"Romney's Religion: The Mormon Corporate Empire" (LDS Church Owns 928,000 Acres In North America, Largest Ranch Land Owner In Wyoming, 2nd Largest Land Owner In Nebraska, Has Largest Cattle Ranch In 48 States, Largest Foreign Landowner In UK)

strawberry 2012/08/11 02:25:42
MITT ROMNEY AND THE MORMON CHURCH WOULD OWN AMERICA.!
HOW MORMON CHURCH OPERATES IS HOW ROMNEY OPERATES.
I DON'T TRUST MITT ROMNEY.!
OTHER OPINION ?
"Recently, it was revealed that the vast majority of Mitt Romney's charitable donations have gone to the LDS Church. According to Business Insider, in 2010, Romney took $3 million in charitable deductions on his tax return, 95% of which went to the LDS Church in one form or another.

According to Businessweek, Romney and others at Bain Capital gave the Mormon Church millions in stock holdings obtained through Bain deals.
Between 1997 and 2009, these included $2 million in Burger King and $1 million in Domino's Pizza. Under U.S. law, churches can legally turn around and sell donated stock without paying capital gains taxes, a clear advantage for both donor and receiver.

Romney and his religion seem well-suited. In June 2011 cover story, Newsweek magazine stated that the LDS Church "resembles a sanctified multinational corporation-the General Electric of American religion, with global ambitions and an estimated net worth of $30 billion." The PBS special, 'The Mormons' estimated the LDS Church's worth at over $80 billion. Other estimates have placed it in excess of $100 Billion, as it is the wealthiest per capita religion in the world with annual, mostly tax-free revenues estimated to be $6 billion per year (per Time Magazine in 1997)."

"How does the LDS Church make its money"?

"Like most religions, the LDS Church receives donations from its members. Mormons are required to pay 10% of their income to the LDS Church in order to remain in good standing. In fact each Mormon must account for their tithing payments in an annual "tithing settlement," and any shortfall must be paid in order to continue to receive the benefit of full fellowship (including being able to attend weddings of their own children in Mormon temples).

The Mormon church is not above fleecing its poorest members. Recently, a prominent Mormon leader in a speech delivered worldwide to the church memberships titled "Tithing -- a Commandment Even for the Destitute," stated:

Quote: One of the first things a bishop must do to help the needy is ask them to pay their tithing. Like the widow if a destitute family is faced with the decision of paying their tithing or eating they should pay their tithing.

The Mormon Church also makes a great deal of money on for-profit enterprises originally funded by tithing donations. As noted by Businessweek, first among its for-profit enterprises is - Deseret Management Corporation (DMC), which reaps estimated revenues of $1.2 billion from its subsidiaries. Those subsidiaries run a newspaper, 11 radio stations, a TV station, a publishing and distribution company, a digital media company, a hospitality business, and an insurance business with assets worth $3.3 billion. DMC has been 2,000 and 3,000 employees. "

&... "What does the LDS Church do with its money"?

"I previously discussed in "What would Jesus do with $5 billion" the construction by the LDS Church of a shopping mall and residential complex in Salt Lake City. For a while, this was one of the largest construction projects in America.

In addition to its mall-building ambitions, the LDS Church owns some 928,000 acres in North America, is the largest ranch land owner in Wyoming, is the 2nd largest land owner in Nebraska, has the largest cattle ranch in 48 states (adjacent to Disneyworld in Florida), and is the largest foreign landowner in the UK.

"As I noted in "How atheists (and everyone else) subsidize religion in the United States," the LDS Church donated a relatively insignificant $1 billion to charitable causes in the 23 year time span between 1985 and 2008, which account for 0.7% of the church's income. By contrast, the American Red Cross spends 92.1 percent of its revenue directly addressing the physical needs of those it intends to help; only 7.9 percent is spent on "operating expenses." I suppose Mormon church might believe that spreading its racist, homophobic, and sexist message is a form of "charity," but i beg to differ."

"In what possible world does it make sense for an organization with assets on par with a large Fortune 500 company which gives less than 1% of its "earnings" to charity, to be given all of the tax breaks discussed in my article? It truly is unconscionable."

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/thread-Romney-s-Relig... Romney s Religion   The Mormon Corporate Empire

• luvguins 2012/08/11 03:26:40
    I DON'T TRUST MITT ROMNEY.!
    luvguins
    +4
    Mormon Mitt and his church are corporate conglomerates. Wouldn't he love to extend that into a Mormon theocracy of more LDS ownership with the help of the Fascist GOP.
    Turn him and his dangerous cult down in November. He and the LDS have bended every rule possible with pure greed.

• golem48 2012/10/28 00:06:34
    OTHER OPINION ?
    golem48
    I'd trust an LDS candidate more than a crypto Muslim..
  • Lynn DC 2012/08/23 12:47:03
    OTHER OPINION ?
    Lynn DC
    Since the EPA is going crazy with their land grab just to turn it over to the UN I don't care who owns the land as long as it is an American!
  • mich52 2012/08/11 06:21:20
  • strawberry mich52 2012/08/12 01:09:13
    strawberry
    Churches are tax exempt. All donations, tithing , given to the Mormon Church, given to LDS are all tax exempt. LDS takes 10% of Mormon's income. LDS can invest this money any way they want to. This applies to all churches, all formal religions. "Under U.S. law, churches can legally turn around and sell donated stock without paying capital gains taxes, a clear advantage for both donor and receiver." Majority of religious organizations don't account for where donations from their congregations go. I do not agree with this at all. Most religious donations don't even go to proper charities. I belonged to several Apostolic and Evangelist Churches. They not only take donations but keep tract of members tithing. I left these churches including the Catholic Church. I knew churches were govt. tax exempt, but had no idea they could do what the LDS has done. I never knew much about Mormon Religion. Now I see how dangerous they really are. Romney's only a pawn for the LDS, It would be an economical disaster for Romney to win. Romney is under Mormon's thumb.
  • strawberry mich52 2012/08/12 01:15:21
    strawberry
    Quote: "One of the first things a bishop must do to help the needy is ask them to pay their tithing. Like the widow, if a destitute family is faced with the decision of paying their tithing or eating, they should pay their tithing."
  • Dan der Mensch 2012/08/11 05:10:38
    OTHER OPINION ?
    Dan der Mensch
    And STILL better than Barry.
  • Jerry 2012/08/11 05:02:55
    OTHER OPINION ?
    Jerry
    +1
    ............Now, I am troubled, His Mormon connection and the outlandish sums of money He has given the LDS Church, tells me that He would be a poor choice for President of the United States........If He believes in saving America, then He should distance His close affiliation with the Mormons, The Summer Olympics, including His entry in the Equestrian event, this man reeks wealth, and doesn't have a clue about senior citizens deciding on cat and dog food, to eat, and more expensive prescription medication.......I hate the Obama administration, but I'm not thrilled what Romney thinks is right for Our Country........
  • strawberry Jerry 2012/08/13 04:17:42
    strawberry
    I did not know much about the Mormon Faith. After doing some research all this shocks me. I cannot understand how any American can defend Romney or want this greed monger for U.S. President. If you read above article, LDS is all about money and their own tax free investments. I have witnessed how an Evangelist and Apostolic church operate for two years. I left, would never go back. They rip the poor off in their congregation saying the money belongs to God. Mitt Romney's way of thinking was instilled in him by the LDS. Romney would use these same policies as U.S. President.
  • Jerry strawberry 2012/08/13 06:09:37
    Jerry
    +1
    ..............That's why I am I am not going to vote for either one, I'm writing a third party candidate, as a protest vote against Obama and Romney, see the truth comes out eventually, sure wish We can expose Obama on His phony birth certificate.......Both these clowns are no good, and I suspected financial corruption with the Mormon Church, before the story broke on the news, I'm also aware that Sarah Palin advises registered voters not to write in a third party candidate, because it would end up being a vote for Obama..........so stawberry, what should We do?............
  • mach 2012/08/11 03:37:24
    I DON'T TRUST MITT ROMNEY.!
    mach
    +2
    Most cons are outspoken about their belief that the nations politics are coming out of Chicago. Well wait until we see the alternative if the shyster wins, Salt Lake will make sharia law look mild.
  • strawberry mach 2012/08/13 05:09:00
    strawberry
    +1
    You can bet on that mach.!
  • luvguins 2012/08/11 03:26:40
    I DON'T TRUST MITT ROMNEY.!
    luvguins
    +4
  • strawberry luvguins 2012/08/13 04:21:51
    strawberry
    +1
    The U.S. would have the LDS running the Country using Mitt Romney. All donations, 10% tithing, stocks, investments this church makes off the congregation is appalling. They buy up land and wealth for themselves. I attended an Apostolic Church for two years, and learned how they operate.
  • luvguins strawberry 2012/08/13 04:24:45
    luvguins
    +1
    Exactly. That cult is full of greed and not truly Christian.
  • strawberry luvguins 2012/08/13 08:31:46
    strawberry
    +1
    Not at all.
  • strawberry 2012/08/11 02:45:38
    strawberry
    +2
    You cannot separate the two. Mitt Romney was raised a Mormon, brainwashed a Mormon, follows Mormon rules. If Romney can give millions in stock through Bain Capital to the Mormon Church; donate $2 million from Burger King assets, $1 million from Domino's Pizza; Mitt Romney would sell out the United States to the highest bidder, with The Mormon Church pulling the strings. Romney belongs to the Mormon Corporate Empire. (Read all info below)
  • mich52 strawberry 2012/08/11 06:24:01
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/08/11 02:43:57
    OTHER OPINION ?
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    hmmmm with a only a change of name of the candidate and religion one can easily see the same brainless paranoia that accompanied THIS candidate...

JFK
  • strawberry Ballade... 2012/08/11 02:47:26 (edited)
    strawberry
    +1
    Don't comment unless you read all information above. I don't believe in any formal religions, they are all greed.! The Mormon Church is even more dangerous.
  • Ballade... strawberry 2012/08/11 02:49:36
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    I have heard it all....heard it back then...'this candidate will be owned by the pope'....'catholics own more businesses in the USA than the rest".....same argument. as for the MAN Romney himself....a far better choice that the alleged POTUS we have now
  • strawberry Ballade... 2012/08/13 04:35:28
    strawberry
    "LDS Church's worth at over $80 billion. Other estimates have placed it in excess of $100 Billion, as the wealthiest per capita religion in the world with annual mostly tax-free revenues estimated to be $6 billion per year (per Time Magazine in 1997)." They take this money from their congregations. 10 percent tithing of their income.
  • Ballade... strawberry 2012/08/13 04:37:29
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    "The Presidentcy will be run by the papacy"...beloved friend listen to what you are saying....you are drifting into 'Lyndon LaRouche/AM Coast To Coast neverland'
  • strawberry Ballade... 2012/08/11 03:11:53
    strawberry
    +2
    John Kennedy never shoved his Catholic religion in any Americans face. Study more about the Mormon Church. I'm very against Vatican greed, but the LDS wants a complete take over, using Romney as their pawn.
  • Ballade... strawberry 2012/08/11 03:50:08
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    riiiiggghhht....thank goodness we have Alex Jones and AM Coast to Coast to warn us...the intelligencia has been wrong before....in 1980 they called Reagan an 'amiable dunce'... oh and guess who the intellgencia called 'the original gorilla'....so you think OBAMA is the better choice?..the muslim brotherhood is not as bad as your fears about the LDS
  • DizziNY Ballade... 2012/08/11 10:12:22
    DizziNY
    I have someone BIGGER and BETTER to inform me.....GOD. Mitt is a jerk and so is oDUMBo. They are BOTH sell outs and neither one is better than the other. Get real please.
  • Ballade... DizziNY 2012/08/11 17:06:12
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    so who is GOD's choice come November...don't tell me..Let me guess ..Ron paul
  • strawberry Ballade... 2012/08/13 04:39:14
    strawberry
    The right choice is up to American people. Why do you think Romney was not nominated in 2008; he was not trusted.
  • Ballade... strawberry 2012/08/13 04:40:48
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    tell me THE Choice then...we have romney we have Obama there is no third choice
  • strawberry Ballade... 2012/08/13 04:36:37
    strawberry
    Facts about the LDS are not wrong. Mitt Romney has given billions to them. I attended an Apostolic Church for two years, saw how they operate. They take food from mouths of their congregations. Do you give 10% of your earnings to any church.? LDS uses this money not for charity, that is not their motto. They invest in land, all types of private ventures.
  • Ballade... strawberry 2012/08/13 04:39:07
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    so did the Cistercians and they got us out of the Dark Ages....so you are saying that ROMNEY is worse than OBAMA? please is THAT what you are saying YES or No
  • Tarheel Ballade... 2012/08/11 05:52:39
    Tarheel
    +1
    Yeah, it was a big deal at the time that a Catholic became President. But I would not compare Catholics to Mormons at all.
  • mich52 Tarheel 2012/08/11 06:25:36
  • Tarheel mich52 2012/08/11 06:27:28
    Tarheel
    +1
    Yeah, I knew that he was Irish and that was a first as well.
  • mich52 Tarheel 2012/08/11 07:00:21
  • Ballade... Tarheel 2012/08/13 04:40:04
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    religious hate and bigotry is religious hate and bigotry whether it's against Jew, Catholic, Mormon
  • Tarheel Ballade... 2012/08/13 20:23:37
    Tarheel
    +1
    I don't have to agree with their doctrines.
  • Ballade... Tarheel 2012/08/13 22:22:10
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    just help evil like obama get re-elected
  • Tarheel Ballade... 2012/08/14 03:30:34
    Tarheel
    +1
    He's not evil. Again, it's your opinion. If the Mormons don't bother you, well, I don't know what to say.
  • Ballade... Tarheel 2012/08/14 03:43:25
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    if you think obama is NOT evil...then YOU are the one with a serious problem...you are JAKAD...and on an intellectual level on par with these people...

jonestown
  • strawberry Ballade... 2012/08/15 09:09:37
    strawberry
    What did Obama have to do with Jim Jones People's Temple.? That is pure idiocy. Yes religious leaders are corrupt. Mitt Romney's affiliation with LDS, Mormon Temple, recent arrests in AZ. and Co. Sex with multiple very young girls. This is the religion Romney was brought up in. This is where he gives his billions so they build their own rich empires. LDS and Warren Jeffers http://img2.imagesbn.com/imag... http://www.theblaze.com/wp-co... Mitt Romney and Warren Jeffs

2014/10/25 17:01:45