Rush Limbaugh Arrested On Drug Charges...Should he have gone to Prison ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2012/01/09 11:41:56
Yes, Rush Limbaugh should have gone to Prison
No, Rush deserved a slap on the wrist
And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.
--Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)

When you strip it all away, Jerry Garcia destroyed his life on drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks.
--Rush Limbaugh radio show (quoted in the L.A. Times, 8/20/95)

Rush Limbaugh and prosecutors in the long-running prescription fraud case against him have reached a deal calling for the only charge against the conservative commentator to be dropped without a guilty plea if he continues treatment, his attorney said Friday.

Limbaugh turned himself in to authorities on a warrant filed Friday charging him with fraud to conceal information to obtain prescriptions, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Jail. He and his attorney Roy Black left about an hour later, after Limbaugh was photographed and fingerprinted and he posted $3,000 bail, Barbera said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/national/main156132...

Read More: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/national...

• ally 2012/01/09 14:42:43
    ally
    +17
    "Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."--Rush Linbaugh

Don't you love the hypocracy.

• Yes, Rush Limbaugh should have gone to Prison
    Algor. Mortis. - ҎԊǢɬ Physician
    +1
    He should be practicing what he is preaching
  • Raymond Allamby 2012/01/19 20:21:20
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    he should go to prison for the lies he tells daily. for blatant disregard of the laws he pretend to worship, he should be executed.
  • Eastexn25 2012/01/14 06:56:28
    No, Rush deserved a slap on the wrist
    Eastexn25
    +1
    I thought most people on the left want to make many drugs legal and free all of the non-violent drug related prisoners? Why the different tune for Rush Limbaugh? Are you asking for a different standard just because Rush is a right winger?
    BTW, why are you going all the way back to 2006 for a story to post as a question?
  • Che Gue... Eastexn25 2012/01/14 10:19:41
    Che Guevara - Hero
    Simple. Because Rush boasted publicly that people that do drugs should be sent to prison ? Why wouldn't that make sense to you ?

"And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."
    --Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)
  • Eastexn25 Che Gue... 2012/01/14 14:43:38
    Eastexn25
    +1
    So everyone that gets hooked on pain medication, usually due to a bad doctor, should go to prison while at the same time marijuana should be made legal and all people in prison for non-violent drug crimes should be set free? Pick one or the other, you can't have it both ways just because you do not like a persons political ideology.
  • PudNunl... Eastexn25 2012/03/04 11:22:50
    PudNunleyLogan
    +3
    Yes, it should be made legal(but at this time it is NOT)
  • PudNunl... PudNunl... 2012/03/04 11:23:38
    PudNunleyLogan
    +1
    Neither were the prescription drugs that he was seeking.
  • Raymond... Eastexn25 2012/01/19 20:12:57 (edited)
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    if it were legal, it would not be an issue. it currently is not. the law is the law. if others have gone to jail for similar offenses, then so should he. your argument is specious. people's personal feelings about drug laws, are not what the question is, but rather whether a person who committed a crime, should have been punished accordingly. it's your defense of him, and trying to spin the question in a different direction, that is evidence of a different standard.
  • Eastexn25 Raymond... 2012/01/19 21:41:38 (edited)
    Eastexn25
    +1
    I agree. If it is the law then EVERYONE who is guilty should pay the consequences. What I am talking about is that particular people on here preach that they want drugs to be legalized, drugs are not harmful, too many people are in prison for minor drug use, yaddah yaddah yaddah. Then out of the other side of their mouths they want to ridicule 1 man for being addicted to pain medication. Were these same people crying out against Michael Jackson saying he should go to prison? Nope... The outrage is solely because they do not agree with the man politically. He used to talk about how bad drugs can be... Look what happened to HIM! It can happen to anyone and is a prime example why no drugs should be made legal just so the government can profit off of it through taxation.
    edit to add:
    I replied to your response before I read your comment to the poll... 'execute him'?? Crap! Did I waste my time trying to have a discussion with you?
    Oh and BTW, I can not stand Rush Limbaugh... Never could, nor can I take Glen Beck! I put them in the same worthless boat as Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews then I hope that their boat sinks, and I hope their captain is Italian. (OK that was probably a little over the top)
  • Raymond... Eastexn25 2012/01/19 21:59:17
    Raymond Allamby
    my personal feelings about this piece of trash, have nothing to do with my stance on the law question. you talking about a poster's personal ideas on whether or not drugs should be legal is not relevant. it doesn't matter how we feel about the law. it's still the law. it should be applied equally.
  • Eastexn25 Raymond... 2012/01/19 22:10:39
    Eastexn25
    It does when they are demanding that the man go to jail, but on the flip side they want no jail for drug offenders. You do not see the hypocrisy in their stance.
  • Raymond... Eastexn25 2012/01/19 22:35:27
    Raymond Allamby
    they are advocating to get the laws changed. not advocating for laws to be ignored. the only hypocrisy here, is in your mind. you are reaching for a way to criticize those you don't agree with.
  • PudNunl... Eastexn25 2012/03/04 11:40:47
    PudNunleyLogan
    +3
    To be truthful, I didn't even know that I didn't agree with him politically until recently cuz I seriously won't listen to him. I do think they could decriminalize America by legalizing marijuana and I think ALL drugs or anything else done to excess is harmful. People don't know how to use common sense when it comes to drugs. Thats why we have dosages... Most drug users just use however much they can get. That is just nuts.
  • PudNunl... Eastexn25 2012/03/04 11:21:51
    PudNunleyLogan
    +1
    Because I told my sister that I didn't like him and she asked why. I just wanted to make sure my info was correct before I explained why. I have had loved ones that went to prison for WAY lesser charges and I think fair is fair... He is a hipocrate, and deserves to be in rpf. My friends werent given the opportunity for rehab...they were just shipped off.
  • dallasjoe 2012/01/14 01:34:07
    dallasjoe
    +1
    HE Broke the law pure and simple
  • scbluesman13 2012/01/13 01:23:06
    No, Rush deserved a slap on the wrist
    scbluesman13
    I don't believe he should have gotten a slap on the wrist, but I don't believe in jailing people for non-distribution drug offenses either. Rich or poor, famous or not, if you're just getting busted for drug possession, and not for intent to distribute or for conspiracy, then you should pay a fine, probation, and possibly community service... But save our expensive jail cells for violent criminals.
  • danielria 2012/01/11 17:41:02 (edited)
  • dallasjoe danielria 2012/01/14 01:35:38
    dallasjoe
    +2
    Words have meaning and he pushed for drug laws and Penalties he should have faced them himself
  • danielria dallasjoe 2012/01/16 16:52:03
    danielria
    I can see your point!
  • Patriot danielria 2012/01/17 08:22:45
    Patriot
    yes but I will pay for this idiot to go to jail. he has caused more damage tothe american public than anyone else in this great countries history
  • danielria Patriot 2012/01/17 19:01:26
    danielria
    Finally, a guy that has some sense. I have argued with people who look up to this idiot on many occasions. All this guy is good for is dividing a nation that needs to come together and solve its many problems.
  • Patriot danielria 2012/01/20 01:18:45
    Patriot
    You are right that he is trying to divide this great nation. That is how any nations falls. divide and Conquer! has always been this way. To many people listen to this news talk radio and believe it. They don't do any research of thier own cause its easier to just agree with the sensationalists. Please keep your wits about you as these p[eople live and trive on fear and hate , and when comnfronted with truth or anyone who opposes them they are prone to violents. they don't have any reasoning skills nor abilities. Thank you my friend and keep you own research going The greatest of all one true love knows you and has you for all time
  • danielria Patriot 2012/01/20 02:56:27
    danielria
    Thanks for your response!
  • Patriot danielria 2012/02/04 01:50:30
    Patriot
    +1
    Anytime. When you make it to Oregon I will be happy to show you around
  • danielria Patriot 2012/02/04 03:58:18
    danielria
    Thanks for the offer. I may actually take you up on that offer! Planning on going to Oregon this summer.
  • Patriot danielria 2012/02/11 01:29:08
    Patriot
    +1
    If I can I will hook you up to see the best of Oregon. Sometimes I take a job assignment in New Zealand for a few Months as the money is worth it . Butam generaly in the Northwest
  • HiYa 2012/01/11 01:00:17
    HiYa
    +2
    They should have thrown him under the jail.
  • Patriot HiYa 2012/01/17 08:20:36
    Patriot
    yeamen
  • Patriot 2012/01/10 22:40:53
    Patriot
    +2
    He would have insisted that anyone else doing the same as he would have to go to prison. He has done more to harm our country than anyone. should be on the list with Bin Laden and every other terroist
  • Che Gue... Patriot 2012/01/11 00:40:45
  • Catalana 2012/01/10 21:43:07
    No, Rush deserved a slap on the wrist
    Catalana
    As much as he disgusts me nobody should go to prison for drug use. Putting drug addicts in jail when we have few resources is a very poor way to spend resources.
  • S. Gompers 2012/01/10 14:36:20
    S. Gompers
    +3
    By his own standards, he used to advocate mandatory sentencing for 1st offenders till he got caught.
  • Ego Death 2012/01/10 14:18:23
    Ego Death
    +4
    Rush seems to be untouchable.

When will America learn he is nothing but a piss in the wind.

• Raymond... Ego Death 2012/01/19 20:17:36
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    this is BEYOND awesome. i love Bill Hicks.
  • Ego Death Raymond... 2012/01/20 12:51:00
    Ego Death
    +1
    For a fully fledged supporter of the "War On Drugs" he should get a first hand taste.
  • Raymond... Ego Death 2012/01/20 13:02:27
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    absolutely!
  • Larry 2012/01/10 06:18:32
    No, Rush deserved a slap on the wrist
    Larry
    +1
    I don't think anyone should go to prison for using drugs, county jail is probably enough.
  • Ego Death Larry 2012/01/10 14:19:18
    Ego Death
    +2
    Even if that...
    No, Rush deserved a slap on the wrist
    +1
    What are other people given in similiar circumstances--he deserves the same!
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/01/10 04:15:30

2014/07/23 08:08:28