Ron Paul to speak. Will that satisfy his followers?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/07/24 01:36:21
Ron Paul has at least 500 delegates. He wants the convention to hear him. Mitt Romney doesn't especially want that. But he knows that if he doesn't let Ron Paul speak, Ron Paul's followers will never forgive him or the Republican Party. So he's giving him the kid-glove treatment. (John McCain didn't do that. And we all know how that worked out.)

Ron Paul knows by now that he won't get the nomination. In his most recent message to supporters, he said he wants to affect the platform debate.

So: the GOP will let him speak. Will that satisfy his followers?

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/07/23...

• DDogbreath 2012/07/24 14:11:19
    No. For Ron Paul's people, it's Ron Paul or no one.
    DDogbreath
    +22
    That is what you still don't get, we are not Ron Paul followers. We are the "Liberty Movement". Ron Paul is the only candidate that thinks "OUR LIBERTY" is worth getting back.

How can so many dumb asses not see this? Over half a MILLION brave soldiers paid the ultimate price for our liberty. Our government takes it away.

It's NOT THEIRS to take or dole out as they see fit.

• twhiting9275 2012/08/07 22:51:36
    Yes. Ron Paul's followers will do as Ron Paul says.
    twhiting9275
    +1
    These are the same clowns that maintain Paul party lines. Hopefully, he IS smart enough to realize he can't do this again, and he can't win THIS time.
  • Seeker62 2012/08/07 19:25:57 (edited)
    Seeker62
    +1
    I am waiting to see whether the VP will be a tea party person or a Ron Paul affiliate or not. If the VP turns out to be just another big government republican like Romney and Bush then, Ron Paul speaking will not be able to overcome that. I will be looking third party.
  • PrettieReptar 2012/08/01 22:40:10
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    I wouldn't put every Paul supporter in the same category as far as their vote goes. Paul might be able to influence but at the end of the day each person will decide what they will do. At least its that way for me.

I really despise what the GOP has done by nominating Romney. He is not a true conservative--he's a moderate for the most part. Sometimes he swings to the left but not the right.

Still trying to figure out the GOP angle on this one.
  • Deere G... Prettie... 2012/08/02 01:46:29
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I agree.......I Liked Newt Gingrich.....He is a proven true conservative......the only senator or congressman that has a proven record of balancing a budget 4 years in a row.....an accomplishment Bill CLinton loves to boast about even today.....he left Clinton with a surplus.....unfortunately Bush and his GOP and Democratic legislature managed to squander the surplus and put us deep in debt....then Obama was gonna reverse the spending, instead he increased spending more than ALL of the presidents before him....he has to go.....
  • Prettie... Deere G... 2012/08/03 21:34:41
    PrettieReptar
    +2
    I know several people liked Gingrich but I'm not one of them. Although I appreciate your feedback, we don't see eye to eye on this one.

Hell, I guess I shouldn't be so upset about it. Paul formerly ran as a libertarian. I'd say he's a libertarian leaning conservative. I don't consider Romney a conservative in any way shape or form.

I know why Paul ran on the GOP ticket and I don't blame him--because of the republican-democrat duopoly.
  • Deere G... Prettie... 2012/08/03 21:41:49
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    He probably would have done better running as a libertarian which is what he is.......you have a right to disagree....we both have the right to our opinions.....at least for now anyway......if Obama gets in for 4 more years I'm not so sure.......
  • Prettie... Deere G... 2012/08/04 16:04:45
    PrettieReptar
    +2
    That's the point, I don't think he would have gotten anywhere running independent. Neither will Gary Johnson. Not while we have this two party monopoly.

And the thought of Obama getting 4 more years is terrifying.
  • Deere G... Prettie... 2012/08/05 02:11:09
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    We agree on this one......
  • Red Prettie... 2012/08/13 07:34:23
  • Prettie... Red 2012/08/16 00:24:43
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    Who the GOP? Sell outs more like.
  • Red Prettie... 2012/08/16 05:40:14
  • Prettie... Red 2012/08/18 15:54:29 (edited)
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    I see where you're going now with the term traitor. Yes, I think we have traitors in our midst. And you nailed it with naming the Bushes and Clintons. I'm not sure how you figure Nixon plays into this.

Those two families have been in government for 32 years. Obama taking office finally broke the pattern (Bush--Clinton--Bush--Obama), well sort of. Obama gave Hillary a high ranking position--she is 4th in line to the presidency now. When she ran for president, If she had won, it would have truly continued the pattern (Bush--Clinton--Bush--Clinton). I heard that the Bush family has been pushing Jeb to run for president and now Chelsea Clinton is talking about entering politics. Good grief, enough!

This is why I am an advocate for term limits--and I would extend that policy to include family lines. Although I think term limits also limit people's choice, at this point I think its necessary. I'm not convinced that our system is operating the way our founders intended. I really feel that those two families are gaming the system--and that there is an agenda behind it.
  • Red Prettie... 2012/08/18 20:24:40
  • JoeM~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/26 16:50:36
    JoeM~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I hope that he speaks to unite the party not to divide. The enemy of our way of life is already doing that.
  • Red JoeM~PW... 2012/08/18 20:27:22
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/26 16:21:40
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    What I get from the RP folks is if their guy can't get the nomination they will stay with the status quo and vote Obama.

To me that's just insane. On the fiscal side, RP has some really solid ideas. In fact most of his fiscal ideologies are in line with conservative ideals.

To give a vote to Obama out of spite because their guy isn't the nominee, is like a little kid who breaks a toy he doesn't own so nobody can play with it.

A vote for Obama is a sure vote for total fiscal failure and totally against RP's ideals.
  • Deere G... ScottyG... 2012/08/02 16:49:01
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I totally agree..........
  • safari 2012/07/26 02:26:08
    safari
    +4
    For some it will and for some it probably won't. Not all RP supporters are cut out of the same cloth.
  • Dodgerfan 2012/07/25 02:41:27
    Dodgerfan
    +4
    Let's get one thing straight up front. We are supporters of liberty and not "followers" of anyone. With the mike turned on, and no one to censor him, Ron Paul would at last be given the floor to speak and let the nation hear what he has to say undiluted by the media and the bobble heads that work for the corporations. How can any person forget the blatant disregard given Ron Paul in the Republican debates and the one episode of 89 seconds of speaking time.

The RNC is scared to death of what will happen when the country hears the truth. Just like now in Congress the bankers are shaking in their boots with the possible passage of an Audit the Fed bill making its way to the White House for a signature. If it does and Obama refuses to sign it then it will be another nail in his coffin.

Romney needs to get out of the way and let Ron Paul take the reins as the Republican nominee as he has next to no chance of winning in November. And for all you people who think he is the answer, with what is it he plans on replacing Obamcare? Obama will make mince meat out of Romney in a debate but he won't be able to make anything stick to Paul. And that goes for the Israel lovers who think it is our duty to give them aid. They are a country just like any other and they have more than the necess...

Romney needs to get out of the way and let Ron Paul take the reins as the Republican nominee as he has next to no chance of winning in November. And for all you people who think he is the answer, with what is it he plans on replacing Obamcare? Obama will make mince meat out of Romney in a debate but he won't be able to make anything stick to Paul. And that goes for the Israel lovers who think it is our duty to give them aid. They are a country just like any other and they have more than the necessary fire power to protect themselves. Protecting Israel is nothing more than a ploy to stay in the Middle East and keep making war for decades while our own country falls to complete disarray and no longer able to rebuild itself.
  • Temlako... Dodgerfan 2012/07/25 17:59:27
    Well, as I said: Romney was more scared of what would happen if he tried to stop Paul. Hence the kid-gloves treatment.
  • Dodgerfan Temlako... 2012/07/26 03:56:37
    Dodgerfan
    Ron Paul will be holding a pre-convention gathering in Tampa and you can bet your boots there won't be any media coverage. Ron Paul is the cure for what ails the Republican Party.
  • Red Dodgerfan 2012/08/16 05:44:50
  • Dodgerfan Red 2012/08/16 17:48:35
    Dodgerfan
    Please explain. I haven't heard that one.
  • Red Dodgerfan 2012/08/16 21:14:27
  • Dodgerfan Red 2012/08/17 02:57:56
    Dodgerfan
    The act of proof is on your shoulders not mine.
  • Red Dodgerfan 2012/08/17 04:33:41
  • Dodgerfan Red 2012/08/17 04:36:41
    Dodgerfan
    When someone makes a claim and then refuses to give support for the claim then something is wrong. Go ahead and block because I won't be intimidated by anyone that doesn't show proof.
  • Red Dodgerfan 2012/08/17 04:38:25
  • Red Dodgerfan 2012/08/16 05:43:43
  • Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWC... 2012/07/25 00:48:07 (edited)
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Ron Paul was not my man....Newt Gingrich was......but Ron Paul as a republican and liberatarian candidate deserves to be heard.....as do all candidates....Mitt Romney was not my choice, unfortunately he's all that's left..he's what the GOP establishment crammed down our throats night after night from the outset.......no other candidate had a chinaman's chance against him.....he had the establishment and the big money behind him.....now win or lose this is what we have.....and not very impressive in my opinion.....but compared to Obama, he's a jewel.......I cannot fathom the thought of 4 more years of Obama....the GOP must win back the presidency and the congress and not blow it like they did under Bush.....they spent absolutely too much money....whoever is elected, must put a handle on the spending or America will go the way of Greece....this is the first time in the history of this country that our debt is threatening to pass our Gross Domestic Product....folks that means we owe more money than we're worth.....any kindergarten child knows that....it's simple math.....you simply can't spend more money than you have or the Arabs and the CHinese will totally own us....can we really afford to let that happen.?...I'll fight like hell for this country, as long as there's a breath in me.....I hope others feel the same......
  • sean Deere G... 2012/07/26 03:16:15
    sean
    +1
    while we owe, what is it now 15-16 trillion..its not the chinese or arabs we owe, never heard arabs ? we owe china around 1 trillion, japan around 1 trillion..the rest we owe to the federal reserve corporation, the money while printed at the treasury, is loaned to us, with intrest by the federal reserve corporation, we pay the federal reserve corporation what is it now, 600 - 700 billion or more a year in intrest alone, the rothschilds own most of the federal reserve corporation, est. family fortune 300-900 TRILLION, with a T..the same ROTHSCHILDS FAMILY who never seem to be able to make forbes list of BILLIONAIRES.
  • Red sean 2012/08/13 07:38:33
  • Prettie... Deere G... 2012/08/01 22:30:16
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    That's why I say Romney is not a fiscal conservative. He won't cut spending--although he's promised repeal Obamacare. Not sure how he plans to do that since Congress makes the laws.
  • Deere G... Prettie... 2012/08/02 01:41:25
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    With a republican senate and house he can repeal it....
  • brozak Deere G... 2012/08/03 23:51:19
    brozak
    +1
    But will he? or will they? He has been on both sides of so many issues that I wonder just who in the blue blazes Mitt Romney really is!
  • Deere G... brozak 2012/08/04 02:11:03
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    Well.....without a doubt we know what Obama truly is.......he has to go......
  • Prettie... Deere G... 2012/08/04 16:14:17
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    I hope you're right. These days I don't believe many of the people in our congress give a hoot about us--its all about self interest or some unseen agenda.
  • Red Prettie... 2012/08/13 07:39:59
  • Red Prettie... 2012/08/13 07:39:00
  • Prettie... Red 2012/08/16 00:27:05
    PrettieReptar
    What do you mean?

2014/09/30 17:52:49