Sarah Palin Radio's Exclusive Jason Recher Interview, More Game Change Lies

US for Palin 2012/03/09 23:57:31
Sarah Palin Radio

Over the weekend HBO will air Game Change, the controversial movie based on the equally controversial book of the same title. On Sunday, March 11 at 2000 / 8 PM EST, REELZ will bring The Undefeated to TV, with encores on March 12, at 2200 / 10 PM EST and March 25 at 1730 / 5:30 PM EST. Unlike Game Change, The Undefeated tells the true story about Sarah Palin's accomplishments as Governor of Alaska, how she brought reform to her state and how her enemies tried to destroy her.

Jason Recher: Game Change "Anti-Fact, Anti-History"

LaDonna Hale Curzon, Executive Producer and Host of Sarah Palin Radio. interviewed Jason Recher, who has been an aide to Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin since the McCain-Palin campaign of 2008. Recher said that Steve Schmidt from the McCain campaign - who is responsible for numerous lies about Gov. Palin - "does not like 'uppity' women" such as her - and Schmidt "can't handle the truth." Recher said, "they got two things right with Game Change. There was an election in 2008 and Sarah Palin was on the ticket." He described the movie otherwise as "anti-fact" and "anti-history" and quipped that "HBO stands for 'Help Barack Obama.'" Recher is not alone in his assessment. Stacy Drake reported that according to Breitbart's Big Hollywood, Game Change could be construed as an in-kind contribution to Obama's campaign.

You can hear Curzon's interview with Recher at Sarah Palin Radio, or in the embedded audio transcript.

Sarah Palin Radio in the Lions' Den

Curzon wrote her report of what happened at a Washington, D.C. screening of Game Change in a release:

Last night, I attended the premiere of HBO's movie Game Change in Washington, D.C. at the Newseum. Unlike the New York screening, where guests were feted with a sit-down dinner at the Four Seasons, Washington guests had to make do with just a standing-only reception.

The movie's stars Julianne Moore, Tom Hanks and other cast members and production executives, in true Hollywood fashion, walked past a mob of reporters but oddly enough, the red carpet was actually blue, perhaps a nod to the blue state/red state distinction. It was, in essence, Hollywood on the Potomac.

In January, I was invited to this premiere by Lisa Kline, who was Gov. Palin's stylist during the Republican National Convention that led to the over-hyped, so-called "wardrobe controversy." Lisa vindicated Gov. Palin and proved the wild allegations to be false in a 2010 interview that she had with me on Sarah Palin Radio. Of course, the lamestream media completely ignored that interview and, in doing so, ignored the truth as well. So what's new?

Lisa is portrayed in the movie which is why she was invited to the premiere. I interviewed Lisa yesterday on Sarah Palin Radio and she pointed out several falsehoods in the movie. She was interviewed by the film's screenwriter Danny Strong prior to his writing the screenplay. She explicitly told him that it was serious business with Gov. Palin regarding the wardrobe run-through. He chose to ignore his own "research" and made Gov. Palin appear giddy during the wardrobe scenes. Lisa also said that Gov. Palin never mispronounced Jimmy Choo. In fact, it never happened. No matter. That's Hollywood, the land of make-believe.

Seeing friends handing out SarahPAC's Game Change "showbill" outside the Newseum gave me courage to enter the lion's den. Being so deep behind enemy lines was nerve-wracking, to say the least, but I could easily tell who was from Hollywood. They were the people who weren't eating and air-kissing one another.

Morning Joe Scarborough created a buzz at the reception working the room like the seasoned politician that he is. Also making the rounds was PBS NewsHour correspondent Gwen Ifil, who was portrayed in the movie. She was the moderator in the vice presidential debate that Gov. Palin won against Joe Biden. She was wearing the same light, blue jacket that she wore in the debate and movie. Now that's what I call getting a lot of mileage out of a jacket.

When I saw Danny Strong, the film's screenwriter, sitting one row in front of me, I attempted to ask him how much of the movie was actually based on fact since there are no named sources in either the movie or book but he pretended not to hear me and quickly looked away.

It appears that Danny, who got his start "acting" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer now fancies himself as Danny the Sarah Palin Slayer. Dream on Danny boy.

Game Change screenwriter Danny Strong in a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode.

Sitting in the row behind me was Mr. Sell-out himself Steve Schmidt. He did not look happy. I didn't see him crack a smile once not even when he was introduced to the audience by Tom Hanks. As far as evil goes, he certainly looks the part.

As for the movie, I ask only this: Who's got whom in the cross hairs?

This HBO hit piece that masquerades as "a fair portrayal of the 2008 election" is nothing short of a character assassination of Gov. Palin. The idea that Gov. Palin seriously told Schmidt, "I sure don't want to go back to Alaska," is as ludicrous as Nicole Wallace's sobbing scene crying that she couldn't vote for the ticket she had worked so hard for. Spare me please.

And the scenes where racial slurs are hurled at McCain-Palin events once again raises its ugly head egged on by the left despite the fact that this never happened and has been proven false time and again. No matter. The left hopes that if they continue lying, it will eventually be accepted as the truth.

Toward the end of the movie, Schmidt lies to Gov. Palin when he states that no vice presidential candidate has given a concession speech. That's just a bald-face lie, as bald as Schmidt's vein-popping head.

There were some memorable lines in the movie like "Sarah is a transformative figure like Ronald Reagan," and the moving woman-on-the-street interview praising Gov. Palin, "She talks to me and nobody talks to me." Certain parts of the film, where you'd suspect laughter from the audience, fell flat. One could feel the audience getting tired of the constant ridicule heaped on Gov. Palin. It wasn't funny, it was pathetic.

The left ought to be ashamed for not only producing but celebrating what amounts to a political hit job. But the left, as we all know too well, knows no shame. The left only knows hatred.

Game Change screenwriter Danny Strong.

After the screening, I, like most of the women in the audience, made a beeline to the lady's room where I overheard a telling conversation between two, young women. They both agreed that after watching Game Change, they now have more respect for Gov. Palin.

Hollywood will most likely give this farce of a movie some awards. The American public, however, will not be fooled by the left's obvious tactics. Their gig is up.

Curzon is the Executive Producer and Host of Sarah Palin Radio. Since Sarah Palin Radio was launched in 2008, the program has been covered on MSNBC, CNN, WUSA, "America's Morning News," Agence France-Presse TV, SVT Sweden TV, PJTV, United Press International,The Washington Times, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The New Yorker magazine and numerous blogs and radio shows. The executive producer and host was named "Worse Person in the World" by Keith Olbermann on his MSNBC show and acknowledged by Gov. Palin in her best-selling book Going Rogue.

Curzon is also the Associate Producer of US Tea Party Radio and a contributor to PJTV and Breitbart's Big Government and Big Hollywood.

Audio Transcript of Jason Recher Interview

Listen to internet radio with LaDonna Hale Curzon on Blog Talk Radio

Leave a comment and start the discussion!

2014/09/24 02:33:48