Romney's a rich white guy. Is that a bad thing??

BlueRepublican 2012/06/14 23:13:51
NO
YES
Some people criticize Mitt Romney and label him out of touch with the 'common man' because of his wealth. He is very wealthy and made his wealth on Wall Street. He worked hard, made investments, and made a profit for himself, the company and the shareholders. An American Capitalism story of success.

So, why all the attacks on Romney's money? Why does anyone care what he does or doesn't do with his money? People complain about him not paying enough in taxes when they should be screaming for TAX REFORM instead!!

"But Blue, Warren Buffet says rich people should pay more in taxes?" Mr. Buffet could donate ALL his BILLIONS to the govt and it wouldn't even scratch the national DEBT!!

Okay, so Romney doesn't have to struggle to pay his mortgage. He may be able to send his kids to private schools and colleges. He can afford to buy his wife nice things like Cadillacs. He doesn't worry about the price of gas and groceries like we do.

I thought America was a place where people aspired to a higher standard of living? They worked hard to make a better life for themselves and their children. They frowned upon depending on the govt for assistance. And most of all, they celebrated the success of others and were proud of capitalism.

The economy is the central issue of this election and attacking a candidate's personal success in his business career is only a distraction. Let's stick to the issues.

So what if Mitt Romney is a rich white guy? Is that really such a bad thing?

• Zachary Smith 2012/06/15 04:58:40 (edited)
    NO
    Zachary Smith
    +2
    No, usually not the issue, Ross Perot was wealthy and I thought he would have made a great President. Much different guy than Mitt though.

issue ross perot wealthy president
  • ZERO 2012/06/15 04:56:08
    NO
    ZERO
    +1
    The bad thing is he's a lying psychopath.
  • Cirsten... ZERO 2012/06/15 11:48:22
    Cirsten Hahn
    +1
    And Obama is an outstanding Christian or Muslim (or whatever his flavor of the month is!), too - Aint he? NOT!!!!!
  • ZERO Cirsten... 2012/06/15 17:28:49
    ZERO
    I wouldn't vote for either of them.
    obamney
  • aneed2know 2012/06/15 04:31:59 (edited)
    NO
    aneed2know
    +2
    its not a bad thing and its not a good thing, what makes it bad or good is how you use your money and rather you have empathy for others.
  • GeorgeAMartini 2012/06/15 04:24:50
    NO
    GeorgeAMartini
    +2
    I'd rather have a rich guy who at least understands capitalism than the jerk we have now who despises free enterprise. He was raised by self described communists! His friends, mentors and idols are all socialists/communists! When exactly did he embrace free market capitalism? He is a snake oil salesman people. Wake up, before its too late.
  • aneed2know GeorgeA... 2012/06/15 04:32:59
    aneed2know
    +2
    If Romney understood capitalism then why was his job record in Mass 47th in the country, and why did he leave that state with 18 billion in debt?
  • JackSchitt aneed2know 2012/06/15 10:56:35
    JackSchitt
    +1
    Hope you don't get too dizzy from the Obama spin:

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/...
  • aneed2know JackSchitt 2012/06/16 05:02:54
    aneed2know
    +1
    but he did leave the state with 18 billion in debt, it says it right there and he left Mass at 47th in the country, it says it right there in the story.

http://www.politifact.com/tru...
  • JackSchitt aneed2know 2012/06/16 12:21:46
    JackSchitt
    I'm not saying that those numbers aren't TECHNICALLY correct. I'm just saying that the Obama campaign is not keeping them in context.

Again:
    In the 4 years BEFORE Romney took office, debt rose $4B (from 12B to 16B - a 34% increase). During Romney's term, it increased an additional $2B which was only a 16.4% increase. Is that great? Hell no, but unlike Obama at least he CUT the rate of debt increase by half.

And for the Obama advertisement to say that Massachusetts FELL to 47th? The state ranked 50th in job growth the year before Romney took office, and it IMPROVED to 28th in his final year. It averaged 47th for the whole of term, but again it was improving and did not FALL anywhere.

Do I like Romney? No, but he has FORGOTTEN more about Capitalism than Obama will EVER know.
  • Common ... GeorgeA... 2012/06/15 05:01:53
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    Ask him (aneed2know) how much debt Hussein Obama has put us in?
  • GeorgeA... Common ... 2012/06/16 07:41:37
    GeorgeAMartini
    I wasn't going to bother responding to him because in the past when I related an incident that happened to me regarding another matter he called me a liar. His opinion, to me, is worth less than dirt. Besides he'd just use the tired line that Obama HAD TO spend that money because of what the GOP (especially Bush) did to us. Obama had no choice, he'd say.
  • Common ... GeorgeA... 2012/06/16 19:00:43
    Common Sense Conservative
    It's incredible how these people think, isn't it
  • GeorgeA... Common ... 2012/06/16 19:54:52
    GeorgeAMartini
    +1
    Sickening really.
  • ★misfit★ 2012/06/15 04:23:01
    NO
    ★misfit★
    +1
    In and of itself, no. Being out of touch with the common man is a problem, but then again nearly all presidents are to some extent.
  • A Founding Father 2012/06/15 03:58:14 (edited)
    YES
    A Founding Father
    +3
    Bernie Madoff was also a "rich white guy" who worked Wall Street for himself and made a lot of money. Then, Alan Stanford did the same. Stanford's "advisers" tried to sell me some "Bank CDs", his specialty, in the same afternoon that Wells Fargo's advisers tried to sell me some "Asset Backed Securities". Today Stanford was sentenced to 110 years in a cold cell in Texas. Madoff got 350 years and probably won't really be back on Wall Street unless Mitten were to be elected and commutes his sentence. Wells Fargo was bailed out of it's losses by GWB's gift. These are men who have pillaged and plundered, taking from the innocent and keeping for themselves, in different ways, but to the same end. Given the opportunities that the POTUS offers, would you really wish to have any one of these heartless thieves with that position? Why would you wish to have one cut from the same cloth as your POTUS? Do you not get the picture that Wall Street and the Reagan Banks want to return to full control of the U.S. Govy and economy by having another of their own
    in the White House and offices for their "councils" in the basement, to see that things are
    in line with "expectations"?
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/06/15 03:54:03 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +5

...because the one percent needs more power and influence over our daily lives.
  • Common ... lurx: t... 2012/06/15 05:03:00
    Common Sense Conservative
    Nice photo shop.
  • lurx: t... Common ... 2012/06/15 05:18:35
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +3

...maybe you'll like this one a little better.
  • Common ... lurx: t... 2012/06/15 05:21:55
    Common Sense Conservative
    Please explain it
  • lurx: t... Common ... 2012/06/15 10:23:26
  • Common ... lurx: t... 2012/06/16 05:52:30 (edited)
    Common Sense Conservative
    Unless this is you in the video I would rather YOU explain it.

Edit. I watched it. Now explain what it is you are trying to point out.
  • lurx: t... Common ... 2012/06/16 06:13:52
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +1
    You wanted to know the background of the photo, I provided it to you.

...is it really that hard to understand?
  • Common ... lurx: t... 2012/06/16 06:34:06
    Common Sense Conservative
    So what's your point? His explanation was good as good gets.
  • lurx: t... Common ... 2012/06/16 06:46:13 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    Well, let us retrace our steps shall we?

I posted this picture...

retrace steps posted picture

...with this message...

"...because the one percent needs more power and influence over our daily lives."

Not to confuse you, but this was just an example of me being sarcastic. (I really don't believe that the one percent needs more power and influence over our daily lives).

You then astutely pointed out that the picture that I provided to exemplify Romney's status in the 1% was actually an example of a picture being "photoshopped" or digitally altered. You quickly realized that Romney probably does not possess the knuckle tattoos which he appears to proudly display in the photograph.

So then, I provided a well documented photo which exemplifies the same thing, which, apparently you needed to have explained to you.

• Common ... lurx: t... 2012/06/16 19:03:27
    Common Sense Conservative
    Nope, I understood from the beginning what it was you were TRYING to say but I prefer when someone actually says it because I truly have no REAL idea if in fact what I THINK you mean is actually what it is your pictures mean to you. In other words, say it man!
  • lurx: t... Common ... 2012/06/17 05:41:48
    lurx: the soda jerk
    "...because I truly have no REAL idea if in fact what I THINK you mean is actually what it is your pictures mean to you"

...apparently it was pretty hard for you to understand.
  • Common ... lurx: t... 2012/06/17 06:32:24
    Common Sense Conservative
    OK, Great

Now say it man!!!
  • lurx: t... Common ... 2012/06/17 06:34:05
    lurx: the soda jerk
    ...whatever you say, genius.
  • Common ... lurx: t... 2012/06/17 06:42:54
    Common Sense Conservative
    Great, thanks.
  • Lady Wh... lurx: t... 2012/06/15 09:57:51
    +3
    hear ya
  • poet4justice 2012/06/15 03:52:25
    poet4justice
    +3
    one thing i am sure that he is anything but common man
  • Cirsten... poet4ju... 2012/06/15 11:49:28
    Cirsten Hahn
    Same for Obama! He aint NO COMMON man himself!
  • poet4ju... Cirsten... 2012/06/15 12:54:06 (edited)
    poet4justice
    +1
    much more common than Romney, how many people can afford to put a dog on the roof of the while driving. and many other thing that Obama could not afford. OH I forgot that you must be one of the those that can afford to do thing like romney therefore you must have much more in common with him.
  • sheratan 2012/06/15 03:47:31 (edited)
    sheratan
    +4
    The problem is not that he is rich.

The problem is HOW he got that rich.

• Justagirl 2012/06/15 03:43:15
    NO
    Justagirl
    +3
    I don't begrudge him is income. I haven't seen much conviction on his his part to protect mine.
  • A Found... Justagirl 2012/06/15 04:01:31 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +2
    He isn't in the business of "protecting yours". His life work is to make yours his. Do you hapapen to own a business that he could "advise" you to move to China or Brazil, giving him a cut of the action, of course.
  • Justagirl A Found... 2012/06/15 04:42:41
    Justagirl
    Maybe I should have put mine in quotations...
  • A Found... Justagirl 2012/06/15 05:15:24 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Only if you are indicating that you are indicating a quotation or wishing to emphasize.
  • Justagirl A Found... 2012/06/15 06:18:51
    Justagirl
    +1
    yes, the latter...in an crass, simplistic, snarky and internet way...not grammatical.... "mine"-meaning my interest as a U.S. citizen that expects govt. officials to protect and adhere to the Constitution. I have no faith in either front runners for the office. BUT, funny you should mention Brazil...

2014/04/16 04:14:14