Same-Sex marriage: About time or unnatural?

ϟM̈ öp̈vytöϟ 2012/05/24 18:42:24
Related Topics: Sex, Same-sex, Marriage

• joshBigBoss 2012/11/01 20:34:51
    Other opinion
    joshBigBoss
    Adults are free to do whatever they want, I just think they need to keep stuff private. It's not everyone else's business and as long as they keep it to themselves then we can't comment on it.
  • xstaycoldx 2012/08/12 04:12:44
    About time
    xstaycoldx
    +1
    if it wasn't natural dogs of the same sex wouldn't hump each other.
  • joshBig... xstaycoldx 2012/11/01 20:36:20
    joshBigBoss
    When people said "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" I don't think that's what they meant...
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/06/22 04:33:11
    Unnatural
    Vijay Pawar
    +1
    What's wrong with us in the 21st centuary? We going in the space in Science, but simultaneously going deep in the mug in achieving spiritual goals. relationships to its lowest low. Than natural. Animals better-off.
  • Brosia 2012/06/22 04:23:27
    About time
    Brosia
    +2
    There have been gay people for just about ever. Why has it taken this long to be "acceptable", I don't understand.
  • joshBig... Brosia 2012/11/01 20:39:16
    joshBigBoss
    Let's replace "gay people" in your statement with murderers, or thieves, or anything else that isn't acceptable. By your logic anything should be acceptable because it's been around for so long.
    Flawed logic. Don't you think?
  • Seiryuu joshBig... 2012/11/02 02:35:24
    Seiryuu
    +1
    I think the issue is that murderers and thieves directly harm society. Murderers inspire fear, sorrow and anger, while thieves do not productively contribute to society by pilfering objects.

Homosexuals, as they are defined, are only attracted to their own sex. Such proclivities don't damage society, unlike the examples you've stated above.
  • Vicereine Killbride 2012/06/20 05:19:23
    Other opinion
    Vicereine Killbride
    +1
    It not natural. Humans aren't supposed to be gay. Its an accident in nature and there's NOTHING wrong with it. So I choose BOTH answer choices!
  • lolitalovely 2012/06/20 05:02:38 (edited)
    About time
    lolitalovely
    kudos to them! If it was unnatural animals wouldn't do it and people never would've had those inborn feelings.

This is sort of unrelated but I think 'The Big Gay Musical' is pretty funny, so here's the creation scene. It could be used to contest that whole gay sin thing with the plot line. Also Zanna Don't is really awesome because what if the world norm was gay, all us straights would be so pained.

• Michaelene 2012/05/31 16:08:48
    Other opinion
    Michaelene
    +1
    I find it very interesting that the # of marriages are down except in the LGBT community.
    When I got married I made a vow before God. I believe marriage is a holy sacrament.
    I also believe that people can do what they want, my opinion dosen't matter.
  • rightside 2012/05/30 14:53:07
    Unnatural
    rightside
    +1
    Gotta go with "Old Salt" on this one!
    No, homosexuality is not natural and it is a sin.
  • luke rightside 2012/05/30 22:26:46
    luke
    +2
    Actually, by ACTUAL the definition of natural: Natural: "Having/constituting a classification based on features existing in nature." Merriam Webster Dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.co...

Homosexuality having been observed in over 2,000 species is the feature already existing in nature, and is therefore classified as natural based upon the aforementioned feature.

Ergo, it's natural because it occurs naturally.

Also:

1) Sin is a contrived notion created by man.

2) God is a fallacy created by man in his own image: intolerant, sexist, misogynistic, malicious, malevolent, cruel, and violent.
  • rightside luke 2012/05/30 22:57:21
    rightside
    +1
    You post like you actually know that God does not exist. Silly, I should have ask you before I put my trust in Him. NOT.
    Sorry, you have lame facts and can't abide them.
  • Wayne luke 2012/05/31 17:35:24
    Wayne
    LOL
  • JP 2012/05/30 13:45:59
    Unnatural
    JP
    +2
    That being said I don't care who you want to doink on your own time...just don't expect me to watch your stupid parade.
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/30 04:51:04
    Unnatural
    +1
    There's nothing natural or acceptable about it. It's all about politics/"legal".
  • Old Soldier 2012/05/30 04:14:16
    Unnatural
    Old Soldier
    +3
    Unnatural means, "Without natural affection", but then people that understand the word of God already know this. It also means that people are "lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures" more than lovers of truth.

So what's new? Actually, nothing, people were like that 2000 years ago, and they were called the "Lost Generation."
  • luke Old Sol... 2012/05/30 22:27:25 (edited)
    luke
    +2

Homosexuality has been observed in over 2,000 species is the feature already existing in nature, and is therefore classified as natural based upon the aforementioned feature.

• Wayne luke 2012/05/31 17:36:23
    Wayne
    LOL
  • Seiryuu luke 2012/05/31 22:01:42
    Seiryuu
    +1
    Please ignore Wayne as he has nothing worth adding but copypasta.
  • Old Sol... luke 2012/06/06 00:07:05 (edited)
    Old Soldier
    You are correct. However, to understand ALL the species it happens in, including the cold blood species as well, and you fine that it is well over the 2000 mark. However, following is all the variations to the word “Natural”;

natural, natural childbirth, natural family planning, natural food, natural gas, natural killer cell, natural law, natural logarithm, natural number, natural philosopher, natural philosophy, natural resource, natural science, natural scientist, natural selection, natural theology, naturalise, naturalism, naturalist, naturalist, naturalistic, naturalistically, naturalization, naturalize, naturalized, naturalizing, naturally, naturalness, natural history.

But on this subject, one should follow up on “natural history” of those species. If they do, one learns what happens when Homosexuality turns up in the animal kingdom. The actions of Bears, coyotes, and wolf communities in North America, in all instances, the community unites and kills the offender on the spot, and the remains are removed from the pack / community once it is killed.

It appears that the wild Kingdom has become far smarter, or more intelligent than mankind on this subject.

Now, God does not say kill them in the Bible, for all vengeance in this case belongs to God. However, He does say; "from...

Now, God does not say kill them in the Bible, for all vengeance in this case belongs to God. However, He does say; "from such turn away." Which means have nothing to do with them. Let them do as they please, all they can do if they contenue is damage themselves more before God. As to those who judge in the matter, they would do well to read Matthew, chapter 7 slowly.
  • potlatch 2012/05/30 03:21:59
    Unnatural
    potlatch
    +3
    Unnatural and unnecessary. They can share everything without marriage, it is just another way of pushing their agenda.
  • Lizzeh potlatch 2012/08/12 13:08:23
    Lizzeh
    Soo.. you'd be okay if you were not allowed to get married? That's what you're saying about them, right? "They can share everything without marriage"
  • potlatch Lizzeh 2012/08/16 22:38:42
    potlatch
    I'm not homosexual and marriage between a man and woman is supported by both church and government. The number of homosexuals is very small, under 10% of our population, and yet they try to push their "wants" on the rest of us.
  • Lizzeh potlatch 2012/08/17 20:40:33
    Lizzeh
    Okay, I never said you were homosexual. But your comment was offensive. I don't care what your beliefs are nor do I care about anyone else's. BUT, don't you think that's a tad hypocritical? You may be a bible thumper, but not all of us go by your belief. Why should the gays not have equal rights as the straights just because the church is against it? Whether you like it or not, the day will come that it's legal everywhere. And that is the day I will jump for joy because then EVERYONE would be able to marry who they love. As of right now you are allowed to marry wherever you would like, but gays are not. That's all I wanted to say, good day.
  • elijahin24 2012/05/29 18:17:38
    About time
    elijahin24
    +1
    Soon, anti-gay bigotry, will be held in the same contempt as anti-black bigotry.
  • rightside elijahin24 2012/05/30 14:54:32
    rightside
    And then soon after that, Jesus will return.
  • elijahin24 rightside 2012/05/30 15:07:21
    elijahin24
    Sure he will. Out of curiosity, can yu point me to the chapter and verse where Jesus condemns homosexuality?
  • rightside elijahin24 2012/05/30 17:08:12
    rightside
    +1
    The bible is the Word of God. Its all over it. If you are referring to just the words that are listed in the bible that Jesus spoke, then there are none. But, its in the old testament and the new testament all over. If you are only going to take out of the bible just the listing of what Jesus said, then you are discounting the entire bible.
    Sorry, doesn't cut it.
    rightside
    Sorry, doesn't cut it.
  • elijahin24 rightside 2012/05/30 17:38:06
    elijahin24
    So if you must take the Bible in its entirety; I trust you also favor slavery, stoning disobedient children to death, sex-slavery, human-sacrifice, executing witches, non-believers, believers of other gods, adultrous women, and rape-victims?
  • rightside elijahin24 2012/05/30 17:53:30
    rightside
    +1
    Yes!!! I'm for all of that that you have taken out of context and are using to further your homosexual agenda. NOT
  • elijahin24 rightside 2012/05/30 17:59:21
    elijahin24
    +1
    I've taken none of that out of context. These represent Levitical law. Would you like for me to post chapter and verse?
  • rightside elijahin24 2012/05/30 18:02:09
    rightside
    Nope, no need. I've read the bible thru and thru many times. If you don't know what it means to sin and how God looks upon sin and how we cannot save ourselves, then you have taken things out of context.
  • Seiryuu rightside 2012/05/30 18:05:25
    Seiryuu
    I was under the impression that Christians aren't to follow the Old Testament anymore.
  • rightside Seiryuu 2012/05/30 18:27:06
    rightside
    Follow? Not quite sure what you are saying. The enhancement comes from Christ. The Old test simply declares the coming of the Messiah that will save us. Its shows in the Old test that we cannot save ourselves and how vile sin is and the punishment that God gives if we try to save ourselves.
  • Seiryuu rightside 2012/05/31 14:56:39
    Seiryuu
    *it

See, whenever I point out something from the Old Testament you folks should be following, I'm told that the things from the Old Testament are done with and you're not to follow them anymore. Like eating shellfish. Or wearing fabrics of two different materials.
  • rightside Seiryuu 2012/05/31 15:36:44
    rightside
    I didn't say I don't follow the Old Test, but we have this thing called the New Test that brings more into light and brings forth a Messiah.
    Try reading about Peter's dream that God gave him. Many other things that fall into play.
    You absolutely don't believe anything in it, so therefore, why are you arguing?
  • Seiryuu rightside 2012/05/31 17:04:07
    Seiryuu
    Because it's infringing on others' religious freedoms. Freedom of religion includes not only the freedom to practice it but also freedom from it.
  • rightside Seiryuu 2012/05/31 17:29:51
    rightside
    And the beautiful thing about that is that you and I both have the right to vote. I'll vote my way and you vote yours.

2014/07/28 10:23:57