Satanic Treatment At Christian Camp For Not Wanting To Shoot a Firearm?

Manuel 2012/04/21 06:59:54
This is a great Camp to send young boys too.
This Camp sends the wrong message to young boys.
For identity protection...the parents of this incident allowed me to rewrite their story of their son's torment in a Christian camp without using there real names or the name of the camp because it's all going to court.

When Harry and Sally sent their 11-year-old son to Camp in the mid west of the Bible belt, they expected the boy's summer stay would be a 'positive, Christian-based experience.' In fact, the camp itself notes that 'Christ is first' and that it operates as 'an arm of the local church in which a Bible-centered program is used to develop camper spirituality.'

However the couple didn't realize guns were a big part of this camp. According to the a federal lawsuit, things didn't work out for young James in this Christian Camp. Instead, the boy's parents allege in their complaint to the Court, he was subjected to an assortment of 'inhumane, degrading, and criminal conduct' during a one-week stay in the summer of 2010.

Among 19 separate indignities cited in the married couples complaint was their son, James had to endure wedgies, was 'kicked in the privates,' had his camera smashed, got dunked headfirst in a toilet, while being penis smacked by some in his face... and if all that wasn't enough ...he was tied to a tether ball pole ...all this because he basically said guns were not a Christian thing to do.

The camp had a course in rifle and pistol shooting to learn how to shoot targets and learn skills in hunting legal game such as deer and rabbits and defending one's self with a gun....( sounds nuts if you ask me ).... James complained to the staff and told them guns are not right for kids to play with.

Of course the older teen counselors he complained to called him a Pussy and a faggot and made fun of him and that set the other adolescent boys against him with all the devilish acts and name calling that were described earlier.

The lawsuit, which does not specify monetary damages beyond 6 figures, contends that James was tormented by young fellow campers and older teen counselors.

As a result of the camp's negligence, the parents charge, their son has suffered hurt feelings, mental anguish, and a serious disruption of his faith in Christ.

Furthermore James comes from a Liberal Family who are of the Christian faith. They are Episcopalians. No where were they ever taught that guns were a part of the Christian Faith.

But in the Conservative world of Christianity...Guns are closer to God then Jesus is....that's the way it appears. The right totes nothing but God and guns.

What kind of nonsense is this? A Gun camp posing as a Christian camp for young boys?..and if a boy thinks it wrong he should suffer humiliation and physical degrading abuses?

Is this how the Christian conservatives teach their kids about God?...to use guns? Is this a good Christian Camp?

• CREW grand 2012/04/21 17:04:10
    CREW grand
    +4
    What use would a Christian ever have for a gun anyway?
    Offense? No, "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."
    Defense? No, "Turn the other cheek."
    The only other option I see is "Being a dangerously hypocritical psychopath."

Don

• ehrhornp 2012/05/08 03:26:46
    ehrhornp
    So very Christian. lol

Just goes to show the nuts in this country.
  • Sofahead 2012/05/01 23:29:27
    Sofahead
    I've had this hot conflict with Envangelic Christians about hunting for sport and it proved to be so devisive hot button issue that has since been avoid.

The camp obviously fails on several levels as be Christian. They are SUPPOSED to be setting a Christ-like example for others, which is apparently alien to this lot but antagonistic.

I hope the camp lose the last suit with maybe some criminal charges pressed and major damages awarded, they deserve it big time.
  • acid 2012/04/25 03:31:14
    acid
    i'm christian and yes i did learn how to work with a gun when i was 10 but the thing i's i WANTED to learn and i learned when my dad thought i was ready. i was never forced to learn and this kid shouldn't have been ethier
  • Manuel acid 2012/04/28 16:22:57
    Manuel
    it wasn't about force...it was about how he was treated for his opinion....by other conservative Christians ...if you can call them that...
  • acid Manuel 2012/05/07 02:49:10
    acid
    and that too
  • GaolBlaze 2012/04/22 15:02:15
    GaolBlaze
    While I completely disagree with what happened - "As a result of the camp's negligence, the parents charge, their son has suffered hurt feelings, mental anguish, and a serious disruption of his faith in Christ." just loses the case for me. Hurt feelings and a disruption in his faith in Christ aren't worth a lawsuit. It's just childhood bullying. I completely disagree with it, yes, but hurt feelings and a disruption in faith aren't something to go to court about. They should really phrase it differently...
  • Manuel GaolBlaze 2012/04/28 16:25:19
    Manuel
    I think the court case is more then that...bullying etc... is not a Christian value...unless conservatives have changed the meaning of what it is to be Christian..
  • GaolBlaze Manuel 2012/04/29 18:17:07
    GaolBlaze
    I have no idea what you're trying to say, sorry :P
  • Manuel GaolBlaze 2012/05/01 03:08:09
    Manuel
    is bullying a Christian value?...just say yes or no....
  • GaolBlaze Manuel 2012/05/01 16:40:01
    GaolBlaze
    But that's completely irrelevant. Just because bullying happened there, doesn't mean the camp was trying to teach bullying, they aren't at fault with that. No need to be so snide when you're wrong.
  • Manuel GaolBlaze 2012/05/01 18:24:29
    Manuel
    but the kids were being bullies based on the vibe they got from the older counselors who should have known better..so in a indirect way...they were catering to it...
    By them not stopping it is just as bad as participating in it...No need to be so snide when you're the ONE really wrong.

We both know bulling isn't a Christian value...but that wasn't taught in this christian camp....
  • GaolBlaze Manuel 2012/05/04 16:07:32
    GaolBlaze
    TEEN counselors, they aren't in charge of the place.
    I wasn't being snide, cop on.
    And I don't think you're getting the point. They didn't go out and specifically bully that boy, they were at fault with neglect, maybe, but they can't have eyes on everyone all the time. So the camp needs some improvements, that doesn't mean they should have to pay the family and go along their merry way. Not having eyes on them does not mean that they were condoning what happened, and so your point is simply wrong.
  • GaolBlaze Manuel 2012/05/01 16:40:02
    GaolBlaze
  • Manuel GaolBlaze 2012/05/01 18:25:32
    Manuel
  • freakoutnow... cuz mom's here 2012/04/22 08:27:52
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    First off unless I read a real article on this than the validity of this story is questionable to me. One thing not mentioned nor can be known be anyone except those who were there (if this true that is) is HOW he presented his belief that it was unChristian to use guns. Also just because it's a Christian camp doesn't mean that the councelors are all Christians or the campers are all Christians either. Without all the facts (which can't be truely known completely unless you were there) it's impossible to give an answer that isn't speculation or cliche in some way.
  • Manuel freakou... 2012/04/28 16:27:19
    Manuel
    Either way...do you think this was the right way for a camp to handle one of their campers?
  • santa6642 2012/04/22 04:10:47
    santa6642
    +1
    BS to this story.
  • Manuel santa6642 2012/04/28 16:29:16
    Manuel
    B.S. ?.....I wish that were true....
  • psychobabe 2012/04/21 22:22:57
    psychobabe
    Do you have a link to the story?
  • Manuel psychobabe 2012/04/28 16:28:14
    Manuel
    you can find it...it's ot hard....use the title...
  • psychobabe Manuel 2012/04/28 17:05:19
    psychobabe
    I'm sure it's not. My point was, when posting a thread about a story, the author of the thread should post a link. Have proof to what he is claiming. I don't take anybodies word at face value. A link should have been provided.
  • Manuel psychobabe 2012/05/01 03:10:37
    Manuel
    just type the title in on a reach mode and you will find it and others....
  • psychobabe Manuel 2012/05/01 23:29:02
    psychobabe
    Oh bother. Yes, I reverted back to Winnie the Pooh. Please don't ask me why. =0) I think it would be much simpler if you just flat out said..."If you are honest about finding out the truth, you'll search the damn thing yourself." Am I right? ;-)
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/04/21 22:20:12
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    Boy Christian Camps must have changed since I was a kid. Wow! Very bad.
  • Manuel Nam Era... 2012/04/28 16:30:23
    Manuel
    +1
    not all of them are like this...and even the boy scouts have some troops that are pretty evil....
  • Nam Era... Manuel 2012/04/28 16:32:13
  • Frank 2012/04/21 22:14:55 (edited)
    Frank
    +1
    I would like to see the story verified. But if it is true, and it goes national- the only thing I have to say is that sadly, it does not suprise me at all.
  • Manuel Frank 2012/04/28 16:32:23
    Manuel
    +1
    it is true...but it was now limited to posting certain names...but you can put the title in a search and find it in a less dramatic form ....
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/04/21 21:31:32
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    Without any credible evidence showing this is real, I sincerely doubt that it ever took place.
  • Manuel Kat ♪ ~... 2012/04/28 16:33:32
    Manuel
    just do a search on ....Satanic Treatment At Christian Camp
  • Kat ♪ ~... Manuel 2012/04/28 19:56:18
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    Just Googled it all the references are to SodaHead questions and 1 twitter mentioning SodaHead, not credible. Yahoo had the same.
  • Manuel Kat ♪ ~... 2012/05/01 03:24:46
    Manuel
    here it is...Google this title...Devilish Treatment At Christian Camp? and read it .... the actual court case document can be seen when you hit the red box that says View Source Document ...
  • Kat ♪ ~... Manuel 2012/05/01 03:32:32
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    from 2005, court document didn't look authentic, wording wasn't accurate. I don't consider the smoking gun a reliable source, I'm still not buying it.
  • Manuel Kat ♪ ~... 2012/05/01 18:29:30
    Manuel
    of course you wouldn't...your still in denial about Obama's Birth Certificate... Short and long forms...lol

Any document from me will be looked at by you like that anyway....that's the life of a right wing sheepe...
  • Bill 2012/04/21 21:18:15
    Bill
    +1
    WTF!!!!??? I'd like to see them--or any number of them-try that uhh-"crap" with me!!~ or anyone i know!!~ 'Hope they get those 'REAL MEN' of that camp..Men?? lol! Right...
  • Marie-Jacqueline 2012/04/21 19:58:33 (edited)
    Marie-Jacqueline
    +1
    First of all I have to say that sending children of to summercamps in the US for weeks is something I don't understand.

Having said that, to the post at hand:
    This story about this boy leaves me with a few questions.
    Were the parents aware of the fact that guntraining would be part of the activities in that camp or did that come as a total surprise??
    Wasn't there another option for those that didn't want to paticipate gun training?

A Christian camp and gun training is something that does not combine at all!

My symphaty goes to the boy!
    He endured early in life the abuse a person gets whennot doing that what everybody does just because they are the majority and they say so.
    He stood his ground!
    He must have been afraid, but being afraid didn't hinder him to show much courage.
    I hope his parents are proud of him

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience"
    Source unknown

“I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others.”
    Thomas Jefferson (American 3rd US President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence. (1762-1826)
  • Manuel Marie-J... 2012/04/28 16:37:02
    Manuel
    +1
    interesting view....
  • CREW grand 2012/04/21 17:04:10
    CREW grand
    +4
    Defense? No, "Turn the other cheek."

Don
  • Manuel CREW grand 2012/04/21 18:10:04
    Manuel
    +3
    camps like this can lead to that....
  • freakou... CREW grand 2012/04/22 08:03:20
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    What about defending others? Just because you refuse to defend yourself doesn't mean you should defend the sick, the elderly, the young children who are incabable of protect themselves, etc. The Shalolin Monks are pacifist but they learned that they had to defend themselves againt thieves, animals, and protect the innocent around them. Fighting can't always be avoided because you have to protect those who can't protect themselves from those who could attack them. Should fighting be avoided? Sure when possible. That's why you should first try to prevent the attack from ever happening and second try to just scare away/negotiate with those who try to attack, and at last resort defend against the threat. If you don't want to defend yourself that's fine but defending other is a very Christian thing to do. Did Jesus just let that woman accused of being a prostitute be stoned by the Pharisees? No, he told the Pharisees ''He who is without sin cast the first stone.'' He defended her and then told her to quit sinning.

2014/10/23 00:17:50