Romney seems to believe that public servants are the problem. Yes or no?

ϟM̈ öp̈ëdërϟ 2012/06/12 09:55:34

Romney wants to cut jobs for firefighters, police officers, and teachers. Jobs we need to help grow the economy.

That's a plan too extreme, even for Tea Party Governor Scott Walker. But today, the Romney campaign doubled down.

ROMNEY SECOND GREAT DEPRESSION

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/WDBD-We-Dont...

• captainquiggle 2012/06/12 11:01:39
    captainquiggle
    +9
    Romney's a moron: he NAMES police, firefighters and teachers as being things that those great Wisconsinites decided they don't need, and now, all of the nation should follow suit. How this makes sense to him or anyone else is beyond me.

I can't think of a time in America's history where police, firefighters, and teachers weren't a necessity and in short supply. With a growing populace, one would think that hiring more would be a no-brainer, but not to Romey, due to Wisconsinites.

WHAT?

Oh, and for those of you that want to point and wave your fingers, saying "Quiggle, you just don't know what he really means, which is government policies getting bigger... we don't need more of THAT" I've got your answer. All I've got to say is "look at republican policy for the last 30-plus years and see what they've done in slow economic times--or just look at kaysian economics, because it's basic theory."

Reagan, Bush 1 and 2 all used large government policies when things were looking grim to speed up economic recovery. They increased government spending and government jobs during their term. But, when Obama calls for doing the same thing, AFTER BREATHING LIFE into the PRIVATE SECTOR, he's deemed a socialist.

WHY? Oh, because Wisconsin decided all of that for us recently. If this c...

WHAT?

WHY? Oh, because Wisconsin decided all of that for us recently. If this country falls into despair, it's nothing more than the fault of a state with a recent recall election. Don't believe the left, when they tell you it was the right that fought to make sure government jobs weren't created.

We now know better. Thanks a lot, Wisconsin.

• just me 2012/06/16 04:46:46
    just me
    Ironic that he is fighting for a public servant job when he disdains the government so much!
  • beach bum 2012/06/13 08:41:59
    beach bum
    no
    And he like other conservatives are looking to turn runing government into a private industry.. The only way to do that is blame public employees for everthing going wrong. Just like the Fascist Walker has done in Wisconsin
  • Keeping It Real 2012/06/13 07:39:31
    Keeping It Real
    2face Romney talks out of the side of his neck.
  • Helmholtz 2012/06/12 23:05:37
    Helmholtz
    +1
    I take it he didn't side with Bush on this one then

job creation
  • Jo 2012/06/12 19:35:06
    Jo
    +1
    of course not---the man has no idea what he's saying. romney mormon moron
  • Harold 2012/06/12 16:52:03
    Harold
    +2
    Public servants are the ones who solve the problems, while those in power create them.
  • oldlady Harold 2012/06/12 18:35:25
    oldlady
    Well put ;-)
  • JanHopkins 2012/06/12 16:50:41
    JanHopkins
    +1
    When my employers run out of money they put us on layoff. What is the problem with that?
  • Jo JanHopkins 2012/06/12 19:37:22
    Jo
    +1
    if he was talking about employers in general and not service people specifically, there would be no problem; besides, you cant "lay off" police and firemen in the same manner that you can other types of workers because of the potential societal repercussions.
  • JanHopkins Jo 2012/06/13 03:07:17
    JanHopkins
    They get layed off all the time around here.
  • captain... JanHopkins 2012/06/12 23:40:05
    captainquiggle
    Your employers pay you more and government workers get better benefits. What's wrong with that?
  • JanHopkins captain... 2012/06/13 03:11:52
    JanHopkins
    My employers don't pay nearly as well as the police get payed. What you are unaware of is that the private sector must have enough money to pay for the work of the public service jobs. Now lets think about how many private sector employees have lost their jobs and the homes that were taxed to pay for the public sector.
  • captain... JanHopkins 2012/06/13 11:07:28
    captainquiggle
    If you don't get more than 30k, that's your employers fault.
  • JanHopkins captain... 2012/06/13 13:39:09
    JanHopkins
    That must be entry level. I've seen the homes our cops live in.
  • captain... JanHopkins 2012/06/13 13:47:52
    captainquiggle
    Ummm... two-person incomes?
  • JanHopkins captain... 2012/06/13 14:21:12
    JanHopkins
    I see. The wives are CEO's.
  • captain... JanHopkins 2012/06/13 15:25:10
    captainquiggle
    Or, they happen to have a tenured position on the force. You let me know.

Somehow, working a job that pays 30 grand and can go up to 60k to 100k is evil in the public sector, but it's fine in the private sector, where people routinely make millions and get tax breaks all the time.

What's the deal? You don't like your police force, firefighters and teachers?
  • JanHopkins captain... 2012/06/13 15:32:26
    JanHopkins
    My son is a cop. My daughter is studying to be a teacher. I just make observations.
  • captain... JanHopkins 2012/06/13 16:00:55
    captainquiggle
    You haven't observed much, then. You ever discuss this with either your son or your daughter? You ever tell them they make too much money?
  • JanHopkins captain... 2012/06/13 16:16:24
    JanHopkins
    Have you ever even thought about where the money comes from to pay public service? It is a lot like gardening. If the plant has few roots in sour soil you can't expect flowers and fruit. We have to get the soil up to par, water frequently, and THEN have an expectation of a flowering economy.
  • captain... JanHopkins 2012/06/13 18:24:51
    captainquiggle
    The thing is that I KNOW WHERE IT COMES FROM. Do you?

It's like this: You don't destroy the plants to get your soil up to par, you replace the soil. You still need the plants. The soil doesn't just grow plants on its own.

Keynes advocated what has been called countercyclical fiscal policies, that is, policies that acted against the tide of the business cycle: deficit spending when a nation's economy suffers from recession or when recovery is long-delayed and unemployment is persistently high—and the suppression of inflation in boom times by either increasing taxes or cutting back on government outlays. He argued that governments should solve problems in the short run rather than waiting for market forces to do it in the long run, because, "in the long run, we are all dead."

Guess who followed that path? REAGAN, BUSH and HIS SON.

Why you'd argue against that NOW, is beyond me. If you like going bankrupt as a nation, then go ahead and like that. I'm not going along with you.
  • JanHopkins captain... 2012/06/14 03:35:36
    JanHopkins
    So you will be moving soon?
  • captain... JanHopkins 2012/06/14 13:43:46
    captainquiggle
    I take it you already live in a world that doesn't exist. Enjoy it there.
  • santa6642 2012/06/12 16:14:07
    santa6642
    +1
    Over paid and under worked.
  • Jo santa6642 2012/06/12 19:38:23
    Jo
    +1
    overpaid? the average police officer's salary is 30,000, and you think thats overpaid? sounds like theres some sour grapes at work....
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/06/12 15:46:27
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    This doesn't surprise me at all. He's against the middle class and public workers and is determined to bring them down. He has no clue how these people live and work.
  • oldlady **Starz... 2012/06/12 18:01:08
  • **Starz... oldlady 2012/06/12 18:16:19
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    hahaha OMG, I love that graphic. lol romney hates dogs gifs
  • oldlady **Starz... 2012/06/12 18:33:16
  • oldlady 2012/06/12 15:20:54
    oldlady
    +2
    Voting him out of public office would be a great start :/
  • Odinsown 2012/06/12 14:20:51
    Odinsown
    +3
    That is what it sounds like, in my opinion it isn't public servants that are the issue, it is the hordes of office drones, the complete disregard for efficiency, and the greed of the unions.
  • apachehellfire65 2012/06/12 14:07:40
    apachehellfire65
    +2
    but public service unions are!
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/06/12 14:01:01
  • KoAm 2012/06/12 13:53:52
    KoAm
    +6
    Increasing the number of government jobs helps to grow the economy?

That's a ridiculous claim, even by liberal standards.
  • ϟM̈ öp̈... KoAm 2012/06/12 15:44:34
  • captain... KoAm 2012/06/12 15:53:50 (edited)
    captainquiggle
    Yet, it seemed to make sense under Reagan and Bush and Bush, Jr. What's changed?

reagan bush bush jr changed

You might also want to check out Keynesian Economics. Not to be confused with your RW brain for Kenyan Economics. Thanks.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/06/12 13:29:42
    Wahvlvke
    +6
    Yo! Mo! ... and the rest of you mentally challenged libertards ... the federal government does not employ firefighters, policemen or teachers. They are state or local employees and they do not contribute to growing the economy but are a drag on the economy because it takes several taxpayers to cover their salaries and benefits. I sure will be glad when you idiots can figure out something as simple as this.
  • captain... Wahvlvke 2012/06/12 13:56:40
    captainquiggle
    Why were they directly named by Romney, then? And, why did Wisconsin show us all that we don't need them?

2014/07/22 21:33:09