SCREW UP: Russian Ships Displayed At DNC Tribute To American Vets

Evil 1 2012/09/12 13:35:56

On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message.

But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships.

A spokesman for the Democratic National Convention Committee was not able to immediately comment Tuesday, saying he had to track down personnel to find out what had happened.

The veteran who spotted the error and notified Navy Times said he was immediately taken aback.

“I was kind of in shock,” said Rob Barker, 38, a former electronics warfare technician who left the Navy in 2006. Having learned to visually identify foreign ships by their radars, Barker recognized the closest ship as the Kara-class cruiser Kerch.

“An immediate apology [from the committee] would be very nice,” Barker said. “Maybe acknowledge the fact that yes, they screwed up.”

The background — featured in the carefully choreographed hour leading up to the president’s Sept. 6 speech accepting the Democratic Party’s nomination — showed four ships with radar designs not used in the U.S. fleet.

Read More: http://www.navytimes.com/mobile/news/2012/09/navy-...

• Yoru 2012/09/12 14:51:26
    Yoru
    ..............and?
  • Evil 1 Yoru 2012/09/12 17:43:24
    Evil 1
    So you feel that it is acceptable to insult the US veterans? If the DNC and Obama wanted to show that they truly understand this matter was disparaging to the veterans they would at least have the fortitude to apologize for the mistake.
  • Yoru Evil 1 2012/09/12 23:38:16
    Yoru
    my advice, get thicker skin.
  • Evil 1 Yoru 2012/09/13 00:06:48 (edited)
    Evil 1
    I could care less what your advice is. You should show some respect for those that gave you the right to voice such ignorant opinions as should the DNC and the POTUS.
  • Yoru Evil 1 2012/09/13 00:51:37
    Yoru
    there was no disrespect shown, plain and simple.
  • Evil 1 Yoru 2012/09/13 00:59:45
    Evil 1
    That's your opinon. The Veterans who risked their lives don't feel the same. They feel it was blatantly disrespectful. And considering it was done to honor them I would venture to say they are the ones whose opinon counts.
  • Yoru Evil 1 2012/09/13 03:50:11 (edited)
    Yoru
    then they can get over it, however, i would also point out you are far from the voice of every veteran that resides in this country.

Another con who has proven that they cannot sustain a conversation, your blocking only proves how insecure you are about your own position.
  • Evil 1 Yoru 2012/09/13 09:12:38 (edited)
    Evil 1
    I don't need to be the voice of every veteran as they have shown as a collective majority that they are unhappy with this incident. As for your statement that they should get over it shows that you are a typical 21 year old that is still wet behind the ears and out of touch with reality. So go back to your liberal brain washing professors and let them further indoctrinate you rather than being able to think for yourself. You are a shining example of what is wrong with this country. I would bet that you are going through college on the government dole or student loans and have never actually supported yourself your entire life. And once you graduate and can't find a job you will continue doing so by becoming one of the approximately 50 million on welfare that I am forced to support.

Rather than wasting my time trying to have a worthwhile discussion with someone who is incapable of doing so and lowering myself to your level I will bid you farwell. I will leave you to play with yourself which you are more than likely used to.
  • Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~ 2012/09/12 13:54:06
    Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~
    +1
    Do you really think they could tell the difference?

2014/04/23 13:35:06