Ron Paul drops out...who are you going to vote for now?

Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/14 20:40:46
Ron Paul ends his hunt for votes

DEVELOPING:

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said Monday he will not compete in primaries in any of the states that have not yet voted — essentially confirming Mitt Romney will win the Republican presidential nomination.

Mr. Paul
said he will continue to work to win delegates in states that have
already voted and where the process of delegate-selection is playing
out. He said that’s a way to make his voice heard at the Republican
nominating convention in Tampa, Fla., in August.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted,” Mr. Paul said. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

He did encourage his supporters to still turn out and vote.

His decision not to compete for new votes in other states leaves Mr. Romney
as the only candidate still actively fighting for voters’ support in
the 11 states still to vote. That list includes the biggest prizes on
the board — Texas and California.

Mr. Paul
was making his third run for president, after an earlier bid as the
Libertarian Party’s nominee in 1988 and then a campaign for the
Republican nomination in 2008.

He ends his active bid without
having won the vote in any state, though he did end up with the most
bound delegates in Maine, thanks to his delegate-maximizing strategy.

Throughout the campaign Mr. Paul has said his lower vote totals would be countered by his supporters’ enthusiasm, particularly in states that hold caucuses.

In
many of those states, the initial caucuses hold a non-binding straw
poll and the real delegate selection process to the Tampa convention
happens at regional and state meetings. Mr. Paul’s supporters have been more likely to show up at those meetings and win the delegate slots.

Read More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/14/ro...

• BenjaminIsRight 2012/05/28 05:59:39
    BenjaminIsRight
    Seriously, this person who started this poll needs to do his homework. Ron Paul didn't drop out.
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/05/15 00:49:22
    Romney...the American...
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    prepared to hold my nose and vote for Romney....because , unlike paulpukes, I see obama as a TRUE threat to the Republic......the paulpukes are , of course, running true to form..'Ron Paul isn't dropping out...Ron Paul is STILL in the Race"...Ron Paul KNOWS he couldn't carry Texas and so wants to avoid the embarrassment of losing his own state
  • Z 2012/05/14 22:16:06
    Z
    "Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process," Paul said in a statement from his campaign. "We will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support." Paul isn't dropping out, however: "We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future."

He isn't out. Actually read what he said and quit lying.
  • Tinka123 2012/05/14 21:26:03
    Tinka123
    He said he won't campaign there, not that he won't compete. lol Too funny.
  • ManBearPig 2012/05/14 21:12:41
    ManBearPig
    not one word in this article says he drops out of the race... from what i am reading it seems his campaign financing is coming to a standstill so he is using his easiest resources to continue to gain delegates...just because you are not campaigning at a constant level until the convention does not necessarily mean he will not get any votes... his supporters are loyal and know that he is still in fight just weakened at the moment
  • Vitalani 2012/05/14 21:07:48
    obaaaaama....
    Vitalani
    Yupyup.
  • abubincrazy 2012/05/14 20:59:33
    Romney...the American...
    abubincrazy
    +1
    There's only one American in the race.
    He's my guy!
  • Striker 2012/05/14 20:57:02
    Striker
    No, NOT undecided, not at all. The answers available are crappy.

Dr Paul, time to rejoin the Libertarians and Gary Johnson, and bring your many loyal followers to a party they can BELONG to!
  • Z Striker 2012/05/14 22:17:10
    Z
    +1
    If Paul endorses Johnson, I will vote for him. But Paul hasn't quit yet, he isn't done and there is still a good chance we can win this.
  • Striker Z 2012/05/14 22:47:31
    Striker
    This dropping thing is unclear to me as well, we have just a couple of posts here indicating that same interpretation. It's hard to read between those lines.
  • Z Striker 2012/05/14 23:05:43
    Z
    +1

Those are Paul's exact words. He hasn't quit, so why should we?
  • Savior 2012/05/14 20:54:36
    Savior
    Ron Paul hasn't dropped out, he just said he isn't going to be spending his money on the primaries anymore, he still helping supporters become delegates.

Now I can see why he did it, but I think he should have waited until after Texas and California.
  • Ballade... Savior 2012/05/15 00:51:04
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    looks like your messiah is lacking some guts...doesn't want to be embarrassed for losing his own state....of course you rubes will lap it all up
  • Savior Ballade... 2012/05/15 01:16:50
    Savior
    No he's being smart, you hear about the chaos that happened in Oklahoma this weekend. To prevent that from happening it look to Romney supporters that he's done, I don't think it's going to work because Romney supporters don't like us period. We aren't trying to take over the party, we are trying to work with the party so that together we will create a stronger more enthusiastic party.

Like it or not, the future of the Republican Party and the conservative movement has less to do with social conservatism and hawkish foreign policies, but fiscal conservatism promoting freedom of the individual and a strong national defense. The youth are turning their backs on modern day conservatism, but they are slowly turning the backs on the leftists who are so blatantly restraining them.
  • Ballade... Savior 2012/05/15 01:54:02
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    bet the paulpukes started it....considering paulpukes here on sodahead are total pains-in-the-a##...in realtime they are probably worse.....Religious bigotry, coupled with romney being some alien ..coupled with a lack of understanding about facts......in otherwords OK was a warm up to what the paulpukes are going to pull at the convention..provoke a fight and then blame the opposition
  • Savior Ballade... 2012/05/15 04:00:55
    Savior
    Ron Paul supporters and non-fiscal conservatives (that's what i'm calling them now since fiscal conservatism doesn't matter as much as their guns or their bibles) both believe that there is a problem in Washington. Just for Ron Paul supporters their problem doesn't have a last name.
  • Ballade... Savior 2012/05/15 04:16:28
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    sure it does the name is obam\a the paulpukes would rather see the nation go islamofascist ...fanatics believe they are exempt from the consequences of their actions
  • Savior Ballade... 2012/05/15 04:22:25
    Savior
    The name of the Paul supporters problem is big government.
  • Ballade... Savior 2012/05/15 04:32:27
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    ok...when they help obama win this Nov how will that shrink the size of government?
  • Savior Ballade... 2012/05/15 04:48:29
    Savior
    It won't but the way many see it (not me) is the size of the government will grow under both Obama and Romney.
  • Ballade... Savior 2012/05/15 04:51:30
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    we KNOW it WILL grow under Obama...because we have SEEN IT HAPPEN....we don't know what Romney will do as president
  • Savior Ballade... 2012/05/15 05:51:11
    Savior
    exactly that's why I'm voting Romney, also to show fellow Republicans courtesy to help mend the relationship and create a stronger one for the future as the liberty movement grows.
  • Ballade... Savior 2012/05/15 06:19:00
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    and your fellow paulpukes???? go ahead try to answer that... you know whose quote i will post in rebuttal
  • Savior Ballade... 2012/05/15 13:10:57
    Savior
    well your not going to convince them by calling them paulpukes. Think of them like children they will have to see a benefit of their own in voting for Romney and right now they don't see because Romney and Paul have so many issues they are at odds on/
  • Ballade... Savior 2012/05/15 18:33:55
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    sorry the swarming last year and now the recent attempt of the Paukpukes to drive me out of SH with a FALSE charge of multiple accounts did not endear them to me...so trust me come the convention when you boy is defeated I WILL dump as much of the 'manure' back onto paulpukes as they have dumped on me....the BIG difference is that paulpukes have little stomach for their own medicine
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/05/14 20:50:24
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Great, so now I have to choose between a turd sandwich or a douche bag.
  • Ballade... Rusty S... 2012/05/15 00:51:49
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    Rusty who has shown in the last three years to be the biggest danger to the republic?
  • Rusty S... Ballade... 2012/05/15 01:17:11
    Rusty Shackleford
    Hands down it's 0bama, but I believe that Romney will continue to increase the size and power of the federal government as well. The only question that I must resolve is whether or not he will do that with my vote.

I honestly don't know what I am going to do yet.
  • Ballade... Rusty S... 2012/05/15 01:18:28
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    with romney we have a chance...we can put pressure on romney without the playing of the race card or have the threat of our cities going up in flames
  • Rusty S... Ballade... 2012/05/15 01:30:49
    Rusty Shackleford
    Yeah, I know he's better then 0bama, but he's still a turd sandwich. The question is, do I want to take a bite?
  • Ballade... Rusty S... 2012/05/15 01:34:13
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    Rusty...come on it's really no contest....I am going to hold my nose and vote for Romney...i won't be happy...BUT the republic will have a better chance of survival with romney rather than Obama...YOU have more on the ball than I usually do...so if it's obvious to ME...it's glaringly obvious to you...AFTER we save the republic...we use orgs like the TEA party and the 9-12 project and lots of others to purge the neo-cons out of our party
  • Rusty S... Ballade... 2012/05/15 01:36:07
    Rusty Shackleford
    I'm on the fence, but i do have several months to agonize over it.
  • Ballade... Rusty S... 2012/05/15 01:38:24
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    ok my friend
  • Izzy 2012/05/14 20:46:23
    obaaaaama....
    Izzy
    Crap! I was totally going to vote for Ron Paul for sure but now I guess I'll have to go with Obama ya know? Romney's a mormon
  • Z Izzy 2012/05/14 22:17:45
    Z
    What does being a Mormon have to do with it?
  • Izzy Z 2012/05/14 23:05:19
    Izzy
    Everything
  • Z Izzy 2012/05/15 10:14:52
    Z
    Interested in expanding on that?

Also, Paul isn't out.
  • Izzy Z 2012/05/16 00:17:16
    Izzy
    Thank god
  • Izzy Z 2012/05/16 00:17:28
    Izzy
    And Jesus of course

2014/07/25 09:08:26