Ron Paul Supporter Wants To Start White Student Union

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/09/11 15:09:35

A student at a university near Baltimore wants to start a White Student Union. Matthew Heimbach of Towson University says there is a Black Student Union on campus that celebrates its heroes, and he wants to be free to do the same.

“We want to replicate what every student union does on campus,” wrote Heimbach, a Ron Paul supporter, in the university newspaper.

“Love your race,” the ad placed in the paper read. “Support a white student union.”

According to Heimbach, 17 students have expressed interest in joining the union. However, Heimbach claims he has been accused of hate speech.

“So Facebook banned me for a day and took down the Towson University White Student Union page for ‘hate speech,’” Heimbach posted on Facebook. “Funny enough the Towson University Black Student Union page is still up.”

Currently, the White Student Union is only in the works; it is not a Student Government Association-approved group. Should the White Student Union continue its efforts, some assume that the SGA will vote it down.

“After the headache of last year (Youth for Western Civilization), I’m afraid SGA might vote us down on principle,” he said. “But if we have the students, the adviser and the constitution, there’s no reason to allow us not to be SGA affiliated.”

Read More: http://personalliberty.com/2012/09/11/ron-paul-sup...

• whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/09/11 16:36:32
  • Transquesta 2012/09/11 15:57:51
    Transquesta
    +1
    Dumb.

I'M a libertarian and this is still dumb. I believe in freedom of speech and association, and this is STILL dumb. Of all the hills on which to fling one's self, this is the best these nitwits could do?
  • Brendakp 2012/09/11 15:38:55
    Brendakp
    +3
    Ah yes, the double standard. Do as I say, but not as I do.
  • Reichstolz 2012/09/11 15:34:51
    Reichstolz
    +3
    Ah the double standard. So it goes racism among black organizations is fine, just don't try to copy it if you are not black.
  • Rustie 2012/09/11 15:24:28
    Rustie
    +3
    Right. Like they'll let THAT happen.
  • Scott 2012/09/11 15:23:38
    Scott
    +2
    If the purpose is simply to illustrate the divisiveness of some other restrictive student union (ie black student union) then I'm all for it. Then once they see how stupid it is, they both can go away. To establish and keep it though is not going to benefit anybody.
  • In Love With Liberty 2012/09/11 15:18:28
    In Love With Liberty
    +2
    I don't think it's smart but he can do what he wants.
  • KrisD87. 2012/09/11 15:16:14
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/09/11 15:14:57
    Rusty Shackleford
    +2
    A little weird, but he has every right to do so.

2014/04/17 12:57:13