Romney Solidifies GOP Position but Obama Gets Boost From Women

The13thPixie BN-0 2012/04/13 22:30:22
Here's some good news.

Romney Solidifies GOP
Position but Obama Gets Boost From Women
By Gary Langer | ABC OTUS
News
– Tue, Apr 10, 2012

A widening gender gap, modest economic
gains, an edge on key issues and broad advantages in personal popularity are
boosting Barack Obama's re-election prospects. Yet Mitt Romney, moving to close
the deal in his own party, holds opportunities of his own for the road
ahead.

Obama has returned to a single-digit lead vs. Romney in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, 51-44 percent among registered
voters, after a virtual dead heat last month. That includes Obama's largest
margin to date among women, 57-38 percent. He trails by 8 points among men. http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1136a22012ElectionUpdat...

Underscoring that gender gap, Obama leads Romney by 19 points among all
adults in trust to handle "women's issues," his single largest advantage among a
dozen issues tested in this poll, which was produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates. That
includes a 10-point lead for Obama on women's issues among men, growing to 27
points among women. http://www.langerresearch.com/

After an extended period of debate and
political positioning on a range of issues of concern to women, there's also a
sharp gender gap in the president's overall job approval rating - 13 points
higher among women than men, another record in ABC/Post polls. Obama's 50
percent approval rating overall rests on positive views among 56 percent of
women vs. 43 percent of men.

Other factors are at play. Obama leads
Romney by significant margins in trust to handle six key issues in all, ranging
from international affairs to protecting the middle class to handling social
issues such as abortion and gay marriage. Romney clearly leads on just one,
handling the deficit. Obama also leads on a range of personal attributes,
including by a vast 38 points in being seen as the more friendly and likable of
the two and by 26 points as "more inspiring."

Among issues, the economy, and the broader
sentiment it inspires, are key to the election. Today the fewest number of
Americans in more than a year say the country is on the wrong track, nearly half
say their local economy is improving and a sense that jobs are "very difficult"
to find has eased by 14 percentage points from last summer.

In addition, approval of Obama's handling
of the economy is up by 6 points from last month, "strong" disapproval has eased
by 8 points from its record high and he leads Romney by 12 points as better
understanding average Americans' economic problems.

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/romney-solidifies-gop-positi...

• GOP Poison 2012/04/14 19:24:48
    GOP Poison
    +5
    All this grabbing at straws over the omission of just 2 words.If Hillary Rosen would have said"Ann Romney has never HAD TO work a day in her life nothing would have been said.BUT I really find it curious that as many women out there as there are BOTH working and raising children and wanting equal pay for equal work and insurance coverage that aligns with their male counterparts,I would have to say that these women have it a lot tougher than Mrs.Romney. When both of these women come under attack,whose side is the GOP on? The millionaires wife of course. Only in America !!!!!!!!!
  • GOP Poison 2012/04/14 19:08:57
    GOP Poison
    +3
    If you want to make the GOP squirm just give them this scenario.Ann is NOT born into wealth and after having 2 children Mitt runs off.Now Ann needs help and applies for welfare and food stamps while she tries to gain employment. After gaining employment she takes advantage of the government funded day care and head start.
    Same woman,different circumstances and you would hate one and love the other.Which one? Why the rich one that does not have to work of course.
  • dominic garcia 2012/04/14 18:53:44
    dominic garcia
    I am a female democrat and I am here to tell you, Obama will be losing a whole lot of his support, as people are consistently finding out the truth about his whole messed up agenda. Obama does not care about America, he has had the opportunity and lots of money to really help the poor, instead he has given billions to companies who are failing and countries who hate us. This is enough to make anyone's blood boil. It is time we put a stop to these abuses!
  • Wilde~M... dominic... 2012/04/15 00:45:04
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    The POTUS cant pass anything alone. Congress have to get bills to him to sign. How exactly can he help the middle class and poor when the Republicans in the house block everything?
  • dominic... Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 01:41:33
    dominic garcia
    The first two years he could do whatever he wanted, because he had 100% support from his liberal friends, until 2010 when Republicans took the house and put a stop to his wild spending. Obama has democrats who have turned against his idealogy, that is the most important reason he hasn't done much after that, it is no longer only Republicans who are angry. Bush spent 4.9 trillion in eight years and Obama spent 3.6 trillion his first 27 months, can you imagine how much more he would have spent if they would of given him the checkbook. He gave trillions to companies who were going bankrupt, if you don't see anything wrong with that.......then end of discussion.
  • Wilde~M... dominic... 2012/04/15 02:00:50
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +3
    "I am a female democrat and I am here to tell you"

WHY did you say you are a democrat?? You can believe all that Fox News crap you just spouting but STOP saying you're a democrat.

Obama did not have 100% for congress. Lieberman was an independent and if you remember he opposed Obama. Plus the MN race took 8 months to decide between Coleman and Franken.
    When you say Obama spent 3.6 trillion in his first 27 months are you including the 2 off budget Bush wars and the off budget tax cuts?!?! Never mind, I already know you don't deal in facts... Good day!
  • uguess Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 02:17:07 (edited)
    uguess
    +1
    SHARIA LAW WILL PUT SALT ON YOUR TAIL, IF YOU ARE NOT STONED TO DEATH FIRST !

THIS HAS A LIBERAL DISCUSSING SHARIA LAW COMING TO AMERICA.

GOOGLE SEARCH SHOWS OVER 1,330,000 EXAMPLES OF SHARIA LAW IN AMERICA.
    https://www.google.com/search...

Judge rules sharia law can be used in American courts.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/12...

John Hayward
    US Judge rules Muslims have a right to assault people who offend them
    http://www.humanevents.com/ar...

Pennsylvania judge rules in favor of Sharia law
    http://digitaljournal.com/art...

New Jersey Judge Rules Islamic Sharia Law Trumps U.S. Law
    http://creepingsharia.wordpre...

https://www.google.com/search...

https://www.google.com/search...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/12...

John Hayward
    http://www.humanevents.com/ar...

http://digitaljournal.com/art...

http://creepingsharia.wordpre...

https://www.google.com/search...
  • Wilde~M... uguess 2012/04/15 02:25:22
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +3
    ahh.. so you do speak for youself? Nice
  • uguess Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 02:28:27
    uguess
    +1
    I SPEAK THE TRUTH BY BRINGING THE TRUTH TOP THE LIGHT OF DAY. EVEN LIBERALS NEED TO SEE THE TRUTH SOMETIMES, LOL, THERE ARE A LOT OF GOPS THAT NEED A GOOD HEAVY DOSE OF REALITY ALSO. THE TRUTH IS GOOD FOR US ALL.. DON'T YOU AGREE?
  • Wilde~M... uguess 2012/04/15 02:29:37
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    yes, the truth is good for us all. Fortunately, THAT is not my truth...
  • uguess Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 02:36:28
    uguess
    +1
    GUESS PERCEPTION IS YOUR REALITY.. OK.. THEN SO BE IT.
    I'M SORRY THAT REALITY HURTS TOO BAD FOR YOU : (

DENIAL IS YOUR CHOICE..

"Denial: When it helps, when it hurts
    Denial is a coping mechanism that gives you time to adjust to distressing situations — but staying in denial can interfere with treatment or your ability to tackle challenges.
    By Mayo Clinic staff"
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/hea...

• Wilde~M... uguess 2012/04/15 02:46:01
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +3
    LMAO.. My reality doesn't hurt its just fine.
  • uguess Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 02:47:17
    uguess
    +1
    GOOD 4 U ENJOY
  • dominic... Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 02:34:47 (edited)
    dominic garcia
    +1
    It is important for me to say that I come from a liberal state who is losing faith in Obama. I am tired of hearing that most women love Obama when they don't, I have plenty of democrat friends who regret voting for Obama. Ok I should have not said 100%, maybe more like 95%, but you don't have to get mad. Obama with or without the Bush tax cuts has still spent more money than any of the past presidents.
  • Wilde~M... dominic... 2012/04/15 02:49:43
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    First, I'm not mad and you didn't say 'its important for you to say you come from a liberal state' you said you were a female democrat.
    That would be the Bush tax cuts AND both of Bush's wars....
    Hey I don't care if you don't like Obama, you have your own opinion but not your own set of facts.. and we already know you play fast and loose with that facts.
    'I am a female democrat and I am here to tell you, Obama will be losing a whole lot of his support, as people are consistently finding out the truth about his whole messed up agenda'
  • dominic... Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 03:03:16
    dominic garcia
    Should I like someone who is destroying America? Obama is a corrupt person, I see you have a lot of respect for him and I understand perfectly. Not everyone can see what we see. Only time will tell.
  • Wilde~M... dominic... 2012/04/15 04:25:15
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    Hes destroying America? Or really how? Is it that hes taking your guns away or maybe its becuz hes not doing anything about the illegal immigrants? What?
    My respect for the POTUS has nothing to do with the information I gave you.
  • Sissy Wilde~M... 2012/04/17 10:59:03
    Sissy
    +1
    Probably the key is sending the GOPPERS home come November. In spite of the stonewalling, fillibustering and just saying "no", this President has accomplished quite a lot. The sad thing is, more could have been done had the republicans rolled up their sleeves three years ago and helped clean up the petard they largely made.
  • The13th... dominic... 2012/04/15 03:30:14
    The13thPixie BN-0
    +3

If you are a democrat, why does your profile say conservative. I think I smell a troll trying to stir up something.

rrrb
  • dominic... The13th... 2012/04/15 03:42:53
    dominic garcia
    I am a conservative democrat and so is my husband, we are not the only conservative democrats, I'll be honest, I want to change to "Republican" but I do not want to give my father a heart attack, because he is a staunch democrat. I've been challenged before and it is ok, we are supposed to get new voter IDs, I might just post it. My career has been retail management, but I am currently a stay at home housewife. I know there are people who lie about who they really are.....but that is not me. My name has been a little manipulated, but that is it.
  • Wilde~M... dominic... 2012/04/15 04:27:13
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +3
    And what pray tell is a conservative democrat?
  • The13th... Wilde~M... 2012/04/15 04:37:31
    The13thPixie BN-0
    +2
    I'll tell you what it is.....a closet republican.

rimshot
  • Wilde~M... The13th... 2012/04/15 04:44:38
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    lol.. pretty much!!
    Wanna be a conservative go for it but don't spout crap then say you're a democrat.. laughable! Love the pic BA DUM tssshhh!!
  • CAROLYN... Wilde~M... 2012/04/16 12:08:38
  • Sissy dominic... 2012/04/15 11:26:09 (edited)
    Sissy
    +6
    You are as phony as Romney and no more a democrat than he is and your page offers solid proof of that. You indicate you are a "conservative" in your personal information and you "love Bill O'Reilly's show and watch it all the time". But yet self-righteously proclaim that you are a "female democrat" Give me a break. You remind me of the "fake democrats" who are running for office here in Wisconsin hoping to throw the Recall election off. You are easy to spot and to dismiss. You need to be a little wiser if you're going to try and subvert this site. You're not doing so well.
  • The13th... Sissy 2012/04/15 18:33:35
    The13thPixie BN-0
    +5
    Her sock's unravelling.
  • dominic... Sissy 2012/04/16 04:22:30
    dominic garcia
    I am sorry, but I guess I have fooled you because I am a conservative (first) and a democrat (second.) In New Mexico you will find lots of democrats who think just like I do. We voted for a Republican Governor because we were tired of our democrat Governor Richardson. We thought we should try the Republican instead of another corrupt Obama Zombie. Richardson was hanging around with Obama and got contaminated by the corruption. I have always voted for who ever I thought was going to do a better job, I have never cared about the party. You can call me a liar or whatever you want, does not matter to me. You really want me to believe you are a Christian, you can call yourself one, but I can tell you for sure JESUS would never support corruption.
  • Sissy dominic... 2012/04/16 12:02:39
    Sissy
    +2
    How in the devil can you be a "conservative first and a democrat second"??. There is not one single point on their Agendas that are even remotely alike? While you may charge this President to be corrupt, he doesn't come near to the corruption perpetrated by the last administration. When the Iraq war was started Haliburton, who had the services of Cheney was on the ropes and near bankrupt. Thanks to Cheney and the no bid contracts, they made billoions of dollars during that War of Choice. So don't lecture on how corrupt this President even comes close to the same ilk.

If you hail from both parties and you think that the terms of the Shrub were successful and did so much for you, then you had to have been in a coma because it has been a non-stop effort to get this country back on its feet again after the incompetent mis-governing we suffered for all those years. It will take decades to repair the damage and you have no one to blame but the party that you list belonging to.
  • #Justic... Sissy 2012/04/17 00:59:37
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    The last time I heard the words Conservative & Democrat together was during the time of the Dixiecrats.
  • dominic... Sissy 2012/04/17 05:00:35
    dominic garcia
    If you do not believe the truth, then there is nothing I can do about that.
  • Sissy dominic... 2012/04/17 11:02:16
    Sissy
    Obama is not going to lose anything as the "poor little Ann being picked on" story gets more widespread. She was no more offended than anyone else at Rosen's remarks and said as much when she was overheard saying that the remark "was an early birthday gift".

BTW: I find it impossible to believe that you are a "female democrat" or you would be more upset over the republican's determination to peek into your bedroom and have the legal right to probe your body. Now that is something to be upset about, ya think?
  • DDogbreath 2012/04/14 13:58:27
    DDogbreath
    +4
    Romney has tried to get the woman's vote by being a douche bag.

Flip Flopper  douche
  • uguess 2012/04/14 05:18:35
    uguess
    +1
    THIS IS A FACT, !!!! WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE COMMENT.

UNDER OBAMA AND THE DNC, THIS IS COMING TO AMERICAN WOMEN SOON !
    IT IS ALREADY IN ENGLAND ! AND NOW THE USA ! OBAMA FUNDED THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD 1.5 BILLION IN US DOLLARS AND HE AND THE DNC ARE SUPPORTING THE KILLING OF WOMEN THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. SHARIA LAW IS BEING FUNDED BY OBAMAS GIFT OF OUR MONEY.

SHARIA LAW AND WOMEN http://waronterrornews.typepa... SHARIA LAW AND WOMEN SHARIA LAW AND WOMEN SHARIA LAW AND WOMEN
  • DutchHe... uguess 2012/04/14 07:33:31
  • uguess DutchHe... 2012/04/14 07:36:21 (edited)
    uguess
    +1
    I'm the idiot, how about you lighting your farts, and the fact you are not even a US citizen says a lot... You have no dog in this fight ! LOL Maybe you want the USA to fall.. hummmm ?

Your are so informed aren't you. SORRY, But you are very ill, better stop the denial and start to face reality... But the Doctors indicate you won,t you will just get angry and emotional instead of deal with the facts. The FACTS ARE SHOWN in these news shows, from people who are not like you and just scream ridiculousness . I feel soooo sorry for you. But maybe some one else who is wise enough, might learn something new about their potential future.

YOU AND YOUR EVIL KITTY (luvgins) SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND HAVE LOTS OF LITTLE DEMONS. potential future httpwww youtube comwatch evil kitty luvgins lots demons
  • DutchHe... DutchHe... 2012/04/14 08:26:46 (edited)
  • luvguins DutchHe... 2012/04/14 14:01:28
    luvguins
    +7
    They always block when get outed for what they are, and this jerk is a lunatic.
  • dominic... luvguins 2012/04/14 18:44:45 (edited)
    dominic garcia
    +1
    Sorry luvguins I raved you by mistake.......I am with DANIEL, all you have to do is read this book (AMERICAN JIHAD.) The islamic extremists are already in America and their plans are to eventually turn us into Sharia Law. Daniel is not making this stuff up, he is 100% correct.
  • luvguins dominic... 2012/04/14 18:56:58 (edited)
    luvguins
    +4
    You believe everything you read in a book? You folks sure do love conspiracy theories. It is the Republicans making their own version of Sharia Law on women in plain sight by taking their rights back decades.
  • dominic... luvguins 2012/04/14 19:35:20
    dominic garcia
    I do not believe everything I read. So are you saying that there is no such thing as Sharia law in America. According to you, no islamic terrorrist in America calling us infidels for not agreeing with their idealogy?

2014/10/30 19:10:10