Secret Service Scandal: Are There Bad Seeds in Every Profession?

Even the men sworn to protect the nation's highest office can fall short. President Obama has called for a thorough investigation of allegations that eleven Secret Service agents and five military service members were "cavorting with prostitutes" while preparing for the President's visit in Cartagena, Colombia, The Associated Press reports.

Obama announced, "What happened here in Colombia is being investigated by the director of the Secret Service. I expect that investigation to be thorough and I expect it to be rigorous ... If it turns out that some of the allegations that have been made in the press are confirmed, then of course I'll be angry." Do you think this secret service scandal is shocking -- or are there bad seeds in every profession?

• Lanikai 2012/04/16 16:08:00
    +15
    But this presidency and it's staff are REALLY looking like Clinton part 2.

Partying, whores, massive spending and LOADS of debt to be passed on to the next office holder.

DEMS-a disgrace every time, but they STILL keep getting elected.

• Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll 2012/04/16 19:43:19
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +3
    Trust that they do not do any dirt without authorization from a higher authority. Obama was probably out there sniffing blow off Colombian ass to.
  • Claire ... Mr.Hood... 2012/04/16 23:29:18
    Claire Dobie
    Do you have anything else to talk about besides blaming the president?
  • Mr.Hood... Claire ... 2012/04/16 23:34:35 (edited)
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +1
    I didn't blame the president. I simply said he may be involved in the festivities. I would never blame our puppet president for anything.
  • MsTlynne Claire ... 2012/04/17 01:42:56
    MsTlynne
    You know they don't!
  • Daniel ... Mr.Hood... 2012/04/17 16:16:10
    Daniel Francis
    LMAO!
  • Alex Santiago 2012/04/16 19:37:07
    Alex Santiago
    +2
    Who cares! i read a comment about dems always failing....guess what smart guy, each president has an agenda that needs to be put into play! Every president is not elected by us, we dont have a say! Bottom line, no matter who's in office, the debt will continue to climb when this country cant help the poor, and even plan the deaths of thousands in a so-called terrorist attack and a "levy" burst in new orleans! But instead send millions in relief funds to other countries....so lets keep this simple and understood, each president is corrupt, and the peoples concerns are not the presidents!!

Pay attention to the founding families and their agenda on globalization of homosexuality among many things!!
  • geegee 2012/04/16 19:26:50
    geegee
    +2
    Like someone on the news said," Men will be men." I don't accept that. Men CAN be civilized. They don't have to follow their peckers around all the time. They can use their brain in their head occasionally and do the right thing. This is an embarrassment to the United States. They are supposed to be protecting that JERK they call Mr. President. Maybe they were just 'testing out' the prostitutes so Barry could have the 'best' one.. ? Of course Mooshelle wouldn't mind. After all, 'men will be men.' Even the Messiah, Barry Obama.
  • MsTlynne geegee 2012/04/17 01:43:57
    MsTlynne
    Maybe they were testing them to see how they measure up to you and your mama...
  • geegee MsTlynne 2012/04/22 23:50:41
    geegee
    Is that your idea of an insult ?? We are entitled to an opinion, but I would never say anything about you or your mother. By the way, my mother has been deceased since 1980.
  • MsTlynne geegee 2012/04/23 04:50:44
    MsTlynne
    You have insulted the President whom I legally cast my vote for and who won the election. I served in the military under at least one President whom I did not like at all, but it never occurred to me to disrespect his office. I thought the thing to do was work hard to get someone else elected when the time came. That being said, I really couldn't give a flip about your mama since you don't respect my President. GTH!
  • Daniel ... geegee 2012/04/17 16:19:03
    Daniel Francis
    LOL!
  • Josh Stephens 2012/04/16 19:21:29
    Josh Stephens
    +4
    Although, I'd like to know if the agents were on duty when this, allegedly, took place. If not, then I don't see why it matters what they did in their down time.
  • joe mauro 2012/04/16 19:17:30
    joe mauro
    +2
    yes ,however government at all levels local ,county, state wide and federal are not just bad they are increasingly less effective and lately just in competent. Paying people to show up and not take their duties seriously with no accountability is a recipe for disaster.The present workers no longer hold jobs ,just a minor distraction between weekends!
  • Bill ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/16 19:06:16
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Terriffic... just what we need. Another sideshow to distract us from Obama's actual record of failure.
  • Claire ... Bill ~P... 2012/04/16 23:31:22
    Claire Dobie
    Doesn't seem to distract at all. Half of the comments here put the blame on the President. What about some dialogues on the real issues this country faces?
  • Donald Eric Kesler 2012/04/16 19:00:15
    Donald Eric Kesler
    +5
    Of course. The thing to not forget is that the majority of people really do attempt to play by the rules.

Personally, I don't have a problem with secret service agents and military service members cavorting with prostitutes, provided, of course, everyone involved was on their own time and only consenting adults were involved.
  • H H 2012/04/16 18:57:14
    H H
    +4
    Yes, but it's worse now in this empire in decline. Personal integrity is growing scarcer.
  • joe mauro H H 2012/04/16 19:18:31
    joe mauro
    +2
    very true indeed
  • MsTlynne H H 2012/04/17 01:46:15
    MsTlynne
    No it's not. We are now living in a 24 hour, instant news cycle and the news includes items which would have been taboo to report about in an earlier era.
  • Susan Nehama 2012/04/16 18:42:54
    Susan Nehama
    +1
    I am sure some if the men had better sperm motility than the others, but I am sure each profession has it share of men with lesser quality semen.
  • G.J. the time has come to s... 2012/04/16 18:39:04
    G.J. the time has come to switch
    +2
    a great organization with 100's of employees as with any groups they can be a bad element although it should not take away from the work of the whole
  • johnc 2012/04/16 18:34:33
    johnc
    +4
    In particular when there is a leadership void in the wh.

No budget for 4 years now.
    GSA gone wild,
    and then this.
    with more to come.

we need a leader not a whiner, 24/7 campaigner.in the WH

NOBAMA 2012
  • NPC johnc 2012/04/17 15:24:01
    NPC
    +2
    Where ever you see David Axelpuke, Anita Dunn and Valerie Jarrett there is corruption.
  • susan 2012/04/16 18:32:21 (edited)
    susan
    +3
    It seems that the higher up the income ladder, the more bad actors there are in professions. The legal profession is one of the worst, because they can excuse their corruption and immorality as doing what it takes to "win for the client." It seems that the law schools beat into their heads this selling out of conscience and moral compass. leaving them with nothing except an overriding focus on money and their license to lie.
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2012/04/16 18:29:05 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +3
    Already, liberal talk radio was blaming deteriorating relations between the USA & Columbia under Bush. Bush set Obama up for failure.

Columbia was just waiting to embarrass the USA in an international inclident & seized the moment.

There are some calls to have Bush held accountable.
  • johnc luigi1-... 2012/04/16 18:40:51
    johnc
    +2
    Ah Bush's fault,

leaders lead and seek solutions, losers seek blame and excuses.

thanks for exposing Obamas true skills. blame excuse and demonize, anything to distract from his problems:

WORDS? emty

record? dismall

spending? dangerous

agenda? scary

and we don't know yet know what "I will be flexible with Russia" means

what we have is a failure of leadership.
    during his administration, no budget passed, lack of leadership
    GSA gone wild, lack of leadership
    and now this. but some can be fooled all of the time and buy the into the blame game. thanks I know you were out there

NOBAMA 2012
  • luigi1-... johnc 2012/04/16 23:00:41 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    Most of the media will defend Obama & give him another free pass.

They must & will find a way to connect this to Bush.

I blame Bush simply because he never has the backbone to come forward & defend himself against all these accusations by Obama.

bush i did it
  • johnc luigi1-... 2012/04/16 23:35:01
    johnc
    +1
    when one cannot run on thier record the attempt to demonize others. Words from Obama People listen to Obama but don't hear him. words of Obama about his minster.
    anyway, today the SS guy? yes Bush dun it.

I think he sees his stack very low, and they only way out is ill in. but he holds a 2-7 off suit. hella long odds but that is all he has. have and excuse handy, find some one to blame we know the buck never stops at his desk. well unless some idiot exposes your true beliefs. the Hiary toss under the bus.toss.
    his odds are long

NOBAMA 2012
  • MsTlynne luigi1-... 2012/04/17 01:47:53
    MsTlynne
    President Obama had nothing to do with this, just as GW Bush would have had nothing to do with it had it happend during his administration. The President wasn't even in the country at the time. Why are you stupid????
  • luigi1-... MsTlynne 2012/04/18 12:59:30
    luigi1- in god we trust
    The media would go bererk if this happened under Bush's watch. Wise up.
  • MsTlynne luigi1-... 2012/04/18 16:02:34
    MsTlynne
    This jeopardizes the President's own security. Why would he condone it? That's just stupid.
  • scbluesman13 2012/04/16 18:28:48
    scbluesman13
    +4
    I don't think that seeking out a prostitute for a little relaxation therapy while you're on a trip to south america means you're a "bad seed". It means you needed to get your rocks off and found the means to do it. Now if it came out that any of these secret service members did something bad to a prostitute like beat her, or the like, then yes, I would say they are "bad seeds". But thus far the allegations are just for sexual encounters.
  • johnc scblues... 2012/04/16 18:44:03
    johnc
    +1
    Where the fees put on thier expense accounts? never mind, they stiffed the whores.

is that what Obama did with Rosens under the bus toss?
  • scblues... johnc 2012/04/16 18:45:53
    scbluesman13
    What are you even talking about?
  • johnc scblues... 2012/04/16 18:52:27
    johnc
    +1
    Obamas SS that stiffed the whores they hired,
  • scblues... johnc 2012/04/16 19:04:26
    scbluesman13
    What's with you guys and Hilary Rosen? She has nothing to do with Obama at all.
  • johnc scblues... 2012/04/16 19:49:22
    johnc
    of course she doesn't. those were tupperware parties at the WH. 35 at last count.
    she messed up, exposed the true feelings of democrats twards women, that friend, mentor and avisor to the DNC, Bill Mohar or something like that he is HBO, gave Obama & company 1,000,000 millions of dollars doubled down on it Friday night, and he. Bill is know for calling women the B C and T words, and Obama chose to toss the Hilary lady under the bus on the Mr Ed show Mr Ed FYA is the guy that was suspended recently for calling women sluts and the sort.

but those are just coincedences. right?

As Obama warned us, "Judge me by the company I keep" I did, did you? who did you like?

NOBAMA 2012
  • scblues... johnc 2012/04/16 19:59:32
    scbluesman13
    +1
    You're not making any bit of sense again. I read your post like 3 times and it's not even legible.
  • johnc scblues... 2012/04/16 20:09:21
    johnc
    keep digging the hole is getting deeper, even yo hero Obama quickly gave her the under the bus toss. but I like that folks like you this Mohar guy keep digging,

where did Hilary go? no sightings, no words from her, hope she is ok, I mean we saw what happened to foster during the Clinton regime. when he became a problem.
  • scblues... johnc 2012/04/16 20:23:53
    scbluesman13
    I'm serious, you have really bad grammar and spelling. I read through your comments and your statements just crash into each other with incorrect or bad punctuation, or with a mish-mash of badly worded clauses. It makes it difficult to ascertain what your point is.

I take it you're trying to make the argument that Rosen somehow works for Obama or is "in bed" with him, because she visited the white house so many times. Is that the assertion?

Well here's a 101 politics lesson for you. Congressmen and women, and DNC lobbyists visit the white house for facetime with senior White House staff all the time. Whether it's to discuss messaging on a particular issue, budget proposals, or campaign strategies, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hilary Rosen at the WH on a given day if I were taking a tour there. But even that doesn't mean anything, at least not in the context of what she said about Ann Romney. Rosen misspoke, she apologized, and that's that. There's no secret agenda towards hating women by the democratic party, or by liberals in general. In fact, we've been working our butts off trying to make sure that voting rights, reproductive rights, equal pay rights stay in place for women while Right Wing governors, state senators, and US congressmen work overtime to strip those r...

Well here's a 101 politics lesson for you. Congressmen and women, and DNC lobbyists visit the white house for facetime with senior White House staff all the time. Whether it's to discuss messaging on a particular issue, budget proposals, or campaign strategies, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hilary Rosen at the WH on a given day if I were taking a tour there. But even that doesn't mean anything, at least not in the context of what she said about Ann Romney. Rosen misspoke, she apologized, and that's that. There's no secret agenda towards hating women by the democratic party, or by liberals in general. In fact, we've been working our butts off trying to make sure that voting rights, reproductive rights, equal pay rights stay in place for women while Right Wing governors, state senators, and US congressmen work overtime to strip those rights away.

I said it previously, and I'll say it again because it bears repeating. Rosen is not on Obama's payroll. He doesn't sign her checks, and he does not direct her message. Of all the times she's visited the WH during Obama's first term, I'd be surprised if she's met with the President more than 4 or 5 of those visits. It's more likely she's meeting with the Press Secretary, the Communications Director, and other top Obama political strategists. Usually the Chief of Staff is very picky about who gets into the oval to see the President, so it's more likely that Obama and Rosen have had their conversations at fundraisers or campaign events.

People really need to step back sometimes and get a broader, more rational view of how politics really works, instead of making these really stupid assumptions about who's responsible for whom, just so it looks good on the front page of a Fox Noise "news" piece as yet another specious anti-Obama attack.

2014/10/20 04:46:17