51:50
    Son Of Anubis™
    Oh great...now you just skewered the numbers.....LOL
  • Seonag Son Of ... 2012/02/08 12:36:41 (edited)
    Seonag
    +1
    :( I'm sorry (LOL --- still the only vote)
  • Son Of ... Seonag 2012/02/08 15:01:10
    Son Of Anubis™
    Just joking....lol
  • Seonag Son Of ... 2012/02/08 19:45:21 (edited)
    Seonag
    +1
    I figured that out real quick ---- oops --- now 2 votes and that one was a screen jump also.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/02/07 15:40:35
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    I hope they do go so that I can travel again.

But, DO we have a congress strong enough to pass this Bill or will they kick it out like everything else that is American.

Gee, they sure don't want to wake up on the wrong side of obama, do they?
    +2
    I believe that the airlines should be responsible for the safety and security of their flights - they have a vested interest and understand customer service. It would make flights more expensive but that is fine.
  • safari 2012/02/07 14:52:22
    safari
    +2
    I would feel safer if we used Israel's methods - this groping and ex-raying is profiting people like Soros who owns a big share of one of the scanner companies while violating our rights BIG TIME. I hate the TSA bs at airports. It does not make me feel safer and I cut my flying down hugely.
  • abubincrazy 2012/02/07 04:51:32
    abubincrazy
    +2
    They are stripping us of our dignity.
    They were supposed to spot terrorists.
    I haven't been on a jihad yet, and .....I never will.
    But the TSA treated me like a threat.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/02/07 03:09:09
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    But the Senate is controlled by the progressive liberals. Scum and vermin all.

Expect that this bill won't pass.
  • Swt~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/07 01:59:21
    Swt~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Can they do it tonight?? They have got to go!! Another Gov agency that does NO GOOD!
  • The Govenor 2012/02/06 21:41:02
  • Swt~POT... The Gov... 2012/02/07 01:59:46
    Swt~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    LOL...
  • CUDDLY ... The Gov... 2012/02/07 03:10:03 (edited)
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    Some are featured here, have a look

http://www.thugreport.com

stamp
  • The Gov... CUDDLY ... 2012/02/07 03:18:37
  • Son Of ... The Gov... 2012/02/07 15:41:03
    Son Of Anubis™
    +1
    Yeah because I wouldn't want my dog to be groped or anally probed like these TSA scum love to do.
  • The Gov... Son Of ... 2012/02/07 17:37:12
  • Aurora 2012/02/06 20:45:19
    Aurora
    +4
    let me know the outcome, knowing senate democrats it will fail, or be shelved, the democrats hate America and it's citizens.
  • Swt~POT... Aurora 2012/02/07 02:00:01
    Swt~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Isn't that the truth!
  • Deep007 2012/02/06 20:31:50
    Deep007
    +9
    Dismantle the bureaucracy...forthwith

2014/11/27 09:25:53