Romney on Obamacare: "Repeal the Bad and Keep the Good"

Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/05/29 02:32:04

I am absolutely stunned by the content of this video of Mitt Romney, the latest from Andrew Kaczynski.
It is not from 2006, not from 2002, not from 1994, not from some
campaign of yore when he was appealing to a different audience. It is
from just last year, in reaction to President Obama's health care law.
Romney says: "I hope we're ultimately able to eliminate some of the
differences, and repeal the bad and keep the good."

A couple of notes:

Romney applauds the "incentives" to
purchase insurance in Obamacare, which he says "works." This, of course,
refers to the individual mandate. The "incentive" is a fine.

Romney also inaccurately describes why his exchange functions - again leaving out the taxpayer funded subsidies which
are inevitably redistributed from other taxpayers. Of the 412,000
people added to the insurance rolls in Massachusetts since 2006, only
7,000 of them have coverage not subsidized in whole or in part by the
taxpayers.

Romney says that the "rates are lower than they otherwise would be" according to this. That's an item for further debate, but premium rates in Massachusetts are the highest in the nation and
double the national average. They have increased dramatically since his
plan passed - he really believes they would be even higher without it?

Romney
claims that he opposes the aspect of Obamacare that will determine
pricing of premiums - this is a bit of an inaccurate description, but
even so, how does this not conflict with exactly the same policy approach in Massachusetts today, an inevitable result of his law?

In
all, this is a very disturbing video given how recent it is.
Considering that this follows on Philip Klein's discovery that Romney
plans to use a waiver method for the states which does not kick in until 2017, and leaves much of Obamacare intact, my concerns about Romney's intentions have never been higher.

At the very least, Romney must explain to us what he means by "repeal the bad and keep the good."

UPDATE: Philip Klein points out to me that this was consistent with what Romney was reportedly saying elsewhere at the time in 2010 - that he would repeal "the worst aspects" of Obamacare.

So what's the good?

Read More: http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Romney-on-Obamacare-...

• ConLibFraud 2012/05/29 02:38:44
    Mitt Romney is Wrong. We need to repeal it all.
    ConLibFraud
    +5
    We repeal all of Deathcare and then we only have to improve the current best medical system in the world. Let's concentrate on HEALTHCARE and get the phucking insurance companies and government out of the phucking way!!!!!!

Thanks, I am going to save this for all the neos who have said that ORomney will repeal Deathcare!!!

• JCD aka "biz" 2012/06/23 21:54:20
    Mitt Romney is Wrong. Keep it all.
    JCD aka "biz"
    Actually, Mitt "Tax Credit" Romney wants to keep Rafalcacare.
  • mennosdad 2012/05/30 03:31:58
    mennosdad
    +1
    If your anything like me, you know nothing about whats in obamacare anyway. With our Governments record of finding ways to screw it's people that elect them, I'm sure no good will come of it.
  • TuringsChild 2012/05/30 01:18:01
    TuringsChild
    +1
    There IS no 'good' part of a patriarchal government forcing a Free People to do anything against their will. The very CONCEPT is wrong-headed. Let the Free Market work its magic.
  • *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg' 2012/05/30 01:12:58
    *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg'
    +2
    Anyone that is still going to vote for him as though there is some sort of difference between him and Obama is a moron.
  • Freedom Mom 2012/05/29 18:27:35 (edited)
    Freedom Mom
    +2
    Mitt Ronmey is just like Obama this post is futher proof of it. Mitt will tell you anything to get a vote. I hope Americans are paying attention. Same game different player. I think the Healthcare Reform Bill should go in the trash and be set on fire. Romney's Bill Mirrors Obama's.
  • nverumind 2012/05/29 15:42:54
    nverumind
    +4
    Typical, You cant hold romney to anything he says, he is the epitome of a puppet!
    But yet we have people that are soo hell bent to prove that he is something good for this country, while stating obvious detest for obama. Well, you cannot dislike obama and love Romney, they are one in the same! If you take a look not only at their healthcare plans, but at their economic plans it would seem that they had a slumber party and concocted their schemes together.
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2012/05/29 13:29:57
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +4
    I have tried to show the dullards on this site that Romney is a clone of BO, and an all out fraud. He stands for nothing. He is another Bush and Clinton, with a Billion dollar bank account. He doesn't give a squat about the people.
    He won't change one thing, nor remove any of the damage that BO has done.
  • Freedom... Technot... 2012/05/29 23:54:21
    Freedom Mom
    +2
    Amen, I have to agree with you about that.
  • mennosdad Technot... 2012/05/30 03:43:40
    mennosdad
    +1
    We can only hope that they don't pay off the investigators.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/05/29 12:50:33
    Mitt Romney is Right. Keep the "Good" of Obamacare - Including the unconsitut...
    Rebel Yell
    +1
    Oh, come on now. When has Romney ever revealed how he really thinks about anything. Tell him what you want to hear. He has a script for it.
  • DDogbreath 2012/05/29 07:30:20
    DDogbreath
    +3
    If you want to check where Romney stands on an issue all you have to do is select

check romney stands issue select
    check romney stands issue select
  • Tink123 2012/05/29 06:29:24
    Tink123
    +4
    I've been saying this for a while - before ever seeing this video. Anyone that honestly believes Romney - father of Romney-care - is now going to repeal Obama-care, deserves what they get from this clown. Sure, he'll say he's going to repeal it, just like he said he was for and against abortion. lol But the minute he gets elected (not that it will even happen) he'd switch from "repeal" to "reform." Because that's what progs do - they never undo the damage - they only ever add to it. Great post Dan =)
  • ConLibFraud 2012/05/29 02:38:44
    ConLibFraud
    +5

• Dan ☮ R... ConLibF... 2012/05/29 02:43:41 (edited)
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +5
    Its been coming up so much in my arguments lately, that I thought I might as well just share it with everyone. It just gets me so angry with how think skulled neocons can be. They dont care. They will defend their golden boy till the end.
    And while I dont like the ABO crowd, at least they admit Romney has faults.

The reality is Romney will not repeal Obamacare. He will definitely keep all core components of it. As he said he likes the "incentive" - The incentive of of the individual mandate. Tax all to death that refuse to buy into the system.

And the ironic thing is that uninsured Americans, pay less, far less than insured ones on average. So I dont see how forcing us to buy insurance will help any of us.
  • ConLibF... Dan ☮ R... 2012/05/29 02:45:34
    ConLibFraud
    +4
    Neocons are like liberals! The difference is they vote for the (R)s.
  • Dan ☮ R... ConLibF... 2012/05/29 02:49:37 (edited)
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +6
    They agree on a lot, but love to whine about the minor details.

Kind of like how Romney is trying to not support Obamacare, but at the same time support his plan, in spite of the fact that they are the same except maybe the excessive pork, and surveillance provisions thrown in.
  • ConLibF... Dan ☮ R... 2012/05/29 02:57:12
    ConLibFraud
    +3
    Total insanity!!!!
  • mennosdad ConLibF... 2012/05/30 03:46:26
    mennosdad
    +1
    yep per

2014/09/24 00:34:24