SAY WHAT? A Donald Trump Campaign Is Only Good for Comedy?

Travis J. Quibbert 2011/05/02 15:00:00
Coming off his celebrated turn at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, "Saturday Night Live" comedian Seth Meyers reiterated that Donald Trump is really only good for one thing: comedy.

Meyers sat down with David Gregory on "Meet the Press":

If Donald Trump ran for president it would be the greatest thing for us. It would not be good for anybody else, but it would be excellent for us.

Read More: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/seth-myers-on-meet-the-...

• ttownbb 2011/05/07 21:30:25
    ttownbb
    He has funny hair
    He says funny things
    he even looks funny..
    Hell yea let keep him in.
  • Meng 2011/05/06 09:02:41
    Meng
    Does anybody actually take him seriously at this point? He's only the top GOP runner because everybody else is even more pathetic.
  • jess12 Meng 2011/05/07 00:07:38
  • Sparky 2011/05/06 01:31:36
    Sparky
    i didn't hear anything from obama to make anyone that actually is proud to be an american vote for him then, Why would anyone want to now! I honestly believe if his skin was any other color he would not be in office.. period.
  • LifeIsComedyPHAET 2011/05/06 00:29:20
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    +2
    I don't even want to think about his diplomacy skills, or lack thereof. It would be a nightmare to watch him deal with other world leaders, a funny nightmare, but a nightmare nonetheless.
  • Meng LifeIsC... 2011/05/06 09:04:35
    Meng
    +1
    His idea of diplomacy in the Middle East--"We won the war in Iraq, that's OUR oil now." It's embarrassing that he's even an option at this point.
  • Smokey 2011/05/04 12:20:36
    Smokey
    +1
    I think Donald Trump should fire back and make jokes about SNL... laugh a bit. It was only a joke. :)
  • dallasjoe 2011/05/03 14:49:41
    dallasjoe
    +2
    C.mon has anybody asked to see the Birth Cert for that thing on his head. I can see the Perfect ticket Trump and Sy Spurling
  • Razzy R... dallasjoe 2011/05/04 12:34:42
  • ToxicChili 2011/05/03 14:17:48
    ToxicChili
    Nothing like a good trump to make people laugh.
  • zkittle06 2011/05/03 13:29:42
    zkittle06
    +1
    With Palin going down in burning flames and losing media coverage someone has to pick up the slack.
  • Slade 2011/05/03 13:01:20
    Slade
    +1
    he is also good at speaking the truth about the kenyon cricket
  • zkittle06 Slade 2011/05/03 13:36:19
    zkittle06
    +2
    Kenyon? So he's from Kenyo now?
  • Slade zkittle06 2011/05/03 13:38:52
    Slade
    dahhhh......kenya, soory for the typo. was that meant to be sarcastic? kenyan, socialist, ahole....whatever.
  • dallasjoe Slade 2011/05/03 14:51:33
    dallasjoe
    trump copuld be also a supporter of Communism since he prefers to buy CHINESE rather than AMERICAN He also flies in a FRENCH Helicopter
  • Slade dallasjoe 2011/05/03 15:09:18
    Slade
    obamas daddy was a kenyan muslim so i will fly in trumps french chopper anytime....
  • Smokey Slade 2011/05/04 12:22:34
    Smokey
    What do you have against Kenyans and Muslims?
  • Slade Smokey 2011/05/05 00:35:19
    Slade
    nothing until they try to bring both to America.
  • Smokey Slade 2011/05/05 02:09:03
    Smokey
    +1
    I thought America was about religious freedoms and racially and culturally diverse. I personally don't have anything against Kenyans who come to our country legally and seek to become American citizens. I also have no ill feelings towards Muslims because for the most part, many of them are nice people. We just focus on the 1% that are bad. As for President Obama's father being Kenyan, that is NOT his fault. You seem to forget that his mother is an American and he was born in America, thus making our President an American citizen. But since you put down his father, I can see your motivation behind what you said. It saddens me, but ignorance will never go away.

Smokey
  • Slade Smokey 2011/05/05 11:21:47
    Slade
    Smokey,
    spend some time in the middle east and see the problem. it is idealism at work, which in turn breeds hatred. i am sure your parents are christian, not muslim......the islamic ideals are much different than those our parents (and some of us) have for America. And by the way, I detest Obama because of his agenda, not his color. Though I must say, I do not understand why blacks overwhelmingly voted for him.
    Slade
  • JFukov Slade 2011/05/05 18:58:06
    JFukov
    +1
    Christianity and Islam are actually quite similar.
  • Slade JFukov 2011/05/05 20:38:19
    Slade
    well, for the most part anyway, i will agree.
  • Smokey Slade 2011/05/06 01:59:38
    Smokey
    +1
    Slade,

Ha, ha, ha... I'm sorry, but I had to laugh (not at you) but I spent much time in the Middle East, including Iraq, Saudi, Somalia, Turkey, and Kuwait. While I was fighting for our country when serving in the United States Army, I had the great opportunity to have met very nice, ethical, and honest Muslims and those that practiced their faith in all of those countries.

I also served with soldiers that were Muslim that believed in the same idealogy of freedom and respect for all mankind.

My father is a Christian minister. I am a Christian. However, I've met several people who used that term and weren't Christians. In fact, when my family was the first BLACK family to move into a neighborhood in Alabama, we were greated with a cross burnt in our front yard. A few days later, I was beaten up by a mob of hate group Whites that thought themselves to be CHRISTIANS.

What ideals did they have? I didn't hate ALL Christians because of the act of a few bad people. That is what you're doing Sir. You are accussing ALL Muslims in being bad because the actions of a few.

I can't answer why most Blacks are block voters and steer to the Democrat party. But I can tell you this... the Republicans have done very little to become a diverse party and reach out to everyone of all cult...

Slade,

I can't answer why most Blacks are block voters and steer to the Democrat party. But I can tell you this... the Republicans have done very little to become a diverse party and reach out to everyone of all cultures and ideals. I'm a registered Republican, but I've voted across party lines. I now vote for whom I think will do the BEST for the majority of the people.

Detest is a STRONG word. I NEVER hated any of our Presidents. I may have disagreed with them, regardless of their party, but I NEVER would use the word detest. Some may detest the words you have written... how can they judge you totally on a few ignorant statements. You could be a nice person.

Something to think about.

Smokey
  • Meng Slade 2011/05/06 09:11:34
    Meng
    The US is one of the most idealistic countries on the planet. Just look at our War of Terror in the Middle East, fueled by religious fervor.

We are the most violent country on the face of the planet. 1300 military bases worldwide in around 200 countries, 50,000 in Germany alone (the war ended 60 years ago). We spend more on our military than the rest of the world combined.
  • dallasjoe Slade 2013/02/12 19:29:52
    dallasjoe
    Does not matter who your Dad is it matters were you were Born and Hawaii in 1961 was American and his mother was American
  • Charlied169 2011/05/03 12:13:46
    Charlied169
    I agree with Seth. It would give a lot of people good comedy fodder!
  • Nudenz 2011/05/03 11:53:29
    Nudenz
    +1
    I can't imagine Trump as President.
  • Vanessa... Nudenz 2011/05/03 14:04:07
    Vanessa Farrow
    Me either
  • dallasjoe Nudenz 2011/05/03 14:52:10
    dallasjoe
    Now here is a losing ticker palin Trump or Trump palin
  • Tigger Too 2011/05/03 09:58:44
  • Myrle Hulme 2011/05/03 09:20:25
    Myrle Hulme
    +1
    He is just an attention seeker
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2011/05/03 08:11:28
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    One thing is for sure, anyone is better comedy than Saturday Live. And Meet the Press with David Gregory has become a weekly national joke, painful too.
  • Tigger Too Annie~P... 2011/05/04 14:16:40
    Tigger Too
    I haven't watched SNL in awhile, but the last time I watched it, it was pretty funny. Sadly, I must agree with you 100% about David Gregory. Sure, he had some big shoes to fill when Tim Russert suddenly died. {May he rest in peace. I LOVED that guy, and he was the BEST!} However, I don't think NBC picked the right guy when they chose Gregory to replace Russert. This dude should have stuck with making an ass out of himself occasionally on "The Today Show." {Hey, have you seen Luke Russert, Tim's son? He's making a name for himself in the reporting world. Maybe HE should do "Meet The Press."}
  • Bob DiN 2011/05/03 07:18:54
    Bob DiN
    He raises point nobody want to have the guts to talk about.
  • zkittle06 Bob DiN 2011/05/03 13:37:43
    zkittle06
    +1
    He's all guts and no brains.
  • Bob DiN zkittle06 2011/05/03 13:48:47
    Bob DiN
    Nobody without brains can be a successful billionaire. Sly like a fox is more like it.
  • zkittle06 Bob DiN 2011/05/03 14:09:16
    zkittle06
    +1
    You mean you have to have brains to inherit billions?
  • Bob DiN zkittle06 2011/05/03 14:18:45
    Bob DiN
    Say what you want I like him for his candor.
  • zkittle06 Bob DiN 2011/05/04 00:10:47
    zkittle06
    +1
    Hm, maybe he can run with Paris Hilton, to your standards she must have brains and guts as well.
  • Bob DiN zkittle06 2011/05/04 01:51:44
    Bob DiN
    She's a slut.

2014/04/19 12:02:46