Sandusky Found Guilty on 45 Counts: Did the Court Get It Right?

It's been a little while since the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal broke, but the trial is finally over and the verdict is in. Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of the 48 counts filed against him involving 10 different victims over a span of about 13 years. Guilty charges include involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor, corruption of minors, and endangering a child's welfare. The victims were between the ages of 9 and 17 at the time of the abuse.

Sandusky's defense team is already planning an appeal strategy. Defense attorney Joe Amendola told The Associated Press, "We told the trial court... and the Supreme Court we were not prepared to proceed to trial in June due to numerous issues, and we asked to withdraw from the case for those reasons." Jerry Sandusky continues to claim innocence.

• Mamaknows 2012/06/28 00:22:28
    Mamaknows
    +2
    LOL dumb question.
    45 (!) of the 48 charges STUCK....they need to drop the man in a whole and loose the key. Like any molester/pedi :)
    pedi
    This one like to hurt little girls(6-9) and the court was "right" about him as well...good ridence.
  • kobidob... Mamaknows 2012/06/28 06:27:21 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    look at how low one shoulder is to the other shoulder, and head tilt too. This guy has needed to go to www.upcspine.com to find a U,C,S, chiropractors for a long time. Ever since birth no doubt. When God comes back will he find Mercy on the earth? Jail is anti Christ. All need to take my advice all ages.
  • Haley kobidob... 2012/06/28 07:29:47
    Haley
    +1
    or he's just a creep with bad posture. Even if he did have back problems so what? That doesn't give him any excuse to disgustingly scar children for life. I'm sorry for people who have health issues or who have had bad childhoods, but if you use that as an excuse to harm, then I lose sympathy.
    Jail is anti-christ? Are you serious? God commands people to pursue justice in his name. Yes the christian god is merciful but he is also just. The victims demand righteously for justice and this pervert can't be allowed to walk the streets.
  • Xksana Haley 2012/06/28 07:51:25
  • kobidob... Haley 2012/06/28 20:01:47 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    I bet you a nickle you have bad posture too that has not been addressed in a long time. Most need the care I talk about. I care, you don't care, Jesus cares about humans. The devil could care less. Guess who is in you? That's right. Jesus frees humans . Jesus does not enslave humans holding them in bondage. The word servant was made to mean slave by the humans who love jails, and slaves. Romans 12 >>18If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
    King James Version. Legal system is the oxymoronic paradigm shift of this verse.
    Give place unto wrath means set it aside. Do not use it.
    Satan is the one who leads humans to jail not Jesus. Open your eyes NOW!
  • Haley kobidob... 2012/06/28 20:29:00 (edited)
    Haley
    +2
    lol I'm pretty sure i have fine posture, but that hardly is the point. And you're right; I don't care about your back pain if you molested a child. I'm pretty sure no God in his right mind would accept that sorry excuse. You don't think very clearly.

A Christian who could think would say if you commit a crime, then you sinned and broke the law. God is just and demands fair punishment. The Christian God is merciful so if you asked for his forgiveness and you truly meant it, then he'd forgive. That still doesn't mean you escape justice on Earth.
  • Xksana kobidob... 2012/07/03 03:21:23
    Xksana
    Look lets say a person did drugs right? like shared needles, did coke all that bad stuff...one day he finally stops after like 10 years of use, he becomes a christian, later on he gets aids because he shared needles with someone who had aids, im not saying he deserves it, no, im saying just because YOU change doesnt mean your past is gone! it is forgotten by God, but your actions do give out results, no matter what...lets say he doesnt have cancer! and he comes back from a chrisitan rehab, when he will be back, nothing will be all over for him, like a new life! no, he will have to face what he has destroyed, and now rebuild it with Gods help...Satan cant lead you to jail, you cant always blame it on satan or God, you cant say God was tempting me, or Satan did this, Satan tries, but at the end its the persons choice! he picks what he wants to do! A person gets a call from there friend saying lets go to a strip bar, it isnt temptation unless you let it to be...This man had a choice! he didnt have to molest the kids, but he choice his sexual feelings then what is wrong and what is right!
  • Haley Mamaknows 2012/06/28 07:30:20
    Haley
    +2
    Feel the same way girl
  • JustTheFacts 2012/06/28 00:02:00
    JustTheFacts
    +1
    The court got it right, but now that the facts are out it is despicable the job the university did on Paterno who clearly didn't deserve to lose his job and end his life the way he did.
  • Xksana JustThe... 2012/07/03 03:25:44
    Xksana
    no offense but if I saw someone get raped, I just wouldnt only tell the board or the president ofthe college, wouldnt you call the police and stop the abuse at once?
  • JustThe... Xksana 2012/07/03 12:23:37
    JustTheFacts
    The DA was hidden in the house of one of the victims with a microphone on when Sandusky "regretted what he did" to her son but since he didn't say he "enjoyed" what he did, he couldn't be arrested under PA law. The DA later disappeared and has since been pronounced dead.

There was nothing else Joe could do than what he did.
  • Xksana JustThe... 2012/07/04 00:08:42
    Xksana
    yes he could, he caught them, he should've stopped it and call the police, not the fricken DA...I could go shoot a lot of people and say I regret it, and?
    he could say right now I regret raping all those kids, so what police will say, oh okay we will let you go....everyone regrets when they get caught
  • JustThe... Xksana 2012/07/05 00:10:49
    JustTheFacts
    Paterno never caught Sandusky in the act. I have no idea what you are referring to.
  • Kirby 2012/06/27 23:33:32
    Kirby
    +2
    Now save the tax payers some money and take that waste of human flesh out back and put a bullet in his head!
  • Xksana Kirby 2012/06/28 07:55:06
  • Kirby Xksana 2012/06/28 22:22:10 (edited)
    Kirby
    That's just it . He doesn't see where he has done anything wrong, pedofile's don't. I'm sorry but they have NO REDEEMING QUALITIES! Pedofiles and Rapist should be put to death because they will never change and no amount of therapy or drugs will stop them nor would castrating them! It's a mental condititon and since I have a daughter I say death to everyone that's convicted! Civilized or not I really don't give a damn when a childs life is at risk!
  • Xksana Kirby 2012/07/03 03:28:10
    Xksana
    +1
    I really do get what u mean, especially when ur a father...lol, I was abused and I never want this to happen to anyone and when I have kids ill probably say the same thing as you do :)
  • Justin Teufel Hunden 2012/06/27 23:11:51
    Justin Teufel Hunden
    Although a noose could've been included ....less time and dollar wasted to house damaged goods.
  • nofrills 2012/06/27 22:37:28
    nofrills
    +2
    castrated with a REd hOT knife...and then throw him into a pit....
  • kobidob... nofrills 2012/07/03 18:14:00
    kobidobidog
    Satan thinks like that because that is what is going to happen to him. Satan is voicing his fears through your lips directed at another human.
  • nofrills kobidob... 2012/07/03 20:48:09
    nofrills
    your dogooder full of nonesense..politcal correctness crap self should have one of these children as YOUR FAMILY or your son and daughter for your pal sandrusky ...btw why dont you go and visit this vile sob in jail to chummy with him!!gooodluckkkk
  • Jeff 2012/06/27 22:25:59
    Jeff
    +3
    This is the ONE thing that Democrats and Republicans Can agree on.
    +1
    Glad to see justice being made.
  • glen 2012/06/27 17:32:10
    glen
    +1
    Yes but as others have said they missed three charges . They're planning an appeal also ? LAUGHABLE
  • ace 2012/06/27 16:55:51
    ace
    +3
    Jesus SAID, "Harm but 1 hair on a child such as these and it will be better for you that you were never born" -the innocent that cant defend themselves- you predators have a lotta fun in hell. kinda hot, hard to breath because of the atmosphere there. oh ya, and watch out for demons.
  • Xksana ace 2012/06/28 07:57:17
    Xksana
    I hate how grown ups abuse children in anyway! there minds arent developed, they are innocent and dont know what to do or what to say, almost like animals cant even speak
  • TimothyBrianFoley 2012/06/27 16:30:43
    TimothyBrianFoley
    +1
    they seen nothing good in him so they did what they had to do find him guilty
  • JohnT 2012/06/27 14:58:52
    JohnT
    +4
    No they should have nailed him on all 48 counts.
  • ordman JohnT 2012/06/27 17:48:08
    ordman
    +2
    They being the jury couldn't the judge dropped 3 of them. They did a GREAT JOB.
  • kobidob... JohnT 2012/07/03 04:03:31
    kobidobidog
    +1
    Funny you mentioned nailed. That is what humans did to Jesus. This whole comment section sounds like the crowd saying crucify him.
  • ģhøṡτ øώl 2012/06/27 14:54:09
    ģhøṡτ øώl
    +4
    Except maybe he should be put into the general population IMMEDIATELY.
  • kobidob... ģhøṡτ øώl 2012/07/03 04:09:08 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    Yes. Sandusky should be left alone to live his life exactly the way he wants to live his life. All of us have to answer to one being to have eternal life with Joy or eternal death with nothing. Religions again tells a lie. Heaven is life eternal. Hell is not life of any kind being eternal. Hell is Gods glory to evil.
  • ģhøṡτ øώl kobidob... 2012/07/03 12:00:55
    ģhøṡτ øώl
    I meant the General Population IN PRISON. Sorry.
  • 4gotten Israelite 2012/06/27 14:44:19
    4gotten Israelite
    +2
    Yeah they got it right. They got another child rapest off the street, good for'em
  • D D 2012/06/27 12:49:30
    D D
    +2
    I think there are more out there that he molested that are not talking.
  • Xksana D D 2012/06/28 07:59:29
    Xksana
    ofcourse! what boy or guy wants to tell everyone some old sick man abused them? He had what boys wanted, a future, and well he abused his privelige of helping children not abusing them.
  • D D Xksana 2012/06/28 08:02:09
    D D
    +1
    It's sick. Very sad.
  • kobidob... D D 2012/07/03 04:14:15
    kobidobidog
    KJV,1 Thessalonians 4;9; 11And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; Do that godly thing, and you will seek to live peaceable with whoever.
  • BrokenSoul 2012/06/27 12:37:10
    BrokenSoul
    +1
    Too bad Jeffrey Dahmer isn't still alive, or I'd say lock Sandusky in with him. Charles Manson will work too.
  • glen BrokenSoul 2012/06/27 17:37:12
    glen
    +2
    Thay could extradite him to Canada and we could throw him in with that Luka Magnotta cannibal .

2014/11/24 02:58:34