Sandusky found guilty on 45 of 48 charges. Are you happy?

DFA 2012/06/23 02:59:35
Related Topics: Guilty, Sandusky
Yes... sweet revenge!
Other... (comment)

• I. Car Rus 2012/06/23 14:42:50
    Other... (comment)
    I. Car Rus
    +5
    Happy? No, just glad the system worked as designed. Now, if only people had acted as well as the system did this time and turned this man in years before he did all this damage.

• art1ej 2012/07/16 06:19:42
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    art1ej
    Justice....
  • Gothpirate 2012/06/27 14:56:45
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    Gothpirate
    Its not revenge its justice
  • GlennDiamant 2012/06/26 14:40:18
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    GlennDiamant
    I'm happy he got caught and charged, but not happy that he did this crime.
  • bettyboop 2012/06/26 13:05:47
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    bettyboop
    I am happy his victims got justice!
  • Alvin 2012/06/26 02:17:39
    Alvin
    Regardless of the verdict, he damaged the lives of many people, not only the kids he abused. I think justice was done, but I am not happy that it took this long to have Penn State do anything about him.
  • TrudyGirl 2012/06/25 15:25:13
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    TrudyGirl
    +1
    He should be put in jail but lets see if power corrupts the court system when sentencing begins. I think the wife should be arrested as well because I do not believe that she could be in the house and not know what was going on; she turned a blind eye to protect her comfort.
  • Flowers 2012/06/25 15:18:55
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    Flowers
    +1
    Glad he was found guilty, think everyone involved should be prosecuted as well (INCLUDING HIS WIFE!) That school put the profits of the football program over the well being of a CHILD and they should be ashamed. All convicted child rapists should be covered in honey and strapped to an ant hill, left to suffer and begging for death.
  • Ashley 2012/06/25 12:47:40
    Ashley
    +1
    all inviolved need to be prosecuted too
  • Pat 2012/06/25 05:43:19
    Other... (comment)
    +1
    There is no "happiness" in any part of this story. The children who were abused will never forget what happened to them. Maybe some of them have been irreparably damaged. Sandusky's family will be ostracized and point to for the rest of their lives because people will always wonder why his wife never knew or did she know and ignored it. I mean their own son was abused and she never knew??? How are her other children going to go on? Were any of them abused and they're just not saying? This will never end for his family or the families of those he abused.
    I'm glad he will be punished but there is not happiness in this story at all.
  • gaylehelen 2012/06/24 22:51:36
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    gaylehelen
    I'm glad for the victims and I bet there are a lot more out there who haven't come forward.
  • KATLYN 2012/06/24 21:09:36
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    KATLYN
    would also like to see a few others pay the piper as well , but this is a great start
  • Tamara McMillan 2012/06/24 16:39:59
    Other... (comment)
    Tamara McMillan
    Glad he was found Guilty but have not watched the news lately so I have no idea what type of time he will be given. I just hope it equals the wrong he has done for so long to so many. If he has enough money he will STILL probably just walk away with some minor penalty to serve.
  • yg 2012/06/24 15:17:21
    Other... (comment)
    yg
    I don't know anything about this guy. What exactly did he do?
  • KATLYN yg 2012/06/24 21:19:00
    KATLYN
    do you live under a rock?
  • yg KATLYN 2012/06/25 04:18:45
    yg
    No. I just don't know him.
  • Flowers yg 2012/06/25 15:25:41 (edited)
    Flowers
    he used to be in the Penn State football coaching staff. He created a "big brother" type program that allowed him unnecessary access to "underprivileged" young boys and he bribed them with expensive trips and toys in exchange for doing sexual things over decades. He adopted 6 kids as well, probably molested all of them. He used the college shower facility to remove DNA evidence, and to molest them further. Many people in the college knew about the actions and allowed it to happen because they didn't want the cash flow to stop when the scandal broke the news. So instead of doing what was right and protecting the children from his disgusting urges, they allowed their innocence to be raped away. When he was finally ousted, he smugly played it off as if it wasn't even a bad thing. Joe Paterno, legend in Penn state, got fired because of it (probably was a cause of his failing health so fast as well. but paterno who CLAIMED to be this great guy did nothing to stop the sexual violations from occurring.
  • yg Flowers 2012/06/25 23:09:34
    yg
    +1
    Wow. That's just crazy. He deserves this and more. If it was possible to send someone to jail for more than one lifetime, he should've gotten that. The people who did nothing to stop him should also go to jail for this. They're so horrible and greedy. Those poor boys didn't deserve it. They probably barely understood what was happening or were scared or something. It's a terrible and sad story.
  • Flowers yg 2012/06/25 23:50:32 (edited)
    Flowers
    He is a sociopath because he knew that by spending money to create the foundation he would have authority and power and no one would question when he chose a victim to molest. He took advantage of children who only wanted to be like normal kids, and stole their innocence. One poor boy threw away his underwear for years because it had blood in it and didn't want his mother seeing it. Sandusky was no better than kidnappers and murderers
  • yg Flowers 2012/06/26 20:10:35
    yg
    +1
    In some ways, he may be worst than kidnappers or murderers. He takes advantage of his power to take away the innocence of young children and tries to justify that. I see that as just plain evil.
  • 'Zedd 2012/06/24 07:26:24
  • TheTruth1313 2012/06/24 06:52:53
    Other... (comment)
    TheTruth1313
    +2
    Not sure if any outcome after all the damage he has caused could make me "happy," but, I am content that the slime will be put away for the rest of his miserable life.
  • handimom 2012/06/24 03:27:00
    Other... (comment)
    handimom
    +1
    Happy? No. Kids were molested and even though he was convicted their lives will never be the same. What about the 3 that were not convicted? What happened there?
  • disclaimer 2012/06/24 03:20:29
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    disclaimer
    +1
    Maybe not "happy," per se, but I'm happy for the victims who finally saw Sandusky get retribution.
  • ehrhornp 2012/06/24 01:24:38
    ehrhornp
    +2
    Why should I be happy? I have absolutely no care abut that university or its people. Find it amazing that something like this could go on for so long. Glad I am not a supporter of that school. Think it just shows that football has gotten out of hand.
  • disclaimer ehrhornp 2012/06/24 03:18:33
    disclaimer
    +2
    This isn't about football or the school. This is about a child molester.
  • ehrhornp disclaimer 2012/06/24 16:31:25
    ehrhornp
    +2
    No it is about a system that exists to generate money. Do you think this case would have continued like it did if the university instead of being near the top was near the bottom? No way would it have continued but since the system was generating lots of money, no one wanted to upset the apple cart.
  • disclaimer ehrhornp 2012/06/25 05:35:46
    disclaimer
    So you're not going to be happy that a monster like Sandusky was put behind bars because of a failure in the system?
  • ehrhornp disclaimer 2012/06/25 15:53:22
    ehrhornp
    +1
    No because it shows the system is broken. It should never have happened in the first place. Penalizing someone after the fact brings little satisfaction to me. I can almost guarantee you that at some big college something bad is going on but nothing is done about it as the program brings in tons of money to the university. This needs to stop, all of it.
  • disclaimer ehrhornp 2012/07/01 23:09:03
    disclaimer
    It does. But you should at least be glad the system worked enough to get him imprisoned once he was caught.
  • Flowers ehrhornp 2012/06/25 15:27:07
    Flowers
    +1
    I agree. how pitiful for people to put football before the lives of innocent children
  • ehrhornp Flowers 2012/06/25 15:56:25
    ehrhornp
    So one person is caught and is being penalized. He is probably being replaced by 10 new perverts who are successful in bringing money into the institution. It might be the time to end football or to knock it back to an intramural sport only. Get the money out of it.
  • Flowers ehrhornp 2012/06/25 20:01:31
    Flowers
    Before we go that extreme, we need to get more tough on child rapists. Our laws don't do enough to stop it from happening
  • ehrhornp Flowers 2012/06/25 20:29:02
    ehrhornp
    We have laws against such behavior and I think the penalties are strict enough. Now we could get tougher on enforcement. I mean how can these people get away with it for so long? Seems they go decades before getting caught.

But in the end it will be hard to get them if the institution they work for protects them.
  • JEFF 2012/06/24 00:53:14
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    JEFF
    +2
    HAPPY, SO SO. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER THREE? I'LL BE TOTALLY HAPPY WHEN THEY HOOK UP THE BATTERY CABLES TO HIS BALLS AND THROW THE SWITCH.
  • Cameron 2012/06/24 00:18:13
    Other... (comment)
    Cameron
    +1
    Why would I be happy? I wish things like this would never happen but alas this is reality
  • Gary 2012/06/23 22:54:40
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    Gary
    +1
    Yes finally. I also hope they get the ones that kept their mouths shut and let this to continue,
  • Vinny 2012/06/23 22:43:08
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    Vinny
    +1
    There are so many out there that are like him...wish they could catch them all and throw away the key! That's sick!
  • Psyblade 2012/06/23 22:40:19
    Other... (comment)
    Psyblade
    +1
    I'm glad that justice has finally been served but "happy" isn't the right word. There's nothing about this case to be happy about.
  • Saye Saye 2012/06/23 21:28:57
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    Saye Saye
    hell yes
  • keith 2012/06/23 21:04:12
    Yes... sweet revenge!
    keith
    +3
    Must be the power of his position that caused his arrogance. Power corrupts. What attracted him to the job of college coach? What motivated his performance? His lust for sexual power over little boys. The tickle monster, he called himself.

2014/09/18 17:48:40