Romney's Bain Secret Exposed

LindaM 2012/07/13 06:00:14
Fact
Fiction
I received this email from the Truth Team today. Time will tell if this is accurate

The more everyone finds out about Mitt Romney's finances, the more questions
they have. Perhaps that's why he's hiding as much as he thinks he can get away
with.

Today, The Boston Globe reported that Romney was still
running Bain Capital two years after he claims he left the firm, directly
contradicting his campaign's denial that he was involved in deals that led to
layoffs, bankruptcies, and American jobs getting shipped
overseas.

It's a pattern of secrecy, and this is just the latest
example of him trying to hide the truth from voters. There are a number of
issues in play right now -- and voters deserve answers:

1) Mitt
Romney refuses to release multiple years of taxes, ignoring decades of
precedent.

2) He won't disclose his "bundlers," the people raising
millions for his campaign.

3) He is the sole owner of a questionable
shell corporation in Bermuda.

4) Until recently, Romney kept cash in a
Swiss bank account.

5) According to the Globe, he hasn't been honest
about when he was running Bain Capital, even though legal documents refute his
claims.

Please forward this email and share this with everyone
you know who cares about the outcome of this election.

Everyone
deserves the right to judge for themselves whether Romney's motivations,
experience, and perspective are what they want in a president. But Mitt Romney
doesn't want people to have the information they need to make those
judgments.

• L K 2012/07/13 11:32:46
    Fact
    L K
    +4
    The Boston Globe isn't going to report it without at least three reliable sources of factual information to back it up. Obviously the people of his state of Massachusetts don't trust him or the Boston Globe would have kept their boy's secret hidden. It says something if his own state is ready to sell him out. I don't trust rich businessmen who are shady.

• John Hall 2012/08/18 21:01:28
    John Hall
    It's a shame they didn't do this much digging into Obama's life . But I guess when your a democrat running for office and you got the democratic news source on your side they say anything to get you in .
  • Nameless 2012/07/14 18:12:31
    Fiction
    Nameless
    I am as lib as they come and would love nothing more than to catch Romney in such a scandal. However, this is far too much ado about nothing. He resigned from Bain. It took a bit of time to get the paperwork done and have his duties reassigned. In the meantime, his name was still on some documentation. No biggie. Look, if we are to have anyone take us seriously, then we can't complain when such stupid things are brought forth. The Obama team would be best served to just state that they were incorrect and apologize for jumping on what appears to be a nonissue. If I were President Obama, I'd fire all those involved in making this an issue before fully vetting it.
  • Sinpac 2012/07/14 18:09:31
    Fact
    Sinpac
    Mitt it looks like you tit is in a wringer
    tit in a wringer
  • Lulu's Mom 2012/07/14 18:05:25
    Fact
    Lulu's Mom
    +1
    We know that he is nothing but a .....
  • Edwin 2012/07/14 01:54:41
    Edwin
    +1
    I think that Romney was CEO in name only from early 1999 on, and I think the democrats are playing fast and loose with the truth. I also think the republicans are very upset that the dems are finally playing as nasty as the GOP has for years.

And I don't think it matters whether it is true or not. The attacks connect Romney with Bain in the minds of American voters -- a reasonable connection, since he is one of the co-founders.

Bain is not an evil company, but it is an investment firm. It gets its money not by producing goods, but by buying and selling companies -- and parts of companies. It has out-sourced jobs. And it has gotten rich off the losses of others. These are generally ethical -- sometimes even wise from a business standpoint -- but they do not play well to the American public.

The more Romney is connected to Bain, the worse off he is. Republicans can point to the fact that Bain made hard decisions and was ultimately successful. But in the end, they didn't produce anything except money -- and that hurts Romney's connection with the "average American."

There is also the Bain connection to Stericycle which might have some mileage, but it probably has limited value as an attack... other than the fact that it demonstrates that Bain is not really a "family v...

There is also the Bain connection to Stericycle which might have some mileage, but it probably has limited value as an attack... other than the fact that it demonstrates that Bain is not really a "family values" sort of company. But again, that's minor. The real value of these attacks is that they paint Romney as a rich investor who cares more about money than about people -- whether that is even true is irrelevant.

It's dirty politics, and it's one of the reasons incumbents have the advantage: the incumbent is already defined by their time in office, while their rival can be at least partly defined by attack ads (like these).
  • dominic garcia 2012/07/13 16:39:50
    dominic garcia
    You've got to be careful with THE BOSTON GLOBE, they print lies! http://www.trooth.info/trooml...
  • dominic... dominic... 2012/07/14 16:20:54
    dominic garcia
    I get angry when people spread lies about me. Guess what Romney is angry with Obama for spreading lies about him. http://www.jeffhead.com/obama...
  • LindaM dominic... 2012/07/14 16:38:09
    LindaM
    +1
    They aren't lies and it's been proven. You believe what you want..
  • dominic... LindaM 2012/07/14 17:31:47
    dominic garcia
    Even President Bill Clinton was praising Romney on his accomplishment with Bain. I doubt president Clinton would be supporting Romney if he smelled corruption. http://www.democraticundergro...
  • LindaM dominic... 2012/07/14 17:38:50
  • Don 2012/07/13 11:33:39
    Fiction
    Don
    +1
    Truth Team?
    Maybe they should try telling the truth. Just because some lefty from the Boston Pravda makes a lying claim, it doesn't make it true.
    Romney was running the Olympics at the time - not running Bain.
  • LindaM Don 2012/07/13 13:34:28
    LindaM
    +1
    Bain had reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission that Romney was still at Bain in 2001. Now there are 3 site, so far, that have reported it.
  • Don LindaM 2012/07/13 17:11:54
    Don
    http://hotair.com/archives/20...
    http://hotair.com/archives/20...
    Here you go - now go take a pill and lay down for a while.
    You have to watch out when liberal blogs all start jumping up and down in the same echo chamber.
  • Lulu's Mom LindaM 2012/07/14 18:08:59
    Lulu's Mom
    I don't know why you bother to explain this, because some of these people just don't care. What you have posted is the truth, but others just won't accept it
  • LindaM Lulu's Mom 2012/07/14 18:20:02
    LindaM
    +1
    Thanks Lulu's Mom. I am rather tired of these kind but I figured as much before I put it up there. Goes with the program, right? lol. Some do get nasty.. but that's par also. I've done that in defending Obama so I can see where they are coming from.. I just know Obama is the better man, period...
  • Lulu's Mom LindaM 2012/07/14 18:32:30
    Lulu's Mom
    I love how smart you are, and always appreciate the comments you make.
  • LindaM Lulu's Mom 2012/07/14 18:39:57
    LindaM
    +1
    Thanks Lulu's Mom, I appreciate that. I don't think I'm smart but I think I am logical and I try to be fair. Don't always make it but at least it's tried.. I have a stubborn streak but I guess that goes with the winning side, right? lol. Hang in there Lulu's Mom. We're getting there.
  • L K 2012/07/13 11:32:46
    Fact
    L K
    +4
  • Z 2012/07/13 07:48:35 (edited)
  • LindaM Z 2012/07/13 08:24:07
    LindaM
    +1
    The documents, filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, place Romney in charge of Bain from 1999 to 2001, a period in which the company outsourced jobs and ran companies that fell into bankruptcy.
    http://www.realclearpolitics....
  • Z LindaM 2012/07/13 08:48:24 (edited)
    Z
    I have clearly refuted that argument. Please reread it.

(Ibn4para) You're just some conservative who refuses to see reality.
  • LindaM Z 2012/07/13 09:00:34
    LindaM
    +1
    Then why did Bain file with the Securities and Excange commission 2001? Are you calling Bain a liar?
  • Z LindaM 2012/07/14 04:27:58 (edited)
    Z
    No, I am calling you ignorant of business functioning, and as I pointed out below, he can still be an executive, even the sole shareholder, and have absolutely no control over their actions and have taken a leave of absence. Which is what happened. He doesn't instantly stop owning something just because he doesn't manage it anymore. But it means he had no responsibility for or control over the outsourcing.
  • LindaM Z 2012/07/14 05:14:39 (edited)
    LindaM
    +1
    Some Securities and Exchange Commission documents have surfaced suggesting Romney played an active role in the Boston-based company through 2002. The filings with the SEC place Romney in charge of Bain Capital from 1999 to 2001, the period in which it outsourced jobs and ran companies that fell into bankruptcy.
    To quote Obama, "Now, my understanding is that Mr. Romney attested to the SEC multiple times that he was the chairman, CEO and president of Bain Capital. And I think most Americans figure if you're the chairman, CEO and president of a company that you are responsible for what the company does," Obama said in an interview with WJLA-TV in Virginia as he campaigned across the battleground state.
  • Z LindaM 2012/07/14 05:23:59 (edited)
    Z
    Obama shows again how stupid he thinks the average pony is. I'm done with this conversation. I have answered this three times now, and you keep repeating it. You clearly aren't stupid, so your either delusional or a troll.
  • LindaM Z 2012/07/14 05:25:57
    LindaM
    thanks for your input. You obviously can't handle the truth and will bail. The truth is staring you in the face. Facts are facts.. Your man is a loser.
  • Z LindaM 2012/07/14 05:28:55
    Z
    Hahaha dumbass. He isn't my stallion. I'm no Republican, and I shan't be voting for him. Also, I have clearly refuted your ignorance. But I was wrong about one thing. You are that stupid.
  • LindaM LindaM 2012/07/14 05:46:43
    LindaM
    Being as someone below blocked me, he can't take facts and hates to lose. I justs have to laugh at his cowardice. You lose bubba.. and he calls me stupid.
  • dominic... Z 2012/07/13 16:42:07
    dominic garcia
    Great answer!!!!!
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/07/13 06:28:57 (edited)
    Fiction
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Stop reading propaganda from the Obama campaign. He doesn't work for Bain and hasn't for years.

I sure as heck would rather have a successful business man that made money than a socialist traitor giving my money away for favors to foreign countries, Unions and thugs.

I guess having 15 Trillion missing since Obama isn't good enough for you. We won't have a country if that traitor gets into office again.

Obama hasn't released any of his records and his first executive order was to hide them forever. Are you asking Obama for his records?

Obama is never honest....are you still voting for him?

It's not illegal to own a corporation but it is illegal to start a war without Congress.

Obama didn't disclose any of his donations even though McCain disclosed all of his and Obama has many from over seas that he never gave back and some from Hamas. So how about Open all Obama's donors....or is that part of your double standard again.
  • LindaM Hula gi... 2012/07/13 07:02:35
    LindaM
    +3
    We aren't talking about Obama, just Romney. No one said Romney is working for Bain NOW. He supposedly worked there until 2002. Romney claims he left in 1999. Bain's records say Romney left in 2002. Quote "In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission in February 2001, Bain Capital listed Mr Romney as the company's ‘sole shareholder, sole director, chief executive officer and president’. It said Mr Romney's ‘principal occupation’ was as Bain's managing director.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...
    http://www.politico.com/news/...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...
  • Hula gi... LindaM 2012/07/13 07:13:44
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Daily Mail...is in the UK and publishes garbage daily. Trust me I know first hand as I personally know of of the top executives.

Politico...lefties.

Come back when you have facts and truth not propaganda.

Besides...when was it a crime to own a business and work hard? Unlike Obama that never worked a real job.
  • LindaM Hula gi... 2012/07/13 07:28:08
    LindaM
    +1
    It's not a crime, but when you lie about when you left and the bankruptcies of companies left in his wake at Bain and out sourcing, then that's a crime.
    Propaganda? When at least 3 sources said the same thing and reported it. I really don't think all 3 would take the chance of reporting something false and not checking it out.
  • Hula gi... LindaM 2012/07/13 08:06:21
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    He didn't lie you just keep believing propaganda.

When was out sourcing a crime? Obama outsourcing America with our money.....now that's a crime.

Obama lies constantly...where is your criticism?

You are such a hypocrite you liberals are so blind.
  • LindaM Hula gi... 2012/07/13 08:24:53
  • TrudyGirl LindaM 2012/07/13 13:16:51
    TrudyGirl
    +3
    Go Linda..they won't look at though; they hide their head in the sand when the truth comes out because like the ostrich they think it will all go away if they hide their head. They are so indoctrinated that they will never see it. I got tired of proving stuff to them because they ignore it. By the way what happens in the vetting process when they catch their boy lying?
  • LindaM TrudyGirl 2012/07/13 13:36:36
    LindaM
    +1
    Yep, you got it. It happens with every bit of information against Romney. I figured it would be that way and I'm expecting it..
  • Hula gi... LindaM 2012/07/13 16:56:03
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    You love those lefty soros websites don't you. Wow you really are dependent on propaganda.
  • LindaM Hula gi... 2012/07/13 17:08:16
    LindaM
    +1
    Can't argue with the Securities Exchange commission, can we? No propaganda there.. Even Bain said it was so.. Are they lefties?
  • Hula gi... LindaM 2012/07/13 20:05:14
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    I still don't understand your obsession with a private person handling their personal assets.

Obama is stealing us blind you bash a private citizen. Get a grip

2014/04/17 18:49:38