Seattle Gun Buy Back Gets JACKED! Turns Into a Damn Gun Show! LOL

Teri- Oregon 2013/01/28 21:05:35
LOL, too damn funny!
WTF, that is mean they should have never done that!
Police officers in Seattle, Washington held their first gun buyback
program in 20 years this weekend, underneath interstate 5, and soon
found that private gun collectors were working the large crowd as little
makeshift gun shows began dotting the parking lot and sidewalks. Some even had “cash for guns” signs prominently displayed.

Police stood in awe as gun enthusiasts and collectors waved wads of
cash for the guns being held by those standing in line for the buyback
program.

People that had arrived to trade in their weapons for $100 or $200 BuyBack gift cards($100 for handguns, shotguns and rifles, and $200 for assault weapons) soon
realized that gun collectors were there and paying top dollar for
collectible firearms. So, as the line for the chump cards got longer and
longer people began to jump ship and head over to the dealers.

John Diaz, Seattles Police Chief, wasn’t pleased with the turn of events stating “I’d prefer they wouldn’t sell them,” but
admitted it’s perfectly legal for private individuals to buy and sell
guns, FOR NOW. Mayor Mike McGinn said at a news conference the private
transactions are a loophole that needs to be closed. “There’s no background checks, and some (guns) could be exchanged on the streets that shouldn’t be in circulation.”

But Schuyler Taylor, a previous gun retailer attending the event in hopes of buying weapons, asked “Why not offer them cash versus a gift card? I’m still taking the guns off the streets; they’re just going in my safe.”

People were reportedly, at one point, jumping out of vehicles whilst
sitting in traffic – making on the spot deals with the gun buyers.

But the BuyBack wasn’t a bust. On the contrary – their $80,000 supply
of gift cards didn’t last but 2 hours, and by 11:00 am they began
attempting to issue IOU’s at which point the entire crowd responded by
turning and marching toward the gun dealers, forcing the police officers
to pack it up for the day.

On one last note of hilarity, the Seattle Police department claims
that they will check the buyback guns to see if any were previously
stolen and, if so, try to return them to the rightful owners! LOL.
Brilliant!

In 1992, Seattle police collected more than 1,200 guns in a four-day buyback program.

Now the only question is, when will the Seattle Police department stage the next gun show?

Read More: http://dcxposed.com/2013/01/27/seattle-gun-buyback...

• ZERO 2013/01/28 23:19:57
    LOL, too damn funny!
    ZERO
    +9
    I'm glad to hear that collectors were buying up rare antiques that people were about to send to be destroyed. It's always sad to see the historic treasures people turn in for destruction at gun buybacks.

antique gun buyback

• T. James H 2013/01/30 02:47:39
  • Old Timer 2013/01/29 17:47:54
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Old Timer
    +1
    I'm lookin for a Ruger mini 14. Willing to pay fair price.
  • ready46xwu 2013/01/29 16:03:51
    LOL, too damn funny!
    ready46xwu
    +1
    I find this to be 'an awesome' display of ATTITUDE!
    The 'government' has 'FAILED AGAIN'!
    KEEP UP THE 'GREAT WORK' ~ "GUN COLLECTORS"!
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2013/01/29 14:56:49
  • phil.olding.3 2013/01/29 12:45:50
    LOL, too damn funny!
    phil.olding.3
    +2
    Guns are for maintaining the security of a free state.

They are not for turning into police, and selling for FAR less than what they are worth, so they can be melted down.

It sounds to me like people have acquired guns - through legal means - that may lead to the defense of themselves, others, or the freedom of themselves or others!

Good!
  • kashmirknight 2013/01/29 11:41:51
  • GINGERBREAD 2013/01/29 10:31:23
    LOL, too damn funny!
    GINGERBREAD
    +2
    Another liberal, socialist and communist idea gone "BUST". I get a kick out of all these stupid people, making all these rules, that all of a sudden find out the the free market have done the job for them. Hey, all of you stupid liberals, socialist and communist politicians, YOU GOT ANY MORE "IDEAS"?
  • wilsonmja 2013/01/29 09:36:00
    LOL, too damn funny!
    wilsonmja
    +1
    Proud to call Washington my home. We are on our way to being the freest state in the nation.
  • Dustin 2013/01/29 09:15:22
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Dustin
    +1
    I was actually wondering the other day why dealers were not all over these things after I saw a list of weapons collected at one. Because even 500 bucks of real money for some of those guns is highway robbery. Alot of the ones listed were 1200-5000 with a couple gems I saw one that depending on condition could have been worth over 15k. But with gun dealers out of stock and even the most absolute rockbottom price for very cheap low caliber gun 200-250. And if you can pick up almost any gun for 200 because you have the advantage of paying more and paying cash.

Historic pieces getting lost to these gun grabs I was extremely sad. A couple all time favorites not necessary expensive were there very limited editions hard to find. But I really think we need to fight fire with fire especially when they are melting down historic pieces I mean couple hundred in the world. For a freaking gift card worth a dinner for two at a place slightly better than McDonald's.
  • jacyn 2013/01/29 04:34:32
    LOL, too damn funny!
    jacyn
    +1
    Lol wow seattle police should stop making lemonade stands ha what i mean by that is they basically set up a table with a cloth and a moutain of gift cards and said "im buying guns buying your guns dont need to check if its stolen or involved in a murder case buy back your guns even if you stole them" lol police what can ya do when the dealers are comin for you bad cop bad cop what ya gona doo when they buy your gun lamo im done stupidity at its finest.
  • Slayer Tudd 2013/01/29 04:24:15
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Slayer Tudd
    +2
    That is way too funny. I hope this happens with more buyback programs in other states. Turn em all into gun shows hehe.
  • Buck 2013/01/29 04:06:41
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Buck
    +1
    I know one old Lady tryed to turn in one ,The officer told her to keep it,some one give her $23,000 for it..There be some good deals to be found.
  • AL 2013/01/29 04:02:51
    LOL, too damn funny!
    AL
    +2
    LOL! I know its only rock and roll, but i like it,YES I DO!
  • Cat 2013/01/29 03:58:28
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Cat
    +3
    I wish I'd been there. I'm looking for a 22 rifle.
  • AL Cat 2013/01/29 04:15:13
    AL
    +1
    Try a seach on the internet ' (you tube phoenix .22 hand gun! They run beteen $115.00 and $135.00 brand new! The problem in finding them in stock!
  • Cat AL 2013/01/29 04:17:04
    Cat
    +1
    I want a repeating bolt or lever action rifle.
  • AL Cat 2013/01/29 04:46:00
    AL
    sorry! I.m not much help there!
  • santa6642 2013/01/29 03:46:53
    LOL, too damn funny!
    santa6642
    +2
    Been doing it in our area for years , some Beautiful firearms have passed thru my hands, Love ny for that.
  • Raymond59 2013/01/29 03:23:18
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Raymond59
    +2
    This is even funnier than the story in Los Angeles where the LAPD had a "buyback program" and someone brought in a "Rocket Launcher." It turns out though that the Rocket Launcher tube was empty & the LAPD had "mud on its face." "Life's Is So UNFAIR!" ;-)
  • tina.l.specht 2013/01/29 02:58:48
    LOL, too damn funny!
    tina.l.specht
    +5
    Free market capitalism -supply & demand. Love it!
  • kevjon 2013/01/29 02:56:16
    LOL, too damn funny!
    kevjon
    +4
    Got to love it, what a bunch of complete idiots. This is no different that Obamas failed cash for clunkers and that stupid small business stimulus where you get a 5000.00 dollar tax deduction if you hire a guy who was unemployed for one year and pay him 100,000.00 for one year.
    This is the looniest bunch of complete idiots running this country.
  • kevinIn... kevjon 2013/01/29 03:14:01
    kevinInNewYork
    +3
    Too true.
  • kevinInNewYork 2013/01/29 02:46:51
    LOL, too damn funny!
    kevinInNewYork
    +2
    This is genius.
  • Bob Anderson 2013/01/29 02:40:15
  • joe keeney 2013/01/29 02:07:49
    LOL, too damn funny!
    joe keeney
    +3
    Hey they're rationing ammo I go to buy some only 5 boxes due to high demand. Gun are at a take it or leave it price.
  • Buck joe keeney 2013/01/29 04:08:59
    Buck
    +2
    Ammo is almost impossible to find,now.
  • AL Buck 2013/01/29 04:16:42
    AL
    +1
    You got that right! And you'll never get an answer of when they expect more!
  • joe keeney Buck 2013/01/29 17:33:03
    joe keeney
    +1
    We still got some but there not leting it all go to one person. Iwas after a thousand got two fifty. Better than most..
  • joe keeney Buck 2013/01/29 17:36:52
    joe keeney
    +1
    You can check gear guide they still had some last week.Or the sportmans guide 1800 888 3006.
  • Always Right 2013/01/29 01:22:42
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Always Right
    +4
    That takes the dangerous guns out, the ones nobody wants.
  • Butterfly 2013/01/29 01:20:58
    LOL, too damn funny!
    Butterfly
    +5
    This gun control,,,needs to stop...
    Happy for all of those collectors. 2nd ammendment rights. Whoo hoooo,
    And, Thomas Jefferson agrees with me.
  • Deborah... Butterfly 2013/01/29 01:57:58
    Deborah McGrath
    No he doesn't. He also saw the constitution as a living document and would probably oppose
    an antiquated amendment being imposed on a modern society where it wasn't legally or
    socially applicable. He was a true intellect right wing gun nuts just love violence. That is evil.
  • ManBearPig Deborah... 2013/01/29 02:05:19
    ManBearPig
    +3
    so then what youre saying is that all the Bill of Rights are outdated and need to be modified for today's society?

lets see how that goes with the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 10th amendment today with our culture in gov't
  • Deborah... ManBearPig 2013/01/29 04:58:46
    Deborah McGrath
    I never said that. As impressive as your command of the numbers 1 3 4 and 10 are
    (you cited nothing about any of these amendments so no points were really put forth)
    women would not be able to vote had the constitution been an unchangable document
    set in stone. Do you support women not being allowed to vote? I do support the
    right of US citizens to safely and responsibly bear arms for self protection. Our
    culture in government is much safer for civil liberties and the rule of law under
    Obama than it was during the Bush administration and many lives were lost and
    shattered because of a war waged for oil profits that was based on an illegal lie.
  • ManBearPig Deborah... 2013/01/29 05:17:13
    ManBearPig
    +1
    for one there is no amendment saying that women were not allowed to vote... they merely added that stipulation so that women could not be banned from voting (states put in laws banning women from voting)

legislation and protocols in law enforcement have already recinded the 4th amendment (the right to deny search & seizure without a warrant)... it is common today that law enforcement performs no-knock raids without any warrants... and it is common today that law enforcement uses probable cause as a means of searching property all because they have a subjective observation and only they can make that observation to decide probable cause

the 10th amendment (the rest of the power of gov't not mentioned in the constitution lies at the state level) has been trampled on since virtually the Civil War... there is no stipulation on education in the constitution but the federal gov't has taken over education at the national level and is telling the states how their educational systems are to be... drugs is nowhere near mentioned in the constitution but the gov't uses the lame ass excuse of commerce clause to ban something... by that logic since almost every product in a market can be applied under the commerce clause they have the power to ban whatever they want

for one we did not amend the...

for one we did not amend the first amendment whatsoever... there is no legislation banning anyone speaking their mind or practicing their own religion... obviously though gov't and companies are allowed to confront people about speaking their mind but they are not jailed for it

so if we havent banned people from speaking their mind and doing so would make it unconstitutional how can we ban certain guns only because they look dangerous? anyone with a brain knows shotguns are much more deadlier than semi-automatic weapons but are we calling for them to be banned?
  • kashmir... Deborah... 2013/01/29 11:52:13
  • Golden ... Deborah... 2013/01/29 02:16:48
    Golden Panther
    +2
    And a left wing nimrod like you has the audacity to tell real Americans what Thomas Jefferson would say and do in this age...I would lay 100-1 he would think you were either a commie, Muslim, racist, or just plain anti American.
  • kevjon Golden ... 2013/01/29 03:01:56
    kevjon
    +1
    No, none of those, he would have said she is flat out crazy and needs to be committed or taken out behind the wood shed.
  • Deborah... kevjon 2013/01/29 04:18:31
    Deborah McGrath
    Calling someone crazy is a common tactic of abusive people and we don't "take
    people out behind the wood shed" in developed, enlightened, civilized and humane
    societies. All I'm hearing is broad baseless attacks with no real facts or arguements
  • Deborah... Golden ... 2013/01/29 04:13:50
    Deborah McGrath
    I am a legal US citizen and for you to state that I am not a "real American" is factually
    and morally wrong. I am pro American and for the legal and philosophical tenets upon
    which this country is based. What does race have to do with this (aside from the
    unprecedented levels of hatred and demonization towords our president because of
    his color deny it but it's very obvious) and don't even get me started on what a cancer
    Islam is on the globe. Now I'm Muslim? Do you think my words and ideas warrent
    legal action against me? Taking up arms to disable the government is actionable.

2014/09/20 05:58:24