Same-Sex Marriage Amendment In Ohio Gets Green Light. Rave If you support gay marriage

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/04/04 00:01:24

Marriage equality advocates in Ohio took one step closer Tuesday to overturning the state's 2004 constitutional amendment that restricts marriages in the state to only those between one man and one woman.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine (R) approved the petition language for an amendment that would redefine marriage in Ohio as “a union of two consenting adults, regardless of gender," according to the Columbus Dispatch.

The Freedom to Marry Coalition is now tasked with gathering 385,253 valid signatures of registered Ohio voters in order to put its marriage equality amendment on the Ohio ballot -- a goal that Ian James, the group's co-founder, told The Huffington Post he hopes to achieve by November 2013.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/same-sex-...

• Grizzle 2012/04/04 12:27:58
    Grizzle
    +24
    This battle is about changing the definition of a word. Marriage is between one man and one woman, civil unions are between one whatever and one whatever. Why not fight for the right to call a cat, a dog?

• bob TheHush... 2012/04/13 23:32:56
    bob
    you really want me to explain the book of Revelations on sodahead?
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/14 15:04:24
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    If you can, please do. Since you say that the Bible is not symbolic, explain what's literal in the book of Revelations.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/14 16:21:53
    bob
    so you want a verse by verse sermon?
    The book of Revelation is a letter revealed to man named John, who was on the Island of Patmos, off the coast of Asia Minor. He was persecuted because of his testimony of Jesus Christ. The letter was written to seven churches located in the mainland cities of; Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/14 16:44:59
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    I didn't ask for that, and you know it.
    I asked for you to EXPLAIN to me in which way is THAT book literal, since you say the Bible isn't symbolic.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/14 20:15:01
    bob
    I just gave you an example unless you feel those churches he wrote to were not real , or perhaps the island John was on was symbolic?
    Much of the book is symbolic however, you don't assign YOUR meanings to those symbols, The Bible will interpret itself.
    Example John talks about the seven golden lamp stands in chapter 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/18 00:27:35
    TheHushedScreamer
    +2
    It's not to WHO he wrote, it's WHAT he wrote that's important.
    The Bible does not interpret itself. If it did, then why is it that so many religious, devoted Christians have different perspectives in one or another verse, chapter, etc?
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/18 04:56:25
    bob
    Of course it does, I just showed you an example and yet you skip right over it, why?
    But you do ask a very good question though, Look at this site which gives a very good answer to your question.

http://bible-truth.org/Princi...

As far as who he wrote it to, yes its important, That is part of how you know what is being meant. Elementary dear Watson, Elementary
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/18 10:47:52
    TheHushedScreamer
    +2
    You did give me part of what he wrote, I'll give you that. Though, what I meant all along is the message he tried to transmit. You know how all the books in the Bible have a message, right? Well, this one does. THAT's what I meant, however, I don't think I made it quite clear...

It may be important, true. I'll take you by your word: give me an example of what he wrote to all the Christians.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/18 14:59:50
    bob
    Well, look at it this way, you have a girl and a boy in your house, you give certain instructions to the girl that only she can do, would the boy think, oh, I should do that too or would it be obvious that what you wrote was intended for her?
    John 3 :16 comes to mind real quick about all , For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that WHOEVER believes on him shall not perish but have eternal life. that means all who believe, would it not?
    or are you meaning just in the book of Revelation?
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/18 20:40:24
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    It all depends.
    ...You do know that, what that implies is that whoever loves God, including homosexuals, thieves, adulterers, fornicators, pedophiles, etc, also known as what God supposedly forbids and says that they're not going to Heaven, WILL have eternal life, just for loving and believing him, right? Therefore, another contradiction.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/18 20:50:03
    bob
    ahh, now you see what Grace is all about, its underserving or unmerited love given to us, we dont deserve it, but God loves you in spite of your sin and has offered his Son in your place,
    No there wont be thieves in Heaven, nor other sinners, Christs righteousness covers those sins and are washed away clean. Not what we have done, but what he has done.
    Not a contradiction ,
    tell me, who do you know that is with out sin? No one would go to heaven then, no one is good enough,
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/18 20:59:39
    TheHushedScreamer
    +2
    No, I don't think you get what I mean; it is clearly stated in the Bible that THOSE types of sins, specifically, are unacceptable and "deserving of death" (Leviticus). Though, what that verse states is that, basically, if I kill thousands, have sex with my girlfriend before I get married, and when I do get married at the age of twenty-three I cheat on her with a minor, and, since I'm poor, I steal from Donald Trump BUT if I believe and love God, I'll still have eternal life? That IS a contradiction.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/19 15:40:09
    bob
    I do understand what you are saying and its a great question
    The Law was to show you sin, like a mirror, it exposes sin, God took that sin and placed it on Christ who paid it for you, you would be unable to. Grace is Gods unmerited Love for you . We aren't saved by works or the Good things we do, all of us would be in trouble,
    You are correct, God says sin is so serious that it is deserving of death . Tell me, who do you know, who has never ever broken any of Gods laws? primarily the ten commandments since those are Gods moral laws? You said if you kill thousands. WE all have. Since God looks at the heart and not the outward appearance, to just hate someone is the same as murder according to God so we all are guilty of murder. If you have had lust towards someone which all of us have had, then that is the same sexual sins as adultery . You stole from Trump, who hasn't stolen something in life, The Old Testament pointed towards Christ that would come. Why do you think they sacrificed a perfect Lamb? The Lamb was in itself didn't take away sin but pointed towards the one who could. There really isn't a contradiction, I think you are just looking at one part with out accepting the other.
    Yes those sins you mention are deserving of death, all sin is, but your s...
    Yes those sins you mention are deserving of death, all sin is, but your sin was put on Jesus Christ at the cross and his righteousness was placed on you. In Gods eyes, he sees not your sin, but his righteousness,
    You are saved by Grace through faith. Look up Ephesians 2:8
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/19 22:26:43
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    If murder is the same as hate, then I have not committed that sin yet. I haven't hated anyone in my entire life, nor do I hate anyone know.
    Adultery = voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse. It's not exactly lust itself.
    Ah. Yes. His "righteousness". His "sacrifice". Sure.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/20 01:01:34
    bob
    Matthew 5:28 look it up
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/20 01:59:40
    TheHushedScreamer
    +2
    "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart".
    As you can see, it says that whoever looks at a woman to lust after her... Let's go back again, whoever looks at a woman TO lust after her. Technically, it states that if you look at a woman with the purpose of lusting after her, then it's adultery IN THE HEART. It's not even physical adultery.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/20 02:30:11
    bob
    God looks at the heart. You are still guilty of adultery in Gods eyes. If you could live your life and not sin and by being good enough, why did Jesus have to pay for your sins on the cross?
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/20 02:38:25
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    I have never said that people don't sin, nor have I ever said I don't sin. People do, I do, I'm just not guilty for THAT one, specifically. At least not yet.

Second, that verse states that if you look at a woman WITH THE PURPOSE to lust after her, THEN it's adultery. Therefore, not ALL of us have committed adultery, as you stated in one of your previous replies.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/20 02:45:30
    bob
    what Jesus is saying is when you Lust you have committed adultery in your heart, are you saying you have never looked at a person and lusted after them?
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/20 19:32:37
    TheHushedScreamer
    +2
    I've felt attraction towards someone, but it has never gotten to the extreme of lusting. There is a difference, you know. Attraction is mostly physical, or when that certain person has a certain qualities that grabs you attention. Lust is COMPLETELY physical, and you feel the longing to touch that someone and be with them sexually.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/20 19:57:57
    bob
    Lust is with in your thoughts and emotions. acting on that lust would make it physical . I give you credit if you truly do not lust after others. Many do
    but the point of all this is that no matter who you are or do, you are a sinner in Gods eyes and you cant on your own change that. If you could, Christ would not of had to of gone to the cross. The thief on the cross beside Christ simply asked Jesus to remember him, he recognizes who Jesus was and acknowledged he was a sinner. ( not Jesus)
    Gods Grace is so much greater then sin in the world.
    Good videos if you have time to watch, http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
    and
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/20 20:16:21
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    The only thoughtful and emotional part of lust is the longing of touch and sexual intercourse with the person, and that I mentioned. Not EVERY experience this, some it's just a normal, heartfelt attraction.
    It's true, everyone's supposedly a sinner in God's eyes, for he knows we're imperfect and that he's superior to us. Yes.
    What does that have to do?

No, thank you.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/20 21:40:17
    bob
    Lust is selfish pleasure just to please oneself,
    He knows we are not righteous, with out what Christ did for us, we are lost. That's why Jesus said, no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    Have no clue what you mean no thank you???
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/20 22:04:24
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    Exactly. Not every person feels that way.
    Yes, yes, sure.
    No, thank you. As in, I'm not going to see the videos.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/21 21:33:33
    bob
    are you afraid ? I don't have a problem watching videos of others belief, I have the ability to be able to consider what others think. You are not as open to discuss as I thought.. The videos touched on some of what we were talking about and I thought they were relevant. Feelings don't dictate truth so people can have all the feelings they want. They can feel God is a certain way and feel God will treat them a certain way but changes not what is true. With out Christ and I can say with utmost confidence, that person will be eternally lost and whether that is in a literal Hell or not ( open to discussion)
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/21 22:18:00
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    I was a Christian since I was very, very little until about last year, maybe the year before. I know plenty of Christianity, therefore I don't find it relevant to see the videos. I'm not afraid, I know about your beliefs very well.

But people still go to Hell, according to the Bible. All who had died from the beginning of the world were in hell. Jesus descended into hell to take his faithful who were waiting for him to Heaven. BUT many still remain.
    Is that what you meant?
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/22 17:45:21
    bob
    In the Old Testament and in particular, prior to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, those who died in faith were not permitted to go into the presence of God because atonement had not yet been provided.

The word "hell" occurs 31 times in the Old Testament. All 31 of those times, the word translated "hell" is the Hebrew word "sheol." While the English word "hell" has connotations as a place of punishment for the condemned, sheol does not have such connotations. Sheol simply refers to the abode of the dead in general, not particularly the place of the punishment for the wicked. In fact, sheol was divided into two compartments, one for the righteous dead and one for the wicked dead. And, more specifically, the Jewish concept of sheol was the "underworld," or in other words, a place within the earth, underneath the surface world.

The Hell I was referring to is the final Judgment of those that have rejected Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and would eternally separated from the presence of God.
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/22 22:13:08
    TheHushedScreamer
    +1
    Oh, now I get it.

Yeah, that honestly does not sound like such a bad idea to me.
  • wildbill TheHush... 2012/04/16 02:27:57 (edited)
    wildbill
    No one EXPLAINS the book of Revelation. (note it is not plural. Only ONE Revelation)

The Patmos islands are well known for their hallucinogenic mushrooms. Is this the reason for this awesome story of 10 headed dragons and giant locusts with human faces spewing fire?

Being all alone on an island for long enough , AND on hallucinogenics explains it.
  • TheHush... wildbill 2012/04/18 00:29:13
    TheHushedScreamer
    I'm sorry for misspelling.

Is there any evidence whatsoever that proves that John ate those "hallucinogenic mushrooms"?
  • wildbill TheHush... 2012/04/18 06:51:58
    wildbill
    The book of Revelation is an avalanche of strange images which is why it is common for the reader to think of it as a LOT of revelations. Of course, in Christian theology there is only ONE REVELATION which is Jesus Christ.

The only "evidence" of hallucinogens being used is the bazaar hallucinogenic nature of the images described in his writings.

That and the fact that archaeologists now agree that John wrote the book in the "Cave of the Apocalypse." By their very nature, caves are conducive to altered states of consciousness. The darkness and isolation is the perfect recipe for sensory deprivation.

It was a common practice in ancient times for religious leaders to use hallucinogens, fasting, and isolation so they could receive spiritual visions from their gods.

Revelation: 12 "Then I turned to see whose voice it was that spoke to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands I saw one like the Son of Man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; his eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet were like burnished bronze, refined as in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and ...

Revelation: 12 "Then I turned to see whose voice it was that spoke to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands I saw one like the Son of Man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; his eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet were like burnished bronze, refined as in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and from his mouth came a sharp, two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining with full force. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he placed his right hand on me, saying, ‘Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I was dead, and see, I am alive for ever and ever; and I have the keys of Death and of Hades. 19 Now write what you have seen, what is, and what is to take place after this."
  • TheHush... wildbill 2012/04/20 02:02:25
    TheHushedScreamer
    Ah, so you're telling me that Jesus's supposedly presence in front of John was not real? That John imagined it all? That he never saw Jesus?
  • wildbill TheHush... 2012/04/20 16:52:20
    wildbill
    Jesus can reveal His presence to anyone any way He chooses. It could be a burning bush, the sound of rushing mighty wind, tongues of fire on heads, His presence, or a vision.
    Jesus indicated that he communicated all that he wanted to communicate in the four Gospels to those who would listen to him (including yet future events) during his first visit, which visit ended with his ascension to the Father.
    The books known as “the four gospels” contain the actual words and teachings of the person of Jesus of Nazareth. There is very little serious question as to the authenticity of these books in terms of both their manuscript support and reasonable (first person witness accounts) content. Thus, for anyone to try and draw conclusions as to who Jesus was and his thoughts about various matters, one has no surer source than his own words as preserved in the four gospels.
    The book of revelation in the bible is one of the most ‘controversial’ books in the bible, meaning that among people who take the bible seriously, that book causes more disagreement than any other.
  • TheHush... wildbill 2012/04/20 19:35:11
    TheHushedScreamer
    Yes. But you told me that John was most likely hallucinating, so therefore he must have hallucinated Jesus's presence, according to what you said.

Ah. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Now, would you do me the favor of explaining WHY does it cause much disagreement and controversy?
  • wildbill TheHush... 2012/04/20 21:48:23 (edited)
    wildbill
    The book of Revelation describes a VISION of Jesus. Under what circumstances John received the vision has been controversial among theologians that goes all the way back to the Council of Nicaea In 325 A.D. and the establishment of which writings would be included in the canon.
    From what I have read about the deliberation of these bishops the outcome might have been different if so much wine had not been consumed. Catholic Bishop's love of wine when they confer has not changed.
    .The only sure way to not be deceived is to listen to Jesus ONLY as he spoke during his FIRST visit to earth, again, which visit ended when he ascended to his Father. What is contained in the book of Revelation is an alleged vision in which Jesus appeared to the author to give more information regarding future events. Jesus already gave his disciples a list of events that would happen in the future. Why would anyone listen to a Jesus in a vision versus the Man who walked the earth and who spoke so that those who heard Him could write down what He said???
    However, my biggest objection is HOW the book of Revelation is USED. Anyone who wants to make a buck from the bible and Christian thought gravitates to Revelation. The eagle becomes the United States and the bear is suppose to be Russia.etc, etc. Because of all the strange images in the book, crackpot and controversial concepts are born from quotes from this book more than any other.
  • wildbill bob 2012/04/16 02:27:53 (edited)
    wildbill

• bob TheHush... 2012/04/11 02:15:04
    bob
    What is possibly more amazing than the fact that so many people quote this verse and the concept of not judging, is that so many people could get the real meaning so completely wrong. This is especially true since the context makes it clear what Jesus meant by these words. When Jesus said that we should not judge unless we be judged also, he was not saying that we are to never judge if behavior is sin or not. What he was doing was giving us a caution to make sure that we are willing to be judged by the same standard of judgment. This verse is not a warning against judging an action. It is a warning against self deception and hypocrisy.
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/11 17:46:20
    TheHushedScreamer
    Now, you're the one stating and getting this completely wrong.
    What the verse actually says is that you should not judge someone by their actions, since you don't know what their thoughts truly are.
    But, since you insisted on bringing the hypocrisy term, I'll just say this: all Christians are hypocrites when it comes to explaining why they're against homosexuality. As you can see, they say "It's wrong because the Bible states it's a sin." Well, we all sin. Each and every single day of our lives, we sin one way or the other. Therefore, they're always being hypocrites when saying that it can't be accepted because it's a sin. If that were the case, most of the things we say and do in our daily lives are wrong, detestable and unacceptable.
  • bob TheHush... 2012/04/11 17:55:33
    bob
    Should Christians speak out against murder or is that being hypocritical, since everyone is a sinner?
  • TheHush... bob 2012/04/13 19:32:28
    TheHushedScreamer
    In THAT case, it isn't. Though, the Christian STILL has no right to judge, not even in that case. Because, even though the person murdered, he still has time to give in to God and have a much more better relationship with him that you could ever have.

2014/07/25 18:27:13