Ron Paul refuses to fully endorse Mitt Romney. Are you surprised?

Diane 2012/08/27 01:26:46
In an interview with the New York Times, Ron Paul detailed his conversations with Republican National Convention organizers, who he says offered him a speaking slot under conditions he couldn't meet.

According to Paul, convention planners offered the Texas congressman the chance to speak under
two conditions: that he gave a speech pre-approved by Romney's campaign, and that he give a "full-fledged" endorsement of Mitt Romney.

“It wouldn’t be my speech," Paul said. "That would undo everything I’ve done in the last 30 years. I don’t fully endorse him for president."

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/26/ron-paul-...

• BlackSouth 2012/10/07 01:40:40
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    BlackSouth
    +1
    Ron Paul is the only Conservative that sticks to his guns. All the other Republican candidates drug Mitt through the mud. and saying the same things that Obama is now (So how is he running a dirty campaign?) Now all of them but Paul has given Mitt their endorsement so what does that tell you about them? Well all of them except Ron.
  • TheFightingPanties 2012/08/28 09:17:41
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    TheFightingPanties
    Sorry Ron Paul. You gave it your best, but apparently your racism and sexism just couldn't beat the appeal of Robo-Canidate(tm). "Put money in the ass, and the words you want come out the mouth! Comes in a variety of colors, Off-White, Lilly White and Ivory! (Male only. If you want batteries go to China you dirty commie socialist)"
  • KrisD87 2012/08/27 21:33:20
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    KrisD87
    Considering he hates romney, No!
  • historian KrisD87 2012/08/27 22:36:09
    historian
    He hates Romney?
  • DP 2012/08/27 20:23:13
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    DP
    +2
    He doesn't flip-flop like Romney or evolve like Obama. Ron is Rawn, and he's a champ.
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    +4
    Ron Paul knows a Romney/Ryan ticket will ruin the country.
  • Piper 2012/08/27 18:43:07
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    Piper
    +2
    Ron Paul has been consistent in his beliefs and stances, from what I've read, and heard him say. Although I don't agree with many of his stances, I can't help liking his feisty attitude.
  • JohnT 2012/08/27 17:06:13
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    JohnT
    +1
    I agree nor should he. I really like this man too bad his foreign policies are from outer space or I would vote for him. Who knows compared to what we are being currently offered time to think if over.
  • historian JohnT 2012/08/27 22:35:06
    historian
    +1
    Why is his foreign policy from outer space? A massive, world-wide military empire is antithetical to sovereignty, liberty, and freedom, not to mention a drain on resources that could be better spent elsewhere. I never really understood why the foreign policy of the U.S. as a peacemaker is so horrible, considering the detrimental affects the opposite has had on our nation for the past several decades. Obviously something is wrong.
  • David 2012/08/27 16:11:38
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    David
    +4
    Ron Paul has been outspoken against the Republican establishment for a long time now which is why they shun him. Ron Paul out of all of the potential candidates this election season would have been the best choice from President. He has had the most solid philosophy for getting America back on track.
  • john doe 2012/08/27 16:08:28
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    john doe
    +2
    Romney is a servant of the corporatocracy just like Obama. If romeny is elected he will only continue where Obama left off. People are fools. How many lies does a politician have to tell before we demand something better.

“Capital must protect itself in every possible manner by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, bonds and mortgages must be foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through a process of law, the common people lose their homes they will become more docile and more easily governed through the influence of the strong arm of government, applied by a central power of wealth under control of leading financiers. This truth is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of Capital to govern the world. By dividing the voters through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance. Thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves what has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished.” 
    – US Bankers Magazine, Aug 25, 1924
  • fisherman 2012/08/27 16:00:59
    fisherman
    not to rufffle any feathers here , but if ron paul had the answer to the problems at hand dont ya think he would be the nominee hands down ?
  • john doe fisherman 2012/08/27 16:10:58
    john doe
    What "ideas" are you refering to exactly, or are you just repeating what the mass meadia says?
  • fisherman john doe 2012/08/27 16:17:28
    fisherman
    not talking about ideas , i am refering to the fact that why when running against a" cold blooded morman schmuck " is he on the outside looking in ?
  • David fisherman 2012/08/27 16:14:03
    David
    +1
    Do you really think so? Only a fool believes this. Has Obama had any decent ideas? No, but he still got the Democratic nomination in 2008 and 2012. Running for President and most high profile offices is about being the best salesman.
  • fisherman David 2012/08/27 16:32:27
    fisherman
    wrong again ...i despise obama and all he has done ...i am talking about ron paul supporters that just cant admit defeat and cant see that a vote for a candidate outside the mainstream ( no matter how bad it sucks ) is a vote for the bamster .
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/27 22:23:09
    historian
    +1
    "...a vote for a candidate outside the mainstream ( no matter how bad it sucks ) is a vote for the bamster "- Who determines mainstream? Your electronic shepherd and corporate master? Try freedom, it's nice.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/28 03:24:34
    fisherman
    i am gonna take a guess here that you think that senile old corpse ron paul is gonna make everythimg sunshine lolliepops and roses . there arnt many options out there but i dont think he is one . paulists are as delusional as obamazombies .
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/28 03:28:04
    historian
    Let me take a guess, you say you're conservative, defend the Constitution, love this country, against socialism, for a strong defense, etc, but you're being a hypocrite by voting for Romney who is the antithesis to what you claim to believe in.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/28 03:37:04
    fisherman
    well who pray tell is not the antithesis of what i believe ...?
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/28 03:50:53
    historian
    Well, if that guess was correct, you would vote for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or Virgil Goode. Romney has already supported violations of every single traditional conservative principle.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/28 04:04:45
    fisherman
    and how many of these also rans are in a position to unseat the evil one , and didnt they have the same chance as everyone else to present their plan to the voting public ? i guess you dont remember ross perot , well i voted for him and got slick willie instead and as much as you may hate it the same holds true today .
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/28 04:14:34
    historian
    "...and didnt they have the same chance as everyone else to present their plan to the voting public ?" Not really, considering the saturation of propaganda on We the People, their minds manipulated by the "public opinion molding" corporate "news" stations, papers, and radio. Look at how Ron Paul was shunned. Anyway, equal, definitely not, but they are still out there and would be voted for more often if people weren't lazy and wanting to be told who the so-called electable or front-runner is. If nobody looked around to see who everyone else was voting for, the election would be different, but the herd mentality is strong.

As for Ross Perot, everyone seems to like to drag him out as a reason not to break from the enslavement of the two-headed globalist party, but will again point out- Reagan had two terms, with Bush Sr as VP, then GB became President, and during his first term he got us into a war in the middle east with Iraq, based on lies and propaganda that was found out after the fact, he lied about not raising taxes, and people were sick and tired of him by the time 92' rolled around. That was why Clinton won, not because of Ross Perot. People just gave up after that instead of moving forward and building on what they accomplished. We're going to have to destroy the ...

As for Ross Perot, everyone seems to like to drag him out as a reason not to break from the enslavement of the two-headed globalist party, but will again point out- Reagan had two terms, with Bush Sr as VP, then GB became President, and during his first term he got us into a war in the middle east with Iraq, based on lies and propaganda that was found out after the fact, he lied about not raising taxes, and people were sick and tired of him by the time 92' rolled around. That was why Clinton won, not because of Ross Perot. People just gave up after that instead of moving forward and building on what they accomplished. We're going to have to destroy the two-faced party by raising up a third party that is loyal and determined to restore the Constitutional Republic, or we can simply go along with the incremental destruction and be despised by future generations for not standing up before it became impossible to do so.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/28 04:52:18
    fisherman
    now you are starting to sound like obama with that lazy remark ...now more than ever the voting public is aware of thier surroundings , more and more your propaganda threory is losing ground . the media elected obama and the electorate is getting wise to it and listening less . for example ...the incumbent is candidate A and doing a horrible job . the challenger is candidate B but there is a group that supports candidate C and there is only 100 voters .candidate A gets 40 votes , candidate B gets 30 votes and candidate C gets 30 votes . looks like its candidate A due to the well intentioned but misguided efforts on behalf of candidate C to replace A and B .
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/28 05:04:08
    historian
    "now you are starting to sound like obama with that lazy remark ..." How so? Do you think the voters actually look into all the candidates and vote for the best to serve the Constitutional role of President? If so, why did they choose Mitt Romney who has stated he will violate his oath once in office?

Mitt Romney- "I can assure you if I’m president, the Iranians will have no question but that I will be willing to take military action if necessary to prevent them from becoming a nuclear threat to the world. I don’t believe at this stage, therefore, if I’m president that we need to have a war powers approval or special authorization for military force. The President has that capacity now."

He shares Obama's belief that the President is a military dictator with his own private mercenary force. He says he'll violate the Constitution's requirement that the Legislature declare war.(just because others have gotten away with this doesn't mean you just let the dictator continue, God help these people).

He supports the violations of our inalienable rights, socialized medicine, taking money from We the People for the enrichment of private business, etc.

This is -not a horse race-. I have seen several people posting that crap about odds and splits as if they're calculating who the winner...

This is -not a horse race-. I have seen several people posting that crap about odds and splits as if they're calculating who the winner will be among some tag-team gladiators.

It's simple. Disregard what the herd is doing. Vote for the best candidate. It's simple.

""If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

""If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    Samuel Adams

Wise words.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/28 17:24:06
    fisherman
    alrighty then , you made your point .the system in place is not the best , in fact it sucks . and dont fool your self into thinking there is an alternative . i am not doing hand springs over the fact the best the GOP could do is mittens . but as i said its the only game in town and if this was a horse race i would give the odds to romney as opposed to some third rate hack that couldnt prove his point except for a few die hards . it is what it is , and no matter what you or i think about it , you cant change it . the fact that you blame it on media spin or propoganda has nothing to do with fact that paul and his like are on the outside looking in ...which does nothing to remove obama , and at the end of the day thats what matters to and a whole lot of other "sheep" as you like to call them .
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/28 17:35:30
    historian
    "..but as i said its the only game in town and if this was a horse race i would give the odds to romney as opposed to some third rate hack that couldnt prove his point except for a few die hards ." This is why people are voting for Romney, not because he's qualified or represents them. Hacks? No, those are the people who are still voting the way the system intended, to insure we have freedom and maintain our Constitutional Republic. The hacks are those who have given up their country and children's future to the establishment.

I know getting rid of Obama is the primary focus of the minds of the "sheep", just as the other "sheep" voted for Obama to do anything to get rid of Republicans. This is the system.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/28 17:55:18
    fisherman
    +1
    your point is the media et al steers the electorate to the person of THEIR choice at the pleasure of some shadow group . and in 08 thats just what happened . was obama qualified ? i think not . is romney qualified ? remains to be seen .would a guy like ron paul made the big difference ? we will never know eh ? and if you are correct and the shadow group is trieing to control the outcome of this election , then i think they are gonna find the sheep a lot harder to herd . you tell me i am at the mercy of the powers that be and i say you are living in some happy unicorn fantasy world so i think we will have agree to disagree ...what say you ?
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/28 18:06:35
    historian
    " i think not . is romney qualified ? remains to be seen"- What remains, he has already stated his beliefs that are unconstitutional, he's a typical flip-flopping, lying politicians, etc.

I didn't say a thing about a shadow group. The propaganda stations are owned by a handful of individuals and they have said they mold public opinion. There's no mystery there.

Yeah, we can agree to disagree, of course. I can't force you to believe otherwise, and you can't force me. I was just trying to make a point, and I think it has been done. Thanks.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/29 17:48:03
    fisherman
    not only have you made your point , you have re-enforced my thinking on the matter . thanx
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/29 17:50:09
    historian
    I wouldn't call it thinking, if you're just following Dear Leader, regardless of the PARTY label you put on him.
  • historian fisherman 2012/08/27 22:28:32 (edited)
    historian
    +1
    No. The American public are the victims of massive psychological warfare, constant propaganda, and conditioning to accept what they're told rather than thinking and investigating for themselves. The television, radio, papers, etc say Candidate A is the only one who can beat Obama, who can get elected, is conservative, etc, they vote for Candidate A. You can look at that candidate's history and his speeches and know he's not any of the things described by the masters, and even that another Candidate actually does fit that description, but they will still follow the A and discard the B, simply because they believe "everyone else is going with A, they're mainstream, etc". It's pathetic and sad really, as when the mind is enslaved, the body is by default. No doubt our forefathers wouldn't have went through what they did to create an empire worse than the one they rebelled against in their day.

Just look at the ads, they're advertisements to appeal to emotion, as they know you cant' sell Romney's positions anymore than you can sell Obama's, because they're both non-conservative, anti-Constitution.
  • fisherman historian 2012/08/28 03:30:07
    fisherman
    the prime directive here is to get dear leader back here to chicago where he can run for dog catch ....if i thought ron paul or any one else besides mittens can do the job , that person gets my vote ....end of story !
  • thє вluє wαndєrєr 2012/08/27 15:54:30 (edited)
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/08/27 15:40:30
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
  • KeithL 2012/08/27 15:37:12
  • historian KeithL 2012/08/27 22:22:11
    historian
    +2
    As long as the public is made up primarily of liars and debased people who claim they hold a certain set of values and principles, loyalty to the Constitution, and desire for small government while their actions are the absolute opposite, voting in tyranny, expansion of government, infringed and limited inalienable rights, global war dictators, etc. this train will continue until it crashes. We can only try to bring those who remain independent, free, and liberty-loving together to try and unseat this two-headed globalist beast that is in control of our nation.
  • KeithL historian 2012/08/27 22:28:11
  • banzaibuckaroo 2012/08/27 15:23:11
    No, I'm not surprised at all.
    banzaibuckaroo
    +5
    Finally, we have a politician who stands with his principles, and won't sellout. Thank you Ron Paul!

2014/12/22 12:02:43