Ron Paul and Israel

jimrthy BN-0 2012/01/31 00:30:22
It's worth reading the full article. And sharing: this is pure gold, from a source I'd have never expected.

Excerpts:

...
Members of this large and very important electoral block [social conservatives] appreciate Paul’s fiscal sanity, his dedication to Austrian economics, and his determination to cut $1 trillion in his first year in office. They embrace his pro-life position and concern for homeschooling rights. Some of them are beginning to understand his opposition to an unaccountable central bank and call to end the Federal Reserve. He also receives accolades because he respects the U.S. Constitution so stalwartly. But they just can’t get over his approach to foreign policy, which they see as dangerous and anti-Israel. The question we need to be asking is whether this disconnect is really a result of Dr. Paul’s policies or only of how these voters perceive them.
...
“Stop and consider America’s policy,” the congressman said, “We give $3 billion a year to Israel in loans; and we give $12 billion or more in assistance to Israel’s self-declared enemies. Some of these are countries that say they will drive Israel into the sea.”
...
“In October, 1981, most of the world and most of the Congress voiced outrage over Israel’s attack on Iraq and their nuclear development. I was one of the few who defended her right to make her own decisions on foreign policy and to act in her own self-interest.”
Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic recently wrote that Ron Paul’s position is actually the closest to a Zionist of all the Republican candidates, because, “a true Zionist is a believer in two core values of the Jewish liberation movement: Jewish independence and Jewish self-reliance.”
It would seem that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also feels strongly about the importance of Israel’s independence and self-reliance – values that Paul insists are crucial to the Jewish nation. Said Netanyahu in his 2011 address to the U.S. congress,
“My friends, you don't have to—you don't need to do nation-building in Israel. We're already built. You don't need to export democracy to Israel. We've already got it. And you don't need to send American troops to Israel. We defend ourselves."
....
With his concern for her long-term interests and condemnation of the substantial U.S. funding extended to her enemies, could it be that Dr. No really has the best stance on Israel, one that will provide her with the strongest national defense and the most wholesome relationship with America?

Read More: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhoo...

• David Hussey 2012/01/31 01:07:13
    David Hussey
    +6
    His position is not anti-Israel, it is just not pro-Israel... exactly the foreign policy advocated by the majority of America's founders

• ronnie 2012/03/02 14:50:30
    ronnie
    +1
    The only danger in his foreign policy is non-interventionism. Refusing to blindly support Israel no matter what is what I call sanity, these jews, we owe them nothing, and nothing would make me happier than to see those Zionist sons of ******* out of the country NOW.
  • FalconFlight 2012/02/06 00:51:38
    FalconFlight
    Cutting 1 Trillion from the budget wouldn't even get up back to the last GW signed budget.
  • jimrthy... FalconF... 2012/02/07 03:34:46
    jimrthy BN-0
    This is true. But it's a much better start than anyone else is proposing.

Nobody's perfect.
  • holly go lightly 2012/01/31 02:26:33
    holly go lightly
    +1
    Good post Jimrthy.
  • jimrthy... holly g... 2012/02/03 03:31:00
    jimrthy BN-0
    +1
    Thanks. Holy crap...I've *never* written a poll that got this kind of response.
  • holly g... jimrthy... 2012/02/03 03:49:37
    holly go lightly
    It's a good one .Worth staying for a while. :)
  • Someone Else 2012/01/31 02:14:37
    Someone Else
    +2
    I say let Israel do whatever it want's and let them do it alone. How about some of these foreign country's pay us for a "real change".
    +1
    Read the entire article - Paul will not end foreign aid without the consent of Congress - doesn't matter what the hell he says. President does not have that power. He spews empty rhetoric and, while he claims to support the Constitution, he apparently has not read it.
  • Someone... Jackie ... 2012/01/31 02:10:49
    Someone Else
    +1
    Just curious but what does our Constitution have to do with foreign aid?
  • Jackie ... Someone... 2012/01/31 02:11:41
    +1
    I was speaking of the powers of the president
  • Someone... Jackie ... 2012/01/31 02:15:17
    Someone Else
    +1
    True that
  • Rick4Ro... Someone... 2012/01/31 03:38:19 (edited)
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +2
    Clearly a false statement, by any measure other than her own.
  • Rick4Ro... Jackie ... 2012/01/31 03:36:23
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +3
    Sure! 12 term congressman, defender of the constitution, and he doesn't understand the powers of the president? If you want to be credible in these discussion, try not to sound foolish? That statement clearly was!
  • Jackie ... Rick4Ro... 2012/01/31 03:55:37 (edited)
    +1
    If he thinks he can end foreign aid all by himself - it is he that needs to take a peek at the document. Like it or don't - he cannot do it by himself. 30-35 years slurping at the public trough does not make him anything more than a professional politician
  • Rick4Ro... Jackie ... 2012/01/31 04:47:24
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +3
    Ron Paul does not wish to be King, like all the other candidates. He does not advocate the use of Executive orders, over congressional approval. He doesn't want to do anything by himself. His message is one of following rules, and not one of being the ruler. A republic is one that answers only to the rules established. A democracy is where two lions and a sheep, vote on whats for dinner. We are paying the price for too much democratic rule, over constitutional rule.

Ron Paul knows that his election would be a clear mandate for an end to politics as usual. He knows how congress works, far better than any other candidate. He knows that the same support that placed him in the White House, would hold the feet of the members of the other house to the fire! Nothing would happen immediately... but at least it would begin! The biggest threat to America, is the national debt! Far more than the "Jihadist under the bed" which the profiteers use as propaganda to keep us on a war footing, and distract us on how to pay for it!

It's not about the man, it's about the principled positions he has been warning us of for decades, and he has been prophetic in his predictions. He has already won, on many counts, merely by changing the narrative, throughout the election, and among politicians. Four y...

It's not about the man, it's about the principled positions he has been warning us of for decades, and he has been prophetic in his predictions. He has already won, on many counts, merely by changing the narrative, throughout the election, and among politicians. Four years of Ron Paul, would bring the draconian measure to right the ship, and change course.

I have six adult children who can speak better than I, about Ron Paul, and are active in the campaign. As they remind me, it is their future that my generation effed up for them.

If elected to the presidency... he has already stated that he will accept only a salary of $37,500 a year... the average income in America. As a 12 term congressman, he is eligible for full retirement, at over $100,000.00 a year. He has turned it down. He doesn't take advantage of the Cadillac healthcare available to congress. He is allowed $150,000 a year for office budget, and returns over a hundred thousand of it each year. He has never voted to raise taxes, or for an unconstitutional measure or legislation.

Public trough, is a misnomer for Dr, Paul. He is an ObGyn who has delivered over 4000 babies. Many without accepting any Medicare or welfare, and accepting only what they could manage. Married over 50 years... He's old school, and we could use some character and integrity, in Washington, for a change.

He walks the Talk! No one else comes close! If you have someone who does... you should be proudly adding your support in these discussions. So should all those who disparage him... nothing but thew sound of crickets?
  • Jackie ... Rick4Ro... 2012/01/31 09:08:34
    +2
    I appreciate your zealous support of Dr. Paul. He is not the candidate for me. If he were to win the nomination, I would support him but will not vote for him in the primaries.
    Have a good day
  • Rick4Ro... Jackie ... 2012/02/01 06:58:02
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +2
    Perhaps, you will find a little zealousness for your mystery candidate?

See you in the trenches!
  • holly g... Rick4Ro... 2012/02/03 03:56:37
    holly go lightly
    It will remain a mystery even to her until the very last minute.I have never seen a group with less conviction for their beliefs.
  • jimrthy... Jackie ... 2012/02/03 03:35:49
    jimrthy BN-0
    +1
    This is fair.

But I do have to ask who you think might be better?

We have a primary coming up, and you might change my mind.

Which alternative do you prefer? Why?
  • Glenda ... Rick4Ro... 2012/02/01 19:59:17
    Glenda Lough
    Illegal aliens will finish us before the debt finishes us. Anyone else notice an increase in Spanish appearing on more and more things.
  • jimrthy... Glenda ... 2012/02/03 03:36:43
    jimrthy BN-0
    +2
    Have you noticed any candidate besides Dr Paul making a stand for national defense?
  • Glenda ... jimrthy... 2012/05/10 19:29:55
    Glenda Lough
    No, But it would take a willing Congress to fund it. Time may run out before te election.
  • holly g... Jackie ... 2012/01/31 02:18:05 (edited)
    holly go lightly
    +2
    Neither the presidency nor congress or what it would take to make the change were mentioned in this article.What is your point?
  • Jackie ... holly g... 2012/01/31 02:20:46
    +1
    Paul is quoted in the article - his point, my counter point
  • holly g... Jackie ... 2012/01/31 02:27:59
    holly go lightly
    +1
    My point is you don't make a point Jackie.
  • Jackie ... holly g... 2012/01/31 02:39:55
  • jimrthy... Jackie ... 2012/02/03 03:32:55
    jimrthy BN-0
    +1
    The Prez has a *lot* of power influencing which bills Congress considers.

He's spent a lot more time reading (and writing about) the Constitution than any other current candidate.
  • Jackie ... jimrthy... 2012/02/03 03:34:57
    +1
    Good, me too. But I can assure you I am not presidential timber either
  • Glenda ... jimrthy... 2012/05/10 19:31:05
    Glenda Lough
    I question the president's constitutional knowledge. If he has any it is just on how to get around it.
  • jimrthy... Glenda ... 2012/06/08 14:01:07
    jimrthy BN-0
    +1
    Oops, I didn't mean to imply that.

When I wrote "He's" I actually meant Dr. Paul.
  • Glenda ... jimrthy... 2012/10/01 20:58:08
    Glenda Lough
    No problem.
  • dan198309 2012/01/31 01:47:38
    dan198309
    +2
    Huh I may be more of a Paul fan then I thought the only reason I wanted Santorum over Paul was FP.
  • jacob crim dan198309 2012/01/31 01:48:46
    jacob crim
    +2
    Santorum's FP: "Bomb Iran if they might have a nuke"
  • dan198309 jacob crim 2012/01/31 01:56:26
    dan198309
    Wars keep me employed and busy so I don't care about that.
  • Rick4Ro... dan198309 2012/01/31 03:47:34
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +1
    While your bias is certainly understandable... how do the American taxpayers continue such folly? We are the largest debtor nation in the world... 16 trillion dollars and growing, thanks to the latest debt ceiling raise. We are broke! And like all Empires before... Roman, British, Soviet... we are failing, as well... and for the same reason... we are broke! One more war on the credit card... should send us in to a full on depression. Voters aren't doing the math. And, consequently, will suffer for maintaining the status quo!
  • dan198309 Rick4Ro... 2012/01/31 05:46:36
    dan198309
    +1
    I used to think the Nat'l debt was a huge deal as well, then I did some research. Turns out as long as our GDP grows every year (which it continues too) we are fine. It is when the GDP stops growing and we have a Nat'l debt when the problem occurs. While I am all about a strict budget and not burning money for the sake of burning money, the debt is my least of concerns headed into the elections. Remember our dollar is only backed by our dollar. However 23 nations back their money with it, 14 countries/ territories use it, and 15 others are "unofficial" users. Where as say the Euro is BACKED by 23 countries. Our dollar and debt is just fine, in fact if we paid to much of our debt back too fast, we would cripple/ crush the rest of the worlds economies. I am against crazy spending that gets us nowhere IE crushing capitalism with bailouts. But to say we are headed to collapse to me is just ridiculous. But at the same time all I have completed in Micro-Economics lol
  • Rick4Ro... dan198309 2012/02/01 07:35:09
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +2
    The bad news is, with the recent raise of the debt ceiling, by congress, our national debt, did in fact, pass our GDP. We are now in the same situation as Greece, and the rest of the PIIGS.

The difference with America, we have a centralized bank, which manipulates everything and prints Fiat money at will. The more UN-backed dollars in circulation, the lower the value of the dollar. It's called the inflation tax, as our dollars purchase less and less.

Thanks to Ron Paul, a short audit of the Federal Reserve revealed they have provided 16 trillion dollars--equal to the national debt--to bail out the financial institutions. With nearly half of that going to the European Centrals. So, the reality of our debt, like most items the government reports, is much higher. Add to that the unfunded entitlements of Social Security and Medicare, and you have an obligation estimated between 50 to 80 trillion dollars.

I hope your instructors are not teaching Keynesian economic theories? You may look in to the Austrian economic teachings of the Mises-Hayek Theory of the Business Cycle. It is the foundation of Ron Paul's prophetic forecast of our mortgage bubble, and a few others, with the college loan bubble set to burst.

Clearly, if we continue to increase the money supply, through borrowing and ...

Clearly, if we continue to increase the money supply, through borrowing and what is essentially counterfeiting... we will find ourselves in a great depression, which will force all markets to reset, as they did before.

China loans us about a trillion a year, through Treasury Notes. American consumption of Chinese goods, equal around a Trillion dollars a year. Interesting dynamic. Should China make a strategic play to make the Yuan the reserve currency of the world, they could aid their decision by cashing them in, or trading them on the world market.

Oil prices are pegged to the USDollar. This Petro-dollar, is the only thing providing us some relative stability. One of the reasons we invaded and occupied Iraq, was for Hussein's threat to start trading their oil supply and setting it's price in Euros.

Already, China and India, are using Gold for many of their transactions, fearing the volatility of the Dollar. We have exposed ourselves to potential strategic risk. The BRIC countries... Brazil, Russia, India, and China, are the fastest growing economic forces in our globe. In the next ten years, India is expected to pass China in population growth.

If China should start focusing their manufacturing to supply their own people, they would have to raise prices and consequently salaries and opportunities at home. Right now, they can feed our demands, and suppress their own incomes... though, it's starting to change on it own, as their labor force comes out of their industrial age to a taste of service industries for home consumption.

Good luck with your studies, and know that the curriculum could be a rather liberal one, as it is here. Find some balance.
  • jimrthy... dan198309 2012/02/03 03:45:18
    jimrthy BN-0
    Take a look at what happens to empires that create a "reserve currency" when the rest of the world decides to switch.
  • jimrthy... dan198309 2012/02/03 03:41:51
    jimrthy BN-0
    +1
    I don't think I've never encountered one single soldier who'd actually been close to a war zone who actually felt that way.

I think that the fact that Dr. Paul gets so much money and support from active military says a lot.
  • Jane Constant 2012/01/31 01:38:55
    Jane Constant
    +5
    He is the best hope.

2014/08/27 23:50:32