Sanjay Gupta Surgeon General Withdrawal: Is Obama scaring nominees away?

Political Pirate 2009/03/06 00:22:01
Yeah. Obama needs to stop scaring nominees away like Sanjay Gupta for Surgeon General.
No. Sanjay Gupta just doesn't want to lose money working for Obama as Surgeon General.
Sanjay Gupta was running for Surgeon General?
Sanjay Gupta is no longer running for Surgeon General because he wants to focus on his medical career and his reporting. Gupta has decided to withdraw from the Surgeon General position because he doesn't want a pay cut, or having to report to 2 bosses. However, Obama wanted to appoint Tom Daschle to fill both the positions of health secretary and health reform office director, whom Gupta would have had to report to. But so be it, Sanjay Gupta is running away from the Obama administration just like many others have done already.

Is Obama scaring people away from wanting major political roles?

• Irember911 2009/03/06 00:30:59
    Yeah. Obama needs to stop scaring nominees away like Sanjay Gupta for Surgeon...
    Irember911
    +9
    people who are not corrupt will not work for the whitehouse, this president has run amuck and noone with an ounce of since would want to get into that rats nest,

• lslsttn 2009/03/15 03:33:33
    No. Sanjay Gupta just doesn't want to lose money working for Obama as Surgeon...
    lslsttn
    I never figured Sanjay Gupta as compassionate enough.
  • santa6642 2009/03/15 03:05:53
    santa6642
    Only the fools stand by a moron .
  • haya726 2009/03/12 21:33:24
    haya726
    +1
    you no what i'm sick of people saying shit about Obama if u guys don't like him then deal with it, cause he got elected no John McCain. and another thing, don't hate him just cause he has a little muslim blood, all i'm gonna say is freedom of speech, and freedom of realigion, but i guess most poeple think that some religions are better then others so they become racist. and by the way all the religions came from god, so when your saying that you hate this or that, think twice cause god made them (if you think about it, it makes sense). i don't like talking like that but people really should look at them selves and see how they act.
  • LVslotdoc 2009/03/10 09:30:28 (edited)
    LVslotdoc
    Sanjay Gupta is a well informed physician, and does hold a medical PHD, but he is more of and actor/consultant than a practicing doctor or medical administrator. (He is CNN's chief medical correspondant.) I'm sure many doctors disagree with the President's policies on abortion and stem cell research. And of course, he wasn't "running" for the post, he was an appointment nominee. It would be nice if the President would stick to nominating more qualified people to fill his cabinet posts. Some of his choices are a sign that he watches too much TV. But then again, Hollywood was his biggest supporter!

Personally, I would like to see someone appointed who has a more homeopathic approach to practicing medicine, and not someone who is out to develop and prescribe pills to cure everything.
  • BJ 2009/03/09 23:57:49
    BJ
    +1
    I don't even know who that is but give it to someone who wants it and is qualified for the job.
  • Mikey 2009/03/09 22:48:43
    Mikey
    +1
    People are learning what kind of President they elected, and don't want to be associated with the dumbass.
  • NoMoreBS 2009/03/09 20:15:06
    NoMoreBS
    +1
    who knew?
  • K-ZOOMI-----0 2009/03/09 18:33:43
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +1
    People are stating to wake up and for their own political future, want to distance themselves.
  • alikatt 2009/03/09 00:23:31
    alikatt
    +1
    I wouldn't want to be part of a sinking ship
  • mcrwayperfect09 2009/03/08 06:09:24
    mcrwayperfect09
    +1
    I think it's a combo of both. Working for President Obama would probably lose you money and sanity, along with good colleagues. I mean, that guy in Illinios... Jeeze.
  • poet4justice 2009/03/08 03:04:59
    poet4justice
    +1
    now that is a survey that i cant answerr
    sanjay i'm pretty sure there is a lot more more medical doctor than sanjay
  • SkyBluePink 2009/03/07 22:06:05
    SkyBluePink
    +1
    Wow a pay cut. This world is really messed up.
  • disturbedone 2009/03/07 20:22:44
    disturbedone
    +1
    Obama scares me, my whole family and alot of other Americans and others around the world, so yeah, the odds are looking pretty good that hes scared of Obama!!!!!
  • qmaven 2009/03/07 19:07:17
    qmaven
    +1
    They need to vet better, I wouldn't want to be a member of the Pres. Obama cabinet. IF he can't fulfill all of his campaign promises he will be a 4 year President and they will all be looking for jobs, in an economy that he has had his hands on since day one. It is on his watch that the Dow has sunk so low. Under 7,000 points. Who is he kidding? And now he is going to lessen the deduction for charitable gifts.
    I think that we are really in trouble.
    +2
    I'm not so sure he's scaring him more that Sanja doesn't agree with the Obama rhetoric. PLAIN AND SIMPLE PEOPLE WILL RUN FROM THIS ARROGANT NOT A CLUE WHAT I'M DOING IDIOT

Here it is my wife is Russian and in talking with one of her Russian friends the other day I was asked. How did the American people vote this idiot to president. My answer was you need to look at the majority of people that voted for him and that should answer your question
  • concerned 2009/03/07 01:38:33
    concerned
    +1
    i heard he could not pass the Obama quiz ..so let him go if he can pass Obama than he can not get approved
  • Bill Marvin 2009/03/07 00:25:29
    Bill Marvin
    +1
    In addition, his accoutant probably told him that he owed back taxes and this way he escapes getting caught!
  • pkeyrich 2009/03/06 22:11:53
    pkeyrich
    +1
    For Sanjay to turn down the position, I'm surprised, so what is really going on behind the scenes?
  • Anne 2009/03/06 20:59:32
    Anne
    +1
    Maybe Gupta is just too damn smart to get involved with the ilk of Obama's cabinet.
  • Rick Bauer 2009/03/06 18:14:36
    Rick Bauer
    +2
    Obama is a Marxist Socialist. Every Marxist Socialist who has ever been in power in any Country has demanded complete adhearence to his personal ideals and objectives, or else. ie: Lennon, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Chevez, and I could go on and on. Just watch what Obama does over the next four years. You will not be able to prove me wrong on this one, just read the writing on the wall...if you can.
    Rick Bauer
  • Ice 2009/03/06 18:06:16
    Ice
    +2
    -nuff said.
  • Extremist Soldier of Christ 2009/03/06 17:44:00
    Extremist Soldier of Christ
    +1
    Welll...I believe everybody on CNN at one point was sipping the koolaid too much. Sanja Gupta was one of them. Sanjay is a very intelligent man, and if he reviewed the position and found that it is a moral decision on his end, I give him credit. Already, the Demon-crats and the Leader Satan, Obama, was looking into the "clause" of consiciousness position moral decision credit demon-crats leader satan obama clause consiciousness concerning doctors. After this was leaked out, it is strange how Sanjay's news just came out. Could this be the reason? I dont' know the term, but it is "the right of the Doctor not to perform partial abortions or other life taken procedures" due to their consciousness. Obama and his demons wanted to review this last week and over turn this decision. This clause was put in by the Pro-Life and Judeo-Christians to give the Christian or Faith Doctors the right to refuse this procedure. If this is the reason that Doctor Sanya Gupta decided to not take the position -because of the possible removal of this bill from the Demon-party, then I salute him and say he is a man of G-d and present him with a golden heart.
  • bluecountry 2009/03/06 17:09:58
    bluecountry
    +1
    Obama is a bad decision on the part of the USA.
  • let's vote already 2009/03/06 17:08:55
    let's vote already
    +1
    I heard Sanjay yesterday, he explained that he can't practice while he's Surgeon General so he'd essentially be ending his career as a neurosurgeon. He'd rather continue his practice and be able to spend time with his family, I don't blame him.
  • Seree 2009/03/06 17:05:07 (edited)
    Seree
    +2
    After thinking of this question I must say I don't know why some prefer to not work with "Team Obama", otherwise known as the Obama Administration. I do find it very odd that some agree to work with him and then bail at the last moment or shortly thereafter. I think those of us who follow our political landscape have many different theories, and probably all of us are wrong. It is my opinion that we cannot possibly know without firsthand information from each person who has withdrawn. As none of us have that type of information all we can do is offer idle speculation.
  • 12 Tone Melody 2009/03/06 16:31:20
    12 Tone Melody
    +3
    Gupta prolly had to disqualify himself after he realized he'd paid his taxes
  • Ann 12 Tone... 2009/03/09 17:52:28
    Ann
    "paid his taxes" OMG that is too funny!! Good one
  • K-ZOOMI... 12 Tone... 2009/03/09 18:39:44
  • sandy60 2009/03/06 16:19:29
    sandy60
    +1
    He probably didn't pay his back taxes. If nothing else, all these nominees who go off into oblivion...point out to us tax paying people just how many can get away with not paying taxes.
  • big di 2009/03/06 16:02:35
    big di
    +1
    Some people can handle the pressure of the Washington DC political rat-race (and the attendant media massacre and reputation destruction), and some cannot. If Obama fails, even a little bit, the media will rip apart anyone and everyone associated with his presidency.

I might do it, because I don't give a flying f**k what the media, or the media junkies, do, say, or think, but other people actually care about others' negative opinions of them.

Personal choice, none of my business....
  • Ron 2009/03/06 14:33:26
    Ron
    +1
    I praise him for his decision to not go to the white house, He has a bright future where he is at-To go to D.C. would only bring him down-
    This is to ans Mr T also
  • Lorenzo 2009/03/06 13:59:24
  • Congrats Obama! 2009/03/06 13:44:19
    Congrats Obama!
    +2
    Why are you spinning Guptas own words? Obama isnt scaring anyone away. Gupta bowed out for family and professional reasons that he already explained.
  • kilgore trout 2009/03/06 13:01:56
    kilgore trout
    +2
    Would you want to work for this administration to socialize medicine if you were a successful neurosurgeon ? To play a part in downgrading US medicine to the level of the UK or Canada is criminal. Consider this quote:
    "We can't expect the American People to jump from Capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of Socialism, until they awaken one day to find that they have Communism." Nikita Kruschev
  • alamira 2009/03/06 12:35:11
    alamira
    +1
    Sanjay is already rich and famous...he doesn't need to get involved in Washington politics.
  • Bev 2009/03/06 10:19:27
    Bev
    +2
    I HAVE READ MOST OF THESE COMMENTS. I AM VERY SORRY FOR ALL OF YOU. NONE OF THEM ARE ACCURATE OR TRUE.
  • Mikey Bev 2009/03/09 22:55:15
    Mikey
    STOP SHOUTING BEV. I am not sorry for you, since you're getting exactly what you deserve for voting for this clown. You will soon wake up and realize your Messiah is taking us right down the path to destruction.
  • babyruth 2009/03/06 09:52:36
    babyruth
    +1
    Obama wants what he wants and if he dont get it he acks like a baby. obama scaring nominees sanjay gupta surgeon general obama acks baby
  • DeePizzaGuy 2009/03/06 07:18:13
    DeePizzaGuy
    +1
    Sanjay is better off working for Al Davis who is the general managing partner of the Oakland Raiders than working for President Obama.
  • salor654 2009/03/06 07:13:02
    salor654
    +2
    Lots do not like the smell of B.O.'s plans to change America. Every day its more apparent of his plans for socialism are not going to work. Why go down with this ship of fools.

2014/09/03 05:11:37