Sandra Fluke's contraception problem has been solved!

schjaz 2012/04/15 15:22:08

Many of you have likely seen the heart rending testimony of Ms. Sandra
Fluke, a law student at Georgetown University, before a
Congressional Committee this week. She was lamenting that no one
would subsidize her birth control expenses, which she claimed would
amount to $3000 during her three years in law school. After watching
Ms. Fluke describe her desperate situation I set to
thinking of ways to help her out of her crisis. First, of course I had
to pass through the grieving period I experienced after hearing of her
inhumane treatment at the hands of the Georgetown administration and
our Government ... what cruelty lurks in the heart of men that they
would leave this poor woman to fend for herself when all she wanted to
do was get laid seven times a day (see my analysis below).
Once I recovered from my grief, I set to thinking about ways to help
this poor girl. Being a Physicist, I sat down with my calculator and
worked through some numbers. Ms. Fluke's expense account for birth
control (aka sexual entertainment) was claimed to be $3000 for three
years at law school. Let's presume that as an educated woman she wants
to be doubly safe and uses both birth control pills to prevent
pregnancy and condoms to prevent STD (sexually transmitted disease).
Using the Wal-Mart cost for birth control pills of $9 per month, her
birth control pills will cost her $324 for her entire law school career
(if you can call it a career... I can think of other names). This
leaves only $2,676 for her condoms.
I went to Amazon.com, and found quality condoms available for 33 cents
each in packages of 60 condoms each. This cost includes tax
and shipping. Since she has $2,676 for her 33 cent condoms, she will be
buying 8,109 condoms during her law school career.
To use her 8109 condoms (remember, $3000 was Ms. Flukes' own number)
she would have to have sex 7 times a day. This number
presumes that she has sex ten times a day on Sundays when she has more
free time. So, having worked through these numbers, I have some
suggestions for Ms. Fluke to help her work through her crisis:

1. Find dates who are gentlemanly enough to either provide their own
condoms, or at least split the cost with her. Selection criteria is the
key to this one.
2. Spend more time studying. Even seven quickies a day will seriously
cut into quality study time. This would not only save money but would
improve her education as well.
3. Seek funding from the EPA from one of their Wetlands Protection
programs ... surely Ms. Flukes' nether regions would qualify as wetlands
given sex seven times a day.

Just trying to help out a starving student. By the way, the average
starting salary of new Georgetown Law School graduates is $160,000 a
year, FYI.

Booth R. Myers, PhD.=

• Red_Horse 2012/04/18 03:14:56
  • firelooker 2012/04/17 03:42:07
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    firelooker
    That poor girl to be so horny as to need sex that frequently and then to be treated so terribly by us taxpayers.
  • Scream firelooker 2012/04/18 20:51:05
    Scream
    It doesn't matter how often you have sex, you still need to take one pill a day. Even if you only end up having sex twice that month. Also, she's speaking out for her friend, not herself, and her friend needs the pills to prevent ovarian cysts. They're a lot more than birth control.
  • schjaz Scream 2012/04/19 16:36:58
    schjaz
    Her friend....hmmmm...and who would that be?
  • Tin Man 2012/04/17 00:42:54
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    Tin Man
    +1
    Yep, but maybe she'll take a monthly week off for the red river. Solving the remainder of her wetlands problem.
  • Javimendo 2012/04/16 22:13:32
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    Javimendo
    I think Sandra should attend FlukeU University. It's very generous concerning contraceptives.
    fluke sandra
    whatava.
  • Avenged7 2012/04/16 17:47:10
    Avenged7
    You right wingers just like your masters can't ever tell the truth. She wasn't testifying for free birth control, like you liars have been spreading. She believes it should be available with her health insurance, like most health insurances make available. Simple testimony, but the women hating party had to lie, and spin like they always do. The right wing in this country is no different then the communist part of the old Soviet Union, they are disgusting!!!!!!!!!
  • rightside Avenged7 2012/04/16 22:16:21
    rightside
    +1
    No, you don't get it do you. They took this insurance knowing that it didn't cover birth control because of the schools beliefs. There was no secret there.
    She lied about the costs and the fact that the girls could have gotten other insurance.
    If you go to work for a company and they only furnish certain insurance, you have to accept it or go someplace else or get more. Its a choice.
    But NO, DiMs want everything given to them so that they can galavant around the world rather than pay for their own crap.
  • Avenged7 rightside 2012/04/17 19:01:59
  • rightside Avenged7 2012/04/17 19:05:52
    rightside
    +1
    Boy you are not a very nice person. Very hateful. Did ya mama raise you to be mean?
  • Avenged7 rightside 2012/04/17 22:25:05
    Avenged7
    Hey I can be nice if the person who replies to me is nice, but your reply was pretty mean. My thinking is give it back as good as I got, and add little more venom to it. That's my philosophy.
  • rightside Avenged7 2012/04/17 22:26:34
    rightside
    Ah! Gotcha. Okeedoekee.
  • schjaz Avenged7 2012/04/18 15:04:20
    schjaz
    Not exactly the best way to settle differences but I guess its your style....in the meantime, I, being a woman, never met a doctor that didn't GIVE (free) birth control to a woman ... usually about 3 months worth to get started and if you were unable to afford the prescription after that, they would give you a list of places (such as planned parenthood) where you could go get free help.
    This should not be up to the Federal government....they can't run a lemonade stand and they shouldn't be in health care.
  • Avenged7 schjaz 2012/04/20 18:03:36
    Avenged7
    Well no matter what the right wing tells you, Obama care doesn't run peoples health care. We still have the for profit health insurance to run our health care. BUT the government hasn't done too bad when they do run health care. Ask anyone on Medicare, or veterans health care. Remember when a Tea Party woman shouted out, the government keep your hands off of my Medicare! Pretty funny, but she was right, on one thing, and that was she likes her Medicare. The V.A. is actually the only real socialist health care in this country, and I challenge any right winger in congress that tries to take away the health care from veterans, will get their ass kicked by some burly ex-marine!!!!
  • schjaz Avenged7 2012/04/21 16:06:29
    schjaz
    Don't even start with me...my dad was a veteran and now that he has passed, the VA wants their so-called 'care' money back and so does medicare. This government is fraudulant liars and i wouldn't trust any of them with my dog's dinner.
  • dheydrick 2012/04/16 17:32:10
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    dheydrick
    +2
    Thank you for looking into Ms. Fluke's problem. Pretty good solutions. I would also suggest that she consider abstinence before marriage.
  • schjaz dheydrick 2012/04/16 17:44:30
    schjaz
    +2
    You are welcome and I am with ya on the abstinence.
  • showe274 dheydrick 2012/04/16 22:12:15
    showe274
    Don't you test drive a car before purchase?
  • GLaDOS showe274 2012/04/17 18:10:58 (edited)
    GLaDOS
    So a woman is no more special than a car? I always find that comparison to be insulting.
  • Bronar 2012/04/16 16:09:23
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    Bronar
    +2
    You're a kind and thoughtful human being to have spent such time solving the ho's problem.
  • Bevos 2012/04/16 15:39:00
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    Bevos
    +2
    Aspirin makes a great, cheap, birth control. Put one aspirin between your knees, and hold it there tightly. Works great!!!
  • COCO Bevos 2012/04/16 17:52:19
  • bluelady 2012/04/16 15:02:04
    bluelady
    +2
    what problem?? all she has got to do is keep her legs closed....best birth control ever
  • azuredragon 2012/04/16 14:47:38
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    azuredragon
    +1
    Tell Sandy the Slut Fluke to charge for her commodity rather than giving it away
  • Mog of War 2012/04/16 14:24:34
    Mog of War
    You don't have to twist her words to refute her. Her estimates aren't based on some scalar multiple of condom usage, but some out of her ass estimate of the costs of doctors visits(an associated expense with pills) and other assundryies, based on the notion that college students rarely find the cheapest health care providers. This thread is puerile. Plenty of far more sound refutations of Fluke can be found out and about. This one simply gives the liberals another strawman to quote in their arguments.
  • schjaz Mog of War 2012/04/16 16:05:52
    schjaz
    +1
    This thread is 'tongue in cheek'...perhaps you missed the meaning altogether.
  • Mog of War schjaz 2012/04/17 01:52:43
    Mog of War
    ...I've run into more extreme posts which were fully sincere, so It's kinda hard to tell sometimes... My response would have been similar regardless, seeing as I have a very dry sense of humor.
  • Alleycat 2012/04/16 14:12:44
    Yes, you have solved her problem
    Alleycat
    +1
    The only addition I would offer to your suggestion is Sex Addicts Anonymous local phone number...
  • captainquiggle 2012/04/16 14:02:56
    No, she still needs help
    captainquiggle
    http://motherjones.com/politi...

http://jezebel.com/5885368/ac...

Yeah, you neglected to talk about a doctor's visit and the actual cost of birth control pills. Redo the math and see what you come up with.

Thanks.
  • Just me ♥ captain... 2012/04/17 05:21:02
    Just me ♥
    +1
    The person doing the math DID allow for the price of the BCPs based on walmart pharmacy pricing.....$9 per month. You can go to a local health dept, get examined for around $30 to get a Rx for birth control OR when you go to your doc for a well woman exam and you have insurance...it's FREE. Well woman exams are covered at 100%. Based on the new ACOG recommendations, a woman in her 20s who has had two regular paps two consective years in a row only has to see the doc for a pap once every 2 years. Docs are now prescribing BCPs so that you get a Rx with 11 refills and when those refills are up, you call the office and they give you another year Rx. If you are in your 30s, 3 normal paps in 3 consective years, you only have to go once every 3 years and they'll give you 3 years worth of BCPs Rxs based on that one visit. Better yet, some stores such as Target are now selling BCPs over the counter...no doc visit required.
  • captain... Just me ♥ 2012/04/17 14:09:54
    captainquiggle
    For one, even if you get the Well Woman Exam from your doctor and it's covered, the doctor can (and has in many cases) charge you for other issues during the exam. I have one case where a patient was charged an extra 100 bucks for "asking too many questions."

And, that cheaper birth control quote you have isn't going to work for everyone, because of hormonal differences in women and various side effects associated with them. Birth control pills aren't one-size-fits-all, here. It's about being able find affordable care for ALL women. That's the issue.

What of those women who have hormonal or other issues that require another method or just a more effective method of birth control? What happens to them?

Are they just left out of the debate because someone has a religious agenda to push? This issue isn't as simple as others are trying to make it.

Nor, should anyone be demonized for asking that their health care provide for their contraceptive needs.
  • schjaz captain... 2012/04/17 15:18:18
    schjaz
    You said....even if you get the Well Woman Exam from your doctor and it's covered, the doctor can (and has in many cases) charge you for other issues during the exam. I have one case where a patient was charged an extra 100 bucks for "asking too many questions."

And how will Obamacare or his medical insurance laws help that? if you want affordable care, something else has to be done. The pricing of medical care will not be affected by what has been proposed.
  • captain... schjaz 2012/04/17 15:31:34
    captainquiggle
    Thanks for looking past the issue, but that's a cost that can't be covered... which is what I was talking about, so why not just cover the damned pills? Cover what you can, right?

Or should nothing be covered because doctors can find ways to add costs that coverage can't answer?
  • schjaz captain... 2012/04/18 15:09:21
    schjaz
    because they are not THAT expensive and there are many places a woman CAN go for free health care. i know....i went to free clinics years ago and my doctor would GIVE me 3-6 months free if I needed it. this is nonsense to make the insurance companies look bad when its the MEDICAL INDUSTRY AND THEIR PRICING THAT IS THE PROBLEM. i go to have a blood panel at one lab and its $750...decide the next yr to go to a lab closer ...same blood panel and its $250!!!!!!!!!!!
    if the politicians are serious about doing something with health care, they need to address THAT!
  • captain... schjaz 2012/04/18 15:23:33
    captainquiggle
    wait, so everything that's not that expensive (whatever that price is to you) shouldn't be covered on your health care plan? Is that what you're saying?
  • schjaz captain... 2012/04/19 16:40:36
    schjaz
    no, i am saying that birth control is a different issue because my belief system could be different than yours but we are all thrown into the same pool and my premiums go up because the GOVERNMENT decides to DICTATE what insurance companies will and will not cover. The government has no right to tell my insurance carrier how to write my policy.
  • captain... schjaz 2012/04/19 16:58:52
    captainquiggle
    But, your BOSS does?
  • schjaz captain... 2012/04/20 15:48:13
    schjaz
    If you are working for a church or certain religious organization...yes.
  • captain... schjaz 2012/04/21 11:58:04
    captainquiggle
    Why do they get a special pass? Why can't all organizations get that right to decide what you don't need based on their own personal views, regardless of religion?

Lets say, they don't want to include basic dental coverage, because they don't like teeth... do you think that's fine?

2014/08/21 08:24:32