Ron Paul To CNN Anchor: ‘Stop Pestering Me With Silly Questions” ( Congressman speaks out at more calls for him to quit GOP race. )

Mr.Reasonable 2012/03/27 17:23:12
Appearing on CNN, GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul was once again forced to dismiss calls for him to drop out of the race for the Republican nomination. In a tense exchange, the Congressman told host Piers Morgan to stop the “silly questions” about quitting.

“If I was prescribing some medicine for you right now, congressman,” Morgan said during the interview, “I think I would say the situation is looking pretty terminal for your race to the GOP nominee. Why don’t you just do the decent thing and pull out?”

Paul fired back, “Why don’t you do the decent thing and not pester me with silly questions like that? That would be decent of you.”

Morgan them spoke over the top of the Congressman as he attempted to clarify his position.

“Why don’t you let me finish?” Paul stated.

When he was finally allowed to speak, the Congressman defended his campaign and said there was still a long way to go in the race.

“You know, whether it’s up in Maine — or right now we’re doing very well in the state of Washington and North Dakota and excellent now in Nevada. And even Missouri the other day, some really good news came out there for us,” Paul said. “Through the process, our people are in the right places. They’re doing the things to become a delegate. So it’s way too soon for you to write anybody off.”

“Besides, just because somebody is in second or third place and — but there’s a race going on. What if Mitt Romney isn’t the best person?” Paul asked. “Why should we just throw in the towel because people like you say, ‘Hey, throw in the towel; people don’t want you out there wanting to debate the war and wanting to debate the Federal Reserve and wanting to debate this civil liberties, you know, assassination on American citizens, the military arresting Americans’?”

Morgan then backtracked and contradicted his earlier “prescription”, stating “I don’t want you to throw in the towel. I think you’re a national treasure in this country. I wondered if you thought you should, and you made your position crystal-clear. And I wish you all the very best with your campaign.”

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/american-pro...

• TuringsChild 2012/03/27 17:30:08
    TuringsChild
    +5
    First it was Santorum, now it's Paul. The MSM is going into overdrive to get rid of the candidates they want out. They'll have Romney safe by the Primaries, and then Obama will have a win/win. Even if he loses, his policies will continue unchanged.

• PrettieReptar 2012/04/01 22:32:59
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    “Why don’t you do the decent thing and not pester me with silly questions like that? That would be decent of you.”

Way to put the media in their place Dr. Paul. He has put up with their obnoxious behavior for way too long.
  • Sheepdog 2012/03/29 06:12:32
    Sheepdog
    +1
    I'm glad to hear Dr. Paul speak up to those controlled media talking heads.
  • rocat 2012/03/27 22:31:47
    rocat
    +4
    cowardly false progs...
    never stand behind their own words-

beware the double hearted/minded...
    have no association with them-
  • Gregaj7 2012/03/27 19:25:35
    +3
    The MSM is a whore, having "orgasms" with interviews like that. It'd be REALLY excellent is EVERYONE stopped watching the CFR-controlled MSM news.
  • Mr.Reas... Gregaj7 2012/03/27 20:10:20
  • Gregaj7 Mr.Reas... 2012/03/27 21:34:52
    +1
    So, allegedly which are we?
  • Mr.Reas... Gregaj7 2012/03/27 22:20:32
    Mr.Reasonable
    +2
    I'm always referred to as a RWNJ, aren't you?
  • Gregaj7 Mr.Reas... 2012/03/27 22:26:04
    +3
    Not always. Sometimes a "moon-bat nut" or "tin-foil-hat-conspiratist". That's usually when I take one more shot at opening their eyes with something allegedly "undeniable". Every once-in-a-while One will bite; then they get another step down the 'rabbit-hole'.
  • Mr.Reas... Gregaj7 2012/03/27 22:29:38
    Mr.Reasonable
    +2
    Yep! I've experienced the same thing.
  • rocat Mr.Reas... 2012/03/27 22:27:15
    rocat
    +4
    i get labeled both rwnj and lwnj-

to me...
    this reveals neither side gets it-
  • Mr.Reas... rocat 2012/03/27 22:30:58
    Mr.Reasonable
    +3
    Incorrect labeling is the problem! There should be ONLY right and wrong.
  • rocat Mr.Reas... 2012/03/28 00:47:58
    rocat
    +1
    nice word work there-
  • Seonag 2012/03/27 18:01:14
    Seonag
    +2
    I'm so over the MSM!
  • TuringsChild 2012/03/27 17:30:08
    TuringsChild
    +5
  • Gregaj7 Turings... 2012/03/27 21:34:16
    +3
    And THAT is the plan!!
  • Mr.Reas... Gregaj7 2012/03/27 22:22:51 (edited)
    Mr.Reasonable
    +2
    "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him THEIR plan." ;)
  • Gregaj7 Mr.Reas... 2012/03/27 22:26:43
  • rocat Mr.Reas... 2012/03/27 22:28:54
    rocat
    we laugh together often-

god has an awesome sense of humor-

2014/04/23 15:04:43