Quantcast

Groups :: .::SAVE OUR EARTH::. : Comments

VoteOut
    I think respect conservation not wasting energy avoid pollution with in reason to protect the environment you live in. But as for saving the planet lets think about it?

What are your thoughts on this perspective?
    no one here
    ONe of my new songs is called "Mother Earth 2012", much of my music has themses based on Earth Spirituality and of the Grat Basin Native American Natdia Ceremony. ONe version was called the Ghost Dance and the songs have some components. THe Natdia ceremonya nd songs are intended to heal Mother Earth and ALL...

Melvin G. Brewster - Nativerockdoc on MySpace Music - Free ...MySpace Music profile for Melvin G. Brewster - Nativerockdoc. Download Melvin G. Brewster - Nativerockdoc Alternative / Progressive / Rock music singles, ...
    www.myspace.com/nativerockdoc

Inconsistency
    LONG LIVE THE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cronewinter
    the earth is our mother..we must take care of her so she can continue to take care of us.this is my very simplified statement of belief.
    no one here
    (PLEASE EXCUSE ANY SPELLING and/or grammar errors (lol) : )

I realize folks each have their own personal opinion of nature, and I respect that. I am no expert climatologist or paleoenvironmental analyst either. This is what my personal view and it is based on science and on Native American Spiritual belief, some of us refer to as the Red Road.

I think the issues revolving around OUR preservation as human beings and OUR Mother, are intertwined and extremely important. As one may glean from that map of carbon emissions, it is an unnatural effect. The fact is, is that we do not have enough scientific data to understand exactly what the imprint of human beings upon our benefactor are. I think it is the bifurcation between human beings and Mother Earth that has brought about the desecration of life for all living creatures.

I am no longer a Christian, was raised Episcopalian, however, during my early inculcation I was instilled with a deep love of nature and my place within it. As some far right friends of mine have recently stated, I cannot own what I never did own. That is true, I cannot own Mother Earth, and my view is neither can anyone else own their Mother.

'

(PLEASE EXCUSE ANY SPELLING and/or grammar errors (lol) : )

This view is pre-Cain and hierarchical civilization which brought about a food surplus, divine Kings, materialism, environmental degradation, armies, women as below men, and inequity amongst all People. We can observe this in the Middle East and within some of the early city states within the American continent e.g., I am not that familiar with early Asian developments.

I think the Old Testament covers early Hebrew oral tradition and that around 10,000+ BC (perhaps), that individuals. primarily the women, without any guilt laid here or blame, came to start broadcasting seeds and so forth in an attempt to feed their famalies. This gets into the Men are hunters and women are gatherers, debate, as to the Garden of Eden vs., the Gates of Hell contrasts amongst researchers. So, the biting of the apple and the tree of knowledge was a mutual thing, not to be put on women solely.

In turn, people started to become herdsmen at this same juncture, while agriculture started to become more frequent, their was definitely much disagreement between the hunters and gatherers vs., the modern people. So, it appears that by 8,000 BC, that people had dessicated their environments by herding and agriculture had developed to the point where it created food surplus. Hunters and gatherers must have been feeling extensive impact on their delicate balance of life with mother Earth.

As we can glean from the bible, for many years the Hebrews remained within the Hunter and Gatherer, herder, mode and its attendant subsistence and settlement pattern(s). . We do observe similar scenario's and orientations throughout the world that show hunters and gatherers existed alongside early agriculturists for thousands of years.

Another thing we can glean from the Old Testament is that the Hebrews e.g., honored their old ceremonies and protocol. THat the world is much more ancient then the standard 4,000+ year Creation date provided by some biblical scholars. This is where my heritage as a Native American allows me to see and to understand the bible within a different framework. It covers much more time then the literal reading of it provides.

I think that modern people have a bifurcated view of Grandmother Earth. That is, hunters and gatherers are intimate observers of the natural seasonal cycles and therefore a sort of eclectic biologist(s).

Because of thinking this (OUR) Mother is an object, it is impossible for particular individuals to understand that issues like Global Warming must be addressed. We can choose between the the Mother Earth is getting warmer because of holes in the ozone layer, thereby allowing harmful Sun rays to provide a bit too much sun (as to harmful rays). Or that it is simply natural phenomena and to be ignored.

Some have hypothesized, it (holes in the ozone) may bring about an Ice Age eventually, could be now, now that oil and so forth are drained from Grandmother. As important minerals and water are dessicated, we appear to be experiencing extensive environmental chaos and so-called natural disasters. My belief is that we are experiencing this phenomena world-wide due to desecrations. Mining, oil drilling, draining of ancient hydrological basins and so forth to do the other two.

In the Great Basin e.g., we know over the last 40,000 years that during this time there has been an ebbing and flowing of various average environments from core samples and flora and fauna analysis of various archaeological sites. Through direct observation of tangible data.

We can observe how in some instances Volcanism has contributed to similar effects as that of pollution. However, these are two theories, we really do not know, science is always a best guess.

Here in the Great Basin we know that there have been extensive accumulations of ice and glaciers and so forth. That in a few instances there appears to have been extensive melting. Between 24,000 BP and 10,000 years before present in Lake Lohontan and Lake Bonneville, we can see that the water at times was a much as 300 feet in depth above the desert floor. We have theorized this through observations of various high stands along these ancient lakes. Processes like ecstatic rebound that appears to have brought about an uplift when the water receded are hypothesized near Salt Lake City for example on Stansbury Island and along the Wastatch front.

Within the Great Basin, we see that their were extensive droughts through time, and wet periods. We can observe that People oriented through this process, I am in the camp that this area has been continually settled for 14,000+ years by related People, while others feel it is impossible, some as far as to claim it was abandoned, and that various groups ebbed and flowed with the environment, in some instances expanding at the expense of others. I think this is bogus however. MY view is that some archaeologists have a tendency to recreate their own image in the archaeological record, especially those who have experienced a continual and gradual expansionist occupation of the New World and so forth, via Manifest Destiny and its horrifying results.

We can observe that water is practically polluted anywhere one might go. It has been many years since an individual could drink from any stream within the Intermountain West, I have done it, however, it is not a good idea. I have observed some folks get very sick, such as in Fallon, Nevada where their is a leukemia cluster.

So, this is a long and extensive topic, but I think we as human beings must wake up and find other ways to view our life, our ancestors, and those to come in the future.

I think global warming is real, and i think that our views as modern people are bifurcated at its worse extreme and this has led to the desecration of our home. We have very limited data on space travel and what is beyond Mother Earth. It is horrible to think about the extensive damage we have done collectively and continue to do.

I do all I can to try and help, yet, my efforts are often considered as crazy, or bad, or that I hate people and so forth. There is much to be done, but few who will break with academic conformity, or the views of the dominant majority. However, life is not worth living for me personally to allow the continual depletion, desecration, and National Mythological views that we as Americans hold which contribute to our eventual downfall. Did this wreck my career, yes, as far as $$$$, but not as far as my influence as a Native scientist.

I do not think ALL people will die, but we are in the last paragraph and chapter of desecrations. You may call it Armageddon, or Grandmother waking up and throwing human beings off her back, but it is real. A transformation we will all have to ride out, it does not have to be bad, we do not know this, but the biggest DEVIL we must overcome is the devil in ourself!
    (more)
    Jim
    OK...Don't get emotional about this....the planets temperature is caused by....THE SUN STUPID!!!!!

Come on folks....don't depend on the unsubstantiated tripe that has been fed to you. Do your own research...the information is there to collect....the planet is acutally getting cooler.

Mars got warmer, Mercury got warmer, Venus got warmer.....Earth got warmer...

You know what...they are all going to cool, too.

I am a very staunch advocate of reducing polutants, especially water polutants, but, I don't depend on the "MEDIA" to get my statistics.

I hate polution of all types...including noise polution, which is what this globalwarmingcarboncredit stuff is.

Let's take on a battle worth winning. Clean water.
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I love my Earth, but I have a hard time swallowing the Global Warming theory, especially since I have seen more snow since they started crying about it than I had in the thirty years prior. In any case we should be growing more trees and plants for oxygen. Unfortunately, I don't have a green thumb. I tried growing ivy one time, and it died. I didn't know it would do that!
    kat
    any one out there
    kat
    i think that the earth should not be trashed
    Chula21
    Just call me Green bean Latina
    La Chick
    I would LOve to HElp you people to Save the world cause Im Worried Too !!!!!!!!!
    Matt
    Why are there more people in the starbucks group then in this one. Didn't starbucks use indentured servants to get there beans?
    Megagenie
    We must put on our every effort to stop the global warming from increasing throughout the countries of our planet. People must stop polluting all over the place because it will only continue to contribute to the destruction of Earth and the life we bear here.